Why should a civilized society allow its citizens to own phasers? Why do you NEED a phaser?

Why should a civilized society allow its citizens to own phasers? Why do you NEED a phaser?

Attached: french.png (1140x640, 1.66M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-tj4qfe9afs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because the Federation might decide to just give up our homes to an enemy power with abolsutely no input from us. A government that is not willing to protect the livelihood of its citizens and puts politicking first is not a valid one.

Also the Federation can’t even put a stop to rapegangs on planets within its sphere of influence.

You say that but the moment citizens got phasers near the cardassian border they turned into terrorists and defied a peaceful coexistence with the cardassians.

>Trusting a government that was nearly taken over by brain slugs
>Which was saved by the single most incompetent starship crew in the fleet that has literally hundreds of disasters occur on their ship in under 10 years

Attached: Remmick_death.jpg (640x480, 67K)

the fuck is a phaser you fucking nerd

>Romulanposting intensifies

people on planets build simple firearms with replicators and still murder each other with knives and shit especially over high stakes dom-jot games
phasers occupy a specific niche as extrasolar weapons

get fucked hippie

That episode was fucking weird

“Terrorists”

Eddington verbally bitchslapped Siskin so hard that he couldn’t make a coherent counter-point and just ranted about “BUT THE UNIFORM!”

Maquis did nothing wrong. The Federation shot a bio-weapon at women and children. Handwaved it away by saying that nobody died (shakeup confirmation on that), but that’s like saying that burning down a refugee camp isn’t a problem because people were able to run away first.

The Federation is perfectly fine with aceepting “terrorists” in its midst when it suits them. Kira and Garrek are best buds with members of Starfleet.

it's a high-powered baby-killing assault death ray.

If your society is really so civilized, why do you need to prohibit its people from owning weapons? By doing so, aren’t you effectively admitting that you know that as soon as they had access to them, they’d use them on each other? A truly civilized people could allow anyone to own any weapon without worry.

Phasers are the single most useful tool available to the federation
>Can weld/cut metals, making it useful for damage control
>Can dig through terrain with a sustained beam
>Can be used as an emergency source of heat in a survival situation
>Could probably be used to heat food
>Can be used as a signaling device
>Can non-lethally incapacitate without lasting damage
Oh, and it can kill people, just like blue barrels.

Blue barrels have never directly killed, just instantly snapped spines and caused crippling suicidal depression.

I wonder who could be behind this post

Attached: goodmerchant.jpg (609x480, 25K)

>Reminder that Starfleet designed a next-gen combat ship that can be incapacitated by cheese

I don’t recognize the authority of people like this.

>Shatters the spine of and damn near kills a Klingon
>Oh it's safe

We haven't had the eugenics war yet, we aren't a civilised society until we kill all the dregs

His spine was already primed for damage from sitting on that absurd chair of his.

Chair or not, there is absolutely no OSHA compliance on that ship, or presumably anywhere else in the federation. Workplace deaths probably kill more people in a day than the Dominion have in a decade.

Anybody know where to buy some bio mimetic gel for treating a rare genetic disorder? Asking for a friend.

Attached: not31.jpg (582x530, 76K)

Honestly the Ferengi, for all their faults, ended up by the time of DS9 being one of the more likeable races in the Star Trek universe. A Klingon will cut your arm off, a Romulan will disrupt you, a Jem’Hadar will kamikaze your ship, a Cardassian will torture you with lights, and a human will literally bore you to death with condescending lectures on secular ethics, but the worst a Ferengi will do to you is overcharge you a little on some dilithium crystals. Not so bad, all things considered

Aheeheheh, ohhh I can get you some gel. What can yoooooouuuu get for me?

Attached: A2CB6970-3676-44F5-B16F-C325E9042859.jpg (982x749, 87K)

I bet that the Federation doesn't even have workplace safety guidelines, because of >muh self-discipline and >muh greater good

Electronic based ememy combatants.
Lethal and non lethal options in one package.

That whole 1st season was fucking weird.

Attached: 9D3449A2-394C-4635-AE71-40FD591821D3.jpg (660x505, 74K)

>The Federation shot a bio-weapon at women and children.
episode?

‘For The Uniform’. They justify it because the refugees were able to flee in time before dying. Sisko is literally laughing about it at the end of the episode. For about 1/10 of a second Worf looked like he was going to call him on his bullshit, shame he didn’t.

Its post-scarcity. Life must be beyond cheap at this point. Look at how many starships the Federation loses to incomprehensible anomalies or space AIDS or despot worlds, and they just shake it off like nothing happens.

There are some fucking weirdos out there.

Attached: weapons.webm (976x720, 846K)

Owning phaser over gun is poor tactical choice. No one is wearing body armor and worse thing you will encounter are some bigger humanoids.

