Why striker fired no safety?

why do people consider striker fired guns safe to carry with no safety, when single action guns are always carried condition 1? how does the trigger safety do anything (other than maybe drop safe). you hear about holsters snagging striker fired triggers all the time. I dont get it.

Attached: 1511111330153.jpg (600x800, 53K)

Don't put your finger on the trigger unless ready to shoot, don't buy a cheap ass holster that can cause a ND.

It bewilders me too. Call me a bitch if you want, but I like a safety on my striker guns. It's a very minimal thing to train around.

Single-action guns, when cocked, already have all the energy stored that they need to fire -- the trigger only releases it.

Conventional striker fired guns like the Glock don't have enough energy in the striker at rest to fire if the sear suddenly disintegrated or let go -- they require substantial additional energy input through the trigger, compressing the striker spring before releasing it.
Though they do start with some energy stored (whereas double-action starts with zero energy), it was close enough that people treated them like DAs, which are considered to not need safeties. (And honestly, that was probably a decent call with the original factory trigger -- less so with 3-pound triggers people like to put in them.)

Some striker guns (e.g. HS2000/XD) have the striker fully cocked at rest, and the trigger pull only needs to release it. These are literally single-action striker guns, which is why they tend to have nicer triggers than the "kinda-sorta-double-action" Glocks.
But because we've come to accept striker=DA with Glocks, and these are also striker guns, we've come to pretend these single-action strikers are DA, even though a brief look at the internals shows that's bullshit.

/thread

Honestly, I tend to view my Glawknade as being akin to a DA revolver from a safety standpoint.

but a glock trigger is still half the weight and a fraction of the distance of a typical da pull. and what about all the other striker guns with lighter, shorter triggers than that? ppq, p10c, vp9, etc.

I was looking at getting a ppq q5 but that might as well be a SA trigger and with no safety? Why? am I the only one here you doesnt get this?

Attached: 1505961872514.png (600x600, 45K)

>but a glock trigger is still half the weight and a fraction of the distance of a typical da pull.

I don't know what to tell you, bro. It's definitely not nearly as touchy as a single action, and personally, I feel perfectly comfortable carrying and handling my G19.

>and what about all the other striker guns with lighter, shorter triggers than that? ppq, p10c, vp9, etc.

>I was looking at getting a ppq q5 but that might as well be a SA trigger and with no safety? Why? am I the only one here you doesnt get this?

I can't speak to that. Everything I've personally owned (or even handled) has been either DA/SA or Glawknades. I will say that I wouldn't carry an SAO, even with a safety, but *especially* without one.

Attached: This is my safety.jpg (960x640, 63K)

Glocks have werid anti snag triggers + good holsters.

If you honestly train right. 100% of the time, your finger automatically stays out of the trigger / trigger guard when drawing or aiming.

I never felt too unsafe holstering my G19 or G26 in the past; I just did a tactile check that the holster was clear before it went in. But now, with SCD's on both of my guns, whatever concern I still had about it is completely gone. Glock with SCD is the perfect carry gun IMO

Attached: 20171105_145510-2993x3991.jpg (2993x3991, 1.37M)

Not actually OP obviously. I didn't notice the name was still in the form

With the modern obsession with trigger discipline and rigid Kydex holsters, even the touchiest trigger would be reasonably safe to carry as long as it was drop/bump safe like a Glock. That said, striker fired guns are obviously the least safe compared to manual safety or double action guns, people are just willing to make that tradeoff. Every person who carries a Glock believes that they're a sensible expert who would never do something as dumb as an ND even under stress, whether that's true or not.

N-nani? Nani?

Attached: 1529952350864.jpg (700x700, 239K)

Dude most people are fucking stupid.

They have this fantasy that they're going to get in a gunfight and the 0.01 seconds is going to matter, when in reality they're like 50x more likely to shoot themselves in the leg or otherwise ND into something than ever get into a gunfight.

This

>I tend to view my Glawknade as being akin to a DA revolver
Did you install a 9.5 pound trigger?

Glock marketing nonsense.

Attached: glock cock.webm (640x352, 1.51M)

Not him (t. ) but:
Glock is less than honest about their trigger pulls; the published 5.5 pounds with a standard connector is measured closer to the tip; the extra leverage yields a lower reading compared to the industry standard measurement in the center of the trigger bow. The actual trigger pull, as everyone else measures it, is typically 6-7 pounds from the factory. And with the "8-pound" + connector, which some police departments insist on, and some individuals choose, it's getting pretty close to 9.5 pounds. (My G17 has a + connector, as I decidedly prefer the relatively crisp two-stage feel over the mushy "rolling break" of the standard or - connectors, and don't really mind the extra weight. Yes, I'm well aware my preference is the minority.)
Now the Glock, with or without a + connector, certainly has a shorter pull, and less weight for most of the pull, so I'm still not saying it's the same thing as a double-action.
Also, some people like their revolvers lighter than 9.5 pounds; as long as you use ammo with soft primers, a 7 or 8 pound DA pull can be completely reliable.

explain.

It is an SA trigger. A lot of people wouldn't have a problem with a hammer fired SA gun in a good holster with the safety off.

Gun shot his dick when he leaned forward. Must have been a... Low-point.

and any modern hammer fired gun has a firing pin safety so unless the trigger is pulled it doesnt go off

wow appendix is bad? who knew

More like his undershirt snagged the trigger.

Being retarded more like

Your holster should provide rigid cover over the trigger, if it doesn't it's a shit holster. Judging from glawkleg videos posted on Jow Forums plenty of them seem to occur when holstering the weapon which is a signal of being a fucking retard, you should never be in a hurry to holster your gun

it looked like a leather holster. he threw it out after he threw the gun out. the edge of the soft leather holster prob caught on the trigger and when he leaned forward it pushed the gun into the holster with the holster caught on the trigger.
This is why if you ever carry iwb or apendix have a metal reenforced lip with leather or use kydex

It was a kydex holster actually

I'm a bit confused because in the full vid, you can see him holster the gun and just toss his shirt over it, he doesn't tuck it in or anything, so I doubt there was something stuck in the holster.

alot of (((dumb))) people