New gun 9mm. How far should I be able to push that round effectively?

New gun 9mm. How far should I be able to push that round effectively?

Attached: 96E1C5ED-34E6-4A6C-9C5E-E089111FCF5F.jpg (4032x3024, 2.13M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_wXFf34bB34
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

about 19mm

If you truly didn't research this before you bought it, you are severely retarded.

+p probably out to around 200yds

I'd say at least ten yards, maybe even 12

125yrds is really pushing it

Go outside and throw a 9mm round as far as you can. Prolly twice that distance (and I'm giving you the benefit of doubt on how far you can throw)

If you had some oil and a metal surface or access to a ice rink I can't see why you couldn't push it 20 yards or more.

Im sure you will be able to shoot and hit a man sized target at 400 meters without wind and a basic optic, but the impact of the bullet will be as hard as if you threw it by hand at that range.

is this curling or shuffleboard?

Depends on how strong you are and what you're pushing it over. A field of grass not more than a few feet. A freshly done ice rink, easily one end to the other

I own a CX4 and
>100 yards effective range
even out of a full length barrel it's traveling slow as shit past a certain distance. 9x19 doesn't gain much fps from a full length rifle barrel. Drop is... ok. It was pretty easy to sight in a red dot for "long range" rifle shooting and on a pistol range it shoots maybe 6-8" high at 25 yards.

Fun fact, if you are standing maybe 15-20 feet to the side at 100 yards you can see the bullets zip through the air

very easy though to put a standing unsupported palm sized grouping on a target at 25-50 yards. minute of hallway distances sub 25 yards and a 9mm pistol caliber carbine is a fucking laserpointer.

Attached: stub nose CX4.jpg (1024x764, 125K)

I've hit 12" steel gongs consistently at 200 yds with a 9mm AR

I wouldn't shoot for groups that far but you'd be surprised how far you can get hits with it

I'm the berettafag

I wonder if a rifle burn rate powder loading of 9mm would actually get the benefit of a 16" barrel.100 yards is about the effective mostly flat trajectory limit for standard 115gr and 124gr ball. at 200 yards there is 3 feet of drop and at 250 there is fucking 6. At 3 feet there is literally 12 feet of drop yet less than 25% fps loss. standard +p 125gr is the same.

>*at 300 yards there is literally 12 feet of drop

A hundred yards sounds really low for that sized gun. I really doubt people with sten's waited till they were in 100-50-25 yards. Even my 4 inch feels like it'd be able to hit 50 realistically(if I take a few shots) somewhat consistently.

9mm drops 32 inches at 200 yards
at 100 yards it shoots a quarter inch high on the downward side of it's trajectory.

pistol rounds drop like fucking rocks. 9mm is actually one of the best but it's effective range really is sub 100 yards. But it's near flat trajectory for all 100 yards where if a gun will string high ~1-3" at any range in between.

I wonder how 357 sig would perform cause i keep hearing its a flat shooting projectile inside 100 yards

If you had a 16" barrel you would lose maneuverability that is the advantage of most short barrel PCCs.

not all of us are patient enough for that
>or want to spend $200 on top of $600 to cut 4 inches off your rifle barrel

for 9mm everything from +P+ to basic ball ammo immediately starts petering out after 100 yards. not sure if it is bullet cross section or if it is just because even buffalo bore is using pistol powder and load data optimized for complete burn from a 4.5-6" barrel.

youtu.be/_wXFf34bB34