Jow Forums which one is the best boot brand for looks, reliability, and comfort????

Jow Forums which one is the best boot brand for looks, reliability, and comfort????

Attached: nike sfb.jpg (640x581, 28K)

Red wing and Wolverine. Larpers can fuck off

Garmont, trust me.

I’ve got some Red Wing Iron Rangers but Salomon or Merrell if I’m hiking.

lace ups are for queers and dark skinned homos

Attached: boots.jpg (1200x1500, 188K)

Not nikes unless you like shin splints and replacing them every 2 months

Rocky's

This. I love mine.

Danner makes excellent boots. I'd highly recommend them to anyone

Attached: 1540125563464524004100.jpg (4032x3024, 3.97M)

D A N N E R. T R X.

This guy knows whats up.

Get garmont T8's and celebrate that you saved a ton of money on boots and orthotics for at least 5 years.

I have been wearing the same pair for work (surveyor) almost everyday for 5 years, and the treads still look good.

Danner Pronghorn

Belleville One-Xero's are really good. Very comfortable, light, and durable.

Danner Reckonings

Bates Lites

Red Wing Iron Rangers.
If you can afford it: White's are the best of the best. Not for "thank you for your cervix" types.

Haix GSG9. Been working in patrol security since 2006, and this is the best pair of working boots I’ve owned so far.

Attached: B5AE6841-36C9-4E6E-A30C-617F51EF29B9.jpg (600x600, 74K)

Lowas
best boots ive ever worn.

I can afford them, but with my work, I highly doubt they'd last more than 2 years.Feels BAD to throw away hella nice boots.

Are there any ultralite boots like the military ones but look like regular work boots? I don't wanna look like a larper that wishes he was in the military, or look like some grunt that wishes he was spec ops. Just looking for boots that aren't like 2.5lbs each.

This nigga knows what's good.

those look like SHIT. the only way they could look any more autistic is if they had velcro straps

D A N N E R M A S T E R R A C E

Attached: 20180523222835156.jpg (4032x2268, 3.73M)

>White's are the best of the best
Nicks > Whites

Attached: Naw.gif (281x295, 2.97M)

Cowboy boots are for fancy boy truck stop whores.

Seconded. Comfy as shit and look cool too

Bought pair of these because of ARMA III. Well not really but I did actually buy a pair of these. I like them.

Attached: 0-650-lowa-zephyr-gtx-hi-tf-coyote-op.jpg (650x650, 42K)

I have a pair of 6 inch lowas and they are great. Are the 8 inch still lightweight and comfy?

They are definitely heavier than the 6" ones but I still think they are comfortable. They are a big step up from the 8" Belleville boots I had.

>Comfortable
>Fur inner lining for warmth
>no laces and it slips on snuggly
>Tightly woven mock skin outside is water resistant
>Makes you look like a gay bitch

Perfect for Jow Forumsommandos

Attached: jumbo-ugg-classic-tall-med.jpg (228x250, 36K)

How do they look in uniform? I have One Xeros now but im not really a fan

This. Especially Zephyrs.

They look good.

I've tried several. Danner, Oakley (when they were supposedly good), Nike, Belleville, Bates, etc. But I have always preferred US third pattern Panama sole jungle/desert boots, regardless of manufacturer.

I've worn the same pair of Converse composite toe/side zip boots for six years. Comfy as fuck, good hiking boots in dry environments, convenient in an office. I doubt they'd fair well in extreme circumstances for very long though. I think Reebok makes a similar pair.

The most uncomfortable pair of boots I've ever owned were the Danner TFX. My work decided to give us all a pair. I don't know what fucking idiot designers they have, but the ankle hook is a disaster. Even when not utilized, it presses against your ankle and isn't just uncomfortable, it's painful.

>Nike
Fuck off you fucking faggot

Only a fucking shill would post nike trash especially in terms of fucking boots.

SHILL

Rocky is my go-to now, specifically the S2V.

I wore Danners for a while. They were sturdy but heavy as hell and took days to dry if they got wet.

I have a pair of Nike boots that I wear ONLY for times I'll be required to run in my boots. They're garbage otherwise. Even then Rocky makes some lightweight trainers, but I wasn't able to find them when I was shopping for "running boots".

I've never heard bad things about Garmont but they don't make boots bigger than size 13 so I can't wear them.

What about socks? I wear only Thorlo.

red wings

Assuming you want to larp

Attached: salomon-quest-4d-2-goretex.jpg (1000x861, 114K)

Doc martens. All the way

Larp or no these are amazing boots.

