So it turns out that its totally legal (and unregulated) to own and fire muzzleloading cannons...

So it turns out that its totally legal (and unregulated) to own and fire muzzleloading cannons, as long as you use solid shot.

Would it be possible/legal, if one were so inclined, to equip a semi truck with a bunch of them for devastating drive-by broadsides? Asking for a friend.

Attached: cannons.jpg (1200x1800, 425K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7TQI62C0Hoo&bpctr=1540009121
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>legal (and unregulated) to own and fire muzzleloading cannons
>therefore it must also be legal to destroy other peoples property with them

go for it

>destroying peoples property
Who said anything about that?

GIVE THESE NIGGAS A VOLLEY AND GOD SAVE DAQUAN

Not that user but-
>Would it be possible/legal, if one were so inclined, to equip a semi truck with a bunch of them for devastating drive-by broadsides?
OP said that.

did you read OP?

what if he lives in an urban environment that is prone to riots because a future doctor was shot while trying to rob someone?

Purpose does not imply intention. We buy dozens of guns justified by our second amendment rights and yet we're not using them to fight tyranny. Jesus this board is so pedantically autistic, why cant you just indulge truck-of-the-line fantasies without sperging out over phrasing.

>god save daquan

Attached: 1537884466149m.jpg (862x1024, 115K)

This

Yes its legal just shoot them on private property and keep them unloaded while traveling on public roads

OP word for word said 'equip a semi truck with a bunch of them for devastating drive-by broadsides'.
We are replying to someone who asked who said anything about destroying others property.
I don't know why you can't keep up with this. If you don't like the board you don't have to stay here.

Would you have to take it through weigh stations? What would you say.
>My cargo? Of course sir... it's just two dozen 24-pound carronades.

What the fuck are you talking about. Broadside just implies shooting all the guns on one side in sequence. Absolutely nothing was said about destroying life or property.
>i want to shoot my guns
>omg its illegal to kill people, why are you talking about shooting people
Basically what you're doing right now.

>to equip a semi truck with a bunch of them for devastating drive-by broadsides
I understand what broadside means. Do you understand what 'drive-by' means?

Doing something from inside a vehicle while in motion.
>shooting other peoples property... error: not found

I know rite

My hands are equipped for crushing your puny brainlet braincase. Are my hands illegal now?

If you're asking if you can shoot cannons from a truck safely at a target the answer is obviously yes.
Only an idiot would ask that question. It's equal to shooting a 22 from your lawmower. Perfectly legal.
The implication was that there was more to the question because of your suspicion of its legality.

You have successfully intimidated me user. I will now flee this thread in fear.

>loading a roadgoing commercial vehicle with cannons is the same as as shooting a .22 from your lawnmower.l
>therefore OP is obviously asking if its legal to kill people with cannons
>it would be foolish to think otherwise
Dont breed.

>'devastating drive-by'
lmao...

Anyone have the XVIII century niggers copypasta?

>would it be possible/legal, to equip...
>to equip...
>equip
Lots Of Laughs (-:

Tell DeShawn that if he tries to rob you you'll broadside the whole block. Easy.

If I'm gonna mount enough guns on a truck to make the USS Iowa blush, then I wanna shoot someone/someone's stuff with it

>be me
>captain of a '05 Peterbilt
>crew of 17 including me
>making our way through Detroit in late winter a few years back
>all is going well for the first mile or so
>suddenly nogs
>blare the horn to signal master gunner White
>count 6 nogs vehicles in total, 3 port and 3 starboard
>dearjesuspleaseno.jpg
>skinny nog leans out passenger side and peppers port side of cabin with uzi fire while screaming in welfare
>slam the gas and reach for my flintlock in the glove box
>blow a hole through his arm the size of a golf ball while he reloads
>hear Lawson screaming at the powder boys even over the roar of the engine
>something must be wrong
>gotta buy him time
>start swerving madly across the road to damage some of the nogs' cars
>manage to crash 2 before hearing the wonderful screech of cannon doors opening
>hear a muffled "fire!" from the trailer before a 7 gun volley shreds every nog car on the port side in a shower of lead and death
>another volley tears through all but one which veers off down an alley
>crew cheers at their victory
>continue on to Nashville without another hitch
>mfw it was perfectly legal

Attached: ebgZHrh.jpg (400x309, 12K)

Checked and kek'd. Someone cap this one

It wasn't funny at all. Absolutely not worth a screencap you fucking faggot.

2/10 try again.

truck-of-the-line

Attached: 515.gif (640x480, 1022K)

>GOD SAVE DAQUAN

Attached: 1505253311339.png (801x609, 746K)

The truck isn't wide enough to be a gun deck in the broadside formation. Remember, there has to be room for the gun to be withdrawn from the gun ports for reloading. So the space in front needs to be long enough to accommodate a ram rod. I guess you could reload them all from the outside with the vessel stopped. You could however have stern chasers. Pretty heavy ones too.

Wait. Just thought of something: Carronades. Shorter barrel and there is a slide built into the carriage alleviating structural requirements for the bulkhead of the container. You likely only need short range anyway.

I’m not seeing where op explicitly says the drive by is going to be done against someone else’s property

Bootlicker, with that mentality you need to leave Jow Forums.

