9mm vs .45

Guys, real-talk. I am about to buy my first gun and I don't want one that sucks. Is it better to have bigger bullets or faster bullets?

Attached: 9mmfag_.gif (500x275, 3.73M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TozprFrnn10
youtube.com/watch?v=uWR3LHEjRAE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bigger, faster, bullets. Duh.

so 10mm? does hi-point make one?

.454 Casull

the name of this movie escapes me

9mm is easier and cheaper to shoot and used by almost all militaries and police forces.

yeah but also you have to consider the fact that when you tell normies that you CC a .45 they'll think you have a big dick

It's your fucking preference dude. I carry .45 acp because I like the fucking round. It's been a great round for 100 years. Same can also be said about the 9mm. Quit talking about this shit here and do what most people do. Search the web and read forum after forum and after hearing enough conflicting information grow confident in the caliber you finally decide yourself on. Like 9mm and shoot it good? Carry it. Like the .45 and shoot it better? Well switch to that. I can shoot the hell out of a .45 acp more than a 9mm so finally and confidently settled on that. And then the biggest dilemma of them all. AMMO CHOICE. HST in all calibers, 165 ranger t for .40 and 230gr +p XTP for .45 and call it a day.

Price 6 boxes a month of both, and see which sucks up less of your yearly ammo budget. Now go practice. Lots.

hentai kamen, its a classic youtube.com/watch?v=TozprFrnn10

The fact you know this honestly makes me wish I went to high school with you so I can legitimately bully you

Any serious debate about the main 3 calibers are for cock sucking fag boys.

All basic autoloader rounds suck compared to rifles. Too weak, simple as that, and the differences between 45/40/9mm is so minimal in the grand scheme of things as to be angels dancing on the head of a pin.

In other words, OP is a fag.

Hit the CNS, or get fucked. That's the only way to drop someone quick with a handgun. The rest is hoping they bleed out, which is stupid. All 3 of the main calibers can do it. So decide if you like the recoil impulse of 45, the capacity of 9, or the cheap gats of 40 and practice, faggot.

Attached: 61c.jpg (308x308, 13K)

i can't find CNS, is it a brand?

Totes

in a rifle yes, but not pistol. their .40s&w can be converted to 10mm easily enough, but it'll cost as much as a real 10mm.

Central Nervous System.

Buy a 45, you'll thank me later
>9mm fag

If you have to choose between big and fast (within the caveat that you have to have at least X mass to Y speed) I take fast every time.

If you live in a cucked state where mag capacity is limited to 10 rounds, would .45 be the better choice?
From my understanding (lfew differences between the two calibers) 9mm’s advantage is in higher capacity mags.

Yes and no? 9mm has other advantages as well (less recoil, more rounds in a smaller gun) but ultimately if you can I'd say shoot both and compare. a 9mm 1911 fits 9-10 rounds of 9mm in the same size as a flush fit 8 round .45 mag.

yeah that's bullshit. If you get their descending vena cava with a gut shot or really anywhere center of the body they're going to go down and bleed out in under 2 minutes. If you think getting a hole punched through you pretty much anywhere but especially center mass isn't going to "drop someone quick" you watch too many movies

Attached: 1509243423814.jpg (1134x692, 56K)

This, mostly.

The same still applies for 9, 40 and 45. Some will say get the .45 for, "muh stoppin powah". I say if you are in that predicament, get what you can afford and shoot best. I carry a .45 and used to carry a glock 22 with a TT +3 baseplate giving me 18rds. I'm not in a cucked state though so my choice is preference. I chose the .45 because I can shoot it better than 9 and .40 and while I gave up my capacity, I in turn, gained confidence that my round can be taken in the woods and also used as my daily carry. I can also afford the very minimal amount of price per round difference, which I remind you, is minuscule. I keep my .45 loaded with 230gr +p XTP and know I can take down a deer, hog and the most prominent, a two legged varmint without sacrificing penetration. 230 grains of lead dont fuck around.

