Should civilians be allowed to officially wear military uniforms...

Should civilians be allowed to officially wear military uniforms, if they wear some designatator that marks them as civies? This could strengthen the support for the forces, will give poor people the chance to get cheap clothing, to get to know people by name, etc.

Personally I quite enjoy wearing uniform but I don't enjoy the stigma that comes with it.

Attached: airforce.jpg (804x1206, 289K)

how about wear whatever you want and don't give a fuck what other people think?

Bingo

Jesus you're a faggot.

>too autistic to ask someones name

Why would you want to? What is the actual reason for cosplaying a boot?
>This could strengthen the support for the forces
People already support the troops without wearing a uniform
>will give poor people the chance to get cheap clothing
Milsurp is generally not cheaper than walmart clothing and enough of my taxes go to welfare already

Who the fuck would voluntarily wear a full uniform like OPs pic.

What the fuck is "military uniforms"? Every kmart sells cheap as fuck camo pattern cargo pants and tshirts, pretty sure there's no law against wearing them.

An official "military uniform" is anything that has insignia, and no it should not be legal to wear insignia of an organisation you're not legally a member of. People could mistakenly think you are representing them

You don't have to wear an identifier, we can tell you're a civilian, trust me. We just think you're fucking weird if you're wearing the whole shebang in public.

Yeah, why not go out in your SS uniform and see what happens. Just be yourself.

Some think it's just not worth the trouble, same reason why you don't ask 1000 women in the mall if they want to have casual intercourse. I'm sure 10 might say yes, so why not do it?

There should be an opt out for fashion bullshit.

>airforce.jpg
>pic of a dude with a "U.S. Army" nameplate
Just kill yourself. A civilian that feels the need to wear a name tag is full on turbo-autistic.

If you want to wear shitty cotton poly blend camo, go for it. Don't try to pass yourself off as acting in any official capacity and you'll be fine.

A true to regulation uniform with special signifier for non-geneva status? Gulag worthy.

No but your reasoning is significantly less retarded than I expected upon initially reading the question.

>military uniform
>cheap clothing
A normal cheap commercial Tshirt+pants is better for that purpose.

yeah don't wear a nike branded shirt either, or people will think you work for nike

To be fair though, good military uniforms have a far better cost efficiency than some shitty chink shirt that changes it's size after 3 washes.

iv'e literally seen people wear full ss uniforms in ukraine and nothing was ever said, now in diversity land you might have a point

>I'm sure 10 might say yes, so why not do it?
because you are scared

See
Recruitment propaganda != a uniform
What you're advocating is the equivalent of nike distributing shirts that say "nike corporate staff" in embroidered letters on the breast.
It just doesn't work that way.

>let me take this principled statement and try to unravel it by throwing far-out specific situations at it
Nah, the only thing I'd love to opt-out from is you.
>People could mistakenly think you are representing them
It already IS illegal, pretty much anywhere in the world, to try and pass for Law Enforcement. Unless you live somewhere where martial law is enacted, wearing a military uniform gives you exactly zero power so I don't fucking see why it would be a problem, legally, to wear one. It'd be stupid, but not something the law would have to get into.

Attached: 1513001540293.jpg (546x720, 59K)

You only choose to not do things because you're scared bro?

You can already wear whatever uniform you want as long as you're not claiming to have earned certain medals or are attempting to fraudulently gain VA benefits with it.

But you're going to look like an autistic freak regardless of whether or not you wear a special "I'm not actually in the military" badge.

>this could strengthen support for the troops
hahahaha fuck off retard
>cheap clothing
you can get durable clothing for much cheaper

Why are you angry that people admire the military. You don't get angry if someone wears a Tom Brady jersey, don't you? Do you know how much money America could save if everybody would wear uniforms instead of chink shit?

>Why are you angry that people admire the military.
I'm sorry, did you quote the wrong guy by accident? How am I being angry?

>Do you know how much money America could save if everybody would wear uniforms instead of chink shit?
You would save more from giving them normal shirts.

Maybe your passive aggressive tone became habitual after long years of abuse but that how you're coming off my man. Weird as fuck to get territorial about some piece of work wear. Just saying.

