US buys 1,400 Trophy APS units from Israel for $193 million

timesofisrael.com/us-army-inks-193-million-deal-to-buy-israeli-tank-defense-system/

Will the Abrams be unstoppable now?

Attached: RAFAELS-TROPHY-ON-U.S-ABRAMS-2-400x250.jpg (400x250, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

timesofisrael.com/us-army-inks-193-million-deal-to-buy-israeli-tank-defense-system/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quick_Kill
shephardmedia.com/news/landwarfareintl/amid-technical-challenges-us-army-could-shake-aps-/
janes.com/article/75667/raytheon-details-quick-kill-2-0-hard-kill-aps
below-the-turret-ring.blogspot.com/2017/01/hardkill-aps-overview.html
merriam-webster.com/dictionary/effect
military.com/daily-news/2017/10/09/some-abrams-tanks-trophy-system-2020-army.html?ESRC=todayinmil.sm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Export shitloads of free tech to ""Ally""
>""Ally"" sells you back your tech for shitloads of money
only a jew can pull up a move lik this, gg america

The trophy wasn't given to Israel by the US, was domestically developed. Israel can't export US tech under the foreign aid rules anyway

That sounds a bit odd, didnt the US just put money into development of an APS?

For christ sake, contain your autism.

The old GCV program was supposed to have a standard APS but Obama cancelled the whole program

There are other ones being developed, but this is being rushed into service until the domestic version is fielded

Probably just to hold us over until we develop our own desu

>1400 units

That cannot be correct.

It was in the article earlier but now they seemed to have removed it.

Go figure.

1,400 for the US army is probably pretty accurate and is roughly how many M1A2's are in frontline service IIRC

In what way?

If the tech behind Trophy was free gibs like you said it was, how come the US never managed to develope and put their own APS into service?

Dont engage the pol-bot, he will only frustrate you

do you think 3.1 billion annually should be enough to pay for this?

That comes out to be less than 150k per unit. Which is understandable if you know how military procurement works.
The company I work for sells a unit that cost 10k on the civilian market to the military for a little over 40k.
Which kinda irks me because I can make about 12 of it's largest most time consuming components every day and 1 unit sells for 3/4 of my annual salary.

>Israel can't export US tech under the foreign aid rules anyway

They just sell the blueprints to China instead

Almost as if scams aren't practical.

Goy-bot, roll out.

Pretty sure if Israel can target american warships, sink them, murdering her crew, and still defend it years later with zero consequences, then I'm sure they can sell a blueprint of said ship.

What you expect the Jews to give us shit for what it's worth?

for 720 bill we really should have a military at least twice as big

No I'd expect them to sell it to china then sell us a slightly improved one

you mean a friendly fire incident before the US and Israel were even really allies, and for which Israel apologized and compensated for on three separate occasions? k.

Trophy costs more than ~$150k.

It’s was a joint development project, if Israel deployed them first by about 5 years then I think it’s safe to say Israe did all the heavy lifting on the side of “research” while the Americans did the funding. It makes sense that Israel would sell the final product they perfected to the US.
>guy who visited the tank base in Israel where this was created and got a lecture on it by an Israeli tank commander

If we start launching more mine clearing line charge and using the APS the US might stop getting absolutely wrecked by low tech jihad niggers

You are thinking of Turkey perhaps.

how much does it cost?
please account for scale of production

Israel paid ~$300k in 2012.

for how many?

Would you shoot RPGs at your own tanks to test them?

Well I mean, they already shot RPGs at the system and it worked.

Does not really matter if it's on a tank that's cardboard or a real tank.

that's not combat testing though

You are trying to split hairs when Trophy already has combat experience.

>US might stop getting absolutely wrecked by low tech jihad niggers
I'm not sure if we belong to the same realities.

>he doesn’t know about Iraq

It doesn't look like you do.

Trophy is for protecting tanks from missiles. The Iraqis never had enough ATGMs to pose a serious threat to American tanks. Almost all Abrams tanks that were disabled in Iraq were hit by IEDs.

That’s not what I’m talking about. I’m talking about the gun bees and striker columns we sent into places that got weekends by ieds and RPGs both things could’ve been stopped with just simple MCLC and trophy but
>hurrrrrrrrr we are winning so hard attitude
That is present in this thread got tons of people killed needlessly.

Humvees*
Wrecked*
lol gunbees

I repeat myself

I thought we were talking about the Abrams only. The Striker was a stupid idea from the ground up and the US Forces took way too long to properly adopt MRAP-qualified vehicles to replace the useless metal-coffins that are the Humvees.

