time to upgrade

Attached: gunsafe.jpg (480x640, 131K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01N916JV8/
youtube.com/watch?v=mtgVXvYaQNc
ar15.com/forums/Armory/Questions-for-AMSEC-TheSafeGuy/46-401046/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I know that feel. I got two safes now

Attached: 1539429812352.jpg (946x768, 140K)

Liberty makes some classy shit. I love mine.

Attached: lincoln-25-room.jpg (720x600, 316K)

Classy safe in a trashy location lel

>safe thread
>mfw third floor apartment

Attached: 43242444.jpg (768x576, 35K)

Why does this look like a shitty photoshop?

Also:
>using a safe

Hell ya brother

I talked to a Liberty safe rep at a gun show...their shit is top notch.

They even have safes that have an encrypted hard drive built in to keep your stored computer files. Its pretty wild.

Attached: gunsafe.jpg (900x675, 112K)

What's wrong with putting it right by the fireplace? In the winter you can keep your guns nice and toasty. I was thinking about putting my TV on top of mine.

SecureIt gun safes come flat packed to your door and is as good as other safes in its price range (it will keep out the quick smash and grab burglar)

That looks like a good alternative. But I dunno if I can jam 10 guns into that Agile. But something like that Is just what I need

it probably is. I'm just not uploading one of my own.
>>using a safe
>2018
>not using a safe
it's like you don't want burglar resistance, or most importantly, fire resistance.

Attached: lx50burgundycombo[1].jpg (2017x1441, 470K)

most of the non-basic ones have a USB and ethernet port pass-through so you can have your own hard drive within and just need a USB connection for it

Its designed for 6 long guns + a hand full of handguns depending on the size of the hand guns and barrel length of the long guns.

My main Stock-On cabinet is pretty much full. Thought about adding some shelves to house handguns or something but I'm pretty just better off buying yet another cabinet

Attached: IMAG1332.jpg (3024x4032, 3.22M)

So basically the hard drive would physically be inside the safe then u run a USB and ethernet cable to ur computer?

This thread screams of shill. I don't know why. And lets not pretend, most of Jow Forums has stack on cabinets at best.

That is clearly photoshopped. I can tell by the pixels.

Take the ammo out of the safe. What thief is going to steal a bunch of heavy ammo cans?

>Its designed for 6 long guns
i see that but i need to to FIT 10 guns. Design be damned

One that owns firearms himself?

I bought 2 and put shelves in one for ammo and handguns. I'm considering buying a third just for scattergats.

I keep the ones I have behind a locked fire door in my basement. I hope one day to afford a real safe, but there are still more guns I want.

What I'm getting at is do you have 10 long guns or 6 long guns and 4 handguns?

If the latter then you have no problem, if the former then you could probably force it but you won't be able to use the organizers that come with it.

You joking? If I was a thief and found a can full of ammo I'd be ecstatic. Not only do I shoot guns myself but ammo is easy to sell and worth a bit.

The green cans hold my AR and AK mags, the brown can holds my M9A3.

8 milsurp
1 AK
1 handgun

dont really care about the organizer, just need to foil smash and grabs

I wouldn't trust any guns that have been in a fire, I'm not aware of any way to know if the heat treat has been compromised.

Best bet is to just get them insured and replace them if you do have a fire.

I know that struggle. My safe can barely close, my ammo is in cans, and my mags are thrown in a banana box next to my shitty cabinet.

I think they would fit if you don't mind them all piled up in there.

I dont mind and I can remove the bolts from most of the milsurp to add a little wiggle room

How about optics? That cuts down about a gun per optic.

>safe thread
someone post the screencap detailing how safes are designed and the design behind fire resistance vs water resistance making a difference. I can't find it in my folder

I suggest adding some led ribbon lighting to that cabinet. It makes it so much nicer to find things.
Mines gotten a bit more full since this pic but dont feel like taking another one.

