/meg/ - Military Enlistment General

USMC is best Corps edition

Previous LYEING ABOUT MEDICAL HISTORY = GOOD
LYIENG ABOUT CRIMINAL HISTORY = BAD
LYEING ON A POLYGRAPH = DEPENDS ON IF YOU'RE A GOOD LOYER

>Do your own research to start, then come here for clarification.
>No vague questions, like "What job is best?"
>Discord
>discordapp.com/invite/ZJPxxTj
>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

pastebin.com/0K6MFcUZ
Guides to prepare for high-speed shit. (SEAL, Ranger etc.)

Resources:
Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff.

uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

airwarriors.com/community/
>Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/prerequ/woft.shtml
US Army High school to Flight school

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
>pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke?
No.
i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png
tl;dr: Long hard school, to do shitty work, and the job prospects are a lie.

CG info
gocoastguard.com/family-and-friends/the-helmsman/required-knowledge

READ THIS BEFORE ASKING CLEARANCE QUESTIONS KTHX
opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF86.pdf

Attached: usmc.png (225x225, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

breakingmuscle.com/fitness/keep-sumo-deadlifting-unorthodox-rehab-for-lumbar-injuries
startingstrength.com/article/back_rehab_a_case_study#.VLcpDUfF95c
kabukistrength.com/breathing-is-not-bracing-kms-public/
youtube.com/watch?v=2c-fD-9enIw&list=PLDBM4YvYAiclR7fwnOwVJlYBNxQa7kGaE&index=16&t
youtube.com/watch?v=riq-DfDDimc
youtube.com/watch?v=WIkwxZhwltU&list=PLDBM4YvYAiclR7fwnOwVJlYBNxQa7kGaE&index=2&t
youtube.com/watch?v=DWmGArQBtFI&list=PLDBM4YvYAiclR7fwnOwVJlYBNxQa7kGaE&index=13&t
youtube.com/watch?v=9SKuFe2SERs&list=PLDBM4YvYAiclR7fwnOwVJlYBNxQa7kGaE&index=11&t
youtube.com/watch?v=zDurZ3SS8NE&list=PLDBM4YvYAiclR7fwnOwVJlYBNxQa7kGaE&index=18&t
youtube.com/watch?v=9tWEuYqVMPw&list=PLDBM4YvYAiclR7fwnOwVJlYBNxQa7kGaE&index=17&t
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Air Force or Coast Guard

what do you want to do?

Space Force

4th for 11b

Asking this again with the hopes 350f user or someone that knows the clearance process can help:

While I pretty much was raised in upper middle class white suburbia, I did travel a bunch as a teen, including going to Ghana, Morocco, Ukraine, Armenia, Georgia, a couple rebel republics, Beirut for 2 months, and Iraqi Kurdistan along with a little bit of Iraq when I was 18. Will I be able to pass a secret clearance?

Any Air Force recruiters here?

6th for 19K

Yes, just make sure to have the travel dates and address of where you stayed on hand.

>USMC is best Corps
>every /meg/ is about joining the Army Intelligence Corps
uhm... user...

Attached: moedisgusted.jpg (724x1024, 312K)

How red pilled you wanna be senpai? I can blow your mind.

Secret? Sure. Maybe not TS. And it depends on why you were there, what you were doing, who you met and talked to. And like other user be prepared with all dates, and travel records if possible.

join the Marines then

Attached: us_space_force__marine_corps_by_ynot1989-d6wbjmz.png (889x899, 496K)

I want to go Infantry but I'm not sure which branch to enlist in. Which one will make me hate my life the least?

Attached: 1512071020442.png (607x582, 36K)

Coast Guard. You’re never going to deploy regardless of branch, so you might as well get comfy on the coast with the coasties and maybe shoot pirates or rescue people like a chadly lifeguard.

>Which one will make me hate my life the least?
Army you'll have more upward mobility and the chance to do more cool stuff

Friendly tip for anyone who wants to go Army Special Forces

Join your state's National Guard as an 11b.

Then go to one of the tryouts for 19th or 20th group.

If you pass the 3-day mini-selection, you get on their training team, they prepare you, and when you go down to real selection you have a way higher chance of passing.

In addition, if you pass real selection, a lot of guys then choose to just go Active Duty and are full time SF guys.

If you fail selection, you get a second chance, and then if you fail twice you go back to the Guard unit you signed up with. But at this point you will be so far into your contract you won't have much time left and will soon be out of the military.

Why is this the best bet?

Because if you sign up with the 18X program and fail (which MOST DO) you will be reassigned to 'needs of the Army' and get fucked, your bonus taken away, and you won't be able to try out for another 6 years. It's a recruiting thing.

You're welcome.

