What's your opinion on kel-tec firearms? Are they really as unreliable as people say?

What's your opinion on kel-tec firearms? Are they really as unreliable as people say?

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (3000x2000, 409K)

If they milled or stamped out a SU-16 I would buy one.

Attached: 47jvwo2.jpg (1024x682, 63K)

Their little .380, 9mm ect pistols are okay. Sub 2ks are alright, I own one. Everything else is meme tier or trash

Unironically one of my favorite gun manufacturers only because their pt 3.14 little pistols like the PA3T. It's small, ugly in a cute way, and stupidly simple.

I like the keltec p11 I found at a pawn shop. No issues
I do like how they make interesting things as opposed to churning out a bunch of ar15s

their rifles are tip-top magoo
my RDB is one of the only rifles that I would never under any circumstances part with
really nice people too

I'm guessing you dont know about their bullpups. Keltec has always been sorta meh, some ideas worked, some didn't. None of them were astounding. Then the puppers came around and those are absolute top-tier bullpups

They're fine, and the only innovators in the American market today.

Attached: 20180323_095228.jpg (2710x1735, 3.43M)

their rifles are good, everything else is meh

They found a niche and they fill it well. Really nice gimmick guns but I wish the CMR didn't have mag problems because I'd SBR one in half a heartbeat if I knew it'd run.

>incentive to innovate = not selling normal models

The KSG seems to be pretty popular with Jow Forums.

Keltec's Shotgun has been proven to be affective against Robots.... /r9k can attest.

I had a few SUB-2000s. I liked them, worked fine, they just didn't seem like they'd last very long even with light shooting.

Oh shit I thought this guy was just meme'ing
>IMPORTANT SUB-2000 SAFETY RECALL NOTICE

>We have recently identified an issue with the heat treatment of certain steel tubes received from a third-party supplier from which the barrels for a limited number of Gen 2 SUB-2000 rifles were manufactured. This could potentially cause the barrel to rupture when a cartridge is fired and could result in serious personal injury. The safety of our customers is our primary concern, so Kel-Tec has voluntarily initiated this recall because of the possibility of a barrel rupturing.

>This recall only affects a portion of Gen 2 SUB-2000s that were manufactured in 2017. Gen 1 SUB-2000s are not affected.

so is your mom

Just looking at their website for the first time in a few years after buying one of their pistols. Never heard of the THE CMR-30 before. Pretty cool they're actually making a few PCC. Had no idea the sub2000 came in different models that can take magazines from specific other models. Pretty clever.

Fuck that's ugly

The pmr-30 is sick for what it can do.
I'm told their sub compacts are decent, but I'll stick with my glock 26
As others have said, their bullpups and the s2000 gen 2 are where the real money is. Those are quality. Bullpups are a meme to me, because I just cant do mag changes fast with them. But kel tec is a decent company all around. Wouldnt hesitate to buy one.

>those are absolute top-tier bullpups
you are fucking retarded/haven't owned one LOL

Was it that one that blew a guy's hand off, or a defective KSG?

Never buy 1st Gen Kel-Tec. Once they get their stuff working though, it tends to be pretty interesting products, at a low price point, that work really well.

Attached: ksg operations.png (1960x1028, 2.27M)

Guy lost his hand by adding a airsoft tier vert grip and broke it after trying to mag dump

Heard about that. The dude put an Airsoft grip on his KSG pump. He was rapid firing it, grip broke his hand went in front of the muzzle and he pulled the trigger.

Some days, being corrected can be fun. What a dumbass.

>mfw I see a Kel-Tec

Attached: trayvon.jpg (400x400, 42K)

The keltec p-11,.32,.380 are nice,simple,and reliable(surprisingly) they can be had $250 I own the p-11 its neat.
Anything else pmr-30 feels like a Airsoft gun no joke,the KSG feels cheap the action is a bit rough,and recently they had a recall on their sub-2000 carbines with the barrels blowing up again I'm not joking,but thier making it right and replacing it for free even if it hasn't an hero in your hands yet.