Attached: 20170917_174006.jpg (4128x2322, 2.81M)

none.

Y'all with your safes and houses and I'm just over here with my USP and AR15 in a fucking shoebox of a room.
$350 a month tho for everything so yeah.

one or the other. I've been planning on routing an ethernet over to the safe for backup purposes like that. better than my current manual process of getting the hard drive out and writing to it and putting it back.

Sorry, all the liberty stuff is me. I got one a couple years back and love it. there are many nice brands so I'm sure a Ft Knox or the other high end ones are excellent, too. I have a stack-on for ammo containment.

not everything can be easily replaced. and that's what the fireproofing is for. depending on the fire, there's plenty of examples of high-end safes that don't even allow the inside to get hot enough to severely damage the wood, nonetheless the steel.

Attached: lincoln 35.jpg (298x452, 36K)

So do you have a counterpoint to Liberty safes being quite thin and easy to cut through?

I got a cabinet.
The safes in my price range would only last a minute against two jackasses with crowbars anyway.
Currently adding camouflage in the form of stickers.
>skateboarding
>Bernie Sanders
>hipster bands
No way are there guns in here.

Attached: 20180917_185127.jpg (2880x2160, 2.09M)

where did you get those magnets on the door???

those stickers scream edgy teenager

From Amazon of course.

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01N916JV8/

I love those magnets and have a set on the fridge also.
The gun cabinet ones hold all the extra slings, ear muffs, hunting license and a AK bayonet on the outside.

not really, other than I expect most safes are reasonably easy to cut through with the right power tools and time. I'll need a second one before too long, send any info my way bby.

I've got a Liberty Colonial 30. Got it so I'd have enough room to store non-firearms items as well but I already need to empty out the other side for more guns.

Attached: 20180602_115816.jpg (2728x3638, 2.92M)

Depends on your budget. High end safes can be really goddamn hard to get into. For people on at least somewhat reasonable budgets, Sturdy Safe offers the best actual protection (i.e. thickest steel) for your money. They aren't as pretty but they'll slow down the cunt with an angle grinder if it comes to that.

There is always a neckbeard in Safe threads on Jow Forums that rambles about how they can "easily" be broken into...

The average burglar is smash and grab...they arent coming into your house with power tools. Get real.

Nice set up, how much cash u got there big boi

Usually try to keep at least $1,000 on hand. Always wanted to make it $10k but every time I get close to $2k I end up buying something gun related.

We are talking about niggers here, if you have a stock of .40s&w that's on you.

You're not wrong at all, and frankly I'm personally not actually worried about theft very much. I live in a very low-crime area. However, if I'm going to dump a bunch of money on a safe, I figure I might as well get the best protection I can. The interiors of Sturdy Safes are a bit sparse, but as long as there's tons of rack slots for rifles and ample shelf space for pistols, I don't really give a shit. I also like that their long gun racks are in parallel rows, instead of the U-shaped bullshit that most cheap safes and cabinets do, where they pretend that you're going to be able to fit a dozen guns in a tight circle without the stocks slamming into eachother, and god help you if you have a scoped rifle.
Pic related isn't mine but it's the first Sturdy Safe I saw and what made me look into the brand.

Attached: sexysexyrifleracks.jpg (3264x2448, 581K)

Hi Points come in .45 friendo

What's the best safe to get for a person who only needs a cabinet the size of a small office cabinet?
Something that's roughly no more than 3 feet tall? All the safes I see are either for people that want to lock up just one $5000 custom heirloom 1911 or a shit ton of long guns.

Attached: 1432235207200.jpg (385x385, 18K)

Attached: lake.jpg (1100x619, 92K)

budget?

Depends on your budget. I haven't seen an actual safe posted in this thread, just a bunch of Liberty RSCs.

What's your budget user?

I got $500 or so. All these things are really expensive so I think my best alternative would be to harden and lock up my small guns in a locker of sorts and put it in my closet. Honestly I think that's what people are going to tell me to do but if there's a good deal somewhere I'd like to know.

