Knives, axes, virgin sticks (samurai swords) and most sharp things

since i haven't seen one of these in a while so i hope there are "blacksmiths"(weebs in skinsuits) that also appreciate this topic,

Attached: tanto kniv.jpg (1000x662, 222K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KXt_od8GDO4
youtube.com/watch?v=gPUy3bDbfXc&t=172s
youtube.com/watch?v=z8PT_mcMivY
caltoncutlery.com/shop/neckers/my-pattern-necker-in-1095-and-tulipwood/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

anyone know what steel this thing has? i bought two for a dollar hoping it was 01 tool steel but i'm not sure

Attached: insexnyckel.jpg (334x151, 3K)

Attached: vxhy7m.jpg (1200x900, 44K)

Attached: timthumb.jpg (960x463, 107K)

here is a well balanced high carbon tomahawk forged from a ball peen hammer. That i did not make myself

Attached: tomahawk.jpg (1947x2906, 497K)

Worth $600?

youtube.com/watch?v=KXt_od8GDO4

Attached: Miller.png (1896x811, 1.51M)

Attached: CBEE7AE0-895F-404A-A298-D44D4DD37285.jpg (360x480, 36K)

Attached: 92832AD3-6F7F-4958-8F1E-7990FF9D9BBA.jpg (4032x3024, 1.94M)

Attached: 182F50EB-CD6B-4A85-9C0F-71FA0CCC6E53.jpg (3264x2448, 2.17M)

No.

No idea what it is, but unless it shoots bullets, a 600 dollar knife is never worth it.

I know bayonets make shitty knives (as in they're only good for stabbing)
but should I get the M9, M7, or is there a third option that is better than either?
Thinking of putting it on an AR for shits

Now before you give me crap for said pic. I thought about zombies through fence.. then Jamal coming through windows. Why the hell not have a spear at my bedside.

Attached: Poke.png (514x522, 52K)

Not likely. I have an angle grinder, band saw and cutting torch for doing that type of stuff.

Any new folders come out within the last two or three months?

Yeah a bunch did. There's also always new Spyderco Sprint runs and exclusives coming out.

One knife I am thinking about buying but really shouldn't is the Kershaw knockout exclusive in m390. It's only $100 which is crazy for the blade steel.

OKC3S. Marine Corp bayonet

Attached: CC8DAA95-CC24-429F-A76B-D632742F4242.jpg (1500x1500, 102K)

youtube.com/watch?v=gPUy3bDbfXc&t=172s
if y'all need good folders for dirt cheap just take your pick.

Attached: ganzo firebird F7551.jpg (225x225, 6K)

Ganzo
>good folder
>Cheap
Pick one

well yeah a spear would be good for most places, best would be one you could screw apart to have indoors though. Also never buy any weapon that you intend to use for an apocalypse that is labeled "zombie slayer" or some other bullshit like that

Attached: spear knife.jpg (850x531, 65K)

I recently bought a shepherd's axe - mostly for use as a walking stick (which is the primary use of a shepherd's axe), and for doing axe things while /out/. Also makes a very decent weapon in a pinch.

how often does this "pinch" occur?

Friendly reminder that if you do t carry a hatchet on your belt, and a folding pocket knife in your pocket innawoods, you’re doing everything wrong.

Attached: 29ACE4CA-D7F5-4BD8-97C0-ECAABDE7C756.jpg (4032x3024, 2.02M)

depends on which neighborhood you go walking in.

Seriously, though - the shepherd's axe, also known as ciupaga, valaska, or fokos evolved from axes used by warriors living in the 9th century, in what is present-day Hungary.

Now it's mostly sold (in non functional versions) as souvenirs to tourists visiting Zakopane, but you can get a functional version if you know where to look.

Then it's basically a light axe with a long haft, that doubles as a walking stick.

youtube.com/watch?v=z8PT_mcMivY

so you just walk in to a bar with need for a walking stick, holding an axe and that's normal?

what if I use the aforementioned shepherd's axe as a walking stick?

I'm just glad the virgins and weebs haven't found this thread yet

Attached: opinel 13.jpg (320x180, 12K)

Then you’re a nigger

Judging by the trash posted here they found it just fine actually.

heck no.

