Resident Evil 2

Are you hyped for classic Resi guns and new beauties too?

Attached: RE2_Sept_Ada_png_jpgcopy-1.jpg (1227x720, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

resiyoyoyo.bplaced.com/enemy_files/RE2wdam.php
store.steampowered.com/app/234190/Receiver/
imfdb.org/wiki/Resident_Evil_2_(2019)
theverge.com/2013/5/8/4311300/electronic-arts-distances-itself-from-gun-manufacturers
eurogamer.net/articles/2013-05-08-ea-refuses-to-licence-guns-and-war-paraphernalia-its-action-games-this-year
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Leon keeps his VP70
>Claire still gets her Hi Power, just not at the beginning
I'm pleased with it

Attached: 1399716331358.png (500x371, 182K)

What about weird fictional names and factual errors (12 round mag in "Matilda")?

Attached: DhMmhmTXcAIBHep.jpg (1200x675, 111K)

I supposed they couldn't use H&K's name this time around.

But WHY?! Why its such an issue?! And if they can`t use company name (trademark), why they can`t use the actual name of the pistol that is not produced anymore for almost 30 years now, all patents are expired.

I thought Ada was supposed to be running around with a suppressed 92 during the earlier parts of RE2. Then again im just going off recollection of the book so i might be wrong or the book may differ.

because something as simple as a name change is cheaper than having to deal with some company getting a wild hair up its ass and seeking restitution for free advertising.

also HK hates you and you suck

Who knows? I don't really care either, as long as the weapon model is accurate and the animations are good.

I'm glad it's at least proportionally accurate and not mutilated with frankenguns like whatever happened with RE6 and 7

Attached: this is supposed to be a makarov.jpg (1920x1080, 176K)

From that awful SD Perry novel? Yeah right, and Leon had Deagle from the beginning in it.

But in original game she had Hi-Power - probably "borrowed" from one of the cops.

Attached: re2-ada-wong.jpg (892x484, 68K)

Actually the RE7 guns were bretty gud.

Attached: PMM Grach-3.jpg (602x470, 20K)

Slide is different, trigger guard hook isn't as sharp on the Grach, grips are different

I've never minded weird fictional names as long as it's obviously a real gun and not a frankengun, and the name is decent.
Factual errors suck but I'm willing to overlook them if it's for gameplay purposes. Leon's supposed to get a magazine capacity upgrade early on and I assume it'll bump it to a proper 18.

no.

why is this okay? they take out cut scene of leon and claire in the cop car with the glove compartment hi power?

Fine by me only for dat triggerguard from experimental model that only japs remember.

At least its not "peak frankengun" tier.

Attached: RE4_handgun_inventory.jpg (600x469, 94K)

Same reason why in same games cole 1911's and click 17's exist.

I'm guessing they changed the beginning so they start out separated and don't meet up for a while.
It's less that it's okay and more that I'm relieved they didn't completely drop the Hi Power for that dinky snub nose. I know they're going to stray from the original plot and pace but I hope it's not too much.

24 rounds.

Attached: RE2make_Matilda.png (508x475, 116K)

Why they can`t name them M1911 and G17?

A lot of them do

Apparently Hi-Power will be slightly more powerful than Matilda, for the sake of balance.

Wasn't that how it was in the original game? Claire's pistol being more powerful in exchange for lower capacity?

i guess mayne. I just wanted remake 2 to be honest.

i think that was only for claires single aciton gun.

The have identical damage. Leon`s VP70M is clearly superior for higher mag capacity and later upgrade.

resiyoyoyo.bplaced.com/enemy_files/RE2wdam.php

Who else thinks that M19 pistol from RE7 have some Makarov PM vibe in it? The bulging trigger guard my gues...

Attached: M19 PM.png (1206x456, 621K)

Is it technically possible to convert pump action shotgun into semi-auto?

Attached: shotgun-parts.png (400x320, 93K)

several real ones already exist

Wut?