>prop up little baby country
>they develop innovative military technologies and sell them to you
Seems like a solid deal to me.

Want to guess how I know you are replying to yourself?

Attached: 6361885A-ECE4-4929-B32F-92320AE7386D.jpg (2048x1367, 603K)

Did you build a GUI to backtrace my IP?

well how?
t: other

knowing he made errors but repeating the ones he didn't catch

look at all this Jow Forums shit. god, i wish i didn't come here as much as i do.

>domestically developed.
yeah like China domestically developed AEGIS and PARTRIOT systems after buying the tech from Israel

>Israel can't export US tech under the foreign aid rules anyway
yeah because Israel totally gives a shit about that and has never done this a million times before

How the weather in Tel Aviv Moshe.

The US is developing APS, buying Trophy is just a temporary measure. Keep in mind that 193 million really isn't shit to the USDOD.

What are they going to do?

>Hey, Trophy looks nice. Could we get 1400?
>Sure. Uh.. We could do it as free military aid?
>No, thanks Cohen, but the US doesn't need free military aid from people we send a tonne of free military aid to. Send us an invoice.

Suddenly vatniks will say that APS does not matter

>you mean a friendly fire incident before the US and Israel were even really allies
yes the blatantly obvious false flag trying to destroy a ship of their main ally, political passive enabler and arms supplier since before "Israel" even existed, to drag the U.S. into a war with their enemy and save Jewish lives in exchange for American lives

>and for which Israel apologized and compensated for on three separate occasions
yes for which Israel mockingly essentially said "sorry you fucked up and got BTFO by us" and paid a joke of compensation that amounts to about 0,003% of the U.S. taxes Israel receives in cash not even counting technology transfer and other services paid by U.S. tax payer every year

Nice try Moshe

Fuck off, you don't even live in America. Nobody cares about your worthless opinion.

>political passive enabler and arms supplier
Nope, didn't supply shit during the liberty incident. You are confusing your wars Muhammad.

>to drag the U.S. into a war with their enemy and save Jewish lives in exchange for American lives
So, to you, the Jews bombed an American ship while flying Jewish aircraft in a false flag to drag America into a war they were already throughly winning, to the point of them taking nearly every objective imaginable?

Yep. You are retarded. The worst part is, the absolute worst thing is, the Jews did drag us into a war but you are too stupid to know which one, how, and why.

Fuck off.

>adding to it with your gay opinion

US wasn't Israel's main arms supplier in 1967.

Israel was easily winning the six day war and the idea they were trying to drag them into anything by using French weaponry and immediately confirming to the US of the accident is retarded.

Compensated the US/families with $50 million which more than surpassed the damage to the ship

You just seem like a salty muslim.

Do you have evidence that Israel didn't domestically develop trophy? Present it or fuck off.

150k x 1400 units is $210 million. That's chump change to add a layer of defense to an entire fleet of valuable assets.

As a comparison--thats the budget of one air superiority fighter for the Air Force, if an accurate number.

Do you hear that whooshing sound over your head?

Attached: abrams_trophy_poland5.jpg (960x738, 48K)

Its not that simple. Ray Mcgovern had a good interview with scott horton about it

>str-I-ker
I saw that shit too.

This fucker will never be replaced, at this rate they are just gonna slap on some rcs thrusters and send it to fight ayys on Mars in a century

Yes, and they'll sell it to china

>Its the year 3157
>Be me, PFC in the glorious Earth Colonial Marines
>Crushing rebel scum on Mars
>Behind the grips of my trusted M2 HB
>M1 SEPV17 hover-Abrams takes out a filthy rebel position on the ridge to my left using quantum-hollow charge shells
>Above, a single fusion-powered B-52 drops a payload of nano-bot swarm missiles under the guidance of our AI-enhanced FO.
>Mfw

Israel could sell it to china if they want because it's domestically made

China already has a crappy APS knockoff of that 90s Russian system anyway

>Man points out Israel got away with openly murdering unarmed US citizens
>URRRR A MOOOSLIM

>Americans park a spy ship to spy on Israel
>Israel clearly warned all vessels that they may be fired upon out of suspicion that the Egyptians tried attacking from the sea
>Israel publically apologizes and pays reparations
Wow, they really did get away

>timesofisrael.com/us-army-inks-193-million-deal-to-buy-israeli-tank-defense-system/

fucking awesome, thanks for sharing.

How much you want to bet all the replies you got within minutes of each other may be one sad faggot?

