Prepping

Are you a prepper, Jow Forums?

Few years ago, during the O years, I was prepping but then I stopped. With all the talk of an upcoming civil war, I'm thinking about replenishing my supplies.

What are the best things to stock up on? Water? Guns? Ammo?

Attached: 1520089937986.jpg (606x351, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dinsakerhet.se/kris-och-krig/broschyren-om-krisen-eller-kriget-kommer/english-engelska/
organicfacts.net/health-benefits/beverage/health-benefits-of-black-tea.html
youtube.com/watch?v=m6U9T3R3EQg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Get as much barter stuff as you can.
Lighters, cigarettes, alcohol, and toilet paper will become gold.

>Few years ago, during the O years, I was prepping but then I stopped.
No you weren't.

I live roughly 250 km from Russia. Here its not called beeing a prepper, its called beeing a normal citizen.

Huh, never thought Satan lived in Ukraine.
Anyways OP, also stock up on survival/outdoors guides. Knowledge is also very valuable.

>No you weren't.
I did. I bought a generator, bought a cottage, bought some dehydrated food, bought some ammo but didn't take it to the next level: living every day as a prepper.

ammo for your pistol and rifle 10k each. then common ammo for bartering, seeds for gardens, vodka for versatility and buckets with lids, lots of buckets.

Attached: canned bread.jpg (1600x1067, 237K)

Not in Ukraine tho, but another nation with the same colors on our flag.

you'll feel like an idiot if you forget to pack deenz in your shelter while you watch the world burn

Attached: assorted deenz.jpg (640x703, 638K)

>ammo for bartering
No, just NO!!! Never trade you ammo because it can be used to kill you or your family.
During SHTF, ammo & weapons are things you don't trade.

obviously you don't want to skip the tinned chicken when stockpiling your spam cans of 7.62

Attached: canned whole chicken.jpg (315x500, 79K)

I have a small stock of non-perishable food and water, plus 3 guns, plus I live in a liberal northeastern state. I'm far more prepared than most of my peers.

Buuutttt I'm in the National Guard so I'll get called up during a happening anyway.

Attached: 1525367832588.jpg (640x720, 136K)

>I bought a generator, bought a cottage
Now we know you really didn't.

Attached: 1494829364405.jpg (236x236, 16K)

I believe there are different kind of preppers
The isolationists and the community based
I'm more of a community leader based prepper where I help control and keep a community going. I'm packing a few thousand rounds, several bolt cutters, several guns, several crowbars, many tools. I plan on conducting raids as a community in my area. I don't think isolation prepping is smart in the long run.

Coal the trees will all be cut down and the gas will run out.

Do any peppers here have list of all the stuff someone would need if they were going to bunker down in their residence? I'm a poorfag and will accumulate gear over time, but I'm in OP's position. I'm not looking to get culturally enriched because I had to leave my house to look for food. All the lists I find online seem bloated or unnecessarily expensive.

Dont need to, our government sends a list out to every citizen in the nation from time to time.

Stay in shape, get a good hiking backpack and some kind of bike and trailer extension. You're doing some scavenging.

Where would I find that list?

dinsakerhet.se/kris-och-krig/broschyren-om-krisen-eller-kriget-kommer/english-engelska/

food, toilet paper/hygiene, antibiotics/firstaid, ammo, gear & boots
lots of lighters, cigarettes, cofefe for trading

If you have shitty eyesight then you better stock up on contacts. Don't see many people mentioning that

>Be in military
>have huge stock of survival gear at home
Always wonder if these guys have their buddies in their will

Salt.

Everyone forgets salt, one of the most ancient currencies. Literally get tons of salt.

This.

I never understand this reasoning. Obviously you don't trade ammo with people you don't know, but if Jim Bob your neighbor who you know from the post-apocalyptic militia whose wife makes that great jerky wants a box of ammo, I would absolutely trade. Random asshole wandering through town is a different story, he can go fuck himself.

Reminder that if you know nothing about farming or animal husbandry of ranching in general dont expect to last more than a year.

What is this swiss shit? If I lived in the mountains surrounded by my country men and a fuckload of guns with no niggers or spics, I wouldn't need to worry about prepping.

>get salt
You mean secure the means of Salt production?

And toilet paper.

never liked cofefe,
tea is also very good for moral plus other benefits: organicfacts.net/health-benefits/beverage/health-benefits-of-black-tea.html

>Swiss

Poor b8 user, poor b8

not for you then

But for the tens of millions of people craving and possibly having caffeine withdrawal
A luxury product in hard times

What makes you think your gun is even going to last 10k rounds? lol

>He buys guns that don't last 10k rounds.

Heh nasty girl is the reason I don't really focus that much on that sort of thing. I still do it to a limited extent since I wouldn't likely get called up forever and some people I know can use it when I am.

