At the 82nd shipyard in Roslyakov, the floating dock PD-50 sank, users of social networks report citing factory workers...

>At the 82nd shipyard in Roslyakov, the floating dock PD-50 sank, users of social networks report citing factory workers. There are people injured.

>It is reported that on the night of October 30, during the departure of the aircraft carrier Admiral Kuznetsov from the dock, an emergency occurred. As a result, the dock itself sank, and a tower crane fell on the aircraft carrier. Information also appeared on the four victims. According to unconfirmed reports, workers could get into the water.

>According to the relatives of one of the workers, a rescue operation is underway. Alarm services have been pulled to the scene.

Pic related PD-50 crane.

How can Chinese even compete?

Attached: _zwV-UG86YQ.jpg (1280x960, 218K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ria.ru/defense_safety/20181030/1531737642.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_aircraft_carrier_São_Paulo_(A12)
youtube.com/watch?v=6ueoZX774fs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What impressives you of Russian military!

For me, it is Admiral Kuznetsov!

Attached: 45055319_10217713572700376_1312674282060382208_n.jpg (720x960, 57K)

Excuse me, mister Putin. What happened to Kuznetsov dock?
It sank

Only four victim?
You are like little baby.
Watch this:
>All 92 people on board a Russian military aircraft are feared dead after it crashed into the Black Sea.

>The plane disappeared from radar two minutes after taking off from Sochi at 05:25 (02:25 GMT), heading for Latakia in Syria, the defence ministry said.

>Debris and 11 bodies have been found, with no reports of survivors.

>The Tu-154 was carrying soldiers, reporters and 64 members of the famed Alexandrov military music ensemble who were to perform for Russian troops

Attached: 1280px-Chór_aleksandrowa_2009.jpg (1280x606, 255K)

>All 92 people on board a Russian military aircraft are feared dead after it crashed into the Black Sea
>with no reports of survivors
I suspect a big guy was involved.

The whole dock sank? Was the carrier still on part of it?

Attached: dock.jpg (1841x1229, 312K)

have you looked around Severomorsk naval base on google maps ? It's sad seeing Kashins and Karas half sunk or beached rusting away

I'm still sad over this. Thankfully the choir reformed and carries on.

Can't say I have. I do love zooming onto tiny places with few people though

So this is how the Russian Navy dies. Not in protecting its country, not attempting to project power in an ill-bid of global prestiege, but due to lack of maintenence.

>Soyuz fails
>Kuznetsov sinks
>Su-57 crashes

It's 1991 all over again.

I'm seeing conflicting reports regarding the damage on the aircraft carrier Kuznetsov. Did it get damaged in the process or not?

>Did it get damaged in the process or not?
maybe but Russia is never transparent with this shit

Ship undamaged
4 lightly injured

You can see the crane on top of the Kuz here That's the extent of the damage on the Kuz. Crane operators are missing though.

>users of social networks report

Let’s say Jow Forums had the opportunity to own one of those giant shipyard cranes, how would one go about weaponizing it into something spectacular?

Imagine the climax of the Tintin movie.

Attached: the_adventures_of_tintin.jpg (2560x1920, 1.38M)

Meanwhile, the actual news, not the fake ones:

The aircraft carrier Admiral Kuznetsov arrived at the 35th ship repair yard near Murmansk after the accident in the floating dock at the 82nd shipyard. This was reported to RIA Novosti in the center of the ship repair "Zvezdochka" (the contractor for the repair of the ship).
The aircraft carrier moored at the factory pier at six in the morning. Now the ship hull examined by experts.
"So far no problems have been identified. The incident will not affect the timing of the repair of the ship," the agency’s source said.
The accident at PD-50
Earlier, a representative of the 82nd shipyard said that in Murmansk, due to the power outage, the tanks of one of the largest floating docks, PD-50, were filled with water, after which it abruptly went under water.
In this dock, the aircraft-carrying cruiser Admiral Kuznetsov was repaired; it did not suffer damage in the incident. There were no victims, but four workers suffered - they were in the water and got hypothermia.
PD-50 was built in 1980 in Sweden by order of the Soviet Navy. It is designed to repair large surface ships and submarines, including the "Admiral Kuznetsov" and the heavy nuclear-powered cruiser Peter the Great. According to the list of affiliated persons of the 82nd Ship Repair Plant JSC, 0.0001% of its shares belong to the state represented by the Ministry of Defense, all the rest are subsidiaries of Rosneft.
"Admiral Kuznetsov" from mid-September underwent a scheduled dock repair at the 82nd plant, it should be completed in 2021.
RIA Novosti ria.ru/defense_safety/20181030/1531737642.html

Lift things up and swing them off into the distance

Or just a classic ball and chain

Well, it wasn't fake news. You posted what we pretty much surmised, but clarified that there were no injuries or damage.

