Is this the best innawoods simulator?

Is this the best innawoods simulator?

Attached: far-cry-5-poster.jpg (1280x720, 103K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n00aFJQPuN4
youtube.com/watch?v=S2Z6vKuJ6_U
bitchute.com/video/jwZs0oKvBDta/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

not even close

>Is this the best innawoods simulator?
No. Waddle out of your parent's basement and go outside for once in your life.

Not even fucking close. You can't walk 5 fucking feet without cletus raping you with an attack helicopter

>Set game in a place with an even lower real world population density than 2 of 3
>Increase enemy spawns tenfold
What were they thinking?

with the perfect balance between gameplay and graphics*

It's actually not a very good game. I finished it, just because I like the far cry series so much, but the non stop forced interactive cut scenes and cheesy voice acting kinda killed it for me. 7/10 at best.

I've found that the graphics IRL are pretty good but the gameplay has a rough learning curve, it takes forever to level up and the respawn timer is way too long

Getting randomly kidnapped (with fucking knockout ammo.. while I was in a helicopter flying around) chapped my ass.

No. I am.

Attached: hunt.webm (720x404, 2.89M)

It's really bad desu. I honestly wish the game was either grounded in realism like Far Cry 2 or was just some badshit crazy fun game that didn't take itself too seriously. Besides the tonal issues, the game gets repetitive pretty quickly as none of the side quests are very unique and the main quests bland. The most fun aspect of the game is probably taking out the outposts but those become stale after awhile. Best in the woods simulator was probably dayZ mod because you never find a weapon, you're always starving, and eventually some guy with a 50 cal shoots you as soon as you pick up a 1911. Pretty accurate post apocalyptic walking simulator.

kys summerfag. Play stalker, ARMA, PR, or Squad. Even the new DayZ is better than that CoD tier trash

I just started playing Far Cry 4 three days ago. First time with the series, and was looking forward to 5 until I started reading this thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=n00aFJQPuN4

Attached: 532569.jpg (1920x1080, 2.92M)

Far cry 2 and 3 are my favorites and are generally considered the best by fans of the series.

2 is a classic but is showing its age to say the least.

3 is fucking great.. right up until your confrontation with Vaas. After that it loses direction and feels anti-climatic by comparison.

4 is ok but I feel like palling around with Pagan Min in his gunship would have been more fun.

5 is pretty stupid. I actually didn't even finish it. Half the content feels like busywork.

1 was so long ago I hardly remember it beyond the killer apes and shit.

Not even a good game.

>"is far cry 5 best innawoods simulator"
>mfw

Attached: IMG_3763.jpg (649x640, 55K)

You never stepped foot innawoods and it's clearly showing. Do us a favor and tell your parents you want to go camping in order to experience it while school is out.

Nice, got any more?

No. But I think it’s really fun.

This. Original Dayz was a great innawoods simulator because you just spent the whole time wandering around trying to landnav through the thick Chernarussian forests with your friends following dirt paths and power lines trying to find little abandoned villages nestled in the valleys and hoping you find some food there before you get murdered. I would live my life like that if I could.

I just wish it had more tanks.

Like GTA which is the best america ever.

>orbital wmds being sold by real estate homes and strategic bombers and tanks being amazon delivered to your house.

McNukes as fuck.

not the best far cry, ai is shit, features are shit, onions save mode, predictable story lines

There's only one good fps and it doesn't require electronics.

Attached: do a barrel roll.webm (736x480, 2.87M)

the loading screens were kino

I could go for a game where you are a Rocky Mountain era mountain man. Like the Long Dark but with seasonal changes, packhorses, Blackfoots, settlements/ forts for trading, and proper trapping.

>be me
>preorder FC5
>hype.txt
>the day comes
>clear le schedule
>enjoy grating music, poor flying controls, glitches, retarded AI and more
>get knocked out and have to play Kill imaginary people that are real simulator
>end up in the le woods later
?fall through the side of a mountain
>wander around in a white void and realize it is more fun than trailing around with idiot companions repeating one liners
>vomit the cake
>mommy wow
>uninstall
>fuck you UBI

Attached: hIF6efq.jpg (1920x1080, 425K)

Outside of the story is fine and honestly it's in the category of open world where the story is a minor inconvenience. God the writing goes to hell the minute you leave John's region

Everybody likes stalker user, but nobody is gonna say they can stand it without 20 different mods

You mean you don't like the reused m14 asset that has a lower damage than the AK

As someone who lives innawoods, no, not really. Still the music is comfy as fuck. Before the Mountain Lions started coming out again, I listened to the soundtrack all the time when I went for walks youtube.com/watch?v=S2Z6vKuJ6_U

>FC2
>grounded in realism

And FC2 was the worst by far. Realistic in the ways that are annoying and not fun (fucking malaria, gun exploding from 4 magazines of ammo) and unrealistic in ways that would add to the game (bullet sponge enemies, car breaks down and needs a super boring and long repair sequence from five boolats, which the enemy can riddle your car with even though you are blazing through the dense jungle at 70 mph and no one should be able to see more than 10 feet in any direction). The weapon system made it unrewarding when you kill an enemy with a sick gun because it will be corroded trash and you can't keep it in your armory. Plus monotonous wilderness with nothing to do unless there are the predetermined checkpoints. All the cool points of interest are devoid of life unless there is an active mission for it. Not very rewarding exploration due to how little there is to do in the game (like, no safari trophy hunting? That would be so easy to implement). And to add to all that, no mod tools ever so you can't easily fix all these flaws. They made a great world full of potential and did basically jack shit.

