To anons who never served in the military and are now too old to join: did you regret never enlisting?

To anons who never served in the military and are now too old to join: did you regret never enlisting?

Attached: l.jpg (2300x1184, 811K)

I do not regret not enlisting. Damn fucking sure.

>did you regret never enlisting?
>oh no! I didnt and wont get a chance to fight in a sandtrap or frozen trench outside Minsk in the name of billionaire business intrests, whatever shall I do?
short answer, no

Kinda. I watch people talk about camaraderie and consider how empty and valueless my life is and think it might have been a good idea.

Oh no! I did and 4 years and now I get a fat fuckin tax free check from Uncle Sam every month.
Short answer? Worth it

I’m autustic as well. I meant *I did an easy 4 years

I am permanently disqualified for a stupid genetic heart condition. Not that it would have been some huge life goal to enlist, but I think I could have enjoyed the Air Force.. or Space Force ;_;

I regret enlisting everyday

I'm 25 years old, kinda fat, asthmatic, unironically autistic, and may or may not be dq'd from even touching a gun at all (have an expired marijuana card from when I was experiencing severe back pain a few years ago, haven't touched weed in two years though).

Should I give it a try?

Attached: 160503-M-OB347-041.jpg (4584x3056, 1.84M)

>tax free
How? Government takes no taxes outta the bennies? This sounds too good to be true.

Attached: 744F470A-9C1D-4E5F-8E5A-C9CD8C25376E.jpg (363x372, 42K)

Tell us why, user.

I don't regret not enlisting.
I do regret falling for the university meme instead.

Its tax payers money, it's already been taxed

A check for what? I did my time and am inclined to think if something like that makes it worth it then that's pretty pathetic
I'll guess disability in which yes pathetic that you think that was worth it

Serving in the military?
A little.

Serving in some sandy shithole?
Never!

Any disability checks from the govt are tax free. You just have to report it on your taxes.

they wont take u if ur asthmatic

You don’t think making any additional income for any amount of time after you get out for a disability the govt admits it’s at fault for would make it worth serving? You should file a claim for Autism user

The two things i regret is not joining 9 years ago with my brother and joining the reserves first.

me the guy who wanted to join 18 and then joined at 23 and now im 25 with 2 years in 3 years to go and its gay af

tried to join 3 different branches, failed to lie about medical history, motherfucking asthma

Attached: 1342049277114.jpg (337x396, 24K)

I keep hearing mixed responses to this. My asthma isn't particularly severe anymore (I can run a couple of miles with mild difficulty, but nothing unbearable) and haven't taken medication for it for years.

it's not. if youre seriously considering volunteering to be the government's bitch just to find friends you arent using enough brain power

They would've picked you out during BMT. People got dumped CONSTANTLY for asthma during basic.