Is AR500 armor the best armor on the market?

Is AR500 armor the best armor on the market?

Attached: 6D42306B-847E-4280-9BEC-20555A890727.jpg (1024x1024, 201K)

Other urls found in this thread:

highcomarmor.com/collections/plates/products/guardian-4s17m?variant=20353440196
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No

Haha yes!

Oh top lol my friend, you've done it! You've trolled 4chin! You're going to get so many >guaranteed replies xD

Man and it'll feel like you have so many friends that talk to you

Attached: 1390446421573.gif (250x188, 895K)

anyone make ar500 helmets? what steel were the old steel pots made of?

>anyone make ar500 helmets?
No and any steel helmet would be too heavy to wear for extended periods of time
>what steel were the old steel pots made of?
Some shitty metal that didnt stop bullets

Dont wear a steel helmet

They issued it to us in the Marines, I was 77th Ranger Battalion and it saved my life from ISIS' 7.62 guns, I even saw a dude take some armor piercing rounds to the chest but the steel defeated the tungsten cores
Meanwhile I've seen good guys die who had ceramics issued to them. You just can't beat a metal projectile with a dinner plate, that's why good, hardened american steel is the only thing I use.

>what steel were the old steel pots made of?
USGI M1 helmets were hadfield manganese steel and were never designed to stop bullets

They issued it to us in the Marines, I was 77th Ranger Battalion and it saved my life from ISIS' 7.62 guns, I even saw a dude take some armor piercing rounds to the chest but the steel defeated the tungsten cores
Meanwhile I've seen good guys die who had ceramics issued to them. You just can't beat a metal projectile with a dinner plate, that's why good, hardened american steel is the only thing I use.

Meanwhile I've seen good guys die who had ceramics issued to them. You just can't beat a metal projectile with a dinner plate, that's why good, hardened american steel is the only thing I use

Interesting - using a shitpost thread to generate your own (You)s. In all seriousness, though, I have my own story to relate. They issued it to us in the Marines, I was 77th Ranger Battalion and it saved my life from ISIS' 7.62 guns, I even saw a dude take some armor piercing rounds to the chest but the steel defeated the tungsten cores. Meanwhile I've seen good guys die who had ceramics issued to them. You just can't beat a metal projectile with a dinner plate, that's why good, hardened american steel is the only thing I use.

Cringe

/bread

I heard from this guy that they issued it to him in the Marines, he was 77th Ranger Battalion and it saved his life from ISIS' 7.62 guns, he even saw a dude take some armor piercing rounds to the chest but the steel defeated the tungsten cores
Meanwhile he’s seen good guys die who had ceramics issued to them. You just can't beat a metal projectile with a dinner plate, that's why good, hardened american steel is the only thing I use now.

Quit fucking around you stolen valor faggot. Here's a real story. They issued it to us in the Marines, I was 77th Ranger Battalion and it saved my life from ISIS' 7.62 guns, I even saw a dude take some armor piercing rounds to the chest but the steel defeated the tungsten cores

I heard about this marine who went on a gravity fair ride, he ripped through the canvas and landed in someone's garden a couple of blocks away, the ride now has a taped up triangular patch now.

It's the worst. It has niche vulnerabilities like homogenous PE, but weighs almost 4x as much.

Yea but I heard about this marine who went on a gravity fair ride, he ripped through the canvas and landed in someone's garden a couple of blocks away, the ride now has a taped up triangular patch now.

Yes it won't crack from setting down unlike ceramic which cracks and won't stop a round if it does.

now this is shitposting

Attached: 409.png (600x753, 604K)

Wait guys, which ranger battalion was AR500 armor issued to?

CERAMIC
OR
BUST
3/4 CERTIFIED

Well in that case I’m going with steel. I’m not going into combat wearing a dinner plate on my chest. Also curious, What caliber are ISIS guns?

steel armor is outdated.

Nice larp stolen valor fag

What the fuck is going on in this thread? I just want to know what armor to buy for fucks sake.