I think the issue here is going to be are you going to use a flatbed or a chopped up container? I’d vote the container just chop it in half across the top, reinforce the thin bits that’ll be left over on the walls and cut some firing slits in there. Maybe even keep the powder at the front of the box. Even better, might as well go for a 45’ box just for the extra space. Might as well go full mad max with it

Wouldn't the recoil be pretty unsustainable from a fully volley of cannon, particularly while driving said 'truck-of-the-line'?

>tyrese...

Well width wise there’s only 7’8” to work with for a standard container, 7’8 1/4” for a high cube. Depends on how you want to arrange the thing

>make the USS Iowa blush
That’s my fetish

Attached: B8DA4A7D-E39D-4EDE-941D-06B8FD089C67.jpg (661x800, 115K)

Slap a bunch of the volley gun on the right in pic related into the bed of a truck instead.

Legal grapeshot.

Attached: Organ Guns.jpg (1024x768, 119K)

samefag

Screencap fucking check

10/10 would nog n roll again

Attached: Screenshot_2018-10-18 k - So it turns out that its totally legal (and unregu - Weapons - 4chan.png (819x423, 88K)

Botesluts not allowed

I mean it's cool glad someone appreciated my shit joke but it doesn't really make sense with the op

for the newfags

Attached: 18th century hood tactics.png (1914x2000, 726K)

**without
goddamn I can't fucking type

Isn't grape already legal? It's just solid shot, but smaller and more of it

>>for newfags
>lol how new must you be to not remember this thread, it was only a few months ag-
How the fuck does time fly so fast?

fucking hell this is gold

Attached: 1532850158840.gif (229x176, 987K)

>as long as you use solid shot

WHO WRITES THESE GODDAMNED LAWS!?!?!? HOW IN GOD'S NAME DID THIS COUNTRY BECOME A GOD FORSAKEN MORASS OF UNDECIPHERABLE FUCK!?!?

Attached: 48a.png (600x517, 428K)

The cannon's legal no matter what you shoot from it.
But any explosive bomb or shell is a Destructive Device, no matter what gun it's intended for, and thus illegal to possess without jumping through the usual NFA hoops. ($200 tax per round, months of waiting for paperwork, etc.)
Grape/canister, chain or bar shot, etc. are all good, and if you wanna make some overgrown R.I.P. rounds for muh shrapnel vectors, go to town.

Well, you could have a turret system where the cannon turns to face the front or rear to reload.

>Turreted Truck-of-the-line

yup. cannister shot is common and completely legal.

If you're going with classic age-of-sail hardware, swivels are limited to rather light guns, because they have no recoil-absorbing system; all the big guns are on wheeled carriages with big ropes to gradually bring them to a halt.
Of course, with modern tech, there's nothing stopping you from using a hydraulic recoil setup on a pivot, but the lengthwise space to reload is gonna seriously limit your broadside. If we're going with modern tech, may as well having something akin to a disappearing mount, where the recoil not only retracts the gun inside the trailer, but also tips it up to meet an overhead rammer.

Use a coehorn mortar

Tally ho, nigga

Attached: Blyat.png (500x489, 161K)

>why would you need a weapon if you don't want to murder infants in their sleep?

>screaming in welfare
kek

Yo Ho! And a bottle of amphetamines!
A truckers life for me!

Attached: received_2161125844105206.jpg (750x738, 50K)

>Is it legal to perform drive-bys

If you're a cop you can get away with shooting on wrong model and color car with bunch of old ladies inside

>tfw no Victoria fanfic where the Numero Uno Division out-retrocultures the Christian Marines

>GOD SAVE DAQUAN

Attached: 1539898147062.png (522x593, 327K)

If it's legal to own them, and their only purpose is to destroy other cars and vehicles in broadsides, it logically must be legal to do that with them otherwise why would they be legal to own?

Same with using assault rifles to shoot up places, they'd make those things illegal if that was also illegal.

>murder is legal
I like this logic

>Modern
2 turrets, with turret closer to the cab superfiring over the aft gun(s): have it be like Monitor's Dahlgrens, fully retracting for reloading

Attached: turret_600.jpg (600x398, 62K)

Cheesebox onna raft onna wheels. Now we're talkin.

>How the fuck does time fly so fast?
Your IQ isn't high enough.

(you) deserve it

DEY HOLD THEM DICKS SOFT WHEN ANY NIGGA SPEAKS

THAT ROLLED WITH US ON SAINT CRIP'S DAY

>GOD SAVE DAQUAN

Attached: 1328134627335.gif (196x235, 1.99M)

>Calling someone a bootlicker
>On, Jow Forums where the majority of people are government employed

Asphalt Ocean Sea Shanty:
youtube.com/watch?v=7TQI62C0Hoo&bpctr=1540009121

Atf please leave

Maybe you are mr. Lawman, but I don’t think the rest of us are in the mood to shoot pups

>Checked and kek'd. Someone cap this one

Attached: 1493951599091.jpg (588x602, 110K)

>OP said that.

Yep. He sure did. I’m not seeing where he said anything about committing any property crimes.

Hi, shareblue. You humorless twats could fuck up a wet dream. Could you do me a big favor? Go shit up some other thread for a while. Thanks.

>GOD SAVE DAQUAN

Attached: takethat.jpg (960x952, 226K)

I work EMS, got called out for a 1144 (confirmation dead). Get to the house, cops deem it safe. Go in. Dude used a muzzle loader to off himself. There was no head left. Completely gone, blood all over the ceiling. Pic some what related

Attached: LiveLeak-dot-com-7f3_1462381273-man-survives-02_1462381414.jpg.resized.jpg (500x604, 88K)