What is this

Possible military light with 42 toggle switches and 44 light sockets inside, seals closed but cant figure out what it is or was used for

Attached: Snapchat-639456234.jpg (1080x1920, 675K)

Another pic

Attached: Snapchat-836277582.jpg (1080x1920, 705K)

Its a light bulb tester, you screw them in side the box and plug it in and hit the switches on the side to see if they still work

Attached: vO7lRZ7.png (621x702, 56K)

Pretty sure that’s a FAMAS

spotlight

I'm glad it's military, no civilian needs to test 44 light bulbs at once.

Strangest waffle griddle I've ever seen.

any markings at all?

It looks like some kind of manual segmented display. Flipping the right switches would give you number readouts.

Yeah it has serial numbers on both of the lids near the edge, and some near the bottom below the toggle switches

Attached: photo0.jpg (998x1920, 155K)

The other number was the one from the lids and heres the one from below the switches

Attached: photo0766.jpg (998x1920, 138K)

Heres another top down

Attached: photo0098.jpg (1920x998, 186K)

Easybake oven. My daughter had one with 1 bulb. You can cook a baby seal in that

This makes sense. Maybe for ship to ship communication in radio silence. Though it seems more awkward than some of the other methods. This could be a signal that you would leave on, as opposed to Morse code that you have to be watching for when it's sent.

yeah it famas 100% famas

Ive tried searches like spotlight, ship light, incubator, sterilizer, light tester, fuse tester,etc. all with and without the words military or antique, sometimes both and havent found a single similar image...

I thought that too but the lights arnt laid out like the switches. seems like it would be really hard to flip the right ones

It seems like there was either a shelf or possibly tinted glass or something in it originally if you look at the pics you can see the tabs sticking out. And theres small rollers on wither of the sides of the lids as well.

I think it's just a number display. Three of the segments are capable of doing 0s and one isn't. There are also colons/separators between the twp groups. Whatever it's for you're not supposed to change it much. With all those switches you won't be sending a message very quickly. I'd guess you're supposed to program a certain number that people would be looking at for a while. Like a time, date, or direction.

It's a display. If it's American military I'd think it's Navy, but it also could be a commercial product. It appears to be missing a screen in front of the lights. Probably a grid of baffles with a piece of glass over the front to give the numbers definition.

The switches look pretty damn close to the lights. The ones that don't like up are probably controlled by combinations.

Might be from a railroad or airport if it's not military.

Oh really and which light bulb in there would make the difference between a zero and an eight

Underrated post

I'm just guessing here. Maybe it's for pictograms and not numbers.

Shouldn’t look directly at a FAMAS chamber like that. It’s dangerous.

GOD I chuckled