What is German Army like?

What is German Army like?

t. US Army fag

Attached: panzergrenadier_bundeswehr.jpg (1200x900, 338K)

A lot worse than it was. Think of national guard training, but regular force.

Do they still have units that are hard as h*ck like Brits with their paras?

Has anyone here ever had exp with a Marder?

Attached: Marder_1A3_tracked_armoured_Infantry_Fighting_Vehicle_Germany_German_army_military_equipment_defense (640x426, 82K)

I dunno, but if you can go try for a GAPFB. Wish I had.

They have the KSK, and that is basically their tier 1 SOF. They contemplated lowering the standards when everyone failed the initial testing one year. They didn't, thankfully.
I don't think they have anything exceptional outside of the KSK though.

For beeing developed in the 60's there isnt anything wrong with the Marder, it comes with a lot of neat solutions. Im not a huge fan of the ramp, but thats not uniqe to it

Yes, definitely. Paras and mechanized especially.
Army in general is considerd to be the most simpleton branch. Aka tell an army guy to run through a brick wall and he will keep running into it until told to stop.

yes yes i have heard all about them im looking more at conventional army units

ebin vehicle i would like to get stationed in germany one day so i could look inside of one

>Army in general is considerd to be the most simpleton branch

well this is the case with most countries i suppose, army in US is def full of retards especially in combat arms branches

What are Panzergrenadiers like?

Attached: panzergrenadier_bundeswehr2.jpg (1024x656, 525K)

Ebin indeed, but on their way out, Pumas are the new hot shit. The old Marders will probably be exported to some 3rd world nation like Jordan, Chile or Finland

>Pumas

redpill me on these, do they have heating and AC?

Attached: puma ifv bundeswehr.jpg (2244x1535, 1.12M)

>that one supreme gentleman still with his G3

Superior to American forces in every way. Just underfunded a bit.

Question for any Krautfrens: Will the Bundeswehr actually adopt the HK443 as a new service rifle or will they buy a token handful and stick with the G36 like they did with the HK416?

So... is Germany bringing back cuckscription or not?

Not sure about AC but considering that most of what Germany has been involved in for the last 20 years has been innadesert I wouldnt be supprised if its standard. Heating has been standard on all vehicles since the 70's.

The RWS/Turret with no roof penetration is cool too I guess

Conscription is unironically a great idea for euro nations, but I dont see it comming back to Germany anytime soon

From a chat I've had with a Para officer
do note that the para have a certain aversion to the army in general
>they barely train
>their training is very limited in scope of things they train for
>physical standards have fallen a lot since 90
>mental standards have fallen a lot since 90
>political indoctrination on diversity and the like that make him think of his childhood years in the DDR
>disciple has been "flipped around" and now serves political goals rather than combat efficiency
One storry he had was a 40 ish lancer that was for some reason still in the arty serving guns. Dude was drunkard to the point it very much effected him. No one gave a fuck.
He hit his wife once while drunk and off base, they didn't even let him back on base to get his shit.

from a guy at a gun club
they get to go shooting at one of the Bundes ranges. And sometimes go shooting while a squad is going trough their shooting qualifications
>half the grunts are "non-effective" to old, fat, retarded, brown or female
>standards are low
>they get to shoot less than they do and this is one of the few times they get to shoot a year while they hit the range weekly

spend a year after college.
No deployment.
42 hour work week is wierd. Imagine basic training, but you get to just bum around after 4 p.m.
Training is chill, hardest parts are 10k walks.
Rest of the time you either sit on guard duty or create some spreadsheets in Excel.
If you know how to use a drill, you will most likely just be put to repairing vehicles.
Good thing, i had a CS degree.
Though you can't shitpost on base without a clear notebook, free OS and VPN or they will definetely get you.
I knew this beforehand, i just wanted to chill for a year before properly working, in case you were wondering.