Not to mention the travesty that were the guns in general. Guns chambered in the same round doing different damage (G3 is the weak starter rifle? WTF). Dat m1903 reload (?. It's such a travesty its hard to tell if that is what it was supposed to be). MP5 is an "assault rifle".

RIP Ranger Rick

it's mostly just fun to comfily fish from the wind of a boat plane and fly around the woods

You aren't wrong, but if you couldn't have fun with fc2 when it came out then you may have a problem.

Its one of those games where you can tell the team was done with it when it had to ship so it had plenty of issues, but it was still entertaining

I've only ever played vanilla. Shit was fun, would have to mod to get it to work on my modern rig, but otherwise, still a very enjoyable innawoods game that brings back good memories.

Game was a fucking tragedy.

I was about to post this but then I remembered that I don't want more people in the woods.

kill yourself

I dunno. I totally agree that you could tell that it was unfinished, but I feel it was unfinished to a degree that it was unsettling. Like seeing creepy half done puppets or something (not a great example cause fully done puppets are still creepy).

I did buy it right as it came out as well. Felt like I wasted that $40. I was a poor college student too then.

Maybe? Except you play the ATF.

>grossly under estimate what's occurring
>roll with it anyway and use molotovs to solve your problems
>go north and shoot dogs
>fight tons of idiot neckbeards with fudd rifles who dont bathe

Actually it's probably alarming accurate.

Attached: 1519766256040.gif (250x250, 474K)

>He doesn't play as an ATF agent ditching all rules and his agency to live with the people of Hope County to help protect their land by defeating the local suicidal doomsday cult

Attached: 1396674843873_0.jpg (1378x646, 111K)

Tbh I just ride around in the Death Wish with Rye in the skies and hop in the turret whenever some whirlybird faggot comes around.

Those graphics suck

>3 is fucking great.. right up until your confrontation with Vaas. After that it loses direction and feels anti-climatic by comparison.
On the plus side, a normal playthrough will unlock most of the cool shit on the second island, which means you get the last third of the game with the best guns and wingsuit and so on. I hate it when you only unlock the top-tier shit right before the end.

You shot that thing a frankly unnecessary number of times.

wher he benis at??:D?

Attached: 1465051410731.jpg (307x462, 15K)

no, but it's the best Ruby Ridge/Waco simulator.

I play vanilla, cyka

>You shot that thing a frankly unnecessary number of times.
its obviously the kids first time shooting anything, cut him some slack.

blood dragon is the only good far cry. I stoped playing 3 it got boring after about 6-8 hours of play. its so fucking repetitive.

>go outside with a gun
>get shot because noguns soccer mom called the cops
Alternatively
>go outside with gun
>don't even fire the weapon you paid twice the price of a video game for (not including ammo) and just sit bored playing with dead pine leaves

>knife 2 guys walking along road
>repeat

>Killing joe wasn't halfway point
>hope county poromptly taken over by NG unit led by batshit atf
>NG is better at small unit warfare than stinky cultists
>new weapon unlocks
>use skills and connections gained from removing peggies to help locals remove Fed.

What could've been lads.

there's not 2 enemy factions in 5?

Its pretty comfy when you turn off all the UI elements, find a boat, and fuck off to the middle of the lakes to fish. The graphics are purty too.
Its just a shame the gun selection is so pathetic.

Montanafag here.

First off, Privvy planes aren't common whatsoever (Never seen one in the state, but I saw a Gyrocopter.)

I lived in a small town called Superior which would be in a similar location to where HC is. Holland Valley is fucking crazy, all the crop fields would be east of the mountains and beyone. The Whitetails kind of capture what it's like, but the Henbane is the most accurate. Just remove a portion of the waterways.

As for innawoods, no way. Hell, you'd be better off with something like Stalker. Something where you gotta track shit like food, hunger sleep, etc. (If New Vegas's Hardcore mode was in a game like Far Cry 2, it'd be perfect.)

Dudes up there mostly have 870's and Win 700s (Last time I checked which was years ago, probably some prepper guys packing more heat.)

Pines don't have leaves.

Isn't there a farcry where you're a caveman? I'm sure that happened.

Far Cry Primal. It released after Far Cry 4.

