Gunsmithing

I want to become a gunsmith.
Where should I start?
What is the best reading material right now?
Who has the best school in the western United States?

Attached: AR-15.jpg (1024x301, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fRte65F_KRk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>become machinist
>can't find work
>become gunsmith

Either (as stated by other user) become a machinist and transfer skills to gunsmithing, or maybe you'll find an accredited online school if you look hard enough. Other Anons, is it possible to become an apprentice gunsmith under a Master of this trade?

Armory certification courses are a good start, occasionally the instructors have contacts that can get you into gunsmithing

Would local Law Enforcement in smaller states/towns/counties have this available?

GA fag here, I got a cousin that is an actual gunsmith, I could ask him and see where he learned, though don't expect an amazing answer. We are hillbillies and he's been doing it for years, but he's very good at it.

Why armory certification?
Go for it. I want to make money sitting around firearms all day.

Yeah, he just watched and read about it A LOT, but it might also have something to do with the fact that he was a mechanic for years.

Like I said, he just watched and read A LOT about it, but he was also a mechanic for years, so go for it. He works on SKS a lot, but he does all sorts of guns. He's very talented, but all you can do is work at it and learn from mistakes and become experienced.

I want to make money at it though. Gotta fund my FAL fetish somehow.

Went to school for it in Oklahoma.
Sporterized a mauser and built a custom 1911. Got a 2 year degree in applied sciences and a certification in gunsmithing. Went on to work for para USA immediately after graduating. I am currently not practicing as it is more of a hobby. I would still consider myself low experience in the field and i am learning something new every day.

Ps
If you do go to a school, my regret is not doing armorer certs whenever they are available.

He makes money at it, trust me. Whole shit load of hillbillies wanna make their SKS automatic and whole lot of other gay shit, you'll do fine. Just take some odd jobs here and there and eventually you can do it.

Was there lots of hands on class work?
I really just don't know where to get started even as a hobbyist. I mean sure I live eat and breathe funs but I can't say I could keep up with Jow Forums and I want to.
How brisk is the odd work? Because I've noticed many shops want prior experience.

Machine work, metallurgy class. I was drunk most of the time but, the first year was a lot of class work and getting your bearings. Second year you could pretty much take on whatever projects you wanted. I refinished a 38 revolver and my grandpas 870. Repaired a featherweight Ithaca 37 and an old singleshot shotty. Some other stuff...i can't remember

Please tell me more about these southern hillbillies and how your cousin provide them automatic SKSs.

Attached: a true kommando.png (500x484, 105K)

SOCIAL COMMENTARY

Um.. I mean... Uh.... I... Uh you see... I uh....

Depends on how you to, start with your guns at first. then move onto your friends, ask if they have any work they want for a good price. Be enterprising, get out there. Just be careful of ATF

Semi-Auto, or Fully Semi Automatic?

So in other words... Repair anything that's broken, and be weary of federal/state/local laws.

Exactly. My cousin, we'll call him J, says it was just something he was interested in doing. He watched and read a lot, and he definitely went through some trial and error.

PS
you can do more than just fix shit, you can make modifications if you really wanna go for it, do what you want. If you're learning, then you're learning. Just be careful, people will get pissed off if you fuck up their guns, so make sure you learn what to do.

All my hardware is in top shape. I'm simple preferring vanilla weapons only adjusting sights.
I've got an old ivory handle revolver that's out of time.
Isn't that kinda jumping into the deep end though?

He takes the Semi-auto ones, does some hillbilly jury rigging shit, and makes them full-auto.
They're not the best and they may jam up like hell because they're semi-auto guns, but holy shit they're fun as hell.

fbpbpbpbpbppppbbpbppbt

You know what... If you're gonna do a jury rigging who's legality is questionable then go ahead and risk breaking the gun.

It can be. Take your time. Learn from what you do. You won't learn this shit over night. He sure didn't.

I'm the man who posted the "Not ATF" pic. And don't worry, I am truly not a BATFag.
You need to contact your cousin and tell him you fucked up on the Internet and told the ATF about his backyard VZ58s. Don't use mail or your current phone, both of you are probably already monitored.
I fucking hope you are not the same poster. You really want to kill your cousin's dog ?

That's true. I should probably word that better.
He did this first with his guns, he has made a lot of mistakes but fuck it, no one's gonna shoot him for breaking his own guns, except maybe his wife. So before you go onto other people's guns, know what you're doing.
He didn't go to school for gunsmithing and we're all a bunch of hillbillies, so don't believe my word is law.

>damn, i should tell him about the moonshine still too.
Wait, shit.

I only just got on Jow Forums and I've already fucked up.
I'm a fool.
I'm a fool in a man's shoes.

Attached: 1529525663245.png (568x454, 367K)

kek

in the west there's trinidad and colorado school of trades. I don't advise online or video learning courses. armorer courses are ok to get the certs but don't expect them to teach you anything good. for reading material the series of books by jerry kuhnhausen are great.

you mean
>become gunsmith
>become poor
>do machinist work to make money

>cant find work
Where u live every shop production and otherwise is hiring by me a lot of production monkies get at least 18 a hour

I heard his cousins moonshine still is behind the dog kennel

Become a machinist then apply those skills to gunsmithing

>go to Pakistan
>accept Islam
>Let cave hermits teach you the way of the forge
>Marry a light brown skinned Pakistani qt
>start your life as weapons salesman
youtube.com/watch?v=fRte65F_KRk

Attached: 9.-Urwa-Hocane.jpg (500x650, 49K)

ITT:
OP gets his cousins dog shot

Unironically might do this. I doubt they'll ask me for certificates if I tell them I just want to make guns.

learn the basics of how guns work first

Already understood that's why I'm wanting to move on.

>Go to Pakistan
How about no? Pajeets are bad enough when they're not Muslim zealots