So apparently the Russins have hooked a UCAV into a parent PAK-FA...

vz.ru/news/2018/6/26/929668.html

So apparently the Russins have hooked a UCAV into a parent PAK-FA. Where the PAK-FA pilot controls the UCAV using his cockpit. A literal copy of the new Chinese Super UCAV. Why not just buy Chinese?

Attached: m929668.jpg (300x233, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/2tz40h/legend_has_it_that_dummy_blueprints_for_the/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Atomics_Avenger
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sears–Haack_body
desuarchive.org/k/thread/36397377/#36406110
desuarchive.org/k/thread/36397377/#q36406215
youtube.com/watch?v=VFWbuKr5-I8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

sure thing buddy

>Why not just buy Chinese?
well then how are you going to acronym the acronym onto the acronym so you get another acronym?

>A literal copy of the new Chinese Super UCAV.
you're an idiot. the development of that UCAV started in 2012. That's 6 years ago and it can't be a copy of a chinese one.
>Why not just buy Chinese?
because it's chinkshit.

also, you have no fucking clue why all the UCAVs are gonna look the same. if you studied aerodynamics, you'd realize why in an in instant.

Attached: 1499638325602.jpg (1950x1150, 143K)

>if you studied aerodynamics, you'd realize why in an in instant.
Why?

t. hasn't studied aerodynamics.

because math.

Explain. I unironically don't get it.

>hook a drone to a mothership
> buy chinese

Gee, I wonder who did that already some 50 years ago...

Attached: e3dfc21bdce67a0402c98c3d0dacc2e5.jpg (732x512, 50K)

Certain aerodynamic shapes are more efficient at certain speeds. Therefore the shape of the plane is directly related to the most typical aerodynamic force it will encounter. Due to stealth shaping requirements, this also has implications of aerodynamic shaping.

Why? To reduce the drag and increase efficiency of the flying object during its typical operations.

I see, thanks.

So it can use a ucav, but not drop any pgms

doubt.jpg

Explain the vast differences in airframe shapes all throughout history.

Nobody things a F-16 looks like a Mig-35.

Do really need to having explained to you why a single engine design looks different from a two engine design?

Attached: mfw pilot.png (600x600, 100K)

>both are short range light weight lo fighters

Nobody things an F-18 looks like a Mig-35. Nobody things any cold war jet looks like the other sides cold war jet.

Yet, post cold war when the west took a massive lead, lo and behold the others jets somehow start looking exactly like the wests.

HMMMMMMmmmm, makes you think.

What are you even ranting about?

>Nobody things any cold war jet looks like the other sides cold war jet
Concorde and Tu-144 are both cold war era jets, which share the task of being the civilian supersonic passenger planes. And they look alsmost the same.

Because the Tu-144 is a literal copy of the Concorde, courtesy of the KGB.

> is a literal copy of the Concorde
*le doubtful birdy meme*

There's an excellent summary of their spying on the Concorde here: reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/2tz40h/legend_has_it_that_dummy_blueprints_for_the/

>inb4 muh reddit

>And they look alsmost the same.
They different looking actually, the landing mode especially

for what purpose? Surely in almost all cases it's just another layer of inefficiency between you and putting a standoff weapon on target

>for what purpose?
For the purpose of appearing relevant.

Attached: wpjqo8j5lgi01.png (2741x2958, 822K)

This level of asshurt.

There are actually only so many ways to design a jet fighter, when you add strict requirements you reduce the number of planforms that are viable (IE; VTOL, hence why the yak141 and the F-35 look similar), stealth has reduced these substantially.
This is especially true for subsonic stealthy UCAVs, a blended body flying wing just so happens to be the best planform for both high subsonic cruise and low RCS.
the only other shape i have seen for stealthy subsonic UCAVS is the Kratos/Barracuda/Boeing MQ-25 planform.

>hence why the yak141 and the F-35 look similar
Yeah, no.