I agree but also put up 9mm Gold Dots (at least 124gr) as a very respectable alternative, especially in standard pressure only guns. You can also now get 10mm Gold Dots, which are apparently monstrous.

>Under 2 minutes
Wow, so fast. Almost the response time of metropolitan police. Hope they just wait patiently.

You're a fucking retard. Only pop-drop with a handgun is CNS, especially if they're hopped up.

Your exactly right. In my m&p 2.0, I carried 124 +p Gold Dots and same in HST. My 40? 165gr Winchester Ranger T. 45 acp? 230 ball, 230gr +p HST and 230gr +p XTP. Any if those round will provide excellent results in almost any and every situation. Now again, those round are my preferred carry choices for reasons of my own. I drew my own conclusions, so I hope others will do the same and apply similar to what I have in carry, ammo and round choices by listening to 100 different opinions and snowballing them into one opinion of my own that fits my/their needs.

> Is it better to have bigger bullets or faster bullets?
The current popular line of thinking is that neither of these two factors actually matters in this particular example. 9mm may be faster but its still too slow for that velocity to result in a wound that's larger than the bullets diameter(like what happens with rifle rounds). .45 is capable of making bigger holes but the difference in size between the two isn't enough that it actually makes a noticeable difference in stopping somebody in any kind of analysis of shootings. It is possible that the bigger hole may have a slightly higher chance of mortality in the near and mid term, but i've only seen that hinted at by a single low sample size study. This is the official opinion of most agencies and groups that actually study terminal ballistics in any sort of widely recognized sense, although i don't necessarily agree with it wholeheartedly in every possible situation.

That being said, both rounds are adequate and there isn't any clear evidence that the .45 is notably superior assuming quality defensive ammo is used for both. That leaves the 9mm being a just as adequate higher capacity, lower recoil, and cheaper to practice with choice. Unless you have a good reason to pick .45 or some other caliber over it that you failed to mention it's the obvious choice, particularly for a beginner.
youtube.com/watch?v=uWR3LHEjRAE
It takes away most of 9mms inherent advantages but not all of them. Still has lower recoil, cheaper ammo, and smaller guns. Whether that matters more to you is up to you. Hell, one of the biggest terminal ballistics experts that's still active(DocGKR) carries a .45 for that very reason despite being a huge 9mm shill.
You really don't sound like you have any understanding of the topic at hand.

This.
Because when your magazines hold 15 45acp what’s the argument for having a 9mm

Attached: AC60690A-F0D7-44F3-8245-0C469895F7BB.jpg (800x495, 54K)

Meant to put "you're". My bad.

Yeah because it’s cheaper. Cheaper is all that that 9mm has going.

>what should I buy?
Buy something you will like shooting. I like .45 auto and .40 S&W but had I listened to the majority of Jow Forums I would have gotten a wimpy 9mm. If you’re leaning .45 just get it - no ragrets.

Still more capacity

Attached: DSCN0008-2.jpg (1200x900, 1.22M)

>Capacity
>Recoil impulse for faster follow ups
>More defensive round options
>Upsets faggots who need others to do as they do to validate themselves because they got the micropenis

I say use what you shoot best with, but don't be a lying faggot on Jow Forums and expect people not to know better.

>when you tell normies that you CC
They make you into a pariah.

>9mm is just as good as the others
>the fbi told me

Fuck off. Weight wins fights and bigger calibers have that.

I wont disagree with you whatsoever. BUT there are others living in states that limit ammo capacity to 10 rounds. In which case I will always chose .45acp, but again, it's personal preference. Out of the three, 9mm, .40 and .45acp, .45 has the most functionality of the three, but being a pistol round and the options of those three, one can only come to their own personal preference and decision for what they shoot comfortably and accurately. I don't care if you have a .50BMG. If you can't shoot it accurately, hitting your intended target, then what's the point?