SPAS-12, Benelli m3, Tec 12. They’re called dual mode shotguns you dumbfaggot

I love Maks

>Factory pump/semis are the same thing as converting an 870 to an autoloader in your shed
ego post

This is irrefutable proof that they will totally fuck up the firearms and their mechanics.

Video game guns...A SHIT. Why do these devs go out of their way to make this shit inaccurate and try to ruin gun peoples' immersion?

Attached: the-last-of-us-grounded-full-auto-rifle[1].jpg (632x354, 143K)

Yeah, nah, that's clearly not what he's asking. And the fact you replied the way you did kinda shows your hand that you never played the original RE2, which would've given you a little context.

There are no easily convertable pump actions, but in RE2 the starting shotgun was the "M1100 P" so it was presumably a semi converted to a short barrelled pump action, and these might have been the original parts. You could technically convert a pump to semi with enough time and skill in a machine shop, but you aren't just going to screw on a new barrel, mag tube, and stock and call it a day.

>gun peoples
Vidya gaems are now made by SJWfaggots for other SJWfaggots and they twist our memories and our views into theirs.

It’s a commercial Bulgarian model with weird grips

Attached: 055B3586-E2EB-45C5-B291-475B73BE2AE4.jpg (900x600, 98K)

>Leon had that custom made
I bet he rapes glocks and calls it stippling too

Out of all fictional Resi weapons, what do you choose, what do you want for real? For me, its the Magnum from Re0. I find it strangely attractive...

Attached: magnum.png (400x320, 68K)

No. I fucking HATE Crapcom for butchering one of the greatest games of all time. First by making it yet another generic, "cinematic" OTS shooter, and then by not having the balls to use the IRL names any more.

It's even more infuriating that all guns seem to be complete pea shooters now. You empty a full mag of 9mm into a zombie's head, or pulverize its skull so that only bit of brain mass remains hanging in mid air.. and they STILL come at you? Fuck that!

That's just a Grizzly 1911 in .44 Magnum.
They come in .357 and .50AE variants too.

Attached: grizzly 1911 44 magnum.jpg (940x565, 335K)

Play Receiver, frens. It'll redeem vidyia for you. For a while.

store.steampowered.com/app/234190/Receiver/

Specially with the two official extra weapons mods.

because most people know fuck all about guns aside from the basics, let alone autistic details, sp the rule of cool wins

im sure there is a legal reason as well, if they use brand names without getting the ok from manufacturers they could be sued

>im sure there is a legal reason as well, if they use brand names without getting the ok from manufacturers they could be sued
This "reasoning" is still stupid as fuck.
Not only have books, films and even games used IRL gun names for fucking century now, literally giving free advertizing and fueling people's desire to get "dat Beretta & FAMAS", but this naming mess was already courted several years ago.

Back then, the message was clear: you cannot "license" a virtual resemblance, and you are especially allowed to use MILITARY designation names, ie. M16, M9, Stg58, AK47... etc.

It is all super cancerous bending over for the big corporations mentality, that not only stomps on freedom of speech + artistic freedom, but will soon render us unable to talk or otherwise use tons of basic terms and symbols. Even Red Cross, a so-called non profit organization, has been C&D'ing people who dare to use a red-colored cross symbols on healing items in vidya and shit.

Attached: re2 H&K VP70 pistol.jpg (1280x720, 121K)

It’s still the most genuinely interesting RE since 4

You may be talking about American law, but what’s the case law about this abroad?

>new beauties
Just give me more Best Medic and let me die in peace.

Attached: 4607C1BE2.jpg (700x1300, 88K)

>this naming mess was already courted several years ago.
Can you give a link on this pls?

>but what’s the case law about this abroad?
There isn't one, and no one cares.

The threat of a lawsuit is already bad enough
Given the subset of population that gives a shit about this sort of thing probably isn’t the intended audience, it’s a fair decision in risk accessment

It’s autistic how bent out fo shape people get about it

>The threat of a lawsuit is already bad enough
The fact that people have become such money hungry, cancerous pieces of shit that they (namely yanks) find the need to sue and threaten everyone for every fucking thing all the time, and that there are folks that are OK with such behavior, is extremely fucking disgusting.

