Vaquero taco bell?

Is the ruger vaquero worth 200$ more than something in the 3-400$ bracket? The Vaquero seems to have a good reputation but there are things like the taylors and Co and Cimarron that are 200$ cheaper. I'm really looking at getting a SAA like cause I've always wanted one. Probably 357/.38 for commonality with what I have. I can afford the Vaquero but am I only paying for the name? I guess SAA thread.

Attached: vaquero.png (500x267, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

buffalobore.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=153
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I enjoy mine, but got it for $550 off online deals. I wouldn't pay MSRP, but I would never pay MSRP for anything these days with online sales what they are. It really depends on what you are after: do you want an authentic repo of a Colt SAA style gun? Then you don't need to buy a Ruger, stick to something like the EAA or an Uberti. However if you want something that is a modernized version of a SAA style, with transfer bar and loading gate safety mechanism for carrying all 6, and also a unique loading gate free spin cylinder system, I think it's worth it. Ruger is the only company in the price range doing the later, and I wanted something that followed the SAA style of gun but with the modern features that I could carry it if I really wanted to.
Also I have the .45 LC version, because I think .357 is retarded in a single action, but that part is up to you

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 92K)

Just FYI taylors and Co and Cimarron are just rebranded Uberti’s. I have several and there is no difference other than the engravings.
Some say they get extra QC and are hand selected, and these primium examples get the better branding and the rest become standard Uberti models.
It’s all BS. People perpetuate it to justify the extra they spend for a name. Just like AR roll marks. Just get Uberti.

Uberti or ruger?

unless you're planning on shooting stupid hot loads that you have to make yourself, uberti is fine.

Uberti if you absolutely must have a historicly authentic mechanism. Ruger if you want the aesthetics but with modern shit like coil springs and transfer bar safety.

2nding this.
Also adding that the Ruger is a stronger frame, so if you want to fool around with super hot +P loads then that is a better choice.

Ruger frames get used for full custom handguns including some crazy shit that exceeds 500 S&W power levels.

>Uberti if you absolutely must have a historicly authentic mechanism.

About that--I have seen some people saying that all new Ubertis these days are using the safer but inauthentic Cattleman II lockwork that does not have four clicks. Have any of you purchased a new Uberti within the past year that can confirm or deny this?

Hickock45 recently posted a video with an Uberti and it had three clicks. He pointed it out as one of the differences between the two.

going to have to show proof faggot.

Honestly, if you plan on keeping it around for a while, spend the money and get a Ruger. Otherwise, you'll look at the Uberti and always wonder if you got the Ruger.

I have a smokewagon with a 15oz triggerpull and an action like glass, so I think you’re full of shit

For .357 I'd go with the Ruger, Vaqeuros are built very tough.

That's lame. Mine are older 4 clickers.

Nothing wrong with Uberti or Ruger but If you're gonna "save up" get a Colt.

Attached: 100_2524.jpg (2048x1536, 958K)

Taylor & Co are fun. I like my 45LC, but just recently the long pin which holds the cylinder in place got stuck. such a bitch to get out

FALSE, DO NOT PUT HOT LOADS IN YOUR VAQUERO, PERIOD, IT IS NOT DESIGNED FOR ANYTHING BEYOND STANDARD SAAMI SPEC AMMO.

You are thinking of the RUGER BLACKHAWK which is a heavily overbuilt design that CAN handle hot ass bearblastin' loads.

Again: STANDARD PRESSURE ONLY IN THE VAQUERO IF YOU WANT TO KEEP ALL YOUR FINGERS

buffalobore.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=153

Pre-2005 Vaqueros were built on heavy frames and could handle Blackhawk loads.

There also exist post-2010 Blackhawks that are built on smaller flat top frames that can't tolerate loads that were digestible by previous Blackhawks.

Thanks Ruger.

What is the ideal or most authentic barrel length for a SAA, and are Uberti and Ruger the go-to's for the price range or are there other brands I should look at?

The Vaquero is a fantastic wheelgun. Super fun, totally recommended.

Attached: WoodGrips2.png (1000x741, 1.32M)

The thing about the vaquero is it doesn't have the case hardened frame look the uburti's do.

the older ones were offered with a case hardend finish