Is a double barreled shotgun any use during a survival situation, or would a mossberg 500 be a better gun?

Is a double barreled shotgun any use during a survival situation, or would a mossberg 500 be a better gun?

Attached: lobanov2.jpg (315x226, 27K)

Capacity, capacity, capacity.

This

What are you an old farmer?

Seeing as stalker is constantly brought up, i thought i might bring it up because its constantly used

There is nothing that a twin barrel does better than another shotgun. The only reason why people actively think they're better is because video games balance them as literal cannons to compensate for only two shots before reloading. Its the same type of gauge, itll do the same damage. The Mossberg 500's capacity is the reason why it beats out the competition by a landslide.

>not using the gat hat instead

Attached: 1538184897125.jpg (439x550, 96K)

The only thing double barrels are nice for, is that they can be very well-balanced and comfortable for shooting clays/birds. Especially once you start going over the ~$1500 price line or even get one custom made.

Otherwise, they are outclassed by any other type of shotgun other than single shot and maybe bolt-action shotguns.

The only time they're common is in places where better shotguns (pump, semi-auto) aren't as available due to laws, or historical settings like before pumps existed or were available. They're neat as shit, but to answer OP's question a pump that holds 4 or more is way better than a double barrel in terms of usefulness

The only thing I can think of that any break-action type shotgun (single or double barrel) has over a repeater is the ability to use those neato cartridge conversion inserts, so you can shoot whatever random ammo you find through your shotgun. Honestly, I think that's of pretty marginal utility.

Well, also break action shotguns tend to be shorter, since there's no need for a bolt to travel back and forth, and possibly lighter, especially for a single barrel.

If I was constantly on the move, hunting and gathering and living off the land, and I didn't think I would get in any gunfights, a single barrel 12-gauge would be a pretty good light-weight packable meat-getter. But if I'm at home on the farm, and I've got a rack fulla guns... I'd prefer a pump.

you can get some 10'' rifled adapters to fit it called Xcaliber

Shotgun thread? I bought one of these today for $230 shipped

Attached: 51ABCE0E-8D33-436E-903F-3DEE72CCE917.jpg (1350x900, 491K)

Ohio National Guard surplus.

Attached: 7129ABFC-D0C5-4B33-A592-A2B6D0767E13.jpg (1350x900, 778K)

Nice! Where'd you get yours? What's that crazy muzzle device?

One day I'll make a double Mosin in honor of Lobanov.

Attached: 1521339173689.jpg (1165x1654, 742K)

Nice. I snagged one of the folders when it was first posted. Cant wait to see what condition its in!

Sportsman outdoor had about a thousand of these posted earlier today. Around 700 of the fixed stock and 3-400 of the folders. The folders were only $240 shipped, which is a kooky good deal. They sold out in about an hour, and the fixed stock sold out in about 4 hours.

The muzzle device is a bayonet adapter/lug

Attached: 870-ONG-FOLDING-1 (1).jpg (1350x900, 488K)

Mossman 500 is okay, but it's no double nugget.

Pic related: why would you settle for the compromise of so-called "universal short rifle", when you can have glorious weapon of fatherland that is of combining full benefit of long rifle and carbine?

order now and receive free blue turkey with each double nugget!

Attached: A.P.Lobanov.jpg (1063x750, 249K)

Oof, might have to snag myself one too.

Attached: 1522994494840.jpg (1920x1040, 55K)

It doesn't even have a stellar capacity compared to other pumps though.

A 26" double barrel is about as long as a 20" pump, and some. 18.5" pumps. And semi autos.

Break actions allows. Caliber adapters, allowing you to use 8" rifled 22lr, 9mm, 45acp. My next gun Wil be a SxS or o/u.

I was this close | | to buying a folding stock version. I had it in my cart and was about to put my info in and decided not to. I should have got one of each desu. I think the folding stock and bayonet adapter are worth more than $240.

The date codes on some of the barrels are showing 1972 from the pics. I guess the Ohio National Guard learned that shotguns may be better for crowd control than M1 Garands.

They’re all gone last I looked.

Attached: 67B07A6F-89B0-4B6F-A779-C36DCC78324E.jpg (1350x900, 574K)