If a military exists to defend a nation's borders from threats and such...

If a military exists to defend a nation's borders from threats and such, why can't the United States military deploy within its borders due to the posse comitatus act?

Then why can the national guard be deployed, when they visually look the same? I'm assuming it was the national guard that was deployed to the Mexico border.

Attached: 1537597910496.jpg (700x1008, 97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/national/ice-says-oregon-sheriff-released-man-accused-in-wifes-death/2018/11/02/c3d6de4e-ded3-11e8-8bac-bfe01fcdc3a6_story.html?utm_term=.4f1f0b50f45e
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm very certain it was the national guard otherwise they serve no pourpose imo

Those are thousands of future hard working, tax paying, conservative values voting, based citizens, not a threat.

Posse Comitatus only prevents the military from acting as law enforcement when deployed on US soil.

the US military can deploy within the borders of the US for many things, just not domestic law enforcement in peacetime. In the event of invasion or insurrection or natural disaster or pandemic, the President may use the military for domestic law enforcement, but those are extreme events that don't happen very often, and in any event, are subject to authority of the civil courts. The extent of "martial law" in the US, is that people can be detained without trial only until the civil courts are functioning again.

Lol I actually Laughed... You misspelled Lazy, tax evading, welfare collecting, food stamp taking, not assimilating, drug dealing, not english speaking non citizens!

>why can't

It can. Don't believe lying SJWs.

they can't unless there's an actual honest to god emergency, and the caravan ain't it chief.

>thousands of violent rock chucking tribals want in for the free gibs.

Yeah, fuck you.

yeah really cool how you want to use the military when the situation is easily controlled enough by customs and border protection. like you want to live in some hell hole where the army has a say in your day to day life. Keeping the military on their posts and only letting them out for public works and humanitarian aid is the sign of a functioning Republic.

The Romans banned the army from entering the City of Rome for a reason my dude.

>we're living in a functioning republic
I needed the laugh, ty down syndrome user

yeah it's really cool how the cops can't just show up and demand protection money *on top of the taxes mandated by law* and how people can't just kill you and get away with it by paying off the right people

this is a functioning republic, if you disagree you're a LARPer and can fuck off back to with the rest of your LARPing trash

>he thinks cops aren't above the law here
>"if you disagree with me, you're Jow Forums!"
Oh sweety, give your wrangler a call, they might be worried.

It can deploy in the United States, for instance in defense against an invasion or to put down a rebellion.

It's also worth pointing out that PC doesn't prohibit from using troops for law enforcement, it merely requires congressional approval to do so.

I don't think Posse Comitatus has aged well. You'll note the parallel between requiring congressional approval for domestic law enforcement and declaration of war, however the congressional declaration of war has basically become a dead letter. Also, "the law" has become a much more totalizing concept. Putting down an insurrection or -- just say -- sealing the border against unwelcome visitors absolutely would not have been regarded as a matter of "law enforcement" when the Act was written.

>easily controlled enough by customs and border protection.
You mean those things that are constantly countermanded by shitholes like California? Or how other states constantly interfere with our agencies trying to kickout those "good hard working illegal immigrants"?

washingtonpost.com/national/ice-says-oregon-sheriff-released-man-accused-in-wifes-death/2018/11/02/c3d6de4e-ded3-11e8-8bac-bfe01fcdc3a6_story.html?utm_term=.4f1f0b50f45e

>The Romans banned the army from entering the City of Rome for a reason my dude.
Promagistrates were banned from holding command (imperium) of an army within Italy Itself. Only Magistrates were "allowed" to hold command. So yes the army could cross into Italy, it could only be legally in command of the "right" people though. Learn your fucking history.

oh cops can get away with shit if you're dumb, but if you talk to your lawyer before talking to them the cops are impotent and can't get away with jack shit. Can't say that about most places on Earth.

ICE and CBP are Not The Same. ICE is an investigative agency, CBP controls the border and ports of entry. And correct, promagistrates relinquished their authority when entering Italy, but even those forces under the direct control of the Senate were forbidden from entering the City unless they disarmed and wore no uniforms.

This.

t. cuck

Tasty b8

Because the US militarys purpose is to protect Israels borders, not Americas.

Attached: did-you-just-call-me-a-pussy-communist.jpg (480x360, 94K)

Don't let the army enter washington dc then lmao

Because border security isn't a domestic law enforcement task. We aren't stopping people from leaving, we're stopping them from coming in. E.g. Illegals are an external threat.

Posse comitatus doesn't mean the military cannot function within US borders. It simply limits the role they can play in enforcing domestic policies such as law enforcement. Any national security threat is a viable mission for the military.

They can, but it isn't an army, it's a bunch of tards who don't understand how immigration works
This is customs and border patrol's job
Don't deceive yourself, this is just a political move by an anti gun president to look strong to his supporters so he can say he's tough on immigration.

Doesn't apply to the National Guard, as long as the governor of the state gives it the okay he's good to go from a legal perspective

Fuck off paco, your kind are literally more destructive than niggers

Attached: beanermerchant.png (801x1001, 70K)

ya sure about that, grandpa?

>they can't

They most certainly can. They can’t do LE, but they can support and assist LEOs. They can also do things like string concertina wire and emplace minefields. You seem to have an imperfect grasp of Posse Comitatus.

the national guard can do the job fine.

>The Romans banned the army from entering the City of Rome for a reason my dude.

For fear of a coup, my dude. Nice goalpost moving, btw. Your comment about sequestering the military except for display purposes leads me to suspect you live in the EU, which is anything but a functioning republic.

A pussy communist?

Attached: cyrus.jpg (480x352, 21K)