>the only other shape i have seen for stealthy subsonic UCAVS is the Kratos/Barracuda/Boeing MQ-25 planform.
Yeah no.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Atomics_Avenger

They have exactly the same planform (even more obvious with the larger Yak-43) with the F-35 being stealth optimised.

Lockheed didn't copy Yakolev, the development was parallel, it's simply the reality that if you want a two post lift system and you want to be efficient that's how you design your aircraft.

That's the same planform as the Boeing MQ-25; swept wing, rudder-vator and upper body intake, just less obvious stealth shaping because it's not as stealthy.

>They have exactly the same planform
nope.

Post a pic side by side, prove me wrong.

>That's the same planform as the Boeing MQ-25
lol, you are such an idiot.

For starters, one has a TAIL, the other DOES NOT.

Do the harrier and yak-38 look the same?

>upper body intake
The intake is different though.

It's one extra layer of separation to keep the pilot safe from harm. If retaliatory fire tracks where a missile came from it would only find and hit the drone. Since the craft is a lot closer than trying to control a drone from across the globe using satellites that would go down the instant a war starts, there is a layer of "low tech" practicality there.

But then you really have to ask if the fighter itself needs to be stealthy or a fighter to begin with. Might as well build flying carriers with small drones attached to the side that do all of the fighting.

Both are based on designs created before current rapid computer test models for airflow and understandings of RCS reduction shaping where in place.

>com sats will go down instant war starts
>GTO satellites will go down instantly war starts

how about don't post bs misinformation ?

you can put this in one post you know

You've seen the vatnik meme image right?

They both look like pic related, and yes it does have a tail it's just at a shallow angle.

Harrier doesn't use a two post system, all of it's lifting thrust comes from roughly the same place because of it's direct lift design, this means it has to be short and fat as the engine needs to be placed at the center of mass and the engine needs to be a high bypass turbofan to generate enough first stage bleed air; otherwise they are actually pretty similar honestly by virtue of them both being high subsonic designs, they both have the same planform, the Harrier is just squatter due to it's engine position.

Attached: Tacitblue.jpg (780x519, 52K)

>Certain aerodynamic shapes are more efficient at certain speeds. Therefore the shape of the plane is directly related to the most typical aerodynamic force it will encounter. Due to stealth shaping requirements, this also has implications of aerodynamic shaping.
Question, ignoring stealth and technical limitations what is the ideal aerodynamic shape? Assuming there's two separate aircraft designs, one subsonic and another a supersonic mach 2 aircraft.

>But then you really have to ask if the fighter itself needs to be stealthy or a fighter to begin with.
Yes it does, otherwise you are Broadcasting your control site, if you make the pilot take a basic evasive maneuver to avoid a long shot from a SAM you have prevented him using the drone effectively

ok that's one difference, Boundary flow intakes are still fairly high risk and Boeing is a research leader here.

depends what you want them to do?
If it's just cruise at those speeds and you aren't concerned about payload or take-off run then you are looking at a Blended body flying wing for high subsonic and a single tailed delta wing (ie-Concorde) for high supersonic.

>Boeing MQ-25 has a tail

Feel free to point it out.

Attached: lmsw-mq-25a_landing2-1024x666.jpg (1024x666, 138K)

see en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sears–Haack_body

I can't explain the shapes themselves in details, but I can explain the conceptual ideas.
In a subsonic design air is fluid, this leads to sweeping sexy curves
In a supersonic design you are treating air as fuctionally solid, this encourages narrow sharp and long designs, the nose will deflect most of the airflow and you want the wings etc inside that shock cone

That's Lockheed's MQ-25 you massive retard, pic related is Boeing's entry for the competition.

Attached: IMG_7844.jpg (1920x1079, 108K)

But that's the Lockheed Martin MQ-25 user.

Attached: hehe.gif (1920x1070, 2.26M)

>Tu-144 is a literal copy of the Concorde
Westshit butthurt, lol.
>reddit.com
Lol.

Stay mad.

