My grandfather is about to pass away and I stand to inherit his hunting rifle...

My grandfather is about to pass away and I stand to inherit his hunting rifle. I actually know nothing about the gun other than he uses it for deer hunting. What are the laws when it comes to inheriting a gun? What do I need to do in preparation? I live in NYC.

Attached: Gun-2.png (1000x203, 111K)

Other urls found in this thread:

licensing.nypdonline.org/new-app-instruction/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>mourn
>take rifle
>put it in your car
>bring it to your house
>maybe go shoot it every once in a while
it's that easy

You might as well give it to me. Putnam county checking in

licensing.nypdonline.org/new-app-instruction/

Are you sure? Even in NYC? Do I need a loicense or something?

probably. but if you bring it home and don't get arrested on the way who would know?

Haha seriously? You can’t own a gun in Jew York you have to throw that thing in a river off a BRIDGE.

I have another issue. Once I get this gun how do I transport it back and forth to my car? You can't hold a gun and walk around the streets of Manhattan. Do they make bags or cases to transport guns that don't look blatantly obvious as a gun? I don't want a nigger/NYPD accidentally shooting me.

Dude on the off chance you're serious you might want to stop blindly taking bait advice from strangers on Jow Forums and actually read before you become a felon

Can I get a tldr on that? Do I need to fill out forms or what?

How fucking lazy are you? This entire thread could have been replaced by a Google search.

No, we are not lawyers. We are not your elementary school teacher. Read the info relevant to your state and situation. We are sorry that you lost your grandpa, make him proud by caring for and using his rifle.

Ok it's not that bad I apparently just need the rifle and shotgun license.

I will. I don't know if I will go hunting like he did but I plan on holding the gun for protection in case the race wars happen.

Dude:
I don't know anything about NY registrations, but you are perfectly ok bringing your dad's fudd rifle to and from the car in a $25 case he bought in 1979
check around the house for ammunition, accessories, especially a case. He might have a nice, inconspicuous one.

son if you can't be bothered to do some reading to inherit something sentimental from your grandpaw maybe you should rethink your life choices.

SHALL

just give it to me in OH, ill drive out and get it. problem solved

guitar case

also look up what jew york considers safe transport so you at least know how badly you're be breaking the law but fuck new york and their gun laws literally just put it in the back seat and don't tell anyone.

>D-do I have t-to ask permission to have this gun?
>M-maybe if I let the guy at the municipal office fuck my wife they'll allow me to inherit my family heirloom.

It depends on the gun. Also you better not vote for cuomo. Also just fuck you in general NYC scum. The state should be split in two

Unironically this, city niggers should be dropped in the ocean.

You can inherit firearms in NYC, but you do need to get a license.
Do you know what gun it is?

Sad state of affairs, but that's how it is.

can u please post pics of the rifle u are inheriting including serial number?
might be worth something.

>but that's how it is

Sounds like grandpa's rifle needs to kill something more substantial than deer.

New thread topic: How do you assassinate Cuomo while armed only with an iron-sighted Marlin 30-30 levergat?