Thanks for posting it anyway.

Also, there's just something that gets me moist about the sentence "heavy nuclear-powered cruiser Peter the Great"

You got to make do when the state is a secretive KGB run cabal.

>"heavy nuclear-powered cruiser Peter the Great"
I thought it was nuclear powered heavy missile cruiser

>there's just something that gets me moist about the sentence "heavy nuclear-powered cruiser Peter the Great"
I know that feel.

Attached: 1144 pyotr velikiy (8).jpg (800x1217, 241K)

Strictly speaking it's "Of the Order of Nakhimov heavy nuclear-powered missile cruiser «Peter the Great»". Idk why google translator left out "missile" part.

You have shit taste. British destroyers are far more aesthetic.

Hahahah ...oh wait, you're serious? HAHAHA!

Attached: 1144 kirov (1).jpg (2002x1221, 310K)

Ah gotcha, the PD 50 left it's mountain parking break on and it got stuck briefly. But it's okay because it was only a practice accident and everything's okay now, stop asking questions.

Never change Russia.

Attached: 1538654540730.png (500x522, 154K)

>The boiler they removed from Kuznetsov.

Jesus christ

Attached: Kuz boiler.jpg (1334x750, 176K)

wow
still, i'm kinda impressed it's still going (or was?)

Like removing a tumor

Do Russians do maintenance on anything ever?

Nyet bote is fine

If it works, it works.

Attached: heart disease.jpg (1418x1890, 306K)

Is the Russian navy still the second best in the world, the EU not being considered a single whole thing?

Attached: typhoon.jpg (1015x636, 117K)

Their formidable number of nuclear attack subs alone guarantees them the 2nd spot.

Genuinely horrifying. Its like a prop from a film.

I don't think they can be called formidable if there's questions around whether or not they'll actually work.

Well, the number and reliability may have decreased significantly over the years, but they sure as hell pose a threat, and I highly doubt a US sub commander or ship captain would dismiss them if he received info they had put to sea

>39 fatal incidents in 49 years of operations

Wew.

>I highly doubt a US sub commander or ship captain would dismiss them if he received info they had put to sea

When they go to see they are either stalked by the Brits or the Americans. No ones fretting over Russian subs, well, apart from the scandis.

Are subs as dangerous today as they were 50 years ago? Is it realistic for a submarine to stealth around and show up in the middle of nowhere unexpected as they used to?

and just to add, any threat can be increased by combining subs ships/subs together into an attack group

For example, Australia has new Air Warfare Destroyers, but if 24 enemy fighters launch missiles simultaneously they would overwhelm any defences

maybe i'm getting side tracked here

My issue is that there are fast computers that can pattern match images, and satellites taking pictures constantly. Subs can't sneak anymore, and a sub that can't sneak isn't very useful.

I recall someone posting a few pictures some months ago of a Russian sub taking pictures of a US navy exercise from it's scope. Not sure it was real or what.

Attached: Kuznetsov steam meme.jpg (578x612, 57K)

Even if it was, the Americans gain more by pretending they didn't know it was there, even if they did.

They do, but the Russian navy went through a fallow period in the early-mid 90s, and a lot of stuff went to shit. Things are getting better now.

russia is an interestiing place because entropy is like 5x higher than anywhere else on earth

Attached: unknown.png (600x391, 362K)

Subs can dive deep enough and stay hidden for a while though, especially at prepositioned areas ready to strike if an opportunity arises. With satellites we can only see them depart and get a general sense of direction

Sure we have amazing planes like the P8 Posidens but they have enormous areas to search and limited sonar buoys or radar penetration

Well they went from the USSR trying to conquer the world, to Russia trying to keep the lights on in big cities, and it happened within a few years.
Between 1991 and around 2001, military spending was just not fashionable and nobody cared about the fleet. Fleets are something that aggressors have, Russia was thought to never again be an aggressor. You don't need an aircraft carrier to defend.

>see sub depart
>start patrolling potential areas of interest
>if sub is near, it has to surface when battery runs out
Isn't this how the USSR lost in Cuba? The subs were on the bottom, and couldn't move due to the american navy sitting on top, and the crew surrendered when the life support battery ran out?

they're not all like that, that pic looks old too

Attached: subs1.jpg (1780x1100, 284K)

their carrier was made for an inherently defensive doctrine though, as was their entire navy
even the offensive looking weapons (backfire fleet) was for a strategically defensive mission

what they lacked was a strategic amphibious expeditionary force, which would be an offensive force
only nato dogs need that

Attached: int ship and looong subs.jpg (1785x851, 187K)

Such a juicy target, a dozen determined agents could cause billions of damage, without any of the bad press associated with civilian casualties.