Source: I am on 20th Group's training team.

Double bonus: Delta Force recruiters come around to the 19th and 20th groups trying to sign people up. Even if you haven't gone to SF selection, if you have a good record they will pick guys right off the training team.

Attached: Great.png (1520x1126, 1.59M)

03xx

Okay dope. Beirut I was studying Arabic. Eastern Europe I was doing with a super rich kid and we basically just got really drunk a lot and hopped around seeing touristy things. Ghana and Morocco I did with a volunteer group for teens (not Peace Corps). Iraq I did because I was stupid and needed to renew my Lebanese tourist visa. I spent the majority of the time with a US SF-trained Iraqi SWAT team though so I think I should be fine.

would this work for Air Guard CCT if I join my states TAC-P unit?

>join the marines
nah, I already served. stay mad.

Don't know my friend. I know nothing about the Air Guard side of things.

I need something my man. Tired of my injury halting any progress. I have basic broscience knowledge, but that shit doesnt work for me.

you're a peach, user. betting all your active contract goodies against a rigorous selection process is a really bad deal. thanks for lookin out for these kids.

Attached: nani.png (800x900, 646K)

Cont
350F user btw.

See a doctor.

Alternatively, learn some new exercises that develop different muscle groups, or keep using your current exercises but increase the weight/resistance. Also ofc stretch and drink water.

stfu faggot dont pretend to be me
1 second ill link some stuff

Attached: 1529765748168.jpg (2000x3000, 721K)

This

Although this would be more for dudes who have a stable living situation. Otherwise active is good for those who need to leave home.

Yup. Although you can turn NG SF honestly pretty close to active by living the guard bum life considering how easy it is to get schools and deployments.

I have seen a doctor, they just tell me to go to phys therapy, and those dudes are even more useless because they tell me to stick to resistance bands. I need some real world advice.

Army has tons of history and imo is the most respectable, and they do cool shit. Marines, too, but they have a reputation as crazy fucks. Also being a Marine in the field is literally being given permission to have gay sex.

Attached: wojakbigemoboss.jpg (800x600, 161K)

I get that, but for alot of dudes, they cant wait the few months to a year to get on active time. I totally agree with what you said though.

RedPill out the ass cause im feeling generous

breakingmuscle.com/fitness/keep-sumo-deadlifting-unorthodox-rehab-for-lumbar-injuries
startingstrength.com/article/back_rehab_a_case_study#.VLcpDUfF95c
kabukistrength.com/breathing-is-not-bracing-kms-public/

youtube.com/watch?v=2c-fD-9enIw&list=PLDBM4YvYAiclR7fwnOwVJlYBNxQa7kGaE&index=16&t
youtube.com/watch?v=riq-DfDDimc
youtube.com/watch?v=WIkwxZhwltU&list=PLDBM4YvYAiclR7fwnOwVJlYBNxQa7kGaE&index=2&t
youtube.com/watch?v=DWmGArQBtFI&list=PLDBM4YvYAiclR7fwnOwVJlYBNxQa7kGaE&index=13&t
youtube.com/watch?v=9SKuFe2SERs&list=PLDBM4YvYAiclR7fwnOwVJlYBNxQa7kGaE&index=11&t
youtube.com/watch?v=zDurZ3SS8NE&list=PLDBM4YvYAiclR7fwnOwVJlYBNxQa7kGaE&index=18&t
youtube.com/watch?v=9tWEuYqVMPw&list=PLDBM4YvYAiclR7fwnOwVJlYBNxQa7kGaE&index=17&t

And download the pdf for Mcgills big 3.

Attached: 1528023717560.jpg (1333x2000, 254K)

Yeah that's why a lot of the REP63 guys I train with are usually out of college with a career already. Hell, one guy has a degree from Berkeley and is a software engineer while another runs his own successful business. At 20, I'm actually very very young for a REP63 guy apparently.

One dude on my training team is in college and is such a madman he brought his GRE study guides with him to SFAS to study whenever he got a break.

He ended up getting really sick and failing land nav. Here's hoping he gets it round 2.

Oh man that sucks. Make sure to get on those multi-vitamins and eat your fruits and vegetables. I'll probably just bring a good novel like Blood Meridian or something. When's your SFAS date?

>multi-vitamins
meme
>fruits
semi meme
>vegetables
non meme

Thanks buddy, reading the first link now. Any nutrition tips? I pretty much eat 3 plain scrambled eggs for breakfast, plain chicken salad for mid morning, go home and make 12 oz grilled salmon for lunch, then come home and eat a big bowl of green beans and fruit. Supp wise, im taking D3, fish oil, and a one a day. Ive become allergic to whey and casein protein powder, even the expensive ultra filtered shit, i become super bloated and my mouth swells a bit. Have a slight dairy allergy so i pretty much cut all dairy from my diet. The diet plan is recent, only a few weeks, and ive been feeling good overall. Had to switch to a healthier diet because just had a full bloodwork and lab tests done,and my LDL was high, dont got the diabetes, thyroid is normal, test is normal, etc. Only abnormality was slightly high protein count which im getting further testing, and high magnesium(not dangerous, just above the scale).

