/BRG/

Battle Rifle General Chadle Rifle edition. Share pictures, info, and ask questions. Old thread

Attached: 1529905812878m.jpg (1024x434, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ralJBWJ7O_o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Shameless self bump.

Attached: 20180623_234836.jpg (4032x1960, 3.03M)

Another bump, because I guess people don't reply to these threads.

Attached: 20180607_121559.jpg (4032x1364, 3.59M)

Are the sa58 worth their cost?

>previous thread died at 170 posts
>boy this board really needs another general!
>why is nobody responding
Fuck off unless you have something to talk about, somebody will make a thread when they have something to make a thread about rather than reposts of pictures of other people's guns.

The AKM is the greatest battle device ever created, fuck off with this shit.

You fucking suck and I hope you get fuckin Lou Gehrig's disease you faggot.
Ummmmm if you were born in Africa or Eastern Europe. Unless you weren't, you're wrong.

To be honest with you sorta. The older ones are the shit. But even then it's a FAL, so is it worth it to you?

I'm a American, but I have a brain. The only reason anyone here ever claims AR-15's/M16's are superior to any AK is because of cold war propaganda. AK's are objectively better, more rugged rifles.

Well, thanks for using my OC. Still not satisfied with the text though.

As somebody who owns a few ar's I can tell you that they have they have they both have flaws as do all firearms. M16s were made for professional soldiers and AK's for conscripts. I think at the end of the day they both balance each other out. But what do I know? I'm posting here on a Tibetan glacier skating forum. The real question is FAL vs G3? After all, this is /BRG/ caps are necessary because of the stoppin powuh, well that and I'm drunk.

Sup user, I was the dude from the last thread talking to you about revamping it, I think it works. If not V4 it man.

I feel like the battle rifle side could use some more sarcastic overtones and an up-sizing of the title text. The 'cheap mass produced trash' line could also be phrased in a more humorous way. Well anyway like I said, I'll keep on it.

>The real question is FAL vs G3?
We've talked about this a million times already. Honestly with the threads just lingering a couple days with people just bumping it instead of actually coming up with anything new to talk about and dying well before the bump limit, it's really just better to leave it dead for a while.

Just ordered a surplus cetme kit for my PTR. Dat wood

>The real question is FAL vs G3?
Why not both? They're both sexy cold war battle rifles that deserve love and admiration.

Well if you feel you need to put more work into it, do it and post it. It would be great to laugh at shit more.
Is it though? Just like AK vs AR arguments or what is the best bullpup? We have to have some sort of rivalry to stir some banter.
WUD IZ GUD I wish somebody made wide wood handguard with the bipod slot. It would be pure sex. But strange pure sex like wood ar furniture.
I have derivatives of both and I will day G3. I wanna by a JRA M14 next, or build an AR10 but not sure yet. An RFB would be cool too. Scar not so sure on. 3k for something I think is great but not be my favorite to shoot I think kinda sucks.

True. The only thing I regret now about my ptr is buying the first one I saw, which has a 16” barrel. And I can’t put a bayonet on it because of it.

Are bayonets that important though? How does the rifle handle? I haven't been behind a 16 inch PTR and would like to. That or one of the pistols.

come to think of it I'll probably go with your original suggestion and axe the SCAR for an original AR-10. The cold war line doesn't make much sense as-is. Just hope I can find a good angle for it.

I think scars are great guns, but compared to all everything else, they don't have the character and charm. Just another bland super gun from the 2000's. I like my AR's that way, but not muh batul raifus. Real fucking NATO was best between 1955-1975 everything else is meh. (Hakim bros and M76 bros this doesn't apply)

I have both, it really depends what is most important to you - so what's most important to you in a rifle?

Friend is trying to decide between FAL and SCAR.
Im trying to convince him to get FAL because duh, but also as a counterpart to my PTR.
What FAL should he get? I'm thinking DSA voyager cause he's poor but I think he wants more of a para style. But the DSA with the folding stock is so much more monies. What's cheapest way to have para FAL?