Attached: ships1.jpg (1782x1181, 259K)

well, any docked ship is an 'easy' target. but for that, i'd rather climb atop the hillside and fire an ATGM or 2 into each hull, god that would be so cheeky, soldiers grinning as they run away

Why is Russia sucking so fucking much at everything? Why is China winning so fucking much at everything in comparison? China used to be the dipshit one now they've switched.

Attached: 1540788560104.jpg (1125x1282, 914K)

The navy is literally just a function of money.

I kinda agree with what you're saying, but everyone has periodic fuck ups, the US had 2 ship collisions in recent years with loss of life

The US also spends big with often little to show for it in capability or desired function, at least something gets made but still, wasting money like that can also be seen as a weakness or strategic failure

Dude, a F-35 literally crashed a few weeks ago. A bigger disaster than anything that ever happened to Russia considering the American air force prides itself in being the most elite air force in the history of mankind with only cutting edge technologies.

>a bigger disaster than anything that ever happened to Russia
Yeah because Russia itself is the disaster.

Because Russians cannot in any way shape or form face up to the systemic problems within their country. Both psychologically and as a matter of pragmatism for the few Russians who benefit massively from the corruption and cronyism. They'd rather believe it was the Evil West that pissed in their elevators than face up to the fact that most of the problems stem from other Russians.

I mean you raise good points and I agree but this is Russia's only carrier. It's ancient. It doesn't seem to be good for anything with how often it's in port. It's not even a proper aircraft carrier. I know having a carrier is a prestige symbol, but if Russia isn't willing to go all the way then they should be doing something else with their money.

China and India are both operating ex-Soviet carriers and they both seem to be working a whole lot better. Both will soon have larger carrier fleets than Russia could ever hope to have. The only thing China and India seem to need help with in the Naval aviation department is the planes themselves because Russia is good at those.

Attached: 1540685319616.jpg (960x940, 45K)

>A bigger disaster than anything that ever happened to Russia

What is the Kursk submarine disaster?

>Russia's incompetence is yet again brought to the worldstage
The absolute state of the Russian Navy

Attached: Raff.jpg (271x400, 21K)

Oh yes and this :

>But it's not so bad, see America has problems too. Every country is as corrupt and broken as Russia, they just hide it better.

Russians simply can't face up to the truth of their country, and until they can nothing can be fixed because to fix a problem you have to look at it honestly.

TOOT TOOT MOTHERFUCKER BLYAT

Attached: TOOT TOOT.jpg (886x1200, 84K)

Does Brazil's absolutely ancient carrier have as many problems as the Admiral Kuznetsov? I know Brazil isn't in the news as often as Russia but it seems to have a better track record.

So we all can agree that the Russian navy is not what it used to be. What should Russia do to up its navy game?

Attached: VOlYNRY4-_RPXYL9shSF2rvG61HHkyw7KnBpHGl5zts.png (560x415, 270K)

I think they scrapped it in 2017.

Yes the F-35 is a pretty advanced fighter plane that was a fresh design and not a derivative like Russian projects.

What navy game do you mean, is it russia that has 10 aircraft carriers with 70 aircraft onboard?

The Russian Navy never goes out without a tug in case a ship goes down, that should tell you enough.

Russia shouldn't even play the Navy game, certainly not the carrier game. Focus on other military aspects, asymmetrical warfare, submarines, etc. Focus on Russia's strengths.

Also the best way to help the Russian Navy would be to actually fight corruption and improve the economy haha. If Russia had Japan's economy (same population size), the Russian military would be fucking massive, advanced and actually worth fearing. Instead we've got Russia with an economy the size of Italy fielding a bloated military of (mostly) useless junk. I pray every day Russia finally catches a break.

Attached: 5bd211c497b3c521b400d3f2-960-1214.jpg (960x1214, 151K)

They've commissioned many new, modern ships, but I think the naval overhaul needs to be about sailor technical qualifications, maintenance regimes, discipline and safety, among others. I just don't think they're as professional as a force they should be.

Plus they need to back up their navy with budgets for repair and RnD.

Attached: buyan-m-2.jpg (1280x853, 141K)

>Maintenance
>On anything whatsoever in the 90s
Lol, no. This typo of boilers are very sensitive and were damaged beyond repair back than. I've been trying to explain this to Jow Forums since forever, but you guys prefer memes from small island's media.