Who else thinks OP is a surtplusshit nigger? Only they are autistic enough to think something like this is a good idea.

Being standoffish still is nothing like being angry. Next time I'll write my reply on actual, fancy paper, put some perfume on it, and send it by mail. That ought to get you in a better mood.

I'd appreciate it. Just because we're on Jow Forums doesn't mean we can't act respectful. Thank you for your service.

Wear a uniform if you want. Just don't wear one with a camouflage pattern. Avoid looking like you're in the military.
>bud why not :'(
Would you dress up as a fireman or or a police officer in public?
If you want to look militaristic or whatever, wear something that elicits that vibe without making people think you're a soldier.

>Do you know how much money America could save if everybody would wear uniforms instead of chink shit?
Who gives a fuck the money? We aren't commies, individualism and the right to be extravagant is a core American tenet. Even if you brought this shit in, you wouldnt save anything as nobody would wear them since even poor normal people dont want to wear the US equivalent of Mao suits.

Retired uniforms absolutly. Current uniforms no.

In my country its perfectly legal (we have a small military I don't know anyone who has ever served) but I could not think of a worse way to stand out.

Everyone who has ever seen a movie knows what a military uniform looks like, and its distinct enough that everyone will instantly focus there attention on you. Why the fuck do you think soliders uniforms exsist?

Also Americans tend to have a complex about military service so enjoy every joze who did 2 "tours" in afghan air base kitchen calling you out in public.

If you really want to be a solider, why not just enlist? If you have a reason why not, then why would you have a reason to wear the uniform aside from wanting to be a special snowflake?

Should there be a full fledged civilian uniform though? Not talking about jeans and a t-shirt but more like a good looking boiler suit.

No, nobody wants to wear a boiler suit. If you want a "civilian uniform" to hand out to the homeless and during disaster relief, grey sweatpants and pullover would be far more utilitarian and you dont have to take it off to shit.

I've got diabetes type 3, I can't. I wish I could be a quaterback as well but the best I can do is wear my raiders gear.

I agree with you, but also I don't want chucklefucks like OP walking around in a police uniform or a labcoat with a cheap stethoscope around his greasy neck

lol

Attached: lee rigby.jpg (757x807, 121K)

Attached: 1525371554340.jpg (634x415, 61K)

The whole idea of a uniform is to signify you belong in a group. Marines or McDonalds doesn't matter; you are expected to wear the gear because you represent your unit. Back in the day military clothes weren't better than civilian ones, but even when wornout or ragged they still told who you were.

Now here you come, OP. And you clearly want to wear a uniform to associate yourself with a group - without being part of it, and without having earned the right to be part of it.

Wearing a uniform garment because it is cool or because it is a very good garment I understand. A shirt, or a cap, or an ammo pouch - good for you, and no harm done. I'll put on some milsurp myself when innawoods, like my beloved leather boots. What you want to do is not even larping because larpers dress up within a setting where it is clear they are just larpers. You literally want to 'loan' the valor of those the uniform is meant for.

>Should civilians be allowed to officially wear military uniforms, if they wear some designatator that marks them as civies?

That's already how it is. Just wear this along with your uniform of choice and you're golden.

Attached: 4806-b291-522253e9a936.png (1155x1155, 1.47M)

Dios mio... la creatura...

Attached: diosmio.jpg (200x200, 12K)

>should citizens of FreedomLand be able to wear their uniforms freely?
Eat shit.

Nobody in this thread seems to realize that this is already the case as OP outlined.

I was surprised when I was stationed in Korea and saw Army uniforms with Triangle insignia with "U.S" inside. In Japan I saw some Air Force civilians wear the same thing in our uniform. When I asked them about it they just said it was required for some DOD civilian positions which will remain in place during wartime. If you watch the vietnam era mel brooks movie We Were Soldiers, the civilian photographer is wearing the normal army field uniform without insignia. My guess is the same thing happened in WW2.

The services like to give a big talk about "earning the uniform," but in reality they will bend the rules when it suits the situation or the time.