Here is one. Battle Rifle and LMG

Attached: 1920px-M77B1.jpg (1920x998, 532K)

What difference is there between Ian’s Spuhr buffer tube + buttstock and a generic buffer tube adapter?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ralJBWJ7O_o

In my opinion yes. But I like sticking things and the aesthetic more than slightly more mobility and such. It’s louder than a full size barrel, recoil isn’t much different. Really the pros and cons of both are 6 one and half a dozen another.

Attached: 125BFE38-7A67-49D3-92C1-15DD11BE36C5.jpg (2406x3199, 3.22M)

DSArms good or no?

Almost done with the Crazy Horse/M21A5 forgery.
Just need the 18” SEI DMR profile barrel which Ill get once I burn this one out. Waiting on bipod and scope to come in.

I may say fuck the forgery and throw it in a Vltor stock once Ive got the main shit done. Still undecided on that.

Attached: 54AD5F31-4FF2-421D-A41C-D862494C924E.jpg (3882x1291, 676K)

Best Chadle rifle for the ammo price?
I need to know as well

>Best Chadle rifle for the ammo price?
Well steel case and surplus will be your best priced .308
So, PTR, cause it's eats anything.

Most chaddle rifles are 7.62x51 so all ammo costs the same? Unless you want something without a fluted chamber so you can shoot $.30 steel case all day. In which case FAL or M14/M1A and use Wolf. Tula kabooms in .308.

Otherwise malaysian 147gr surplus brass is less than $.35-.40/round right now. And commercial M80 is around $.50-.70

r8 m8s

Attached: battlerifles.jpg (4018x2028, 1.35M)

Best first battle rifle for someone (relatively) new to firearms? I've used .308 bolt actions and the like but never anything semi-auto.

PTR is cheapest and thus easiest to get into. M14 probably has easiest full disassembly/reassembly

Can you tell me the specs of the one in the middle?

Century R1A1

Just bought a PTR 91 GI myself. Very good for the budget-minded. Can't wait to get home from deployment to go shoot it.

Could have some text about 5.56 being designed to "wound" or how .308 was used to kill communists and big game.

Do you like it? Idk if I trust century's reputation, but I am open to it if it's made well.

It's not mine, I just know what it is. Like all Cenutry guns, it can range from perfectly fine to absolute trash. You have a much better chance of it being good if you get one without a US made receiver.

Attached: Century Receivers.jpg (640x1376, 107K)

I like it alot, it was worked on by ARS to get it all nice and pretty.
The reciever for my gun is actually made by Caspian. They did a small run of recievers for Century

Huh, interesting. Now that you say that, I see the differences in the receiver cut. Glad it's worked for you.

I got an american made Century receiver. It's at the gunsmith now with them seeing what they can do. Outlook bad.

Attached: 1503203591993.png (198x328, 150K)

What’s a decent cheap optic for a PTR 91 with a claw mount?

Attached: B261493A-5ED9-4FF8-8A0A-C9DF832225D8.jpg (2048x1536, 1.21M)

Huh.
Would anyone be able to tell me if it would be better to buy FAL parts or to just buy and already built one and go from there. I know nothing about the making of FAL and it's cousins, so if it's easy to fuck up...

>Boomer Rifle General

Attached: 1528873977751.png (380x349, 77K)

I too am a 20 year old boomer, how are you?

They pretty good, picked up a 21" Voyager from them, it takes a little bit to break them in (they won't cycle properly the first 100 rounds) but I've put 2000 through mine so far and it holds up pretty well.

Attached: 1529365935760m.jpg (724x1024, 173K)

You could buy it and pay somebody to build it for you. Assembling them is tough, you just need the tooling to do it. Unless you have the expertise to build it and are comfortable with it, your beat bet is to just buy a complete rifle or pay somebody to build it for you.
I would go with a cheaper low magnification scope. Like leupold, Redfield, Nikon, or Vortex.