I don't understand how that equates to phasers being a bad choice. Phasers are zero recoil, lightweight, extremely destructive weapons that on the highest settings can vaporize blast doors while also having the ability to go non-lethal.

Disrupter > Phaser

Attached: vaporizing_varria_by_fajo.gif (320x240, 1.85M)

Attached: StarTrekAnimal.webm (1130x480, 1.13M)

Sisko is an absolute madman, love that guy.

Section 31 and Obsidian Order were outstanding. I wish we got to see more spook episodes.

Attached: B6CBFC6F-A1F8-4689-8879-B4E0518E659E.png (297x299, 217K)

Considering how many times Admirals in Starfleet go rogue or turn against the Federation, I think you know why, Captain

>peaceful coexistence with the cardassians

You are a fool. History will look back on this and say, this user was a fool!

Attached: star trek-tng-captain maxwell was right, damn cardies.jpg (1435x1080, 731K)

Classified as a pistol

Considering how safe the ST universe is I'd rather not own one because of the added risk of accidentally phasering myself

>Why do you NEED self sealing stem bolts? You don't need anything more than a manually sealed stem bolt.

Attached: 1540954285121.jpg (1379x1010, 145K)

They are highly efficient for non lethal combat you stupid fudd.

ttps://www.weaselzippers.us/401605-woman-dead-after-stabbing-at-seattle-center-suspect-confronted-by-a-good-guy-with-a-gun/

Attached: 1541093908978.png (700x674, 159K)

I suppose it's better than DominioNiggers

Attached: Blank+_f9789d9bb589168d70548da2b9d9406a.jpg (501x585, 67K)

can never allow that to happen

Attached: oh noes.jpg (762x556, 56K)

You've obviously never lived near any border
>mfw cardassians shoot up and fire photon torpedoes at us every week
>Klingons used to want to shank us seven ways till sunday
>A single cube nearly gutted the earth a few hundred years ago
You fags are just begging for romulan dick in your ass, the klingon alliance was a mistake

To be fair those shits are scary. You shoot your foot and you just die

>Why should a civilized society allow its citizens to own phasers?
Why not? It's called freedom.
>Why do you NEED a phaser?
Animal control.

Attached: 1530517659076.webm (540x266, 1.86M)

Well, the USA has a problem, in that it is demonstrably not civilized.

I think you have missed the part where you have responsibilities, that go along with your freedom.

Because watch real sci-fi, not retarded 50s simpleton's utopian crap coverting anti-Soviet propaganda.
youtube.com/watch?v=-tj4qfe9afs

Attached: Babylon5.S05E08.x264.Ac3.DD.5.1.Rus.Eng-0-06-15-290.jpg (1142x643, 65K)

Redshirts aren't a out-of-universe trope. They are literally mass-produced in vats. Yeah, post-scarcity + Clarkian Magic = really weird shit happens.

Look at that boy fumbling with his glasses... It's really sad there's no white community and the only reason is because white people.

Taking out the trash is a 'responsibility' in my book.

>Also the Federation can’t even put a stop to rapegangs on planets within its sphere of influence.
Turkana IV was an independent colony that refused to be part of the Federation.

They fired a weapon that would make it uninhabitable as a way to both get a major leader and traitor to surrender, and to de-escalate with the Cardassians. They had plenty of time to evacuate and even a place that was now uninhabitable to the Cardassians to go to.

Remember, the entire hunt that lead to that was caused by the Maquis being the first to fire the same type of weapon at a Cardassian colony and render it uninhabitable to them. At that point the only way to get Eddington to surrender was to playt into his fantasies of being the innocent and persecuted Jean ValJean to Sisko's Javert.

Ignoring of course that he intentionally engaged in extreme acts of subterfuge and sabotage in order to steal a dozen Class Four Industrial Replicators as his act of treachery to leave Starfleet.

>Reminder that civilian ownership of phasers appears to be completely unregulated
They don't even question why a civilian shuttle pilot has a pile of 2285 surplus phasers.

Attached: finalmission8[1].jpg (475x362, 45K)

To zap primitives

>>WE MUST OPPRESS OUR COLONIES BECAUSE THAT WORKED OUT SO WELL IN THE PAST. WE MUST OPPRESS OUR MAGIC PEOPLE BECAUSE FUCKING WITH A MINORITY GROUP THAT KAND MINDFUCK US IS A GOOD IDEA.

Your civilized society went through a nuclear apocalypse and had genetically engineered supermen culling the undesirables (mostly melanin enriched folks from developing countries) for the better part of 40 years with the eugenics wars.

Khan Noon Singh is directly responsible for the federation's ascent.

I suppose that explains why all the browns in star trek are hyper competent at what they do