At this rate, we will find ourselves in a dystopia where you cannot even speak normally without buying vocabulary licenses from firms.

Is it OK for femme fatale superspy to carry 32 caliber nazi pocketgun in 1998?

Attached: 1480633183941.jpg (640x431, 64K)

>because most people know fuck all about guns aside from the basics, let alone autistic details
Fine, whatever. But if that was the only reason, guns in video games would at least be modeled to look like real weapons. The physical features of military weapons at least are common knowledge, widely mapped in video games, and look pretty much the same for decades. Fine, retardo libby Californian developer doesn’t know the AK47 holds 30 rounds standard or that the M16A2 is a burst fire rifle. But there is no excuse for vidya guns to look like this

longtime diehard fan of the original RE games
i'm pretty hyped
not sure i like what they've done to Ada's outfit tho

only if there are a couple Reichsadler stamped into the gun

this

Attached: jill.jpg (640x480, 167K)

I'm pretty hyped. Hopefully the Samurai Edge is the classic take and not a super modded or A1 version.

Attached: REstuff.jpg (1500x1000, 1.06M)

Where's revelations huh tough guy?

Is that supposed to be Ada

Attached: 1537587316398.jpg (1242x1878, 332K)

I had it on 3DS but I lent it to someone on my deployment and I have no idea what happened to it. Just haven't re-bought it yet. I also have Umbrella Chronicles, but for some reason it's not in this picture.

Back to /v/. Cringe fags.

yes.
And yes, the game looks fucking trash.

Honestly stunned capcom had the taste and restraint to set the remake in the 90s and use period accurate weapons

Attached: F87FAA79-7A4A-439C-9776-4902F9F47122.gif (255x186, 2.14M)

rule of cool

there are plenty of other impractical bubba'd guns you guys fawn over. Some artist though that looked cool and fit the tone of the game. Its all subjective

H&K is super anal about games using their name these days. The only exception was Medal of Honor Warfighter and its only because EA shilled big bucks for it

Do we have a confirmed weapons list for this game?

But the bonus "military costume" for Claire is too modern looking.

Attached: resident-evil-2-deluxe-edition-costume-video.jpg.optimal.jpg (1080x600, 119K)

Only this so far.

imfdb.org/wiki/Resident_Evil_2_(2019)

Oh yeah, that's messed up.
The bandana is alright, but that vest is way too much.

Attached: 90's US AFSOC.jpg (2890x1900, 748K)

obligatory jill sandwich

Attached: file.png (480x480, 398K)

Those actually look pretty good all things considered. I've got a lot of problems with Resi 5 but I played the shit out of it with my brother and the guns there were pretty neat.
Still thinking of buying it again for PC, I wonder if I'd still enjoy it.

This game looks so fucking trash i can't even explain.

Not true

Attached: AA6D5684-B6C3-4E14-B567-8788725DA64F.png (750x1334, 1.27M)

>The MOLLE system was introduced in 1997
>Resident Evil was '98

It's possible but that shit was rare as fug.

They got it so right once why can't they go back?

Attached: 8598c4493c29e18845ae6f7b2e5585df[1].png (664x593, 442K)

The original RE2 made me hate 9mm even after I actually started buying guns IRL for myself.

Still do.

And a cop with a standard issue vp7 isn’t?

Even more - military grade VP70M (M for "militar") machine pistol. Are machine pistol even allowed for carry and use in US law enforcement agencies?

Attached: VP70M.jpg (1800x508, 128K)

Yes.
Would have to convince the department to pay for them, but select fire weapons are totally kosher for the police.

>am I hyped?

I pre ordered the digital deluxe edition so I could get the samurai edges and bonus costumes, you tell me.