That's for hitting the trail, and dealing with ruffians who would seek to waylay you on the trail.

how so? It's a lot more convenient to bring an axe when you can use it to support yourself while hiking in the mountains, or even just going uphill, and aren't limited to just strapping it to your pack/yourself

which one of these would y'all pick in the case of a zombie apocalypse?

Attached: yxa.jpg (399x500, 15K)

Attached: spiked baseball bat.png (1920x1080, 143K)

or nr. 3

Attached: bs survival tool.jpg (630x420, 247K)

I think ive seen you shitting these threads up before. You are a bad person and should be ashamed.

Innawoods multitool

Attached: 39ED948A-7EA0-4C15-B750-53D86684631A.jpg (4032x3024, 2.3M)

A kukri with no wear is heresy

probably, welcome to Jow Forums

Gimme time user. Works been he’ll schedule wise

btw the point is that all those weapons are essentialy garbage

How would anyone know what that's made of from just a picture and why would it even be 01? Some flavor of stainless makes much more sense for hex keys since you basically just need the thing to exist.

and i've made one thread before about the shitty political status in sweden

Not him but you probably shouldn't be hitting people with "welcome to Jow Forums" when you've forgotten to take off your name and you're taking 3 posts to respond to someone.

Attached: Surprise knife attack.jpg (640x1136, 156K)

Time granted

At least he isn't samefagging and responding to his own posts.

yeah that's true

Yeah at least there's that.

Attached: Tod cutler 12th-17thC quillon_dagger.jpg (1024x768, 172K)

Anyone recognize this knife? I saved the pic a while back and i've been trying to find one forever.

Attached: 1527428673969.jpg (550x367, 22K)

It's a true gravity knife (as opposed to the often BS legal definition of gravity knife), probably German.

that's like the nordic version of a katana

Thanks user. It is indeed a german paratrooper gravity knife. A reproduction is a hefty $100, so time to start saving I guess.

?

Attached: Microtech knife tattoo.png (500x686, 257K)

M8. Just go buy known steel if you are making a for realz tool. It is not very expensive, and you can know exactly what kind of heat team treatment to perform. Working with unknown scrap is only worth it for non heat treated items. If you give the wrong heat treatment, you could crack it all to hell, warp it, do nothing, etc. Imagine spending all the time to forge and grind a knife only to find out it was 1018 and only can be hardened via case hardening. Or that you water quenched A1 and it shattered.

there's nothing nordic about that.

yeah but i live in sweden, we don't have hardware stores. i work almost completely with scraps and it works fine. I mostly use hammers and car springs but found these really cheap at a thrift store.

I need a good fixed knife for edc, a good one that'll be easy to shove in a pocket or a bag, anyone have any recs?

>fixed knife
>edc
Unless you're in the woods everyday no.

what's your budget?
Pic related if you can spend $160
ltwk next gen for around $130
izula 2 for $70

Attached: 20170927_175411.jpg (4128x2322, 2.28M)

Why not?

Becker BK14, ESEE Izula.

why not? a 3'' fixed blade is just about perfect for edc

Pointless bulk.

is that a swamprat? looks sharp as fuck still.

Sorry
was meant for

I've used folders for EDC and I find that they're occasionally not strong enough or that their ability to fold only slightly mitigates the size issues.

What model is that?

>What model is that?

one of these: caltoncutlery.com/shop/neckers/my-pattern-necker-in-1095-and-tulipwood/

although mine is only 0.010'' thick behind the edge, but you really can't go wrong with one of Joe's knives.

Order online my man. You think normal hardware stores in the US have any steel other than a36 or 1018 (or 304 stainless if you want to count that). I assume you don't have any steel yard or vendor nearby. But there's got to be something in your country you can order from. Or a nearby country.

scraps work fine
steel is too expensive online due to shipping costs

hardly. is only 2.4 ounces with the sheath, and worn under the shirt, you don't really know it's there.

Then there are even less bulky knives, like skeletonized handle ones.

Attached: AF4AE62C-8DA8-488A-B5F3-B531FEE89C79.jpg (2050x1536, 515K)

>pretentious
>horrible design

It's almost as if you WANT a knife that's uncomfortable.

Works fine for me. Doubt you even know what it is let alone handled one.

