Opinions on the SCAR models?

Been thinking of buying one recently and just wanted to know what Jow Forums thinks

Attached: 04CB5715-15DA-46C8-9812-02CB4F46CB17.jpg (1367x1008, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uS4uR_7ym6c
remington.com/handguns/model-1911-r1/model-1911-r1-200th-ann-le
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They're nice and all, but I just could never live with myself if I paid what they are currently asking for them.

pure sex. that said too expensive.

>paying north of 3 grand for a 2MOA semiauto 5.56/7.62NATO gun
"a fool and his money are easily parted"

Attached: 1527226192003.jpg (345x336, 214K)

>2 MOA

If you've got the money to burn and just liked it that much in CoD go for it. People might say you wasted money, but you can just call them poor and ask how their hi-point is, even if they actually own several guns more expensive than yours.

Mk17 barrels are NTE 1MOA over ammunition baseline before being deadlined. Please do us a solid and kys.

Both the 16 and 17 are outstanding and direct upgrades over their AR styled counterparts.

That said, the added value is conditional on your usage profile and they may not justify their higher price point for every consumer.

It's easier to justify the 17 than the 16 but I own both and I think they're fantastic.

I think the SCAR 17 / H is a great 308 platform for a combat type role with engagement distances up to 800m. There are certainly more accurate 308 platforms but few that are as robust, lightweight and reliable as the SCAR.

When it comes to SCAR 16 / L, it has not done nearly as well. While reliable, robust and lightweight it is large and boxy compared to contemporary AR designs which do fine.

Attached: 28992498928_068fe8a5a4_o.jpg (3840x2160, 2.67M)

>lying this hard to defend your shit choices
nah I think I'll keep living so I can trigger faggots like you by laughing at your nigger-tier taste in weaponry. The SCAR is a fuckheavy rifle that FN uses to siphon money off idiots like you who think "moar moniez = beddur gatz"

Attached: SmellsLikeMeat.jpg (280x210, 99K)

>38381106

Not today, Ruseman.

Attached: at least you tried.png (640x475, 195K)

>not even knowing how to reply
this your first day here, summerfag?

youtube.com/watch?v=uS4uR_7ym6c

>38381138

>implying I'm going to give you a (you)

>he paid north of $3000 for a 3 moa gun
>b-but at least it runs in the antifa official mud test!!
AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1283819049-1902390123.gif (400x225, 2.7M)

congrats faggot, did you listen to where he said literally every other fucking modern carbine that doesn't cost over $3k also passed?
I really really love it when people start scrambling to defend the SCAR. You literally can't give me a single reason why it's worth the retarded price tag. It does absolutely nothing that a gun half (or less) its price won't do.
Really, just congratulations to FN for managing to make such an underwhelming product that retards will still defend until they are blue in the face. Have fun with your overpriced piston AR if you have one, and congratulations on being a lapdog for a company that doesn't give a shit about you.
>no i promise I'm not retarded see? i totally did that retarded thing on purpose guize don't call me retarded it makes me sad

Attached: 9628498429848474654.jpg (893x719, 74K)

>samefag trolling
>please validate me, sempai

Attached: quiet.jpg (400x600, 68K)

>Paying $3000
>Minted fiat currency to the tune of three-thousand US dollars
>for a plastic gun with shit accuracy
>BUT it works in the mud
>he fell for the SCAR meme
>he didn't realize you could buy the same shit in a $500 AR15
L
O
L O L
O
L

Attached: 1503278957683.jpg (125x119, 3K)

>5.56
Decent gun, better than rack grade AR but defdinitely not as good as a well built AR that costs anywhere near the same amount
>.308
Quite possibly the best battle rifle ever made.

>Quite possibly the best battle rifle ever made.

Attached: 1524986089978.jpg (588x823, 66K)

what's the best battle rifle?

AR10 or FAL, no contest.

AR10

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

>FAL
Good rifle, heavy however

That's the truth tho

Attached: 1510455922239.jpg (645x729, 132K)

All of our M110's fucking failed.

>Military intelligence

our MK17's all survived.

No they didn't. Mine broke clean in half.

Honestly, they're incredible rifles. The main downside is even being that good doesn't justify the stupid pricetag. The 16 shoots so smooth and has less recoil than an average ar, but still not worth $2500. The 17 can be justified a bit more because it's probably the best semi auto .308 rifle out right now, but $3000 for a stock gun...

It's a $1500-$1600 gun at best, they just mark it up to hell and back because they do small production runs for civilian sales to jack the price up. They also coast off hype because it was in every shitty modern FPS cawwadoodie game ever made, so the autists fall for them hook line and sinker. The rest is literally just stockholme syndrome and falling for the sunk cost fallacy where these idiots will defend their purchase to the death.

stay mad poorfag

>t. Increasingly upset SCARfag, devastated that several years worth of allowance and goodboy points were consumed for his Modern Warfare larp toy

samefagging THIS hard, jesus christ did FN gun down your family or something?