Kel-Tec is Defintley a slept on brand.
Thier ideas and designs for guns are innovative but thier execution never come out clean,but they do work like any other gun.

Attached: images.jpg (342x147, 5K)

My smallest carry gun is a Keltec PF9. I had to send the slide to KT at about 500 rounds because it had developed a hairline crack above the slide locking notch. They sent me a brand new slide for free. Other than that it's been fine. No issues with FTF or FTE.

Attached: CC.jpg (3013x2133, 1.59M)

They don't work like any other gun. Some of their guns come with parts that are fucking spotty and I'm freaking out a little bit their store is closed and they're only taking orders over the phone. It's honestly probably a lot easier to talk with them over the phone and get the stuff I need but it makes it seem less available.

The KSG is cool. Kind of niche, but still cool. It's short and fits a lot of shells, that's valuable to someone.
>ibn4 the story of the two tards who put an ProMag VFG on it and shot their hands to pieces

The RDB seems almost like a bullpup FAL, so that's kind of cool I guess.

Honestly, what the SU16 line needs is just a recoil buffer of some sort, either a small pneumatic one, or just a thick gelatinous/fibrous pad in the ass end of the receiver, something for the bolt to hit against and absorb shock, so it doesn't batter the plastic body.

The idea of them is to be light and cheap, but I don't think this change would make them really much less light or cheap, they'd certainly be much more reliable and useful.

It was actually his defective judgment. Also another guy did the same thing.
>Kel-Tec *literally* states that the rail on the pump-slide will only properly support *some* grips, and names specific MagPul brand VFGs and AFGs as safe
>Gunna go with muh trusty ProMag grip, hyukhyukhyukhyuk BOOM AAAAAAHHH!!! MUH HAND

I kind of wanna buy a PMR 30 so I could show it off to nogunz friends and be like "Yeah, it's a nice shooting tactical pistol, you probably haven't heard of it."
But Jow Forums would know.
Jow Forums always knows.

It sounds like you should probably have a few friends go to town and gang bang your wife while you masturbate and photograph it, then post it on /b/ then come back and post some photos of that gun with your new trap gf because you were gay all along and were just using your wife as a surrogate for yourself pleasuring all those guys.

Goddammit, I should've known. Let this be a lesson to all who wish to buy the PMR 30, you have no friends.

I'd also rather un-ironically buy a PMR 30 than go on /b/

They're a lot of fun and interesting even if they aren't the most reliable or durable.

Attached: YBoSOqr.jpg (4032x2268, 1.73M)

If you don't go on /b/ where else are you going to find pictures of the guy your gf left you for

Attached: 1522730230229.gif (400x220, 1.29M)

I have a few of their guns, sub2000 pmr30, ksg, rdb, and while I like them, their innovative, I've shot the hell out of them.
Hell, I think I've started the long and scythian task of de-fudd my grandfather when I took him shooting the pmr30, hell he wants one now and he has only ever had wheel guns in his 89 years. I don't feel they have enough durability, adding some more ribbing and webs in the molds, if they added a few small stampings or aluminum or steel overmolded plate or inserts, I would have nothing bad to say about them
I would love them and they would be my go to guns. But they dont have those changes. I've machined parts for mine, Hell I'm making a aluminum version of the sub2000, since I have my cnc. I've keltec won't make the changes to make their weapons from simply above ok to awesome I guess I will.

Oh, I want one of those.

dammit not again.

Attached: 1529942196800.jpg (540x960, 64K)

Kel Tec will never be adopted by a military, but damn, they try to build the funnest guns they can.

Attached: 1512604416316.jpg (4928x3280, 1.34M)

Attached: 1512618885146.jpg (2988x5312, 1.65M)

Attached: 104868-1437604983.jpg (1024x768, 766K)