I actually had to open my cabinet with a crowbar when the cheap lock on it jammed. True story.

For $500 your best bet is going to be one of those Winchester safes from Tractor Supply, bolt it in the closet.

How long did it take you?

>tfw your gun storage method is having them strewn all around the place

Attached: 1541058960765.jpg (640x559, 23K)

About an hour and an awkward trip to my local hardware store. I didn't tell the cashier what the prybar was for, obviously.

Attached: IMG_20181104_193343.jpg (3120x4160, 3.88M)

Are there any sub $500 safes for a dozen guns (handgun/rifle mix) that aren't shit? Primarily for deterring a brick through the window future astronaut type break in.

Did you not read his post?
>"Currently adding camouflage in the form of stickers."

Are secret furniture compartments a practical thing to have?
youtube.com/watch?v=mtgVXvYaQNc

So what exactly makes a safe a gun safe? Why can't I just store a pistol in any other safe?

Attached: 1fe.png (658x662, 59K)

Kind of, depends are where it is hidden.

Obviously anything a thief can't find will be safe but expect a thief to turn over and break every piece of furniture in your home. If an underprivileged youth turned over that table and the magnetic flap opened up then your security has been defeated.

You can, a gun safe is usually distinguished in that they are large enough for a long gun or designed for quick access for a handgun but nothing is stopping you from putting a handgun in any regular safe.

a gun safe says nice things to your guns while they sleep
any regular old safe doesn't

Do you actually think niggers will even look at those stickers? No, they just see a locked cabinet and know there are valuables inside. Turn ur brain on

Maybe you should turn your brain on faggot. I never said that shit worked. I was just telling the other guy (which I assume is you) that OP already made it clear that his stickers were retarded and that stating "those stickers scream edgy teenager" was redundant.

no safe, just a Stack On locker

plz no bully

I lost the key to one of those like 8 gun stack on cabinets and I busted into that in like less than 2 minutes. Got a wrecking bar from the garage and easily pried that thing apart.

Emerald Bay is the shit.

The first thing I did with mine was replace the shitty key lock with a combination lock.

Okay you fucking dork i dont care.

Had to remove the locking bars and the lock flew out when I put pressure on it with the crowbar. When it was all over, the door still worked and I childproofed it with a new lock.

Attached: IMG_20181104_193441.jpg (3120x4160, 3.35M)

every safe posted in here so far can be defeated by a pry bar.

I remember when I was you.

Learn from my experience.

That won't stop a thief. That just keeps honest folks from getting too curious.

If a safe is your only layer of security (besides locking your house) you're doing it wrong.

Attached: out.jpg (2218x4656, 2.26M)

I'm looking at getting either their 1776 series 30 gun safe (due to extended fire rating) or their 36 gun USA series (due to larger capacity) from Fleet Farm, hopefully on sale on black friday

I have 20+ long guns, mostly AKs and ARs. I would love a 64 or 48 gun safe but I am going to put this in my basement and size/weight is a very real concern. I dont think the 48 gun would fit where I plan for it to go, and the weight would probably break the stairs in my 75 year old house.

What do boys?

Most burglaries take place between 10am and 2pm when you're at work, where people expect loud noises and won't call the police when someone dollies your safe out your garage.

Buy a safe at an estate sale or don't bother. "Fire safe" safes are all easily defeated with pry bars or a sledge hammer and a pick.

God damn that's sexy.

.... OK. So then what safe should I buy if liberty safes are shit?

Let me see if I can dig up a great article for you

Based Washingtonian

Can anyone recommend a bedside pistol safe? I need something to comply with safe-storage laws.

Your safe appears to be buckling from the weight of a small pile of mags and junk on top of it.

>Stack-On
Thanks, I'll be sure to avoid that brand in the future.

Thank you, user. Unfortunately, It's only a short while longer until we discover the fate of WA gun owners.