Eh, it isn't terribad but it is a little off for 90s operator aesthetic if you ask me. looks more like a modern PC without plates than the tactivests posted by others like:

There will be another problem with 90s "operator aesthetic",,,

Attached: DntndDgWwAAYAWP.jpg (1080x1080, 187K)

i mean Hunk was pretty 90s, sure he looks a little geared down compared to actual tac team contemporaries that inspiration was likely drawn from but the basics are more or less there aesthetically speaking. Hardly unimaginable that an informed operator might walk into a situation like that with plenty of extra gear and ammo on hand considering what he knows he's walking into.

>i mean Hunk was pretty 90s
He was more 80s, these USS guys were clearly inspired by SAS circa Nimrod operation (1980).

Attached: SAS USS.jpg (1116x362, 115K)

Its clearly more modern, "millenial look" for USS/Hunk.

Attached: HUNK.jpg (317x480, 20K)

Creating a properly balanced difficulty curve I'd imagine. It's a lot harder than what a lot of people give developers credit for, though I would like to see a developer go the extra mile in the future.

How is naming a gun something else gonna fuck up the gameplay mechanics?
Are you retarded?

The changed the name and magazine capacity. Right out of the gate that’s pretty indicative that they will take “liberties” with all of the guns. You’ll be seeing full auto conversion kits for Mossberg 500s.

>You’ll be seeing full auto conversion kits for Mossberg 500s.
Not likely. The shotgun will be upgradeable, but not radically, not like ReRevs

Attached: RE2 shotgun.jpg (1280x720, 152K)

>gameplay mechanics
It’s firearm mechanics. Lrn 2 rd.

It’ll be shit. The most lethal weapon at 15cm and totally inert at 15 feet. Welcome to vidya.

Hey, its tradition. The same with assault rifles with meek power and magnum handguns more powerful than 40mm grenade launcher.

I'm excited. Can't wait for this to come out.

I like you.

Attached: witcher_VP70.jpg (2254x1680, 1.74M)

I don't think a single gun manufacturer has sued over the likeness AND name of their gun being used in any media, it's also free advertising, I think the worse that may have happened would be a threatening legal letter. Alot of this has to do with Kojima and his anti war stance bullshit finally deciding to make fictional guns+names.

Some bigger companies have paid royalties, some companies cite, other companies go out of their way to license, and typically they do so because it's basically free. BI Studios (Of OFP/ARMA fame) has licensed the shit out of everything (Colt, HK, Trijicon, Aimpoint, EOtech,etc), and has even made fictional guns AND GIVEN THEM ACTUAL MANUFACTURERS. The MX in Arma 3 for example, a fictional caseless rifle, is made by CMMG inc. which makes AR-15's.
This is a case of a gun manufacturer paying for their brand to be in a game, and it's not the only example. Naturally BI does this because ARMA engine and assets are also used in a Commercial Military Simulator made by them called Virtual Battlespace (VBS1/2/3). And being a defense article - training article/software, you can bet your ass that gun companies would sue them if they didn't license.

EA stopped licensing
theverge.com/2013/5/8/4311300/electronic-arts-distances-itself-from-gun-manufacturers
And continued using gun likenesses and names, just without the manufacturer
eurogamer.net/articles/2013-05-08-ea-refuses-to-licence-guns-and-war-paraphernalia-its-action-games-this-year

So instead of Colt 1911, you see 1911, ditto for a bunch of other guns in their titles.

Basically gun companies don't care.
Until your videogame because a training sim, used by a professional military.
Then they really, really care

A bit, but they still haven't sued anyone for it yet.
They may dish out cease and desists or legal letters for all we know, but they've never sued. It doesn't exactly look good and they are always on thin ice economically

Make it in late 90's early 2000's Woodland camo. The IBA with the MOLLE/PALS system was starting to get issued in the late 90's

Yes, law enforcement has basically few limits and LEO writeoffs circumvent NFA laws except for thrown and launched explosives.
That said they can't justify machine pistols easily as opposed to submachine guns and assault rifles with select fire.

You don't want to give a normal american cop a Glock 18, even one with the rate reducer. That's a hole shitload of rounds they have to account for

>Bullet loaded backwards
Good to see the H&K meme has persisted this long