What makes sas and other special forces special?

what makes sas and other special forces special?
could a normal person or a regular guy in an army group do what they do?

Attached: lrdp.jpg (800x713, 102K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RLtfJ0ekqVE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1) be physically fit
2) be mentally unstable and have psychopathic tendencies
3) have required amount of combat experience and know how to shoot well

You need to be very mentally flexible. Able to think outside the box and think independently. Which is not your archetypal military mindset.
David Stirling went out of his way to find unconventional men. They were misfits and rogues.
SAS selection by its nature still favours these types of people.

>what makes sas and other special forces special?
It takes a special kind of crazy to board a Huey bound for Laos with 6 other guys knowing full well that there are entire divisions dedicated to finding you and killing you and your men once you land.

Attached: unknown macv sog operator.jpg (787x1024, 189K)

> be mentally unstable and have psychopathic tendencies
Wrong. In fact you need to be incredibly mentally robust to make it through selection, seeing as 90% of the hills phase is you walking alone with weight for hours on end, day after day.
During the Falklands, a team from B squadron were in an OP site for a month, hardly moving, for over three weeks; for the last week all they ate was powdered milk and water. That doesn't require impulsive and mentally unstable people.

Sure, during the course of the job you may develop a lack of regard for human life and may develop some psychopathic tendencies, but that's not what they look for.

>could a normal person or a regular guy in an army group do what they do?
Depends.
Go to sleep at 10pm, wake up at like 2am in the morning, run all morning in shitty weather, swim all evening, perform calisthenics for several hours straight in your wet clothes, run again until failure, and then try to pass some simple academic tests and see if you pass.
Rinse and repeat for however long your instructors tell you.
If you make it through several weeks of this then you, an average Joe, can possibly do what they do.
Obviously not accurate, but it gets the point across.

They need guys who are fit and mentally tough because not everyone can endure the potential conditions they'll go through. Plus they want you to keep a level head throughout all of the tough conditions you'll face.
It really takes someone who has an appetite for suck.

>It really takes someone who has an appetite for suck.
You mean someone who craves mental and physical abuse from females? And gets erect whenever they feel pain?

Attached: 1480281641595.png (900x856, 586K)

Attached: 1523143433681.png (1280x1166, 1.01M)

Wtf is wrong with you

I've had this fetish for 10 years since I was 11, I used to regularly hit them with kitchen utensils/household objects when I was younger but now I tend to just use my fists
The shooting/stabbing pain which goes right up into your abdomen never fails to make me erect, I often stare at women in the street and imagine how much pain they would cause me and whether they would enjoy it as much as I do
I don't think I could ever try needles however, if they're just through the skin its easy that would be fine but directly through the testes would be horrific, I would probably agree to it with the right girl if she talked me into it though

Whenever I see an image of a woman I'd really want to fuck I immediately hit my balls and cause the pain to stab into me, stare into her eyes until the pain subsides. At night there is often either a strange cold sensation which comes and goes or a stinging pain or a dull ache if I've really been hard on them recently. My cock head often gets little red blotches after I slap it around and when I was younger with more libido I used to piss blood after a session and get hard from that imagining how humiliating it would be if a girl was watching me

Attached: 2.jpg (1725x1431, 1.5M)

>2lt
>"hey sir wanna try for sfas?"
>"i heard they still have slots, you might get lucky"

Attached: mfw.webm (420x360, 270K)

You need help, user.

Attached: 1534095646331.jpg (268x268, 27K)

>You need help
Why? Its not as if this is a genuine mental illness, if I go to a psychiatrist they will just berate me for thinking I have something they can treat or that I can have any real illness when I'm a "man" in the prime of my youth (had a GP say these exact words to me)
Anyway am I SF material? Everyone knows in SAS selection they have a woman who degrades them straight after their bit in the breacons

You have a group of soldiers trained to do specific tasks, and with information and good planing, you can efficiently deploy said soldiers to do a mission that are better suited to their abilities, raising the chance of success.
They're aren't like Solid Snake with cheatcodes.

Hope this helps mate
youtube.com/watch?v=RLtfJ0ekqVE

user just comment neck rope and do something.

>just comment neck rope and do something.
What?

Attached: most recent.jpg (1705x954, 859K)

user stop this is a blue board

I read a interesting comment from a green beret in mobilization talk about what they did. It was all basic infantry tasks over and over again all day into the night.
He said something to the effect that training on the basic shit more than anyone else is what makes them "special" forces.

This is true, at least in theory. What makes special forces so good is that they can perform the basics at a master level.

Obviously this thinking doesn't hold in practice when you have SEALs thinking they're too good for the basics and then get their shit pushed in by a bunch of goatherders with AKs.

They went through the harshest conditions a human can survive. They are trained so well that any combat situation they could be in is in their favor
Do you have anything that is more sadistic than masochistic?

Afraid not no

Attached: 6.png (1723x755, 889K)

That sounds like a good way to spend the weekend.