Professional knives for self defense? Assist me please. It's for my girlfriend who has middle strong, small hands...

Professional knives for self defense? Assist me please. It's for my girlfriend who has middle strong, small hands. What specific knife would you recommend? I figure it should be light-weight to compensate for her missing strength and arm reach. One that's small, light and deadly?

Attached: 55555.jpg (600x400, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4S6FOSUI0jE
youtube.com/watch?v=TbHjEK3Fc78
viper-ns.livejournal.com/tag/faciam lit mei mernineris
viper-ns.livejournal.com/115236.html
viper-ns.livejournal.com/115707.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A small gun

This. A knife will just be taken and used to cut her clothes off

Knives are generally a bad idea for self-defense unless you have no other option. It's much easier to inflict trivial wounds with a knife compared to a gun, they are generally easier to disarm (partly because attackers may see knives as a lesser threat), and it requires both more skill and more aggression to get the same effect from a knife compared to a gun.

op here
no guns allowed. eu

Attached: 111111.jpg (1024x667, 61K)

a 38 revolver

bump

Hobo tier but can cut

Attached: 20181104_134758.jpg (2576x1932, 1.43M)

Spike

Get one anyway, it's your right.

>inb4 I don't want to overthrow my oppressive government.

What is the threat here, exactly? Without knowing anything else you should get a small (~3 inch) double bladed fixed-blade knife with a high-traction grip and a safeguard. I couldn't name any specific models.

It's highly likely that your faggot government also bans double-edged knives for common subjects. In that case something like in your picture is probably the best option. Something that looks like a tool, i.e. has a single edge and is less than 3-4 inches long. Folding knives make it easy to fumble, I'd avoid that unless you have no other option.

Knife selfdefence is a meme and gives a way to the lot of trouble with police. Get a tear gas that gives a strong stream and not just a gas cloud, similar to vidrelated.
youtu.be/4S6FOSUI0jE
Not even less-than-lethal guns?

Speaking of self-defense, one guy who serves his 20 years for serial killings in a gang wrote an article on the topic of urban knife self-defense. He recommended several knife models, but he also wrote the criterias for a good knife.
Those models are:
- any carbon steel Mora with >10 cm blade
- Kochergin NDK-11
- CS Ti Lite
- Boker Jim Wagner RBB
- Kondrat-2
-Dikr by Vitaly Kim.

what's the name of the man who served 20 years? wanna look him up

Vasily Fedorovich, aka Viper NS, aka angry nazi knife nerd

Hoi hoi OP-Chan. Don’t get her something small and useless, give her a fixed blade large dagger or Bowie knife with a guard. Preferable with a spine of at least 5mm thick and a blade of at least 20cm. The blade should be zero ground to the edge and broad and wide as possible. The handle should be comfortable and secure, with a hard striking pommel. The sheath should hold the knife securely and always be available to draw quickly.

This will produce a knife capable of producing death in slashing and stabbing. Stabbing is much more effective and should be practiced along with drawing and maintaining control of the weapon. The small, light and deadly is a foolish joke. Why would you compromise on self defense? Dont you want to kill the other?

Attached: E3EED24F-FA28-45B2-B597-134EF612E9E9.jpg (3264x2448, 2.66M)

if you're eu you probably can't have self defence knives either. If you want her to be able to legally carry it it has to be something she can reasonably claim is a tool she uses everyday and have a cop believe her. You're basically limited to swiss army knives and nail files.

A hobo can make some thing better.

And he hasn't served, he was sentenced in 2015 and right now he's in a Snowy Owl maximum security prison.

I only take advice from people ho use compound words.

>doesnt need it for self defense
>gets caught with it and sent to jail because lol europe
>do need it for self defense
>doesn't work: gets taken from her and used to kill or severely injure her
>Does work: goes to jail for murder because your local lord isn't going to believe that she really needed to stab somebody, let alone half a dozen times.
A knife is a piss poor defensive tool in general, it's even worse in europe where self defense laws are almost universally laughable and include concepts of "proportionality" that are specifically used to fuck over victims. Using a knife on somebody without a weapon is going to get her sent to jail, using a knife on somebody with a weapon is going to get her dead. A can of mace and a female condom is about the best you can do in such a "civilized" country.

What I do for picking a knife for stuff like that is look for a hilt or something at the top of the grip that would prevent the hand from slipping forward onto the blade, that way it's also part of the grip surface area that helps force it forward. I tend to prefer fixed blades otherwise if it's a folder or some type that has the blade move I'd check to see how sturdy it is and if it's centered well in the middle of the grip. Blade size I tend to go with small stuff since knife laws fucking suck. Otherwise for shape it depends on what sort of utility stuff I plan on doing. I basically always expect to have to remove zip/cable ties. You need an extremely sharp blade for that if you want to cut through them and you really need a narrow point to get in there. A lot of the time it's way more effective to have a blade that tapers at the tip that can slip into the area with the holder part then twist the thing till it fatiques and snaps. If you got the right blade shape it's pretty easy to do that quickly without cutting anything that's bundled together with the tie while people trying to cut through it will just hack up all the stuff and probably not really even score the tie. So typically I like flat-ish blades with a tapered point that are easy to fit into tight stuff. You can do that with most knife types.

