/arg/ AR thread

AR thread
/arg/
Bullyzone
Tripfaggotry containment

Nightforce edition

Old

Attached: 20180605_174605_HDR-1.jpg (3619x1168, 672K)

Is it worth buying a budget AR-15 like a Ruger or S&W, throwing a scope on it (something not too expensive, like a Leopold), and spending the rest on ammo?

How much better are boutique AR's?

>nightforce
>overpriced jap/chink glass

no thanks

I don't think anyone offered it to you.

What’s a good anime to get someone hooked on anime who’s never watched anime?
>be my brother (26)
>thinks anime is weird and “stupid shit”
>brothers GF broke up with him for like the 20th time
>can’t tell him shit, nobody
>I’m talkin if Will Smith climbed in through his window, laid down beside this nigga, and whispered in his ear, he wouldn’t let her go.

Idk what this has to do with, but he’s just hella depressed. /arg/, Jow Forums, help a brother help a litteral brother out.

Attached: 532F2A87-03D1-4A59-BA92-922EB14012FA.jpg (640x480, 76K)

Everyone I've gotten to watch One Punch Man has loved it. Not sure why, but it has broad appeal.

Fuck off with this gay shit.
Anime isnt going to do anything good for your brother.
This is not the place for this post

king of the hill is the best anime

sick M16 man

Nigger, /ar/bros are supposed to stick together.

Attached: 097ECAC5-16B1-4D2B-A232-1E6BE3DCFFEF.jpg (255x255, 29K)

legend of galactic heroes

I don't know you, we're not bros, and your wojak avataring is fucking stupid

im a non-fan of the genre, but i liked the movie akira, and i liked cowboy bebop and bleach
most of it is animated far too poorly to be an enjoyable watching experience. literally worse animation than 70s hanna-barberra cartoons.
but hey tentacle rape, so there's that

Japs make better glass than all but maybe schott

A 16” AR built to milspec or better with a CHF barrel, an aimpoint PRO or Steiner P4xi, an arisaka or surefire light, and a blue force vickers sling is a great first rifle. Spend the rest on mags and ammo. I can’t specifically speak to ruger or S&W since I haven’t researched them at all since I build my stuff, but from the little I’ve heard, they should be fine. That said, you can build something better for about the same cost. If you can change your oil and your tires, you can build an AR.

Attached: 13ED359E-92EB-4470-8813-D468409BFC51.jpg (2445x2292, 1.26M)

Samurai champloo
I hate anime but I enjoyed that show

Attached: 19322CFE-5365-4052-A1C1-B14B32E77F6E.jpg (2039x2046, 915K)

Do you even have an AR
Even if you do, no.
Your brother will get over it and doesnt need to be forced to watch anime

What do y'all think of my first ar10 build

Attached: 20181025_204739.jpg (3264x2448, 2.61M)

I don't like it
how does it shoot

Nice camo

Nice’nt

Attached: 8EB015D3-9F53-4BFE-B5F2-3AB46539391B.jpg (3912x1376, 1.46M)

a GED

simplest non-padded sling out there that I can use qd mounts with?

Liking the vtac one but having that long excess tail might be weird. I've been using this vickers one for over a year and the webbing is still really stiff and the adjuster still feels cumbersome

I get just above 1 moa with magtech .308

god damn that's ugly

I’ve had my MS3 for a while and like it.

Attached: 5612F252-7864-4766-8327-D5A2D4EFDDE2.jpg (3264x2448, 2.07M)

rate my assault rifle fifteen

Attached: 20181025_000532.jpg (4032x2268, 2.66M)

>he owns a cat
Ugh

Attached: 8516648.jpg (4032x1960, 922K)

solid choices all around save for the irons

Yup.
This is 100% a room that belongs to someone that still lives with their parents.

Not awful. Honestly just needs new irons (Magpul MBUS PROs), a real optic (what is your budget? What is the barrel length on that?), and a new stock.

Not awful. Needs an optic.

Attached: 20180902_165541.jpg (2031x1351, 1.69M)

>THAT FUCKING PISS STAIN ON THE PILLOW
JESUS DUDE WTFFFF

Attached: 20181026_172438.jpg (485x209, 63K)

I already have troy sights on it and I'm planning in putting a 1-6 or an acog on it when I start my new job. And it has an 18" ballistic advantage barrel.

>I already have troy sights
Yeah. That's the problem lol

What's wrong with them? I personally like them.

Oh nothing is wrong with them at all, officer.

Troy is a legitimate and American loving company that would never spit in the face of a dead patriot.

nice ash clones

Attached: 1539988911571.jpg (531x800, 260K)

I got them for Christmas a couple years back, I don't buy from them but I'm also not going to throw them out just because they hired an asshole. I thought you had a legitimate complaint.

Are 3x30 acogs red pilled?

UGGHHHHHHH REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
FUCK YOU, YOU BOOTLICKING COMMUNIST PEICE OF TRASH
FUCK THE FEDS
FUCK TROY

Attached: e68.jpg (665x662, 184K)

Troy is fine.

You're fat as FUCK what the fuck do you know about fine?

Wut?

Seriously fuck off, they're great sights and I didn't have to pay for them. Also the only reason you don't like them is a personal reason, you have no legitimate complaint and their products are quite good.

