Was going to get food when I saw this gunless tank being transported in South Carolina

Was going to get food when I saw this gunless tank being transported in South Carolina.

Looks useless, how the heck do you use a tank without wheels or a gun?

Attached: headless tank.jpg (480x640, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tor_missile_system
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

99% chance it's getting transported to a new post where maintenance will be done on it.

First time seeing military equipment being transported on the road before friend?

How stupid are you?

It isn't tank. It is SAM system, Russian one on top of that. I wonder where they got it from... probably Syria.

Attached: VDay_Parade_Rehearsal_Moscow04.jpg (1920x1282, 496K)

I'm most surprised that it's only a dual axle tractor and they don't even have the third axle on the trailer down

I see tanks on the interstate but not one without a gun, Bradleys atleast had this tiny gun, this one apparently doesn't and I don't see a hole for a gun, quick googling returns with a Russian tank but this highway is mighty far from Russia.

The Turret looks the same but the hull looks different.

It’s the same, it’s just that the turret is facing the other direction in the OP’s photo.

that is likely a prop for some training facility

Picture I posted is from front of the vehicle. Your photo is from rear.

Most of vehicles based on GM-chassis are pretty similar. Some have bit different roofs and exhaust set up depending internal volume requirements for systems built on chassis and power requirements. There are couple different track setups, depending on mass of vehicles. Soviets, Russians and Belarussians have produced 'em from 60's.

I'd say it is more likely a vehicle acquired from a 3rd party for testing. Possibly originally delivered to Syria, Yemen, Egypt or Ukraine.

Attached: GM-5970.05_-_Exhibition_of_military_vehicles_at_Bronnitsy_test_range_(5).jpg (1920x1280, 730K)

>Lol you can clearly see it's a prop on a trailer, on a trailer
>All these anons in the thread thinking it's real
The absolute state of Jow Forums

BUT GUISE IT'S REAL I SWEAR :)))))

but you can clearly see that in OPs pic there are no hinged on the hatches and it's missing the vents

That said it could be a useful decoy.

You can clearly see the lack of detail on the OP photo. Probably a prop or an American copy.

PRobably a hollow mockup target.

It's a Tor SAM model used for training

Why not buy some from Chinese?

>Impying the same hollywood that uses M60 tanks rep the modern US military and AKMs to rep Chinese/Russian modern military forces are going to make a decent Combloc AA missle prop

Like others said, it's a model of an old russian SAM vehicle:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tor_missile_system

Attached: 1280px-Tor-M1_SAM_(2).jpg (1280x831, 172K)

its a mock up of a Russian surface to air missile system

How can you be sure that it is fake and not an original bought from China that is a working machine?

Because a semi wouldn't be able to carry a real one. Heck, it's sitting on a six-wheeled trolley first, which then rest of the semi's bed. Shit's light, yo!
Also, the detailing is literally not there to show this as anything other than a mockup. No hinges, no flaps, no bolts, no catches.

will it looks fake if you see op pic and pic you can see the different
if it owns by military I thinks they going use it for training porpoises ,maybe air force ?
or hollywood you know movies

>Because a semi wouldn't be able to carry a real one
they carry abrams all the time

because a real one wouldn't be sitting on six tires where the tracks should be. are you fucking blind?

It's a mockup, you mouthbreathers.

Attached: morons.jpg (480x640, 96K)

Not in that config, count the tires. Unless it's a FULL 12+8 plate (plus HD rig), no one is going to put any sort of armor on it. This is a light trailer on a light rig. So, no, this shit ain't a real TMS.

Attached: a-m1a2-abrams-main-battle-tank-from-company-b-2nd-battalion-7th-infantry-regiment-is-loaded-onto-a-t (1300x858, 151K)

Are you saying American tires can't hold up some shitty Russian copy?

It's a ZOG false flag machine, deep state will shoot down an airliner inside continental united states and blame the russian government for chronosphering a SAM system inside the US, the US will retaliate by capturing jerusalem and building the third temple to summon satan

To be fair, I'm sure an Abrams weighs quite a more too.

But what do I care. I said movie prop before I even saw the first post. How retarded can you be to think that it's real? It's clearly a model.

>training porpoises
training them to do what?

It looks like a Russian TOR.

target practice

The National Guard units in that area are Air Defense Artillery. Maybe they had some use for it.

To not shoot at BLUFOR.

AKMs (aka Type 56) are still in widespread service in china tho

>a decent Combloc AA missle prop
funny story, when they were filming the real Red Dawn back in the 80's, they were hauling one of the vismod tanks for the movie through Hollywood, the truck got pulled over by two spooks who happened to see it and wanted to know where they had gotten a Soviet tank from

maybe it isnt fully assembled yet

It's a faux Tor used as Redfor.

>Russian one on top of that. I wonder where they got it from... probably Syria.

WTF, give it back!

just like me, you have wasted your time replying to anyone on this thread.
besides i prefer dolphins anyway.

Mercenary position