Attached: 1538945813614.gif (283x238, 3.11M)

It has been decommissioned and never really worked. They used it only once to record some videos of Skyhawks taking off from it.

> IHS Jane's reported that during its career with the Brazilian Navy, São Paulo suffered from serviceability issues and never managed to operate for more than three months at a time without the need for repairs and maintenance.
>On 17 May 2004, an explosion took place in the steam network of the engine room.[12] The explosion initially killed one crew member and injured ten others. All casualties were airlifted by helicopter to the Marcilio Dias Naval Hospital, Rio de Janeiro. Two of the injured crew later died in hospital from their injuries. Cause of the explosion was a rupture in the steam pipeline. After this accident, the Navy decided to undertake an extensive overhaul to repair and modernize the ship.[13]
>São Paulo was expected to rejoin the fleet in late 2013, but suffered another major fire in 2012.[20] As of September 2016, she continued to undergo repairs; the commander of the Brazilian Navy, Admiral Eduardo Leal Ferreira, said plans were in place to renew the carrier's propulsion system. The ship's catapult was also reported to have problems.[21] On 14 February 2017, the Navy announced the ship would be demobilised and subsequently decommissioned, citing the uneconomical cost of further repairs.[1][22]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_aircraft_carrier_São_Paulo_(A12)

I also heard the catapult system never really worked and it had to reset manually for every launch.

At least Kuzya went all the way to Syria and launched a few airstrikes before losing it's composure.

They are ahead in the very niche genre of naval warfare that is Arctic warfare. Their only real competition is Canada, and they are way behind.
And if we get a proper global warming, there would be a new trade route north of Russia, where Japan, Korea and China can ship things to Europe for much cheaper. This could revive the Russian economy, and give them control of a trade corridor, and open new year round ports when the ice retreats.

Not sure I get your point here. It's not the Russian navy's fault that their equipment is fucked because of the 90s?

I remember that from morrowind, Lorkans heart.

That sucks. I heard they're building another. I'm assuming Bolsa will want one.

but really, biggest thing to improve Russia s a whole would be to crush political and corporate corruption that is driving the living standards down, rather than up

Attached: Russian-Navy-960x576.jpg (960x576, 86K)

They just bought hms ocean, they probably can't afford it.

Very true but I just doubt Russia could capitalize on that for long enough. Eventually the US would get off its ass and put an end to the fun. In the meantime, Russia would have squandered any gains like they did back in the 90s.

Attached: 1540590785758.jpg (956x711, 40K)

youtube.com/watch?v=6ueoZX774fs

yeah, yeah, i know its russian propaganda, i know its a civilian ship, whatever
the mood and atmosphere is what matters here, its all very family friendly and relaxed
they let their ships rot the same way you let that dust under the bed accumulate

nukes have a battery life longer than the lifespan of the crew

Attached: imagesvc.timeincapp.com.jpg (1440x810, 173K)

It's not the equipment's fault and sure as hell not the fault of the ship itself. It's the fault of the corrupted politicians and Naval officials who kept the money to themselves instead of spending it on maintenance which in turn damaged the sensitive propulsion system beyond any reasonable repair so that now the ship has to stay in dock for several years because the equipment needs full replacement.

>we wuz stab in back
It wasn't funny when the Germs did it after WWI, it wasn't funny when the Merrikans did it after Vietnam, its not funny here either.

>one f35 out of 250 crashes after thousands of flight hours.
>still considered the safest jet per flight hour in US history.
>somehow a disaster.
nigga, have you read up on the f16 and f15 development? they lost like 12 f16s in a single week.

>there's questions around whether or not they'll actually work
Russia is the only country in the world so far that performed full and partial SLBM salvos. See operation Behemoth-2 and the recent 4 missile Bulava launch.

Attached: bulava salvo.webm (1920x1080, 2.86M)

No, it's the fault of the crew. The people you're failing to mention who are actually in charge of maintenance.

>Russia claims to be developing a new carrier with 100,000 tons displacement, making it the peer of the new generation of American and Chinese carriers
>even if Russia actually gets around to building it, they'll probably have just one, MAYBE two
>meanwhile US building dozens of carriers of all sizes
>China is going to be building supercarriers soon and will have a dozen carriers overall in a few years
>fucking CHINA could have half as many carriers as the US sometime soon
>India working toward a similar goal
>Russia will have one or two
Collapse of the USSR really did a fucking number on them.

Attached: 1540603010248.jpg (875x487, 35K)

Is that very much for an airliner, even considering the chaos after the collapse of the USSR?

Nothing beats a beautiful salvo of missiles

Strap a Glawk 40 on it

Yeah, thats sad as fuck, especially given how sexy Karas were