Salt only has meaning to people who hunt and store their shit. While it's valuable and usefull for some people, lighters etc. are valuable to all people.
Most people would rely on rations and anything they can scavenge because they're unskilled nofuns who've always bought foods from stores and have no idea you could use salt for storing food. For them, salt is just something that you use to add more flavour to foods. In shft, it would be pointless to purchase salt purely for this purpose.

Not saying you shouldn't store salt, just don't expect it to work as a common currency.

I use a G3 that has eaten thousands of rounds every year for since 1963. It still works fine.

As a matter of fact I sometimes do. They're compact and lightweight. It'll stand up to a couple rounds of +p. More than enough to work as a carry gun once in a while if I feel like lugging it around and I give zero shits if it sits in an evidence locker for the rest of eternity after.
If you're comfortable with that. If it starts acting funny and you haven't got any replacement parts chances are you can still use it, I'd still rather have the peace of mind of having a back up around instead of thousands of rounds of useless ammo.

many communities will survive in most scenarios and will need to be able to store food long term without electricity
You can't trade rotten meat can't rely on constant supply of deer year round when every tard with a weapon will be out hunting(or at least attempting too) and laziness factor will promote a steady ration economy for any group in control of preservation resources. Food is common currency and you need to preserve it. Areas with salt mines would be much better off

youtube.com/watch?v=m6U9T3R3EQg Is this still viable in case of nuclear war, Besides the Underground where could one go in case of bombs dropping in London.

Attached: UK-flag-conponants.png (1600x1048, 270K)

Salt, tobacco, coffee, weed, alchohol, lighters, ammo, and over the counter pain meds like advil, tylenol etc

Besides hoarding shit what should I learn, e.g. gardening, how to repair certain things, edible flora/fauna.

I think a utility key could come in handy in the cities

Attached: serveimage.jpg (355x324, 11K)

Gardening and animal husbandry. Learn how to properly raise/slaughter/butcher livestock like sheep.

>I think a utility key could come in handy in the cities
A tool could be handy. Have you ever tried building anything? You're always going to need more tools and end up wanting to try to modify ones you have. Gardening sucks, you need a stupid amount of tools just to repair broken tools. If you break a shovel or axe or something making a new handle from scratch is a ridiculous amount of work. You can half ass it but you're going to hate it every second you have to use it again and you're not going to want to re-do it. It's one of those do it right the first time sort of thing and save yourself a lot of time and energy. I can't tell you how many broken tools I have laying around on the to-do list since there are just other ones I want or need more.

>I give zero shits if it sits in an evidence locker for the rest of eternity after.

The dankest poorfag meme. If you use a gun in self defense it paid for itself. Even if replacing it is $1000 or more it's still a hell of a lot cheaper than a funeral.

What should you do when you're on a navy air craft carrier and the shit hits the fan?

Attached: 1529920859434.jpg (675x601, 72K)

NW is the last of my worries. No country (right now) is insane enough to start since it would heralds its end.

Real threats are insurrection and civil war. A slow decline into violence as gov institutions fall apart is way more realistic.

Attached: 1530081072777.jpg (720x630, 39K)

Like I said before sometime(s) plural, I have extras waiting around to go. Right or wrong about killing someone, that likely gives someone else a reason for a vendetta. I'm not scraping together a lot of money and waiting days or weeks for another one. Besides I always felt a warrior should train in whatever weaponry they can. Use what you have available rather than just "the best". Also gives a bit of variety of what to carry or when on top of learning different styles.

Attached: 1494946705516.jpg (280x373, 13K)

No I want my autistic fantasies of starting a new America on the ocean called the united seas of America to be realized.

Attached: 1530031089550.png (1024x620, 466K)

That's ridiculous. The complacency about the reality of a nuclear war hitting since the end of the cold war is fucking unbelievable. That's like saying someone won't use chemical weapons against a gigantic population when places have a track record of using them against mass civilian targets and individuals. If anything a bomb shelter rated for nukes should be minimum, realistically if it's built right for that it should be able to withstand and filter for a chem attack too. Most chemical weapons are considered weapons of mass destruction and they still get used.

nuclear war is way more survivable now and much more likely to happen

Smaller, cleaner and more accurate warheads in less amounts means probability goes up

My problem with prepping is simple, they overshoot the mark on the hard to get but fail on the maintain. Yeah great you have 20+ years of food, but your water well is going to fail or septic system will fail. What about couches, mattresses, and other items that are replaced every 5-10 years.
Storing food salt and/or smoking salt and just regular salt is a large difference. Know your salts as the wrong type can fail or kill you.

Attached: bleach1.jpg (700x1212, 545K)

I have 10,000 compressed towel discs, pop a bit of water on and they fold out into a wet wipe.

you may want to look at how solid they are.. Just saying. More water may be required for clean up.

Where's the best place to buy food to store? Say I wanted to get 6 months worth of dehydrated food to sit on and supplement with anything I could kill/scavenge?