>ones in the bill clip
LMAO

>Seriously fuck off, they're great sights
No they aren't, they're huge heavy and expensive for what you're getting. MBUS Pros kill them in every way

I've seen a lot of sad shit this week but this has been the saddest

Post AR

>18" .308 AR10
>1-6x or Acog
Fucking dumb. 18" AR10 shooting 1 MOA could easily be a 1000m gun. Put a Trijicon 2.5-12x on there.

Ash actually has an AR. What do you have?

No it isn't you stupid fat fuck.

>Hired an asshole
They did more than that. They hired a fucking tantamount murdering fed boot and defended the actions of the tantamount murdering fed boot.

Attached: 37265713_10214879607076589_8180705413637865472_n.jpg (2369x1345, 1.36M)

Attached: DSCN1740.jpg (3440x1576, 2.76M)

Attached: a7d.jpg (303x296, 27K)

Like I said they were FREE. And they aren't huge either they're micro battle sights

>Like I said they were FREE
okay so you're a poorfag, is that supposed to be a convincing argument? they're still shit, and you're still retarded

I'm not going to go and spend $100+ on new sights when these were free, and I'm going to use this gun for heavy metal division 3 gun so I want something that is adequate for shooting short to medium range

>micro
just because Troy named their product that doesn't change their physical dimensions. Compare them to MBUS Pros

What upper/lower receiver set is that?

So you're saying I should just throw out a Christmas gift from my dad because muh feelings

>muh feelings
You're even more retarded than I thought

They're smaller than most other sights and really don't take up much rail space maybe you should use something before you criticize it.

Why would I use something inferior to what I already have?

How because I don't want to waste money on new sights when I could spend it on ammo?

This. Jap autism can produce amazing results.

>save money and make a sound financial decision with a moderately priced $165 MCMR
>be gucchi and drop $300 on a vseven hyperlight

help me decide
no i don't want a geissele they're too fucking heavy

Attached: hk chauchat.jpg (700x1100, 101K)

Because you're somehow reading "muh feelings" into this, when every critical comparison I've made of the Troy sights is objectively measurable

Ctrl+Alt+Del

vseven is garbage unless the only metric you're going for is weight

If you go vseven
You must go full vseven
No half measures

Ah so you're just parroting shit you heard on the internet. I personally don't like the sight picture on magpuls so I used these instead of buying something that I might hate.

But man they're so light and it's by that guy who was in Noveske when John was still alive and Noveske gets my dick hard.

Shit man just 'cause I can afford a $300 rail for a moment doesn't mean I can afford a $3000 rifle. But I see what you mean. It'd be a waste to put something so nice on an AP-15 lower.

Ash is the worst

Attached: IMG_4490.jpg (3264x2448, 1.3M)

>Ah so you're just parroting shit you heard on the internet.
No, I've seen how substantially more compact the Pros are in person

>But man they're so light and it's by that guy who was in Noveske when John was still alive and Noveske gets my dick hard.
Then get it. Be prepared to be called a retard when you put a hyperlight rail on a gun that's not 100% hyperlight.

True, and I think the barrel is heavy profile too. I'm not sure I bought it used. It is fluted though.

>braked sbr

Attached: 376.png (1066x781, 1022K)

pistol w/e

it prolongs the life of suppressors to have a brake.

A true man of taste
I hope you arent living in storage units anymore and have a proper home for the yachtgun and fnc

I know that. I wasn't disapproving

How long do suppressors last?

NIGHTFORCE IS THE RIGHT FORCE

Attached: IMGP1074s.jpg (1510x1000, 369K)

And if you did some Google-fu you would see the troys are actually lighter than the fagpuls.

>trijicon 2.5-12
>1000m
You really need to shut the fuck up. Using a capped turret scope at 1000m? Did you learn nothing from the train wreck of the anime dmr?

Attached: Lewis_Machine_and_Tool_Company.svg.png (1200x482, 34K)

>Did you learn nothing from the train wreck of the anime dmr?
dude he's learning disabled. you're picking on the retarded kid on the school bus. makes you look bad because its not a fair fight.

who wants a geissele super gas block

depends on if you're a tripfag that constantly has baffle strikes or not

It's going to be sad in 10 years when Wuggys dementia has gone so bad they confiscate his guns.

Ive been trying to hold back, but when he giving patently bad advice that he himself should have experienced the problems with it I get a little snappy.

Checked

Attached: FB_IMG_1540599222019.jpg (1080x1350, 63K)

I think the responsible thing is reporting wuggy to the ATF, a person thats not mentally sound, shouldnt own firearms, plus hes a hapa, so he was born insane.

>click there want
>down if you the
>grips!
wdtmbt

Is there any way to keep my crown from getting tons of carbon buildup? Do I not have my flash hider torqued right?

it's fine. you don't want anything torqued onto the crown as it could affect accuracy

also, if it really bothers you, you can get in there with a pipe cleaner or something but it's really nothing to be concerned about.

is this the thread where we shit on the m14 or should I go make a 4th thread specifically for that purpose

It makes sense that I don't want my flash hider overtorqued, but I was worried that the carbon buildup would affect my accuracy

So is /arg/ still deader than disco?

How's everyone doing? I hate to see it go down hill like this.

Anyone here have experience with a 12.5? I never really was interested in it however recently I looked at some data and it with certain loads it's basically identical to 14.5

Seems like it maybe the perfect barrel length.

My first AR was a ruger and a few thousand rounds later it's still running well. If you want a range blaster it's good stuff.