Place an order for my first 10/22 carbine

>place an order for my first 10/22 carbine
>10 day waiting period
>almost over
>within that time I have researched everything about aftermarket parts
>ordered basically replacement parts for EVERYTHING
>spent 3x more on parts than the rifle itself

What the fuck just happened. Feels like some autistic obsessive wave took over me.

Attached: 1539064632554.jpg (259x194, 5K)

That's how Ruger sells 10/22s.

Get ready for round two, where you fill with rage as you realize you straight-up won't use most of what Ruger sold you.

>buy 10/22
>ehh that stock is kinda iffy
>ehh that bolt can go
>repeat ad infinitum
>now have aftermarket 10/22 and an unraveled factory 10/22
>you now have another factory 10/22 to replace parts for
>the cycle begins anew

Ruger of Theseus

Fucking lol

My cousin did same thing, and never shot it factory stock so like what the point? My brother slowly upgraded his and at least has targets saved from factory groupings at 50 yards and then how every so slightly better it groups now after $1000 in parts swapped out of it.

Honestly the Ruger BX trigger, and Boyd's stock do everything to make them a tack driver. People swear the stock barrel sucks but it really doesn't, even with the barrel band clamp. Accuracy is about consistency and that clamp has the same tension on every single shot and there's nothing to make shots erratic.

Now get the 3 pound wonder 70pss for ultimate high speed no drag

Attached: maxresdefault (4).jpg (1920x1080, 179K)

I know, my brother offered me his old trigger, stock, barrel, etc and for $89 I can get the Brownells receiver, and have a shit platform and then I'm gonna lust after aftermarket shit....

>10 day waiting period
Ha Ha!

The barrels are by far the most controversial. but they're not for 'upgrades.' thats the one part that should be left as strictly replacement when you chip your crown on the factory barrel. same thing for the factory bolt which is just kind of bad...

>wasting money upgrading a .22
The rifle works perfectly fine from the factory, is it really worth it to spend hundreds of dollars to get a ever so slightly better gun for plinking tin cans and squirrels?

Umm cans and squirrels no, but making 1 MOA groups at any given distance out to ~140 yards, they're totally worth it. It's feels great to do more with less. Especially when other options are shooting rounds that cost $0.75-$1 each, and you're ringing bullseyes and accomplishing the same task with rounds that cost 4 cents each.

works fine sure. never said it cant shoot, i respect the 10/22 in all its economic glory. It's truly american.

But... it can get shinier...

and basically this. you spend some more for a gun that drives tacks, thousands of tacks, for only tens of dollars

At my range people mostly huddle around the 100m line by far the most. Why shoot expensive centerfire if rimfire does the same thing?

I want a papoose...

The only things worth getting for a Ruger 10/22 are:
>18" bull barrel
>25rd mags
>Illuminated reticule sight
>Improved trigger group
>Laminated wood silhouette style stock
>Muzzle brake

>Muzzle break
>.22lr
Okay mossberg

Attached: F0478954-81CC-4310-A218-018C81CF732F.jpg (500x400, 48K)

i got a bolt, too. and im going to replace the receiver. because i just love machinists and think they deserve money.

Yeah, the bolt & the receiver don't need much work.

I remember when I bought a 10/22. I was 14, bought it used, had no money left over. I still have that same rifle another 15 years later and never bought a single part or accessory for it because lol it's a 10/22.

You got suckered OP.

i didnt get suckered, you 30 y.o boomer. I just like nice stuff. DO YOU?

Yes. I do like nice things and I can afford them because I don't blow all my money on 10/22 accessories.

what's nice to you, then?

hookers

Dinner at apple bees every other weekend

fursuits

Norwegian military rations

Attached: 1607c1b0-e764-11e6-967b-c88452263daf.jpg (2048x1152, 315K)

A good cup of coffee first thing in the morning.

Based