Also, how should I go about collecting/storing water?

yes I'm aware

S u m m e r

>1066
>the year modern democracy was kick-started
>Satan
no u

>Are you a prepper, Jow Forums?
I have the same sort of interests, but really I'm just interested in how things work from the barebones level on up. I have a desire to be as self-sufficient as possible, and I'm interested in tinkering.

Plus, a lot of prepping-related stuff can have real-world relevance. For example, I recently bought an old cottage which is right next to a busy road. Well, now I need to sound-proof the fuck out of it, and it just so happens that sound-proofing and bullet-proofing have a lot of similarities. So for instance, I'm thinking about making up a thick as fuck polycarbonate window for the window that directly faces the road. Polycarbonate is used both for highway noise barriers, as well as for shielding for bullets and explosions in those documentaries where they reenact that sort of stuff and film it in ultra-super-dooper-high definition.

>Also, how should I go about collecting/storing water?
You might actually want to be careful about collecting water. Unless your tom selleck a lot of places tend to have regulations about gathering it.

Sweden is the crying little girl of Scandinavia.
surprised they don't print guides on how to whore yourself to Russian Troops.
Like, singularly specific guides on how to prostitute yourself to Russian Infantry.

This could and should be the first chapter:

"When Russia's Chosen Peace Comes, you must prepare for them to cum inside you: A Government Guide to Citizen's Survival in the event of Invasion."

This is still mind blowing to me as an Australian

Why the fuck your government regulating rainwater???

Why the fuck is your government regulating airsoft guns?

It has to do with avoiding water shortages so there isn't a crisis. I honestly think it's stupid not to. If you look at what's going on in Flint or whatever I'm honestly pretty disappointed in how the state and federal governments are handling that. That's just one city, I've heard rumors of others being even worse.

> toilet paper will become gold.
just use water, its even cleaner

Are you the autistic buttmad finn?

>With all the talk of an upcoming civil war
Who are you going to fight?

this, i have a 25kg cooking salt bag at home
and think about stocking up.
They even paid soldiers with salt in ancient times becouse of its value. It was white gold.

i think you need salt also for your food supply , without salt you will die.

>Why the fuck is your government regulating airsoft guns?
Actually, they aren't, that's why they're illegal. Airsoft wasn't really a big thing twenty years ago when they wrote the laws, so they weren't included at all. This makes them defacto completely banned, unlike paintball guns.

But regulating rainwater is really odd for us, because heaps of people have rainwater tanks. I used to live in a town that was 100% rainwater, no mains water supply. It does make it really funny though when I hear preppers talking about 500L of water in buckets, when we had a 33,000 gallon and an 8,000 gallon tank. I think that's about 50,000 American gallons.

>regulating rainwater
wtf !?

>nation

Stock up on things you will use anyway that also last a long time. Set reasonable goals and don't do anything stupid, like buying 40 years of food without having a way to purify water.

Not a prepper. I dont really have the cash for it, or a shelter to be honest - all I have is a house with no basement. But stock up on food, water, first aid kits, gas masks, filters, guns, ammo.

>muh autism

>defacto illegal
Imagine living in a country where your government dictates what you can do, instead of what you can’t.

>Imagine living in a country where your government dictates what you can do, instead of what you can’t.
We all live in countries like that, some are just worse than others.

Anyone who tries to take over my Clique

for me prepping is useless if you don't use it.

you can have a thousand books on botany but unless you actually have a small garden patch in your yard you won't encounter the problems you may face, if you store food, rotate and actually eat it, you'll know what meals you can make with what you have stored and you will notice in time if your storage/rotation shedule is flawed, you'll see if the food you projected to last two years really does. if you plan on using solar panels and basement batteries for power, try and run your house on the batteries all night for a month.

my point is, instead of planning to replace commodities when things go south, start working towards independance on your own, if you can just get the whole place to run on 20 solar panels, rainwater to flush the toilets and a well for drinking water you are not only saving money on utilities that can now go into more guns, you are familiar with your systems and you won't be caught of guard by some plan that goes wrong after a month because you have civilisation still there to fix it and come up with a better plan.

TL;DR don't leave preps to rot in the basement, actually use them on a daily basis

This. Also crispbread. That stuff lasts forever, my dudes.

Man, what an awful meal to eat on Christmas. Absolutely disgusting.

It's worth its weight in gold, especially if you don't like gouter. You can't get iodine out of sea salt.

I prep as much as most people in the coastal South; enough to survive a hurricane and a good month's worth of bullshit afterwards. Hugo and Floyd sucked ass.

>Shits in his water supply
Nigger detected

Attached: 1529939706266.jpg (228x221, 9K)

Because he big ranch interests out west bought rights to collect water from streams. Fair enough, no different from what we have in rural australia. Except the burger governments too the opportunity to interpret this as meaning that all rainfall belongs to the state and that collecting it without a license is an act of theft from the people. This applies a the state level in places like Arizona, not everywhere. It's still possible to buy large rain barrels and collection equipment, but you need to be discreet and have the right connections.