Philippine American War

Does Jow Forums know about the time when America went full on Imperial and Water Cured Thousand of Civvies?Cause i for one is Interested in knowing about it.

Attached: Filipino_casualties_on_the_first_day_of_war.jpg (2944x2370, 853K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_weapons_of_the_Philippine_revolution#Filipino_Revolutionaries_equipments
scribd.com/document/119424027/Jungle-Patrol-by-Vic-Hurley
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

USA BTFO'd Spain so hard in Cuba and Philippines during the Spanish-American war, that it killed the Spanish empire. Spain gave the US the Philippines after the war and the Philippines started their own independence revolt against the americans now and that was the Philippine-American war basically. America killed a lot of them as expected, recognized them as independent, then left. Later Japan took over the Philippines in WW2 and the US liberated them from the Japanese as well.

They boomerang'd their Bad Reputation In the Region after Freeing them from the Japs,But Im Curios About the Equipment of the Flip Soldiers The Infantry what Weapons they did Use?

Spanish Mausers, Remington Rolling Blocks and Murata rifles they bought from the Japanese
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_weapons_of_the_Philippine_revolution#Filipino_Revolutionaries_equipments

Here's a list of random things I remember off the top of my head:
>The rebels were constantly short on guns and ammo and often tried to make to with machetes and spears.
>Douglas MacArthur's father, Arthur MacArthur (yes, that was his real God damn name) commanded a division and was appointed military governor of the Philippines after the war. That was part the reason Dugout Doug was so obsessed with retaking it in WWII.
>The American counter-insurgency included a lot of tactics also used in the Vietnam War, such as relocating civilians in dangerous areas and building schools, hospitals and roads to win hearts and minds.
>The Army recruited troves of native scouts, who went on to form the basis of the Philippine military.
>The Americans suffered from poor morale since most of them were raised from state militias, and many of them had their enlistments extended against their will.
Basically it was a lot like Vietnam, only the enemy didn't get much help.

Why Do You Type Like Some Kind Of Retard

>to win hearts and minds
Hahaha!
Being a delusional gullible fuck is quintessentially American.

Double so since the entire war started with the test run of the NVA torpedo boat/Kuwaiti incubator/Iraqi WMD/Kosovo genocide/etc. excuse hoax.

Attached: Pyro 298-198 Maine.jpg (800x247, 60K)

You may be retarded, but you have a point in that the ulterior motive was to improve the infrastructure and by extension facilitate logistics. You can't deny that it worked either way.

Many in the Philippines wanted to become a US state, the civilians that were killed were predominantly Muslims being terrorists.

Well that's a shame, I don't know why we didn't let them in.

>water curing
They learned water curing from the Filipinos (Filipinos learned it from the Spaniards).

He is retarded, that being said the Philippine-American War is one of those things I’m amazed the US got away with.

Methinks United States of America and Southeast Asia was too much of a mouthful.

>I don't know why we didn't let them in.
Same reason people shot down any serious chance of letting Cuba in; they didn't want to give brown people the vote.

I think it's more that they didn't want non-english speakers to vote.

Which is weird because you can probably get your shit done in the Philippines without speaking Tagalog.

As for OP, currently scrolling through my phone pics for some pics in Fort Benning's Infantry Museum. I went there when I was in OCS and felt really weird because I am an Officer for the Army that BTFO'd of my people. But yeah it was some cool shit, it showed the actual weapons, they had like a mini canon in there, bunch of knives etc.

>my own people
>American
Go be with your people then, rice-nigger

It was a different time. Wholesale slaughter of natives was the norm. Just look at the gangraping China got.

>America killed a lot of them as expected, recognized them as independent, then left. Later Japan took over the Philippines in WW2 and the US liberated them from the Japanese as well.

Your timeline is a little off but not wholly wrong. IIRC FDR was working on legislation to turn the Phillipines into a commonwealth-type state like the Canada-UK relationship before full independence, but then everything changed when the Sushi Nation attacked. During this period, most of the Phillipine insurrection was quelled, but there was a big muslim population on one of the smaller islands that was still trying to attack the US.

To this day, the current Filipino government is *still* fighting those Muslims on Mindanao.

Attached: 1503808292791.jpg (351x329, 16K)

>be me, not that guy
>Vietnamese
>be in the Marines that tried to BTFO the commie cocksuckers that put my grandpa and his brothers in a fucking gulag for being part of the Phoenix Project
>couldn't be prouder

FYI the Phoenix Project is remembered as an atrocity by the American left but the Viet Cong diaries that have been recovered all say it was putting a massive strain on their operation. It was one of the best moves of the Vietnam war, and leftists who get butthurt about it are retarded because all the atrocities committed were committed by Vietnamese troops operating on US intel, not the other way around like the revisionists claim.

Attached: vietnamball.png (704x608, 224K)

Read
scribd.com/document/119424027/Jungle-Patrol-by-Vic-Hurley

Jesus. Fucking Muzzies always have to have a hand in making shit as hard as possible don't they?