It doesn't matter what caliber small arm you're using if you miss. Daily reminder that .17HMR can still kill an unarmored target dead through clothing.The way things are now, it's better to have more bullets than less. If you were in a gunfight against yourself and the only difference was the amount of ammo you had, your chances to kill are greater the more rounds you have. This is why the Garand was a better battle rifle than the M98, and why the M14 was beaten by the AK47 a short time later. All else being equal, having more bullets is better in a defensive/combat situation.

>muh maximum capacity meme
reminder that even if you end up in the .05% of the population that actually gets in a shooting DGU you've got at least as low of a chance of needing 15rnds on tap as you did of having to pull the trigger in the first place. All these people obsessing over an event about as likely as getting hit by a meteor make me laugh.

Ya, .45 is mo' powa-full den 5.56 because um like heavier

-----
Coast Guard Boot 1999-1999
Walmart Armed greeter 2004-2017
III%
TRAIN LIKE YOU FIGHT

>Capacity
Hardly

>Recoil impulse for faster follow ups
You sound like a weak pussy

>More defensive round options
Literally what brand is available in 9mm that isn’t in .40 S&W and .45 auto?

>Upsets faggots who need others to do as they do to validate themselves because they got the micropenis
Got dicks in the mind? Sounds like a 9mm fag

Attached: 5BE53FE4-0732-4672-BC6A-91192CBBE72F.jpg (1024x1024, 74K)

>more defensive round options
Bullshit. What 9mm has .40 and .45 has also

Then carry a revolver with. 357, fag, stop relying on capacity.

Attached: 1536086636249.jpg (640x640, 89K)

>No arguments
Ha, I won, cock sucker.

Attached: 1534105099823.jpg (513x449, 50K)

Nope. One of us actually buys defensive ammo, and it ain't you.

Defensively, there is very little difference in the "stopping power" of the common calibers

Attached: Screenshot_20181103-190253_YouTube.jpg (2220x1080, 597K)

This is actually really funny and kinda made my night that much better. Thank you for that.

Wanna start listing those common defensive ammo lines that only offer 9mm loads?

I've seen that video and it's been taking out of context. While the image you show is correct, don't forget about the number of shootings with any given round. For example, while not relevant toward guns, still relevant toward numbers, I post:
>pic related
You need to need to post a link so others are not misinformed desu.

Attached: 1524607727855.png (312x750, 204K)

It really depends what you want. Increasing velocity increases energy exponentially whereas increasing mass increases energy linearly. But having a larger bullet means larger wounds and a greater ability to transfer that energy to the target.

(you)

What a great out of context quoting of a video by some youtuber about a "study" thats never been peer reviewed or even had the underlying data proven to exist.

No one can correctly answer that question w/out know what you are using it for.

A heavy duty pickup truck and a Ferrari are both vehicles for transportation, but they are used for differnet situations and purposes.

It's better to have faster bullets, which is why you should go with .357sig (or 9x25 if you reload).

But really, they're all more alike than different. The biggest factor is your skill, not your choice of caliber, so you should probably start with 9mm, or with something into which you can swap a 9mm barrel, because the only way to git gud is burning ammo, and 9mm is cheapest mm.

if you have to shoot ball, .45 is king. If you're allowed to shoot hollow-points, 9mm or .40S&W are both good options. I personally prefer 1911s, but make no mistake: you really have to PRACTICE if you use a pistol with a manual safety.

Depends if you're from the states. I'm not so it doesn't matter.

9mm. is faster, penetrates better, lighter and allows higher mag capacity.

But

.45acp drops the guy immediately and most likely kills him.

Poor bastard. Kill yourself while you still can

>police
>two minutes

Do you live right next to a station? Is your only experience with guns zombie games where the zombos will continue shuffling forward until they die instead of reacting the way people normally react to being shot?

He's right though, you know.

Attached: 1524634944222.png (586x586, 348K)

Two minutes is more than enough time for a wounded aggressor to beat you to death with his bare hands.

I just skimmed the sticky. I didn't see this subject covered. If I missed it, at least it's there. If not we really need to put this shit in there.