All the Marines in this thread are saying to buy AR500. You don't want good hardened american steel?

They issued it to us in the Navy, I was SEAL TEAM SIX and it saved my life from ISIS' 7.62 guns, I even saw a dude take some armor piercing rounds to the chest but the steel defeated the tungsten cores
Meanwhile, I've seen good guys die who had ceramics issued to them. You just can't beat a metal projectile with a dinner plate, that's why good, hardened American steel is the only thing I use.

This idiot obviously wasn't part of the marine's issued AR500. I was 77th Ranger Battalion and it saved my life from ISIS' 7.62 guns, I even saw a dude take some armor piercing rounds to the chest but the steel defeated the tungsten cores

Buy a decent carrier and get level 4 ceramics from a reputable company. We're not going to do your shopping for you. This is the only time I'm going to be serious.
Alternatively they issued AR500 level 3 plates to us in the Marines, I was 77th Ranger Battalion and it saved my life from ISIS' 7.62 guns, I even saw a dude take some armor piercing rounds to the chest but the steel defeated the tungsten cores

Give me a budget and I'll give you a rec.

400-600 USD is about what I can afford as of now.

>dies from shrapnel to throat

sage this awful thread

quality thread

Let me tell you about the quality of AR500 armor. They issued it to us in the Marines, I was 77th Ranger Battalion and it saved my life from ISIS' 7.62 guns, I even saw a dude take some armor piercing rounds to the chest but the steel defeated the tungsten cores
Meanwhile I've seen good guys die who had ceramics issued to them. You just can't beat a metal projectile with a dinner plat, that's why good, hardened American steel is the only thing I use.

These are probably the best plates in that budget:
>highcomarmor.com/collections/plates/products/guardian-4s17m?variant=20353440196
Get multicurve if you can afford it. They will hug the body better helping to prevent rounds from squeaking behind the plate.

Thanks for a serious reply in this ass thread.

>being this pleb

Holy fuck I love these threads

Yes unless you are in the military who has the funding to constantly replace your ceramic plates. Ceramic plates can be compromised by hair line fractures.

My fucking sides holy shiy

Attached: 1419615974056.gif (200x150, 1.65M)

But Marines use AR500

No.

>not realizing that I am also half of the shitposts in this thread
We are just trying to make the point that AR500 is dogshit loudly enough for everyone to hear. Pic related. I cordially invite Steely Dan to come join the discussion.

Attached: AR500.recall.png (1319x323, 32K)

>But Marines use AR500
Fuck yeah, they do. They issued it to us in the Marines, I was 77th Ranger Battalion and it saved my life from ISIS' 7.62 guns, I even saw a dude take some armor piercing rounds to the chest but the steel defeated the tungsten cores

Nice katana. What kind of steel is it?

I'm the other half of the shitposts and I told you to get level 4 ceramics from a reputable company. TL;DR you suck and we hate you in the Marines, I was 77th Ranger Battalion and it saved my life from ISIS' 7.62 guns, I even saw a dude take some armor piercing rounds to the chest but the steel defeated the tungsten cores

I was issued ceramic dinner plates in the army. I was 69th Burger Batallion and it saved my life from ISIS' 7.62 guns. I even saw a dude take some belly piercing rounds to the gut, but the fat rolls defeated the tungsten cores. Meanwhile I've seen good guys die who had steel issued to them. You just can't beat starvation with a steel mess cup, that's why good solid american dinner plates is the only thing that I can fill with enough MRE:s to sustain my sedentary lifestyle.

>blocks your path
nope

Attached: 0A4777F3-D980-41A4-94D1-0D35F3F934B0.jpg (880x660, 53K)

aw lawd we are cancer today.

Attached: 1533225571684.jpg (460x183, 21K)

:clap: beautiful

You, sir, are a true American hero. Thank you for your service.

Attached: fallen.hero.gif (404x402, 615K)

>Nice katana. What kind of steel is it?
AR500

Cancer? Shit - I've only been shitposting, so far. I was only working towards metastasizing.

