Shooting and arm strength

Sup Jow Forums, I just started sport shooting and I feel like I'm lacking the arm strength to do it right. How much of sport shooting depends on the person's physical strength? I see old, weak and fat people on the range all the time and they don't seem to be having a hard time. Is there a recommended muscle mass/strength I need before I can shoot properly? I can lift the gun and shoot for half a dozen shells but then my arms get tired.

I train push ups every other day and it's kind of helping.

Attached: clay-pigeon-shooting.jpg (630x400, 191K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uNljIrmLvnM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I got a lot better at shooting after I started working out

If you're a real noodle man then yeah probably, I feel like it's mostly practice like anything else, if you're rocking a serious chick lean and agonizing every shot it's probably harder than standing with good posture and taking decisive, active shots. What you shooting? How much you weigh?

Also fyi I'm a big fat fattie who works with his hands for a living so I got no problem, but I have friends who are gym rats who can't take more than 2 shots from a 12g and can't hold steady to save their lives

I think there is a correlation as well. Do you do any workouts specifically to improve at shooting?
I don't have a chick lean (my instructor says my stance is good) and my posture is as bad as anyone's. The thing is I've got noodle arms and weigh 70kg. Shooting 12-ga Beretta 686 silver pigeons (pic rel) and they weigh about 3-4 kg as I can tell.

Attached: 686_SILVER_PIGEON_I_PROFILE_L.jpg (840x187, 13K)

In rock climbing I see a lot of people start and immediately want to lift weights to get better. But they would see much more improvement and become more comfortable climbing a lot quicker if they just climb more. I feel it's the same with shooting. Learn the correct way to do it and put in the time and reps. The exception is probably working on grip strength for pistol shooting and recoil control.

You need to do bicep, tricep and shoulder workouts I suggest
>Any kind of curl
>Either tricep extensions or skull crushers
>Overhead press
>Cardio because you said you're fat
They might be nervous or not pulling the stock into their shoulder

It’s most likely because you’re a noob at sport shooting, though being fit certainly helps you in just about everything. You don’t have to be a complete gym rat either, calisthenics will be more than enough and you already do things like push ups anyway.

Just based on this I think it makes sense you're having trouble being new to it. 12 gauge is a big gun and 70kg is a small guy where I'm from. Like the other user said I would bet that you would benefit more from shooting than exercises, that said it couldn't hurt and if it weren't for the fact that I hunt I wouldn't be motivated at all to do cardio exercises to prepare for said hunt, so no wrong answers bud, have at it.

Core and back helps a lot too, because holding a 10 pound piece of metal in front of your body for several hours can really wear you down. It'll help prevent a bad lean.

Yeah I forgot about the back, I think lower back work would be good like Romanian deadlifts. For core probably just planking.

>If you're a real noodle man
youtube.com/watch?v=uNljIrmLvnM

Attached: 1540567228693.jpg (1280x720, 84K)

Man, Danny Phantom was the cringiest of shooters. Interesting to see that he shot better with the one gun than the other, though.

Upper body is important. Competitive shooters will have 100+ lbs of grip strength up to over 200 lbs in cases like Bob Vogel.

Working out will slightly improve almost everything about your life while simultaneously increasing your connection with your body and self.

i've had too many beers holy fuck im dying

Attached: 1522013872194.gif (500x368, 2.98M)

Holy shiiiiiiet.

pushups work your pecks, not your shoulders

Glocks where invented for limp wrists

Attached: 0c60f5dc96bdc46a410d3edc77827dbb.jpg (640x853, 77K)

What should I do at the gym to improve my shooting?

That's cause they're inexperienced and nervous. Give em some time to practice and get comfortable I bet they'd out shoot you.

70 kg is fine, little on the light side but depends on your height. If you're 5'8 or under its healthy if youre ripped, but if you're 5'11 or over and still 70 kg, you need to eat dude. Shorter dudes need less mass to fill outtheir frames

I'm aware that the reason is because they are inexperienced. If you had an IQ over room temperature you would have understood without this explanation that the point was that muscles aren't the only factor in shooting comfortably