They're cool OP. You have a lot of poorfags screaming 'BUT MUH AR', but if you have the money to spare and like it I don't see how you can go wrong. Nothing wrong with the rifle, light and looks amazing desu. From your post I can see you think the SCAR is cool (which it totally is), so unless you don't have money to spare, why not buy one?

he mad

/thread

Nothing wrong with it? You need to scroll through the SCAR 17 FB page and see post after post about people asking what optic and mount is safe to use on a scar so it doesn't destroy the rifle. Along with the thousands in upgrades just to make the rifle better. Its a great rifle but not $2800 dollars great and for sure not $3800 great.

Attached: 1407245835505.jpg (625x626, 82K)

>what optic and mount is safe to use on a scar so it doesn't destroy the rifle

>optic and mount

>destroy the rifle

>Opinions on the SCAR models?
The XCR was the real SCAR
Robinson got screwed when his blank-firing adapter mysteriously disappeared upon arrival
The field use of the Mk.17 has been fixing a litany of critical flaws.
The XCR was not without its own issues at the time, but It is much easier to lighten a chassis than it is to fix a system botched from the get-go.

Attached: iu[1].jpg (4180x2432, 2.34M)

>spending 3 grand for an AR
No thanks I'm not retarded

Attached: Blank+_0ec6981114e605ba5a614710096a362d.png (326x245, 60K)

Attached: 1529403066716.jpg (578x712, 152K)

I love mine.
More reliable and easy to use than an AR and an AK because it combines the best parts of both. If you have the money to spend you won't regret it but if you don't have the money, there are plenty of ARs and AKs that will last you a life time as well.
But it's still better.
Also, A LOT of people who don't own either will say something along the lines of "the 17 is baddass, but the 16 is pointless!"
These people are know nothing retards and I'm sure they've already posted in this thread.
They are the same gun, in two different calibers.
>The design of the AK is revolutionary and awesome!
>But the AK 74 is a total piece of junk!
If you parrot anything like this, please kill yourself.

It always makes me laugh when people say it's 2 MOA because not only is it NOT, but the M1A, FAL, and G3 are all known to be 2 MOA guns. Sounds like someone's projecting.

Attached: 14568929_1068751703239394_185983675_n.jpg (360x480, 44K)

>when people say it's 2 MOA because not only is it NOT, but the M1A, FAL, and G3 are all known to be 2 MOA guns
M1a-$1400
FAL-$1500
G3 (PTR)-$800
G3ish (C308)-$500
In all fairness, a firearm that costs two-to-six times as much, if not more, as the others should have more accuracy.

>Feeling pretty bored and lonely today so I thought I'd start this thread again for (You)s

I can get a 17s new for $2,945. That a decent price or should I keep looking?

Literally (you) -> >hurrdurr there's only one person on Jow Forums who realized the SCAR is overpriced garbage
You sound like you're just butthurt that you wasted the price of 2-3 good weapons on something that could never deliver on the expectations you had for it.

Attached: download_20180622_115625.png (237x361, 68K)

>2-3 good weapons
if you got the money and want the best, thats fine.
you spend way more money on ammo, id rather shoot 1 good gun than 3 decent ones

>implying the SCAR is "the best" at anything but being overpriced
Actually no it's not even the best at that

Attached: 1528942133973.jpg (360x360, 31K)

whats betrer then

I dont understand why people complain about weight. Just work out more/harder. Get a sling and try running with your gun. Ruck march. Just get bigger so you can comfortably use bigger guns.

Shut the fuck up Ian isn't a communist.

>all these civilians complaining about the best gun ever made
As the resident weapons expert on Jow Forums I feel the need to point out that the following posts are to be disregarded:

This has been a public service announcement.
The only legitimate concern about the SCAR is it's price and that only matters if you are a complete fucking loser that is going nowhere in life so you can't afford to invest in proper equipment

This tripfag gets it
Fucking poorfags come out of the woodwork to try to justify not owning one for so many dumb irrelevant NON reasons.
It's hilarious that someone can be so poor and so stupid at the same time, meanwhile posts like get ignored.

I'm new here and I didn't know this board had a designated expert. Thank you for your input sir

>implying that civvies will ever actually see the minor benefits the SCAR offers
>implying that plenty of better-priced weapons don't already exist with fantastic track records and better values
>implying that throwing money at things makes them inherently better
>namefagging
>proclaiming yourself to be the "resident weapons expert" on an anonymous meta-pangean medium-sized dino wrasslin' forum
I fucking hate nu-Jow Forums sometimes

Attached: download_20180618_123228.jpg (512x474, 34K)

>investing money in the best platform in existent is wasting it
Yeah your hi point carbine sure gets the job done why spend more money right? XD
>implying I'm not the best
I am, I have been and always will be.
I am beyond your petty insults child.
Stay mad that you can't afford the best projectile weapon on the market today

>he doesn't know Hunter 3-1 Actual
Hello newfag

Thank you for your service and input.
Could you not reply to this fag though He is a poor troll that is pamming bait everywhere

>a civilian doesnt need x
fudd spotted

>implying you're anything but an RPing tard
>implying namefagging is anything but pottery
Lol I bet you have like 3000 confirmed kills buddy

Attached: 1528396330370m.jpg (496x1024, 45K)

>not understanding that I didn't say "need" but practicality
If you would like to waste your money please be my guest friend

>i didnt say "need"
>but you really dont need one

That's seems to be the price they are going to stay at yea. You might be able to find used ones for a little cheaper, but a new 17s is going to cost around that no matter where you look.
So yea, if you got the money, go for it.