Attached: steely.dan.png (1014x336, 63K)

Truly patrician, good sir. I regret that I missed the unboxing.

Attached: its-tape.jpg (253x199, 9K)

Begone, skin walker

Bull fuckin’ horseshit. They issued polyethylene to us in the SEALS, I was a Gorilla Warfare instructor and it saved my life from 300 confirmed 7.62 rounds, I even saw a dude take the entire arsenal of the US Marines to the chest but the plastic defeated the steel penetrators.
Meanwhile I've seen good guys die who had ceramics issued to them. You just can't beat a metal projectile with a clay target, that's why good, hardened American lunch trays are the only thing I use, kiddo

This entire thread is full of lying, underage faggots. I'm not entirely sure how this all started, who knows what, if this is some kind of corporate shilling or if it's a spur of the moment thing. Nevertheless, there is some truth to this story, but it's a relatively dead army meme.

Here's the TruFax© certified skinny, OP. Believe it or not, I was a line cook for the 75th Ranger Battalion. One evening, our encampment came under ambush fire from ISIS 7.62 rounds. Yes, in fact, this part of the story is actually true. Where they're fucking it up is that the guy who got shot, who shall remain nameless, was actually holding one of our steel dinner trays in front of of chest when he got shot. He wasn't deliberately intending to stop the round or anything; the gunfire was so sudden that everyone jumped to get up at once, and it just so happened that this guy had been holding onto the edges of his tray at the time. As a result, all of the food went straight to the floor, but that's neither here nor there. The round blew right through the plate, but the resulting loss in foot pounds of force may have very well saved this guy's life (my understanding is that he'd been wearing ceramics.) The kick from the round caused him to fall backwards and hit his head on my oven. Knocked him clear unconscious, but he survived. A good guy, however, did not. Cam Thomas and a guy called Rodgers (?) both kicked it that day. This was in early 2017, and had actually been covered in the news at that time.

Moral of the story: Do not fucking skimp out on body armor. Ceramics are fucking shit, and you should not bring them with you into the desert. What you need is good, hardened, American steel. I'm not going to pretend to be some kind of fucking expert on the subject, but even a correctly-placed dinner plate can save a person's life, assuming that it's made of the right stuff. Finally, the little twats in this thread should check themselves and stop being so disrespectful.

>stop being so disrespectful
I said "thank you". What else did you want - half of a blowjob?

Gay and fakepilled

This guy's a real marine

Funny, This reminds me of an incident back in 1971 when I was with I corps RVN, 23rd ID AO. Our unit was tasked to provide an aircraft for testing the SNIFFER. We provided an OH-6A outfitted with the device and I volunteered to ride along as an observer in the back. Armed with a Colt AR-15 Carbine with collapsible stock and my issued .38, I tested my carbine and fired one round after arriving to a free fire zone. It did not cycle. I did not have a rod to drive out the case, which meant that for the next hour all we had were .38 revolvers to protect us. That incident turned me away from those Mattel guns.

If ceramic is such a good lightweight armor then why don't jets get made out of ceramic? Checkmate libtard

Thank you for your service

>mfw I see this thread

Attached: 8DA7D441-5D12-4E56-8AE1-535100B09CB5.jpg (640x610, 165K)

I think you read it wrong buddy

i think you need to reread the firsthand experiences here, your guns may eat steel, but do you?

Why tf do you guys buy armor lmao who do u think u are

Your betters.

My sides are gone

Jow Forums today is pretty fucking funny. I laughed pretty hard on several threads

What is all this horsefuck?
I was a janitor for MARSOC and I saw a guy take a certified Taliban 7.62 Bad Dragon round to the dick. Despite wearing plastified, steel ceramics he was penetrated straight through. Meanwhile my old-issue rock armor defeated the enemy's ceramic penetrators every time. You just can't beat a ceramic laundry bullet with a plasteel cyllinder. That's why good, hard American granite armor is the only thing I use kiddo.