>Works fine for me
yeah, I can tell from the pristine, never used appearance of the blade.

Besides CRK HT being absolute dogshit until a couple of years ago, when Chris got kicked out, that handle is purpose-built to be shit in your hand in any other grip, save one.

heck, spartan blades is 300x better, and I still consider them gimmicky.

Maybe you do but I don’t beat the shit out of my stuff.

>handle purpose-built to be shit in your hand

Try to be more retarded. Please? I wanna see how far you can go.

I live in a largest city of my country and daily carry a fixed Mora.

oh, I see, you're one of those people who think just smearing choils, and other pseudo-ergonomic "features" over your knife, to make it comfortable in only one grip is proper knife design.

here's an example of what a good knife handle looks like.

Attached: 20170927_174115.jpg (4128x2322, 3.04M)

been carrying an electricians tool pouch on my belt for 20 years, dont even notice carrying a fixed blade knife. oh thats right jamal, you dont wear a belt with basketball shorts

Not at all, but to say something was designed to be shit is just fucking stupid. I understand your opinion but I don’t agree. That knife there in my opinion looks slick as fuck and it would roll and slip right out of your hand. If you want to have a decent conversation don’t just jump on something you don’t agree with and start tossing shit around like a chimp.

lol people have been using knives like that for thousands of years. maybe try to strengthen your grip junior

i kinda agree, that handle looks a little too round but it's way better than the spooky scary skeleton knife

>looks slick as fuck
>obvious canvas micarta with clear signs of long usage

u wat m8?

"designed to be shit" was a slight exaggeration on my part, but you get the picture. that CRK is a breed of tacticool knives, with profiled handles, which I really dislike. There's a reason most puukkos have simple, barrell handles.

Attached: 20171022_093428.jpg (4128x2322, 3.89M)

Just because it’s old doesn’t always mean it’s good.

it's oval, not round. Doesn't take much of an oval shape either. Just enough to not be a circle.

On the other hand, you want enough meat near the blade, to not wiggle (only flaw izzie2 has in my opinion, besides being a bit too thick, but that I can live with, and it's still a great edc)

no, but being used in that form for 100+ years is usually a pretty good indication of a tried and true design.

True but without innovation nothing would get any better

How do you want to "innovate" with knife design? A blade, and a handle is all you need. If you try to reinvent the wheel, you'll end up making another tracker.

Heck - even the "super steels" tailor-made for knives, don't always give you an advantage over 1095.

Got any recommendations? I got a bunch of knives but no hatchet to add to the collection.

1 would be fine if it had a wood handle.

Swedish made ones. Don’t get the husqavarna though, Wellings, gransfros bruk (what I have in pic, best axe ever)

or you can get a custom, but that's a bit snobbish

>you basically just need the thing to exist
I am not the original faggot but I disagree. Pic related is what we need for SMT machine maintenance. Life sucks when a Bondhus wrench shatters in your hand. You will be lucky if you do not need sutures. There is a true need for some people for legit hex keys.

Attached: pb.swiss.jpg (660x183, 30K)

what about hultafors?

you can buy very functional screw together spears for boar hunt they are sold over Europe because its the traditional end to the hunt

looks unused

Its a german paratrooper or luftwaffe gravity knife . I have one that my great grandpa brought back after the war. Real ones seem to be fairly rare and run about $1000-1500 , at least what i could find on google

Attached: 20180405_150122.jpg (3264x1836, 2.33M)

Hey

Attached: IMG_2503.jpg (4608x3456, 2.56M)

You're such a massive faggot. You havent even handled one.

Spartan Blades are designed by the same man, Bill Harsey, you stupid fucking idiot

Attached: IMG_2504.jpg (4608x3456, 2.72M)

>manly tears gets an opinel switchblade for Christmas

Why are Mora's so good for the price? How the hell were they able to get what almost anyone who used one considered a very good knife down to $20?
They had to cut some corners, right?

Attached: 12342314213421.jpg (1024x768, 303K)

Someone's salty.
Cry more, it amuses me. Impress md enough, and i might tell you how to find a good knife.

Such a faggot, you're not telling shit to anyone

Attached: IMG_2511.jpg (4608x3456, 2.95M)

1 out of these 3 is barely acceptable. Try harder.