>tfw I bought when prices were 2400
Worth it

Attached: 1DA65832-8449-418D-AA5B-A5799192B397.jpg (1080x1920, 622K)

>not understanding that spending that much money on a beefy plastic piston AR makes you a fool
if you really wanna call me a fudd for not spending way too much money on something then you're a fudd for not buying the most expensive thing right now that you possibly can. I honestly don't even think you know what a fudd is, faggot.

Attached: 1527219742409.jpg (640x640, 42K)

Seem that's a much better price for one. But $3k+? That's just a bandwagon tax. They're nice guns desu but holy shit are they expensive right now.

who says i dont buy the most expensive thing i can?

ahh so then you're an idiot.
price =/= quality senpai
spend your shekels wisely, nobody has endless amounts.

Attached: Attach9322_20180508_075531.jpg (600x567, 24K)

>price =/= quality
not in the gun world

Lol okay faggot go buy $15k in Colt shit then
Obviously there's a floor where you'll just start getting junk, but there's also ceiling where you're spending money just to spend money.

Attached: 1525798445611.jpg (1838x2048, 157K)

Buy this. By your logic it's a good gun.
remington.com/handguns/model-1911-r1/model-1911-r1-200th-ann-le

marginal quality improvement is still improvement.
whether you want to pay a premium is up to you.

>customised shit
itll cost you that much for any custom shit

>marginal improvements on an AR platform are worth doubling the price of the rifle

Attached: jej.jpg (584x322, 147K)

>i never pay a premium for anything
i bet youve eaten at a restaurant before

>implying the SCAR is anything more than a gucci AR
>implying that spending $5 or $10 more on something is the same as spending $1500 more on something
marginal improvements should merit marginal cost increases

>he doesnt know how a premium works
marginal improvements at the top end never result in marginal price increases.

Literally you -> keep digging that retard hole

Attached: 8796257.png (1035x541, 575K)

Weight reduction is the #1 concern of the soldier of the 21st century.

>stop spending money on good things i cant afford
literally you

>thinking that being wise with money and being broke are the same thing
okay there buddy. have your last (you) and go play with the rest of the retards

Attached: 65814984684.jpg (400x266, 18K)

>there arent people with more money than me

The poverty is strong with u. Post your guns or stfu.

Wow the thread really riled up this poor kid, too bad he doesn't put that energy into making some money. Bernie can still win! SCAR 17's for everyone!

>calling people retards
>literally thinks that mounts and optics break SCARs

You're better off spending the same amount of money on a basic bitch AR and ammo for practice.

Save your money and get a PSA CHF'd FN Barreled AR-15 rifle kit. I have the CHF FN Barrel m4 16" carbine kit and I love it. Really the best thing about the scar is the FN barrel.

Attached: uggly.jpg (700x619, 34K)

The last time I visited Jow Forums I think I remember calling you out for acting like a chest thumping faggot tadpole and asked what your team would think when I doxxed you and they saw the bullshit you spewed on here... and you immediately deleted the post.

Glad to see things haven't changed. please post more identifying information.

All this butthurt over a rifle I purchased because it looks cool and is fun to shoot.

Attached: scar.jpg (1080x608, 93K)

>literally thinks that mounts and optics break SCARs
Have you had a lobotomy, user? Do you even understand the words you read?

Attached: 1528816982469.png (300x250, 7K)

You are such a fucking liar
You can't do shit to me or my fireteam.
My kill count is classified, but you aren't far off

>Paying over 3 grand for a Scar
Ah you are just retarded.

Attached: 1479060669897.jpg (500x500, 46K)

I’d buy one if they made an updated version with:
>better trigger
>full length mlok handguard with no integrated front sight
>more magazine compatibility options
>non-reciprocating bent charging handle
>thicker barrel options

I don’t have a problem spending $3,000+ on a gun but I can’t justify doing it on one that needs another $2,000 in upgrades just to bring the base rifle up to speed with modern offerings. I’d just stick with an SR-25 at that point

Attached: 9453F0CC-F85C-4E81-A571-CA692537AC8E.jpg (450x800, 156K)

>implying you can find them anywhere nowadays for less

>honestly thinks a PSA is JUST AS GUD as a SCAR
holy shit.

yes

Attached: IMG_1072.jpg (2048x1365, 89K)

moar

Attached: IMG_1069.jpg (2048x1365, 93K)

>paying 3k for a overpriced meme rifle

>3MOA

> $1000 to get new barrel if you want to shit the shit out of it (I would if I payed 3k for a rifle)

FN customer service is trash, they don't care about the civilian market, and the scar is really a pretty trash rifle.