Attached: 1531304592942.jpg (835x773, 333K)

>unironically a great idea for euro nations
WTF, pls explain.

fug that sounds rough m8

it would be a great idea for the United States also, granted we don't fight wars for Israel

>youth gets to give sth back
>youth gets a sense of patritiotism and belonging to the nation
>widespread basic military knowledge among the population
>if people don't wanna do military, they have to do civil service, relieving nurses, paramedics or other social services

But he looks like "aww poo, all the other guys get the new, fancy plastic pew pews"

What makes you think any of that is true?
In the real world, conscription is only good for building rag-tag zerg rush "armies".

When did they scrap it? I remembered Cuck and Tea mentioned it was still going on no more than a year ago. Why did they get rid of it?

because it factually is true and I do know a bit about the system in Germany
I'm not talking about the US, I don't know how it would be there

There is a social unity aspect of conscription/mandatory service. Sebastian Junger has remarked that service members returning from conflict suffer less alienation and mental health issues in countries with mandatory military service because it creates an atmosphere where everyone understands and knows.

>Sebastian Junger has remarked that service members returning from conflict suffer less alienation and mental health issues in countries with mandatory military service because it creates an atmosphere where everyone understands and knows.

pmt

What kind of furniture is on that G3? It looks sexy as hell but they retired the wood furniture in the 60s

>Get a huge military for a very cheap sum
>Reserves can be used quickly in case of war, but no need for a huge army since they dont constantly deploy division-sized elements to support Israel
>Builds national pride and the feeling that you serve your nation

Jesus, what kind of a horrible conscription did you serve in? Usually conscripts after one year does a much much better job then someone who took it as a job because he was too fucking dumb to do anything else

germany doesnt go to war and especially conscripts never ever see any action. conscripts are segregated from the professional army and would be the absolute last people to be sent to war.

its really just sitting your time off in a base and occasionally larping as soldiers. officers also dont dare to put the conscripts under any stress or risk because if something bad happens the officers career is over.

>youth gets a sense of patritiotism and belonging to the nation
i served with turks, chechens and albanians who didnt give a fuck about austria. they view austria as a joke and would tell all day how grand turkey and albania are.

>if people don't wanna do military, they have to do civil service, relieving nurses, paramedics or other social services
they are not relieving, they are actively stealing jobs. a job that was done by a professional worker before is now done by a zivi (civil service conscript).

t. austrian ex-conscript

>huge military for a very cheap sum
it keeps young people away from college and work for almost a year, so its a huge drain on the economy and it costs you an entire year of earning money.

so the cost of conscription is really huge.

Too bad your system and service was shit, that doesnt mean everyones is. The nordic nations has had a really good experience, and it has created excelent soldiers. However conscription naturally only works if there is a high motivation among the population, otherwise it only creates arab-tier militaries

There was some report on that in Sweden, and at least there it showed that a lot of the people who didnt do conscription after they abolished it wouldnt do much anyway the first year after upper secrondary school, so it didnt really do much to the economy, and the cost of raising a 300 000 men strong army professionally would be far higher then any economical loss due to youths doing conscription service.

>Usually conscripts after one year does a much much better job then someone who took it as a job because he was too fucking dumb to do anything else
why should they bother teaching a conscript something useful? the professional soldiers and officers know you are just there for a few months and will most likely never return. a lot of the equipment is also too expensive or complicated to let some average joe mess around with it.

remember that european armies are underfunded as fuck, once something breaks it wont be replaced for decades and it also wouldnt be good for the officers career if he let all the gear get destroyed by conscripts.

hard to tell, its not wood and its not anything available in the US. Makes me think of the east german ak furniture that was brown plastic

>hard as h*ck
go back. now.

>Builds national pride
Which is exactly why it will not happen until the EU gets it's army. Even then I doubt Euros are so dumb to have pride in the EU since there is nothing worth fighting for in it.

Yeah, that's why South Korea is an economic basket case.

i dont think you know much about conscription in south korea or its impact on south korean economy.