Attached: Screenshot-2018-1-12 List of countries by GDP (PPP) - Wikipedia.png (532x446, 21K)

>Konkordsky
>not a copy

>Westfags
>Not mad about being #2
Stay #2.

Attached: tu-144 & concorde (2).jpg (3840x2160, 1.88M)

What PGM? I heard it dropped a JASSM-ER equivalent in Syria.

>Because the Tu-144 is a literal copy of the Concorde

No, they couldn't afford to build a real copy.

Its always lovely how russians think calling someone else for no reason mad is somewhat an arguement or a valid response, when it is just a literal childlike answer.

Not the other guy.

>Meanwhile in real life westshits wanted to copy Tu-144 canards
Why are westfaggots projecting this hard?

Attached: tu-144 (5).jpg (1600x1079, 453K)

>I-it's not like I'm mad about being #2 or anything
>[Stays #2 internally]

It couldn't even supercruise

>defending a shitty loud inefficient death trap like the TU 144
ivan please

Attached: 1406779252812.jpg (480x360, 42K)

Why does all the Russian airframes are made in imperial units, instead of decimal?

>cant do anything but continue parroting his infantile responses, because that is all i can do
And then people wonder why russians are universally seen as so arrogant and stupid on the internet.

Attached: 1444297050001.gif (220x315, 1.43M)

>he thinks PPP is real
Of course a krokodil addict would think that.

>>Meanwhile in real life westshits wanted to copy Tu-144 canards
And in actual real life, you know the one that exists outside of Russia, the russians caught wind of the Concord being planed and rushed their own failure of a plane that never could compete with the Concord, which was used til 2003.

you realize those drones failed more than they worked, right?

>Pooland has over twice the economical strength of Vatnikistan using this metric
>Evgeny sees nothing wrong

Only 3rd world poorfags would try to use PPP. I bet you still use a CRT TV and hang carpets on the walls because of shitty insulation.

But you're literally mad.

The posts on anything related to Russia are filled with 30 year old Americunt Boomers who are seething with anger and contempt.

>What is Tu-144D with Kolesov RD-36-51 engines?
Yes it could, imbecile. RD-36-51 is a non-afterburning engine, you fucking clueless dumbfuckistanian retard.
>Defending westshit
>Ever
Westfaggot, please.
Why does your post consist of shit?
>50 years later westfaggot still mad he's #2
Hey, at least you're not a mutt, right? Mutts are so pathetic they didn't even qualify, lol.
>I-i meme you!
Lol.
>He thinks nominal is relevant
Typical shartnik.
>The flight of the Mirage was denied in the original French report of the incident, perhaps because it was engaged in industrial espionage. More recent reports have admitted the existence of the Mirage (and the fact that the Russian crew was not told about the Mirage's flight) though not its role in the crash.
Nah westfaggot, in real life Frenchies admitted they were lying almost on the same level amerishit bitchscum do on daily basis.
>This is what poolanders actually believe
Lol.

Attached: tu-144 & concorde (1).jpg (3840x2160, 1.52M)

So Armatard, do you have a CRT TV and carpets on the walls? You suspiciously avoided the question.

Armatard is having a psychological breakdown about facing reality again, nothing is as sweet as that.

Let us see, if can bring himself to not give me one of his guaranteed (you)s.

Take your meds, schizo.
>Fatnik projections
Lol.

Attached: tu-144 (4).jpg (1024x683, 424K)

Wasnt there someone who found out who he was at some point? Something about a litteral autist shrieking in his moms basement in such a sad state that even I felt pity towards him.

>still not answering the question
Is it a touchy subject? Is it all of that internalized anger against Yeltsin and the Seppos?

I wouldn't be surprised. It takes some special person to go on a forum on a regular basis, answer to everyone with angry comments, while not even trying to make sense. I honestly think he's mentally ill.

>Take your meds
You must have heard that a lot by now.
>projections
Same with this.
>Fatnik
Hearing vatnik so many times must have made you really mad.
So when do you actually start using something of your own? All one can see here is things that were used against you before, you took it and twisted it so you can use it as an answer and called it a day. How simple minded must someone be to only have that?