*isn't tough

Do you know if it takes well to swapping parts, or do they put it together too stiff?

Does DSA make good ones or should I stay clear?

I would say pretty stiff. It is easy taking g things like handguard, stock and to do basic field strip but if you want to be changing barrels, gas tube, or recerver bits (like upgrade to a Paragraph model) you would need more then a weekend to do it by yourself

Attached: IMG_20180601_075559.jpg (5248x2150, 2.97M)

DSAs are fine, you just need to keep in mind that the Voyager series sacrifices a few elements for the sake of saving money.

They do make a good product, old DSA was way better. But nowadays they get alot of shit for cast recievers, but they work. The newest voyagers are cheap and work, they also now have a carry handle cut. They do have that garbage rear site though. I fuckin hate that thing.

Could you elaborate on what features they leave out? I couldn't really tell from their website.

No carry handle or bipod cut, a few missing lightening cuts on the receiver, and a fixed rear sight from what I've heard. They're not unworkable, but I felt it was enough to make it worth the extra ~500 to ensure I could have all the features.

Attached: FAL on table.jpg (4032x3024, 1.59M)

Garbage rear sight, no carry handle, they do have the carry handle cut now, non bipod cut barrel, Type 3 reciever instead of Type 1 or 2 that look better.

Ah, okay.

Oh. Yeah I'd definitely want to pay the extra for the handle and the receivers like you guys mentioned. I imagine the overall quality would be better too, because I would have an interest in some part swapping.

Attached: stalker.jpg (480x480, 37K)

Its worth it in the long run, keep in mind that there aren't alot of Gucci fal parts like there is for an AR10 or M14.

Getting a fal, I already got the lower. It's a mismash of parts. What kind of stock is this? It seems like a kind of pebble finish?

Bls help.

Attached: 20180627_194609.jpg (2560x1440, 1.43M)

Yeah, true.

That looks exactly like the M14 from Far Cry 5.

Checking in with the daddy battle rifle

Attached: Snapchat-983524799.jpg (720x1483, 212K)

looks like stg.58 stock but painted

>bolt action
Sorry man, disqualified. Semi-automatics only.

What happened?

Brownells posted a pic of the re-designed FSB for the BRN-10 a while ago.

Any thoughts, fellow /brg/ers?

Attached: 189467546189.jpg (2048x1536, 700K)

Lol what? Ptr you pull 2 pins and the stocks off pull out the grip and then pull back the bolt and its all apart

Should’ve gone with steel imo. But seems like a good recreation

They are planning on making a .308 Bren, right?

>be me
>already spent this month's gun budget on ammo and new pistol
>go on gun broker
>see argentinean FN FAL
>1000 dollarsish
GOD DAMNIT I WANT AN FN FAL SO BAD

Does anyone know the name of that word HK sight for the hk91 that looks like a laser pointer?

Probably an Armson OEG.

Are you talking about an ocluded eye sight?

Attached: 1529900479223.jpg (671x503, 163K)

By eats anything you mean the quality of ammo?

Yeah PTR's will reliably cycle pretty much anything. Steel cased, brass cased, dick cased, whatever 308 you can load in the mag the PTR will use.

Attached: woody.jpg (671x503, 169K)

Good to know. Thank you for your help

No problem man

M14 you pull the grigger guard open and it all literally falls apart. Aside from the gas plug which you just unthread.

I didnt play but thanks I guess.

Attached: 8E39028F-DAE9-4D3E-9818-DE9FE2883BC4.jpg (4032x1223, 827K)

>no .308 waffle mags
REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Huh. Well I stand corrected.

>Aside from the gas plug which you just unthread.
Well that makes it more complicated then, given that the PTR doesnt have a gas system.

