Sks catastrophic failures

Are there any pictures/documented instances of an SKS kabooming? I've always thought they were incredibly strong, and safe guns

Attached: IMG_8095.jpg (900x400, 147K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thefirearmblog.com/blog/2009/06/08/double-feed-in-sks-kills-operator-a-warning-to-all-of-us/
youtube.com/watch?v=j39DYJEJ9i8
youtube.com/watch?v=Cm26jlUV_O4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

nyet rifle fine

no
/thread

Is it because the SKS is unbelievably strong, or because people don't reload 7.62x39 often, so theres less of a chance to fuck up and overcharge the ammo

>had my Norinco SKS for 10 years
>had ONE misfire caused by me chambering the same round over and over probably 30+ times (the ammo was cheap thus the primer was easily "indented" by the free floating firing pin, so when the hammer dropped, the firing pin couldn't get enough "impact" on the primer to set it off)
That's literally the only "malfunction" I've ever had with the thing. And it wasn't the gun's fault.
Love the fucking SKS.

Attached: 1528640118485.png (720x775, 454K)

I had read an article relating of an incident with a failure to extract a live round and the subsequent racking of the bolt drove the next round into the primer. I don't know if there's any truth to it though.

i have had mine fail to feed while shooting rusted steel case ammo.

Shitty but the gun didn't explode
I'm talking about catastrophic failures that results in death/finger loss, not a falure to feed or other minor failures

then you probably wont find anything.
this is the worst that i could see hapening and i doubbt it would cause much harm other than gas burns/ light shrapnel from OOB detonation.
with eye protection on i doubt much harm would be had.

>I'm talking about catastrophic failures that results in death/ finger loss
I doubt such incidents are possible unless someone is being an asshole with the gun (intentionally obstructing the bore and firing it, etc.)
Why the concern?

Attached: 1523078473786.png (289x240, 142K)

Because when I google "AR 15 explodes" I see pages of mangled guns, but when I google "sks explodes" I see jack shit

I found that article thefirearmblog.com/blog/2009/06/08/double-feed-in-sks-kills-operator-a-warning-to-all-of-us/

I've fired a pressed round from my AKM out of my SKS. (Bullet pushed into powder) it was so over pressured the casing flew twice the distance as a standard round. I did stand and think it over, being alone in the middle of nowhere in Alaska...

Maybe SKS > AR-15
:)

Attached: 1519682547643.png (895x565, 399K)

doublefeeds can cause fingerloss or death. second round acts as firing pin and hits the chambered rounds primer. theres dumbasses that hurt themselves with mosins doing that

Why do you think they were used in Vietnam?

Because it's what they got from China

Never had any problems with mine, the rifle is fine desu

They have a chance to slam fire if not cleaned at all.

the SKS is stupid

If you fire it too much the sear can wear down and it will slamfire.

Maybe you're right

Attached: download (1).jpg (146x186, 4K)

Because there's countless photos of NVA and VC using them. Are you retarded?

Both honestly
The SKS is overbuilt as fuck for what it is, keep in mind we were just coming out of an era where every rifle was in a full sized cartridge and about 9Ibs for a rifle with a 5 round magazine was the norm, people weren't just going to make a 6Ibs 7.62x39 rifle out of the gate.

"SKS explodes" is just normal operation

Probably had something to do with the 30 round detachable magazine I have 2 and they didn't/don't cycle correctly.

Hijacking this thread to discuss two things:
1. are there any detachable mag solutions that arent shit? how hard is the machining work to make AK mags fit? I fucking hate duckbills and I hate using the SKSs mag release
2. how are the front sights attached? are they pressed or welded? I'm thinking about trying to modify my norinco sks into a paratrooper model

This happened. The shrapnel from the ruptured case went into the kid's abdomen (he was firing the gun from the hip at the time, possibly trying to bump fire) and he bled out on the way to the hospital :(

youtube.com/watch?v=j39DYJEJ9i8
youtube.com/watch?v=Cm26jlUV_O4

that is not why sks slamfires user

You're stupid.

Attached: 1529252279443.gif (352x240, 854K)

Bubba stop

Periodicly inspect and lubricate the firing pin, and you will be fine.

chinese SKS with glass on it at a shop up the road for $250.
should i grab it?

yes