So what you are saying is that the system wont work since officers dont want to make it work?

Also no underfunded army will work, thats not uniqe to conscript ones

But it alredy exist in many euro nations

It's the sling.

>39626266
Euro militaries are underfunded, bringing back conscription will just exacerbate existing problems.

It will, but euro armies have a bad image and struggle to get recruits. This is why they want to bring back conscription, its the dumbfuck solution to the fact they don't want to address the real issues.

youse krauts still using hk 417s as a stop gap ?

Not as a stop-gap. Its properly designated as G28 etc.
the stopgap was the G3A3ZF which was used as a DMR in during the first year in afghanistan

thanks user.

>What are Panzergrenadiers like?
The epitome of simple-minded fighting machines.
Patriotic, racist, brutal. Can ruck for days on end, physically fit, will yell at you for not having your boots perfectly shined on base or a 5 degree deviation in the angle your feet make when standing at attention.
Will bring out Marder and fire blindly into treeline to scare off enemy snipers in peacekeeping missions, might accidentally flatten a village or well.
Consistently drunk and catching STDs off-duty.
Would not want to work an office job with one but there are few groups who I'd rather have with me when the shooting starts.

t. Air Force office pog officer.

>Hard as h*ck
kill yourself you retarded fucking nigger

so basically the crayoneaters of the bundeswehr?

Attached: NRVs3D6.jpg (3888x2592, 570K)

I heard panzergrenediers are pretty neat

Yes. To the extreme.

Free OS & a clear notebook?
Pardon my retardation but wat

Wait, Germany has an army?

check out the Finnish military. conscripts beating Swedish and Norway's troops and US forces in exercises

my unit fucked up Norwegian platoon twice during my time

We call em Heckklappensurfers but yeah, that's the gist of it

But conscription lowers cost massivly user, so it would only help an army on a budget get back on its feet

former Panzergrenadier whos now Fallschirmjäger here.
Can absolutely confirm.
PGs are the Marines of the Bundeswehr, even though the are prolly worse at swimming but they make it up with firing their autocannons into yer ass without hestitation.

the same Fallschirmjäger user who used to be PG here:
The Puma, without it's teething issues is really powerfull.
the 30mm cannon is fully stabilized and uses air burst munitions to fuck up any infantry or light armor behind, under and underneath cover.
It has reactive armor all over it.
It has a hunter-killer feature.
It has top notch thermak and night optics.
it's engine is really powerful and thus it can move around rather quickly for a 43ton vehicle.
It has a feature where it detects where it's getting shot at from and can turj it's gun towards the source of fire and exterminate it just with the flip of a switch.

The whole Panzergrenadier system is now connected via direct data connection, every PG now carries a computer as well as a input and display device.

So you can actually exchange information extremely quickly within a single troop up to batallion Level.
Also every soldier now has a GPS, a nee version of the G36 which comes with new optics, lasers, bluetooth buttons for talking via the bone-sonic headset, adjustable shoulderstock etc.
Also OGs are issues Opscore helmets and a new Lucue-2D NVG.
Also they now have advanced thermal and night vision optics for the rifle and mashineguns.
The Puma also will get MELLS somewhere soon which provides it with a advanced ATGM.

Wanna pinpoint and exact enemy location?
now you simply need to draw it onto the mao and everybody uo to your BT commander can see it if necesarry.
Same with movements, allied or own troops etc... basically you have provided with a battlefield like minimap and Quick-call system now.

Thats pretty cool, systems like that are starting to emerge in many nations these days, I have seen similar stuff in both Finland and Sweden (altho I dont belive they have it for each individual soldier, but rather for squadleaders and up). Kinda weird how videogame features are beeing implemented into real battle.

I'm 29 and I just finished my CS degree. I'm burnt out on living in 1st world luxury and consumerism.

Is there a place in the Wehr for old grumps?