Yeah its really neat. In my opinion a worthwhile tradeoff for the shitty front ferrule method of attachment to the stock. Just yank the trigger group out and the whole barreled action falls out of the stock, theres a captive pin holding the oprod spring guide and spring in, you just slide the pin over and take the guide out, could probably turn the rifle upside down and shake the bolt and oprod out at this point (not that itd be a good idea) Just leaves the gas cylinder and piston, which is just a matter of unscrewing the gas plug and then letting the piston fall out.

Still sounds like the PTR is easier to disassemble. 2 pins out and off comes the stock, pull the pistol grip down and there’s the lower, pull the cocker knob back and there’s everything inside

I pretty much only do any of that every couple thousand rounds or more though. Usually just clean the barrel, clear the primer sealant off the boltface and pick out the brass from under the extractor.

Sounds about the same ignoring the gas piston.

Okay I recently bought a cetme parts kit. Ran into some problems.
1. How to tell between an imported cetme and century c308
2. The trigger pack is stuck with the hammer down for some reason. Neither firing position will release the hammer.

Looking for a more optimal scope for my PTR-91. This is a vortex crossfire 3-9x40.

My issue is that the eye relief is long, so to have the scope in a position that it won’t interfere with the charging handle, I have to have my cheek all the way back on the riser pad. Once I can look down the scope, it is actually quite good for my needs. Was pounding a 4” reactive target cube at 200 yards on every shot, and that’s good enough for a non precision rifle shooting Malaysian surplus

Attached: 37956D17-2FE7-4D0C-9D8C-FCB709385B2C.jpg (4032x3024, 3.85M)

Itd seem to me youd just look up similar scopes with shorter eye relief or a different objective size/tube length, could also try higher rings if its not too obnoxious for cheek weld and balance. Not sure what your preffered mangification range or budget is but Id think youd have less clearance issues with any of those sub 30mm objective 1-4,1-6,1-8 types. I know the Trijicon Accupoint has a pretty nice eyebox, the accupowers cheaper and has better reticles but requires batteries. Ive been considering the NX8 myself as Id prefer the ability to dial in a precise shot if I want and am less focused on both eyes open and wide eyebox for CQC.

Well yeah, but I’m just wondering if anyone has used a particular optic with success and would reccomend it. I’m using this one because I got a good deal from a friend.

I actually quite like the 3-9, as I don’t see a need for a 1x option on a 308, and past 9x seems like it’d be pushing the limits of a PTR with surplus ammo. I don’t know scopes ver well at all, and the PTR isn’t exactly the easiest gun to add one to

Agree with you pretty much. The 1x is nice to have especially if youre running a shorter barreled battle rifle. But I agree the 3-9 or 2.5-10 range is probably better suited. Saving up for an NXS 2.5-10x42 right now. What may work great for you would be the Mil/LE version of this scope. Its hard to find because its a government only model, but they are around, the NXS 2.5-10x24. I seem them on Snipershide for around 1200-1500 used. Basically the same scope but taking up the space of a compact 1-6. You lose a lot of exit pupil though compared to the x32 or x42 versions. Apologize if everything Ive mentioned is way outside your budget.

Cont. check out the SWFA SS line or Vortex PST 2.5-10.
Probably worth a look and prices are much more agreeable. Not sure how it goes with a PTR. But with FAL and M14s they kill scopes. The additional recoil and vibration from the piston and bolt slamming back and forth knocks the internals around pretty good, so avoid real cheap shit or most hunting oriented stuff unless its got a lifetime warranty. Leupolds die fairly frequently to this unless you go with the Mk4 or better, basically their military/tactical line. But its had a lot of QC issues as of recent so Id avoid even those personally.

pretty/10

I have a Primary Arms 1-6 ACSS
It works great. Doesnt interfere with the charging handle, I can still HK slap. No issues in the couple hundred rounds ive shot with the scope on it so far.
Havent had a chance to shoot it as much as Id like.

CDNN Has G3 Aluminum Mags for $3.00 each. Just throwing that out there.