Attached: innamount.jpg (5344x3006, 3.84M)

Safes are a weird thing, they're kinda neat and stuff because everyone has seen them growing up in movies and its fun locking up shit.

In reality user is right that literally any safe in this thread could be popped open with a good pry bar and you can bet your ass if you had a few thousand dollar safe that burglar is going to get into it if you have no house alarm.

The 5k super heavy safe has and will always been a meme made to take more money away from you. Unless you go full fucking autistic security level and build a concrete reinforced room with a good alarm system it doesn't matter at all. You might as well just get some good heavy gauge steel cabinets with an actual good lock and get an alarm system. Spend more on guns and insurance.

I pray for you poor bastards. Jow Forumsube save you all. The west coast can't fall. It'll spread inland if it does

Yep. If you look at what criminals say probably the best break in deterrent in a big dog that aggressively barks at strangers. The vast majority of thieves will move on from a home with a big barking dog.

I understand that a motivated thief can get into my safe.
I do like the fire ratings though. My stack on cabinet wouldn't do shit if my house burned down. With 25k worth of guns alone, the $1000 for a decent safe seems worth it.

If you house burnt down there is no safe in the world thats going to have a fire rating to stop your guns from being damaged.

The fact you spent 1000 bucks and tell yourself the fire rating on a 1000 dollar safe is going to do fucking anything is funny though.

Ok you're right. I'll just keep 25k worth of guns in a stack on cabinet then.

whats funny is i think everyone goes through this phase when they start with guns in a safe.
first, its pretty much everything gun related in the safe. then they get more guns so they need more space so accessories get moved out. then ammo. then mags.all thats left are guns only. then you have to play tetris with your guns to get them all to fit.

You should keep 25k worth of anything insured otherwise you're playing a stupid game. I get that a large enough safe to hold a large amount of guns costs around 1k starting but don't lie to yourself. The alarm system is the only thing saving you from fire or theft or flooding or whatever.

additional home owners insurance is the way to go. or a separate policy.
nice strawman. thats not what hes saying at all. unless you go high end, gun safes do not have good fire ratings at all. some claim to but still not adequate, especially for a full blown house fire. which brings us back to the insurance.

everyone who has any interest in gun safes, check out this thread, lots of good info even if they OP is a bit biased since he works for a safe company
ar15.com/forums/Armory/Questions-for-AMSEC-TheSafeGuy/46-401046/

Yeah I bought one of their handgun safes and luckily I tested it before I put my gun it. Set the pass code and closed it, could never open it again with the code or the key. Quickest return I ever made.

>Amsec 36 gun safe
>almost $6,000
>weighs almost 1,600lbs
jesus christ.
thats a fuckin safe.

It's a plastic shelf, moron.

Sorry bud, I couldn't find the end-all be all article that would've helped you out. But from my memory, this was the take aways:

-Thick, real, HEAVY steel
Such that it cannot be penetrated with an axe/pick/sledge
-The smallest gap between door and case as humanly possible
This prevents a pry bar from being inserted and leverage given to the pry bar
-Able to be bolted to the ground
Thieves will often tip the case over in order to attack the top or rear, or just dolly out the entire safe, with no regard to damaging your house in the process

The best place to buy a safe is from either Craigslist, or estate sales. Try searching "Heavy Safe" or "Vintage Safe." You want some old timers 1950's bomb proof safe that will require a forklift/pallet jack to move. If you're serious about protecting your investments and you own a home, this is hands down the most effective way to protect your guns/valuables from a thief who has entered your home.

As other anons stated, it shouldn't be your only line of defence; as cameras, signs (real or not) declaring you have a security system, cameras, dogs, camoflauging your safe etc. will protect you, it's important to remember that cheap safes only keep honest people out.

>Take the ammo out of the safe. What thief is going to steal a bunch of heavy ammo cans?

If you have the room, why wouldn't you want to put the heavy ammo cans in the bottom of your light gun cabinet?