>LYEING ABOUT MEDICAL HISTORY = GOOD
I don't think it would be wise to lie about my herniated discs and bone fragments in my spine though.

Hasn't been given to me yet. I just had my first drill post-SFRE this past weekend. I've been told it'll probably be either August 29 or October 3rd.

Actually, question, I heard that the October one is the one to try and get because the fiscal year restarts so there are more slots to pass guys? Whereas August is the hardest to pass since they have so few slots left?

Any idea if there is truth to that?

>D3
meme, go out in the sun
>fish oil
meme, krill oil is far better
>multi
Waste
>LDL being high is bad
MEMEMEMEMEME
I can red pill you so fucking hard on this your mother will feel it

Buddy I think i just need to adopt you and teach you.
Anyway, youre not going back in the mill right? Just trying to be healthier overall?

Attached: 1528071146310.jpg (1333x2000, 201K)

I've heard the same thing but I can't confirm whether it's true or not... idk. Could be the case but I try not to think about attrition rates and all that stuff. I just try to focus on improving myself and striving to as best as I can as cheesy as that may sound.

Yeah, I hear you. I want to get down and get through ASAP, but I still want to increase my chances by any amount possible.

Last thread someone mentioned that 48 series is good to rebranch into after doing combat arms - does anyone know how competitive this field is? I don't speak any foreign languages very well but I'm willing to bust my ass and learn one over the next 5 years if that's what it takes to become an FAO.

what language?

Any language will do, I was just curious how competitive it is to be an FAO

>tfw shipping out today
>tfw I forgot online future soldier
How badly did I fuck up

it's meaningless now

So I won't struggle in basic because of that?

>25
>6'4''
>200lb
10+ minute mile

good upper body strength though.. how fucked am I if I join the Navy?

no they don't care about shit

Im done with mil, i have 80% disability rating from VA, and no I wasnt medically discharged. Did 6 years.

Im taking the D3 because my bloodwork said I was low. I live in VA and mow my lawn every few days, so I was surprised by the low count(I forgot to mention that in previous response). Ill switch to krill oil, I just used fish oil because my gf gets them from costco. Are multis bad now?

Im just trying to get into shape. Just everytime I try, after a few days my back gets fucked and I cant do anything for a couple of weeks. Also my recent bloodwork showed I had high cholestoral and I want to get that lowered.

They send you to DLI, so no prob.

>Im taking the D3 because my bloodwork said I was low.
right but taking it orally is a meme.
> Are multis bad now?
they were never good
>Also my recent bloodwork showed I had high cholestoral and I want to get that lowered.
Right, thats the meme. High cholesterol isnt bad. Literally the only thing that matters is triglycerides.

Listen im about to go to the gym to lift, if youre still around when I get back ill redpill the ever living fuck out of you on cholesterol. Also make sure you read/watch all that back shit i posted.

Attached: 1528037117397.jpg (1333x2000, 252K)

>10+ minute mile
how?

So in order to get to DLI, I need to be successfully rebranched into the 48 series (i.e., if I make it to DLI then I'm somewhat guaranteed an FAO job)?

Fat & slow.

Ya if you branch into 48, they automatically send you to DLI. Back when I went all the officers were FAOs of various branches.

just practice running, especially on a track, run the 200m and sprint the turns

shutup fatty.

you're not fucked. 10 minute mile is acceptable for long easy runs, and brigade runs. you want to step it up to about 8 to 7 minutes if you're going Army. Navy has about the same standard, except their run test is only 1.5mi long.

Work on your form. Arms parallel to each other, swing them in time with your legs. Left arm forward, right leg back. Left leg forward, right arm back. Don't hold them in front of you or carry them too tightly from your shoulders. Let them swing, you need your chest loose so you can get some nice deep breaths.

Work on your 400m sprints. Run around a school track as fast as you can, take a :30-1 minute break, then do it again. When you can do a lap in 1:30 you'll be golden. Also don't neglect long slow runs.

and of course stop eating junk food, sodas, and booze. and eat some damn vegetables and fish.

Attached: smugdaphne.png (326x365, 213K)

>shutup fatty.
as in, how is his mile over 10 minutes

They prescribed it to me, so idk if its different than whats sold at the store. I was just taking multis because I used to frequent bb.com when I was younger, and that was all the rage back then. Ya my triglycerides were in the higher range, which is why i am worried.