Not allowed mace, dumbass

Then im sure a knife is perfectly A-OK, dumbass.

You answered your own question w/ pic related.

I would rather beat someone with the rebar than try to stab them with that fucking thing.

Crooked plastic dildo shaped after pinoy billhook is not a good choice for any task.
If we talk about billhook knives, we have better designs, such as Opinel Billhook, soviet M-3 garden knife, Spy Harpy and Civilian. And mexican saca tripas, used for gutting sheep and other warm-blooded animals

IMO karambits are still great blades.

I have more fear of a knife injury than of a gun shot

A dagger the best self defense weapon since the romans

Attached: 0E495B45-5FF8-4536-9F2F-8729F6F73AF8.jpg (4032x3024, 2.72M)

>Stabbing is much more effective and should be practiced along with drawing and maintaining control of the weapon
nice meme

Spartan-George V-14
Basically a modern V42

Attached: SNSB27DEGRKYTN.jpg (1500x778, 52K)

How is this a meme? Explain quickly. What do you propose? Tell me your secrets.

Reminder that the knife a medieval peasant working on some dipshit baron's land carried as an all-around tool/weapon is illegal for most EU """citizens""" even though cops carry around autoloading firearms. Really makes you think.

Fpbp

Europe is fucking dead

Stabbing is more lethal, but people act like slashing is useless when it's not. No reason not to do both as they both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Attached: ZS-DH-7875BK.png (850x850, 75K)

WORLD'S STRONGEST, SHARPEST KNIVES

youtube.com/watch?v=TbHjEK3Fc78

Attached: Tactical-Katana-Machete[1].jpg (1000x1000, 183K)

>knife
>for your girl friend

It’s like you are asking to be castrated.

More likely to lose your knife with stabbing depending on design. Regardless, slashes and small cuts add up quickly, especially with weakening the opponent or making them rethink their decisions.

Of course everyone forgets rule #1 of any knife fight... your going to get cut. The no shit best defense in a knife fight is to run away.

Side note, I own two of MacDonald Armories Fairbairn-Sykes knives.

You may want to check if it’s legal to carry a knife. Or defend your self. Or complain when your are mugged/raped/ murdered.

Thoughts on pic related. Obviously not professional but usually in a fight the point in to disengage and not get killed by your own weapon.
Ouch dagger pros:
Maybe element of surprise??
Seem petty difficult to disarm
Instinctive defensive motion.
Cons:
Could fuck up your hand??
Hear they are illegal in a lot of places.
???????

Attached: 93193751-EE57-4D5F-8020-B70DB9B3E75B.jpg (350x206, 15K)

*push dagger

>slashing is useless
I have not written that; the design specifications I’ve produce are very conducive to slashing. Being able to chop off an arm is a good thing. Read more carefully next time.

Attached: 1541371972228.png (2323x1742, 2.39M)

Get her a gun, laws be damned. If she has to stab a guy to death (which will most likely not incapacitate him soon enough to prevent a retaliation), she would be just as fucked from a legal standpoint than if she shot a man to death. Plus, she might be able to get away simply by pointing it at the assailant and threatening to shoot him.
Aside that, if tasers are legal, get her one of those. Most everything else won't be effective enough. And even with tasers that's still pretty sketchy.
It's a comfy looking buttplug.

A few days ago I've seen JJ Martinez Navaja of the same size and it was four times cheaper

What about Kizlyar KO-1?

Anyone got a link to his book? Sounds intredasting.

He has a book about russian neonazis wrecking shit and a two-part article about knives.
Which one do you want? They're all in russian you know.

That's cuz it's a piece of shit. Kek and dab.

Attached: 1540921584613.jpg (204x247, 10K)

viper-ns.livejournal.com/tag/faciam lit mei mernineris
viper-ns.livejournal.com/115236.html
viper-ns.livejournal.com/115707.html

>What about Kizlyar KO-1?
It has the right shape but what steel is it made from?

>the design specifications I’ve produce are very conducive to slashing

>daggers
>conducive to slashing

Attached: DHOvkD4XUAAaYgp.jpg (791x1100, 125K)

Aus-8

a knife is better than nothing, but not by much. get her a gun instead. or commit to becoming proficient in martial arts training, judo, tae kwon do, etc.

the loser of a knife fight dies in an alley.
the winner of a knife fight dies in a hospital.

>the loser of a knife fight dies in an alley.
>the winner of a knife fight dies in a hospital.
Where did you got this shit from?