But its just sad, you know? Trolls is one thing, but proper mental cases?
I'd imagine Eastern European mental health care makes the VA in the US seem like rehab at the fucking Hilton in comparison, so that just makes it even sadder

You probably mean this about armatard:
desuarchive.org/k/thread/36397377/#36406110
desuarchive.org/k/thread/36397377/#q36406215
If not, drop any info you have. Genuine curious over here.

>He thinks nominal is relevant
Nominal is the only ACTUALLY EXISTING measure of GDP. So yes, not only is relevant, it is the ONLY relevant metric.

There's a reason why all economic powerhouses including China use nominal and nominal only, while subhuman shitholes like India or Russia stick to PPP.

No, those were the ones.
Honestly can relate to some of this in a way. My cousin has some kind of Autism/Asbergers-light, and a few cases of him using his retard-strength in a "Of Mice and Men"-esque manner has caused him to pretty much just shut in and hide from people for weeks on end.

Unless you have money or political opponents I doubt you can get mental healthcare in the first place. There's an endless supply of these poor bastards too.

>commieblock

Want to bet it comes with carpets on the walls and CRT TV?

>ignoring stealth and technical limitations what is the ideal aerodynamic shape?
A ball.

Post Your wall and TV, Dima.
I dare You.

He is past the feel sorry for him point for me, he is like a rabid dog by now, it needs to end for him now, one way or the other, there is just pain and suffering for him and everyone in contact with him at this point.

What about, i mean think about it, what about a carpet on the wall, with a CRT TV on it?

He doesnt even dare to post on Jow Forums or Jow Forums through the flags and IDs, pretending to be someone else, sock puppeting and proxy hopping aint so easy there. Probably got burned to many times on KC already, doesnt want to press his luck there where people have a thing for lowcows and doxing.

Marry, fuck, kill: Armatard, Rafalefag, and that chicom-guy that shits up every thread with IMPRESSIVE-posting

Go

>Yes it could, imbecile. RD-36-51 is a non-afterburning engine, you fucking clueless dumbfuckistanian retard.

That was only added to a few of the aircraft. The majority of the Tu-144's flew with after burning engines.

This for middle to high hypersonic, but it’s a little unstable at lower velocities

More like kill, kill and kill.

>that chicom-guy that shits up every thread with IMPRESSIVE-posting
Pretty sure he's been found out to be French.

How? And...why?

the snoot drooped

See your folding canard foreplanes.
Now see the strake below the cockpit.
Exactly the same thing.

Attached: nose_up.jpg (350x229, 12K)

Guys, you hear that?

The silence?

No Armatard answering 20 people at once, despite him doing so moments before.

I must have seen this happening at least 3 times already by now when someone posted the links in . First time when it was posted, he was gone for 2 weeks or so.

You aren't very bright, are you?

they self destructed anyways so as long as they got the pics it was all good.

youtube.com/watch?v=VFWbuKr5-I8
behold, a plane so bad not even russian journalists could sat something good about it.
reminder that anglos will always be superior to slavshit.

What are you on?

Oh you must be quite intelligent then, do elaborate on your point.

I can hear the crickets

The Chinese one began in the mid 2000s

Somebody screencap these posts
one-post kill from here on in whenever he shows up
pity IMPLESSIVEposting doesn't work on bugmen

and? it was in secret just like the other ones. the point is that only few angles work well for stealth and that's why they're all shaped similarly. that doesn't mean they're all copying each other.

He will just deny it, claim that he did not intentionally left and he didnt seen the post. He has done it before, despite it having some kind of effect on him. I mean how often do you otherwise see Armard stop posting spontanoulsy? Usually its spamming all day long and even coming back later to make some of his additional stupid remarks and declare his late victory or something.

Any respite from his retardation is to be sought, no matter how brief
If it works, that's all that counts

Fair point.