This motherfucker. I got the LE variant of the T8s and they're awesome.

Also makes a great cover for your scar stock, makes for a comfy cold weather cheek weld

So I always ask this in boot threads, but anyone have experience with Blauer? I work EMS and their lacing system looks great for people who don't like sleeping with their boots on (like me). Only thing being I don't want to drop $150 on them without consulting my favorite Myanmaran audiophiles guild first.

Attached: 71Q2OrtigEL._UY395_.jpg (395x395, 21K)

RedWings have never let me down at work or in the field, but you really have to get the high level thinsulate ones if youre gonna be even sub forty. Get up to 1000g of thinsulate and youre good to go to at least 10 below. I'm referring both to RedWings and Irish Setter brand, same company. I've used them extensively for construction in plumbing (water main and sewer work) and for hunting (and larping).
>t. not a shill

Obviously OP is dead, since he never responded to all the garmont suggestions.

>british footwear

Boots are literally a meme propagated by the foot-soldiers of ZOG and absolute clueless Boomers.

Seasoned outdoors people have long since moved to trail runners and quicker drying ascent shoes. Pic related is all you will ever need.

Attached: i-arc-teryx-arakys-w-067878-303947-g0-shark-bora.jpg (1200x1200, 153K)

By this you mean it's the current fad with ounce-obsessed yuppies doing AT section hikes.

I could easily send you up several trails in my area where the talus and altitude gain would fucking destroy your shoes and ankles if you tried to tackle it in the shoes you posted. Trying to do the same hike with 45lbs on your back in trail runners might literally I'll you.

Attached: prettyneat.jpg (225x225, 9K)

Nice try fatty, I've done Everest base camp in nothing but trail runners.

>Muh heels

Who carries 45lbs of shit anyway? You're doing something horribly wrong.

>Everest base camp in nothing but trail runners
Im sure you enjoyed your frozen feet you retard.

>What are socks

Gosh, this thread has so many experienced trekkers. So many insights.

Can confirm this, had the T8 Extremes for two years now and have never seen a blister on my feet.

Those ain't in regs, sailor

>I've done Everest base camp
1) No you didn't
>in nothing but trail runners
2) the most difficult thing about Everest Base Camp is acclimating to the elevation you dumb fuck. The climb itself is gentle and one of the most established hikes in the fucking world. There's nothing remotely "rugged" about it.

Oh look, a wild moron appears.

Back to Plebbit Shane.

Attached: everest-base-camp-trek-tour-2-351637_0.jpg (750x420, 75K)

>photo from a travel website
No, you haven't.

This guy did it in a fucking wheelchair, tough guy.

I legitimately am not impressed that you did a thing literally tens of thousands of tourists do every year.

Attached: 000_1394B0.jpg (800x1069, 188K)

For garrison work: Danner Tachyons. Nice and light.

For long hikes with heavy kit: AKUs or Lowas.

Civvy durability: Redwing Iron Rangers.

Attached: 1535073635255m.jpg (655x1024, 92K)

>what is reverse image search

please god, if you ever do climb to Everest base camp, do us a solid and freeze to death there

Attached: !kek.jpg (539x442, 38K)

What would Jow Forums recommend for military exercises and TAB's in wet marshy cold boggy terrain, also mountains and MOUT.

Currently running Meindl Cobras (pic related). They've served me well through alot of shit for the past year and a half but I'm not sure if they were built for this much abuse, since I'm starting to see some separation around the toe from the sides. Been doing alot of MOUT exercises recently aswell, and while they are very light and comfy, its really tearing them up.

Attached: 9043.jpg (728x751, 65K)

My point exactly. Boots = not needed.

Light trainers and Merino socks make all the Memeboots obsolete.

Why are you still talking about Boomer hooves when I've proven one does not need anything but strong calfs from running and some lightweight trainers with good socks.

Psst. He’s wearing boots.

Bought a pair of Kilometers because I'm on a budget but didn't want squeaky fallen-apart boots in 8 months. They've held up great after over 200 miles of city walking, plus regular cleaning and oiling.

Attached: 41t7JPFohKL-2.jpg (500x363, 30K)

>200 miles
officeworker user, pls stop being dumb. 200 miles is literally nothing. When I worked in a warehouse we'd be doing 15+ miles per day. In 8 months you've done two weeks of walking.

He sure as fuck did not need them.

Lmao what's this shit? Basedest shoes I have ever seen.

Magnum

Nope, you're definitely a faggot for wearing Boomer Stompers.