>4 is ok but I feel like palling around with Pagan Min in his gunship would have been more fun.
Joining Pagan Minh should have been a legit story choice, not a joke option.

I want a Far Cry 2 Remastered Definitive Director's Uncut Ultimate Edition with multiple branching story lines, more side activities, actual faction war going on where you get to pick a side (or not) and reap the benefits and consequences of your choices, with AI buddies who actually have an AI and come work with you on some missions, driving or manning the MG

>call of duty: rednecks
>Innawoods simulator
Only as much as you can go into the woods desu

I honestly think 5 is the worst in the series.

bitchute.com/video/jwZs0oKvBDta/

Attached: +1.png (476x404, 232K)

If you ignore primal.

>shot that thing a frankly unnecessary number of times
I haven't shot him enough until it's 1000% dead.

Attached: IMG_4622.jpg (620x826, 103K)

You really don’t have much of an imagination do you?

You could (more like WOULD) hobble around the woods for 3 hours, only to find some dilapidated slav village that's been previously ransacked twice. Vanilla DayZ was stupidly realistic.

>Join Pagan Min
>Spend the first bit of the game flying around with your step dad fighting Golden Path
>Suddenly what's her name springs her coup
>Now your on the run with Pagan Min fighting a three way civil war
>Finish off the Golden Path, rally the survivors behind you, crush the coup, become king
>Choices made throughout the game decide if your a crazy despot like Pagan, Taliban 2.0, or an ok guy doing your best
>Pagan Min being snarky all the way through the game and may stick around as your advisor at the end

Far Cry 4.5 when?

The Long Dark is the innawoods simulator

Attached: slide-02-large.jpg (1360x760, 140K)

Except it's shit.

this. The Long Dark is the only survival game; everything else is a shitty crafting simulator or a shitty "le battel royal" with delusions of realism.

>spawn in t-shirt, jeans, and a pair of dress shoes
>-20 ambient temperature
>take shelter in a shitty abandoned mobile home in the middle of the woods
>live off of potato chips for a few days
>run out of food
>blizzard still hasn't stopped
>wander outside to try and find some other shelter
>lose track of your bearings
>die from exposure

10/10 unironically

Attached: the-long-dark-shelter.jpg (1280x738, 164K)

Do you know what a "simulator" is?

shadow of chernobyl is more believable

Attached: 1445627174402.jpg (1632x996, 747K)

The original DayZ mod was the best innawoods simulator.

But there are no woods in SoC

>>Red Forest

we dont talk about primal

>Except it's shit.

ur shit

Attached: TLD.jpg (1360x760, 144K)

>paid twice the amount for
What piece of shit gun did you buy for $100

that's barely a grove, bro.

you still couldn't handle that bit of woods

The game had so many glitches it actually added to the hilarity a lot of the time. aka riding a bike superman style while prone, impossible to hit.
Gamma locked servers night time being pitch black spooped me good.

this desu. Plus the gangs of Russians assraping whole towns at a time, very scary

Terrible.

Lots of fun, but definitely not a simulator.

this desu, the only thing close is the PMC life mod for arma 3, but sometimes I don't feel like wrestling with arma

>arma wrestling

It's harder than real life, but it's p. good.
>Spawn with Jeans, sweater, boots
>30F with no wind, sunny
>Iiiimm s s s sooo cccccc cold
bitch, hat feels like tshirt weather by March

meine Negeren.
The area with the lighthouse and bears on the ice is the best.

Attached: trex m2 ww2.gif (300x225, 1.86M)

>far cry 3
>weapon world models are ridiculously oversized, especially the AK
>AK only has iron sights which is fine, but it has a obnoxious scope mount you can use
>lazy semicircle stealth system still used in games to this day
The far cry series has always been shit. Also,
>multiple games set in the jungle of third world countries
>no SKS
>no Mosin

Your dust cover makes me angrier than someone killing a raccoon ever could.

I really liked the ending but ubishit is just out of touch. I want more gun stuff less repetitive gameplay and a fucking vas reskin goddamnit

>but it has a obnoxious scope mount you can use
*can't use

Eh you actually had a pretty good chance of finding a weapon in the big cities but obviously those were usually packed with snipers and dudes with crowbars like yourself trying to get a gun. Staying near the small towns didn't give you shit weapon wise except maybe a pistol or double barrel.

I’d play that route. Min was fucking great

>low crawling around zombies at the Stary tents while your sniper friend spots and gives you directions from the big red shed

Last I heard they removed the stary tents in standalone. I stopped playing though way back before standalone was ever released. Anything similar to the original mod these days?

No clue man. Standalone was an unplayable mess years ago before my machine bricked. Saw a yt video that said the newest update was pretty good. What a tragedy though.

This couldn't be further from reality.... as the "fudds" are the ones with the AR "Collection" and crates of nuggets and 10k minimum rounds for every caliber! This is where the Auto's and Canons that actually fire reside too!