Attached: US Civilian.jpg (640x689, 455K)

Just wanted to clarify that OP is in fact a fag for wanting to wear these uncomfortable clothes without getting paid for it. But Civilians can and are authorized to wear normal military uniforms with special insignia. Usually these folks are former military anyway so its just a change of insignia to a generic "I'm a US citizen" type identifier.

Attached: Air force civlian.jpg (703x820, 210K)

OP here. I just enjoy waking up without having to pick my clothes, not having to engage in fashion, wearing something that follows a code and is socially acceptable. Yes, being in military sucks, yes many soldiers don't deserve credit, yes it's not the best clothes, but just putting on your uniform is an incredible freeing feeling. All your worries about looking good cease to exist and even if you look moderately shit it's still ok because it's how everybody looks in uniform. It has the benefits of being a normie without the work of having to keep up with trendy bullshit. Just put on your uniform, done. Amazing!

It makes sense to give civies camo in military situations because camo is supposed to be practical. Also it makes it harder for some hostile force to pick out civilians obviously.

Honestly I had these thoughts when I was a cadet and before I joined active duty. In reality I care more about my appearance in uniform than I do off duty. Simply because your appearance in uniform can be more easily criticized and have a effect on your career. I put in a lot of effort to appear professional, but yeah some dudes look like they just rolled out of bed and barely fall within standards.

Get into aviation or maritime stuff if you want to wear a uniform my dude. Flight suits are mega comfy and nobody would hassle you if you are a pilot wearing a non-green nomex flightsuit around your aircraft.

Depends on the uniform kinda. I'm not talking about like some gala thing but more like a field uniform or a boiler suit. I mean how hard is it? Tug your undershirt into your pants, leave like the first button of your fieldblouse open, roll up your pants using some rubber or put them into your socks. Isn't that basically it? Ok, if you wear a beret it might take slightly more effort to not look like luigie the pizza maker but it's not rocket science either.

>I just enjoy waking up without having to pick my clothes, not having to engage in fashion, wearing something that follows a code and is socially acceptable.
So just wear no-name jeans and a shirt like literally the entire working class. You're attributing far more effort and consideration to dressing yourself than it actually takes.

>makes it harder for some hostile force to pick out civilians obviously.
This is exactly why the Geneva conventions are a thing. Plus giving the enemy an excuse to massacre civilians under the guise of "well they looked like combatants" is just asking for trouble

I would say the details make a big difference in how you put yourself together. I wear a field uniform every day for work because I am a desk jockey. Everyone looks mostly the same so you notice small details if they are wrong or unusual.

If you think about it, a pair of slacks and a tucked in polo shirt with a name tag to work at Dennys is pretty much the same thing as our field uniform. You could wear a different colored polo every day and seem pretty normal without the name tag. In fact lots of Colonels and Senior enlisted seem to do exactly this because they seemingly can't dress themselves after so much time in the system.

I think you are overlooking and understating how much you enjoy the appearance and association of military style clothing. The same factors that make you interested in these clothes are the ones which make them unusual for casual wear. Just wear simple clothes without adornment and you will be better off.

Attached: Grey BDU.jpg (279x445, 10K)

Be aware that the Geneva convention does not protect all Civilians all the time equally. Military related civilians such as those in military industry or directly supporting military operations such as driving a truck full of munitions on a military flight-line are in fact valid targets.

How about something like this for civilians? It's not a mao suit, it's somewhat fasionable yet tasteful and practical.

Attached: blazer-3.jpg (196x464, 29K)

Why not buy like 5 pairs of the same jeans and 10 pairs of simple single color t-shirts? Then you could wear almost the same thing every day and not stand out too much or draw unwanted attention like in an actual uniform.

Attached: Example.jpg (474x744, 29K)

>practical
Not with shoulders like that.

I'm starting to see why you don't want to pick your own clothes. But don't you worry, your social ineptitude will be clear to everyone you meet no matter what you're wearing.

what kind of fucking autist would want to wear the US military uniform for no fucking reason? other than the fact uniforms are the easiest way to look professional and decent without having a sense of style? i am jelly of the camouflage as a hunter but no, don't enable the worship of zog