Pic related. 6,000 m, 200 lbs and nothing but flip flops.

>BUT MUH HEELS

Get less fat and develop some muscles on your legs Muttnik.

Attached: MG_7165edited.jpg (427x640, 124K)

I'm guessing you've never packed out an animal you've shot?

I swear if Jow Forums eats any more of this bait ill cry.

I'm a student that walks to class and barhops on foot, have had the boots for a couple months. 8 month badboot lifespan is for the $60 pair I had before

Also stop feeling tough for having worked a shitty job

I've got that similar lacing system on a pair of redwing boots and they are sturdy are fuck, no worries. Get a stab proof vest to wear under your shirt ,when I worked EMT it would have saved me from getting stabbed.

...your point is that you don't need boots on easy terrain? No fuckin shit, Sherlock.
To take that assertion to mean "there are no circumstances where boots are necessary" is fuckin retarded.
Like you, you fuckin retard.

>Implying your fat ass didn't haul it to the ATV parked 20 yards away

Merrell MOABs

Comfy
Light
Waterproof
Ankle High

All you need right there, and at a hundred bucks a pop cheep too.

Everything you can do in heavy, dumb Boomer Stompers can be done better in some trail runners.

Not that difficult, but I'd figure the double digit IQs would struggle with it on here.

>t. 100% Bought Vibram FiveFingers and called people who used traditional running shoes "retards" in the 2000s

Trendfags are hilarious.

Attached: 1493075753173.jpg (311x244, 46K)

You forgot to end with:

SSIIIPPPP

Otherwise 10/10 boomerposting

Attached: bb3b8bdd101a19d72c8a67e16a73c3881df81bdfr1-380-349v2_00.jpg (380x349, 25K)

Except that's completely fucking wrong and you'd know that if you ever tried to hump 80lbs of gear across 100 miles of talus on 50% grade side-slope.

If you think trail runners are adequate for all contexts then you've never actually done anything particularly difficult in your trail runners.

Attached: 1458890749292.gif (240x180, 806K)

user, I'm just saying if your boots have any damage at all at 200 miles, they are sub-walmart tier. That's like saying "my kel tec shot a whole mag without jamming, seems pretty reliable!".

>80lbs of gear across 100 miles of talus on 50% grade side-slope.
Ok, so unless you're 10th mountain division deployed in Afghanistan, trail runners are the way to go.

>Except that's completely fucking wrong and you'd know that if you ever tried to hump 80lbs of gear across 100 miles of talus on 50% grade side-slope.

Nope. Flip flops.

You just need to not be a BITCH NIGGER, and then you won't need Boomer Stompers.

Attached: BOOTS.jpg (4032x3024, 2.11M)

So you're a female into collecting shoes, we get it. Men are talking here.

Went up to Salkantay last October carrying 7 days of supplies and tent in runners.

Ditch the Boomer Stompers.

Attached: Peru_2017 137.jpg (3648x2736, 2.7M)

Corcoran jump boots, big boy

>the concept of of doing literally anything in truly rugged country is so alien to him that his mind jumps to literal warzones.

Attached: 1436149878051.jpg (598x370, 55K)

Take that back you fucking tims wearing nigger

No, I do fishing, hiking, and camping in the mountains regularly. Here's a pic from yesterday.

You don't need 80lbs of garbage and you don't need heavy duty boots either. I use boots, but that's my personal preference.

Attached: 20181020_164752.jpg (4032x1960, 3.09M)

You get boots issued in the Military. 4 of these pairs have been worn out completely sense this picture was taken.

I unironically wore those for years.

Shut the fuck up Stephanie.

rockies, nikes, and lowas are comfy but don't look too great. I've heard great things about the danner 600, and they don't look too bad either.

Nice I also carry a HK usp tactical 45 in the woods.

>You don't need 80lbs of garbage and you don't need heavy duty boots either
You know exactly jack fucking shit about what I do or wear I do it.

salomons, meindl, asolo, maybe lowa

Another one for T8s. They've lasted me through the most grueling shit.

Yup. Been wearing DMs since mid 90s high school and they're still my go to boot. They work everywhere from hiking to on my dyna and they're comfy as fuck.

pic related all you'll ever need

Attached: stövel.jpg (1200x900, 370K)

Lowa Zephyrs best overall.

Salomon speed assault if you want something more shoe-like that still works for lighter duty.

Depends on what youre allowed to wear though i suppose. The speed assaults were extremely nice during my last deployment, since it was like 40-50c during the day, and i never really needed boots since it was mostly drive, get out, walk around, and back into the car.