Ya, im going through the stuff you sent, read the articles, but got to wait until i go home to watch the vids. Please do post that info. Thanks again buddy.

I understood. I'm just saying you're a fatty. Because only a fatty would shame other people for wanting to improve.

>insertbrainletimage

Can bongs join the us military, just curious if you could serve to get US citizenship?

Attached: 1527361213871.jpg (562x600, 39K)

Have to have a green card. But yes, you can.

This is the watch of BCT. I just found my armitron today and it still works after 13 years.

Attached: 6412651_pXNt.jpg (1134x1134, 370K)

Or, you have to be a fat ass to have a 10+ mile. Refer to

I got a marathon watch with a rubber strap in BCT. The strap broke after 2 years of use.

How the fuck did you get a marathon watch in BCT? Are you talking about the plastic cased, small ass ones? I got issued one of those, put it in one of those camo velcro cover watch straps they sell at the PX. I think mine was in DCU lol.

How hard is it to become a SOWT?

Attached: FDB0AEDD-CBA2-4F65-A086-3707F26C6BA3.jpg (2616x3921, 3.86M)

I've got tourettes syndrome, but it's improved to the point that I don't have any verbal ticks as well as anything that would affect my ability to perform in any environment. I'm planning on going into the air force ROTC this fall, and I've been told that it's still a disqualifier that goes to their medical board after I apply and get a physical. At this point, should I consider getting a second diagnosis to prove that tourettes doesn't even affect me anymore?

I tried to reschedule my ASVAB with my recruiter but he is strongly trying to convince me to take it tomorrow. I got a 68 on my AFQT and he is saying that is completely fine. I feel really unprepared in GS and MC and those weren't in the practice test at all. I'm going for 35L and that requires an ST score of 101 which factors in GS/MC. wat do

It's a fucking long pipeline. One of the longest of out all SOF.

>be US
>make a unit of soldiers that just do a bit more of the amphibian landing
>make them their own military unit instead of a division of the navy like any other country in the world

The MC isn't too bad. For GS you should study. Or, if you are very strong in WK, PC, and MK, you could rely on those scores to hit 101.

Hard.

No military for you.

do you know what the top score you can get in ST is?

Is 0311 really all it's cracked up to be?
The idea of it sounds fun, but from what I'm hearing it's actually quite boring.

What are your thoughts?

Attached: 1529816395325.jpg (900x800, 97K)

All because I have a disability that at this point affects my performance in no way shape or form?

Not sure on the highest, but I'd think it'd be in the 140 range. I got a 139 with an overall 99 so I'd imagine that was somewhere close.

Attached: 20180524_171744~3.jpg (2448x3264, 809K)

Would y’all mind elaborating on the specifics? I know they cram meteorology schooling into about a year and I think the whole process takes about two years to complete but that’s about it

just sign an 11x option 40 contract and wash out into the 82nd already

Dude, go to barnes and nobles right now and pick up the for dummys book and study it all day and night. Just cram. If you knew what job you wanted to do, why didnt you study?

To give you some motivation, I cram studied the for dummys book for 2 days before I took the test and went from a 32 practice to a 92 real QT score.

It is a division of the navy.......

Hard, about 54% attrition rate for their selection, but idk for the rest of the pipeline

I am studying that, its showing me how unprepared I am

Pretty much. I can't imagine you getting a waiver for tourettes, unless you can get a second diagnosis saying you never had it in the first place or something. Even then, you would probably be arbitrarily denied. The air force isn't that desperate for officers right now.
I suppose lying is always an option if it's truly not a problem for you anymore, but if it's already on record it's too late for that.

Well, then stop posting and start cramming. Study all you need for GT and ST. Since thats all that fucking matters. FYI you need a decently high GT score for airborne, like 105 or 110 i forget. Unless your east coast, you got like 10 hours to study minimum. Thats alot of hours to use. You got this user.

Even if there's a small chance I'll take it. If I fail, then which branch might be my next best bet? I'm planning on going in to work in a field related to computer software most likely.

Here's what the power of google gave me.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-06-26 at 12.42.30 PM.png (1724x1092, 240K)

Any spec ops weathermen out there? Seems really cool stuff and probably quite a few things available in the civilian world...

>civilian world
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Dude there's only like a little over 150 of them AD at any time. You'd have better finding an 18 series dude or regiment guy or hell even an SMU dude on here over a SWOT.

Refer to

350F here, just had a E5 come in telling me he hasnt paid taxes in the 10 years hes been in the military, and asked if that will be a problem for getting his TS..............

Well, would it be? Jeez, answer the question

based as fuck, fuck the irs