Probably not, says in the article the US is supplied with "countermeasures", so those exist, also, landmines, IED's, multiple missiles at a time..... But its a step up for sure.

How do I know you've been that sad faggot :-)

what would be the point of my last comment then?

what's the blue shit?

Abrams doesn't need it, it's already the best armored tank (when fully upgraded).

But it's nice to have a few more options, hehe.

>this entire thread

Attached: 1525369508743 (1).jpg (1812x750, 174K)

like clockwork m9

yup

Attached: 1526260830659.jpg (849x1600, 252K)

>six hours of air-sea attack from well within visual id range was a honest mistake
>slap on the wrist for an act of war means they didn't get away with it

Attached: b5e480ebaca51743d70be242f0d021b4d4e1988c074267d07203671f0084ef33.jpg (777x777, 55K)

>You just seem like a salty muslim.
like clockwork

>act of war
You imply Israel did it deliberately
Please tell me what possible reason would Israel have for inciting war with a world superpower?

Not him but you burgers are pathetic. Jews take advantage of you, humiliate you and destroy your country and how do you burgers react? By defending jews and asking for more.

Inert charge for training.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quick_Kill
I really don't understand why there's been so much radio silence on quick kill. They already said it was ready to go but that they didn't want to buy it until they needed it and now they are doing this shit with trophy

Because it's not ready to go and its development funding was cut off a while ago.

As it were it looks like Iron Fist and Iron Curtain are on shakey ground due to not being as ready as they were initially presented as. Meaning Trophy or another APS might have a shot at the Bradley or Stryker.

shephardmedia.com/news/landwarfareintl/amid-technical-challenges-us-army-could-shake-aps-/

janes.com/article/75667/raytheon-details-quick-kill-2-0-hard-kill-aps
sounds like no one told raytheon and they kept developing

>hasn't even begun testing

So much for 'ready to go'.

Well no shit small pricked austrian blood it's a new system, 2.0.

Who gives a shit about Raytheon? Plenty of countries make hard kill APS, literally no need to buy some kike shit.

below-the-turret-ring.blogspot.com/2017/01/hardkill-aps-overview.html

>raytheon
>elegant scientific missile that intercepts other missiles
>everyone else
>giant fucking tube and block shaped frag grenades triggered off radar last second
go back to the tank autism discord eurogay

>everyone else
>giant fucking tube and block shaped frag grenades triggered off radar last second
Wrong. You haven't read the link, of course.

>eurogay
Oh the irony.

Attached: irony.jpg (1200x628, 100K)

I'm not rereading gay tangential world of tanks shit I saw forever ago.
Come back when the dunning kruger affect isn't rotting your mind ok, brainlet :^)

>I'm not rereading gay tangential world of tanks shit I saw forever ago.
Has absolutely nothing to do with world of tanks. "Below the turret ring" is a respected armor blog.

>dunning kruger affect isn't rotting your mind ok, brainlet
>dunning kruger affect
>affect
Oh the irony.

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/effect

Attached: american faggots.jpg (885x516, 101K)

Boy you sound mad :^)

>using le emoji trol face

You sure showed them how not mad you are

You sound really upset dude, wtf?

>Has absolutely nothing to do with world of tanks. "Below the turret ring" is a respected armor blog.

>he doesn't know

Amazed actually. Amazed at the complete lack of objective self-evaluation you, like most Americans, exhibit. Normal people (read: non Americans) don't go around calling others brainlets when they haven't mastered basic orthography, nor do they call others gay when their own country is ground zero for faggotry in the first place.

And then you wonder why the rest of the world laughs at you and your legendary stupidity.

Attached: faggot military.jpg (2700x3600, 2.68M)

>donate hundreds of billions to Israel
>Israel sells you back tech for hundreds of millions

You sound like a total fag, dude.

This.

Nah, I'm straight. Not sure about your president though nor about American males (90% of which uptalk like girls).

Attached: faggot president.jpg (1200x800, 107K)

>1,400
They removed it because it's bullshit. The only number we have is "over 80" from the earlier aquisition statement
military.com/daily-news/2017/10/09/some-abrams-tanks-trophy-system-2020-army.html?ESRC=todayinmil.sm
realistically, the actual number is 100 at $500k/unit. it is a large factor in these APS systems that they raise the overall value of the AFV which hardly is used in warfare and will be destroyed in hypothetical engagements no matter it's protection.
i also believe that israel is lieing about its capabilities especially concerning the interception of hamas kornet missiles.