What is Jow Forums's opinion on shoulder holsters?

What is Jow Forums's opinion on shoulder holsters?

Attached: Alien-Gear-ShapeShift-Shoulder-Holster-1.jpg (1086x610, 206K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lonestarholsters.com/shoulder-rigs
craftholsters.com/vertical-roto-shoulder-holster-w-double-mag-pouch-p163
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They look good in movies

very /fa/ if you have muscle

If you aren’t fat and decently built, go with Galco, if you are fat or aren’t decently built, don’t bother.

This
If you're not Jow Forums or an 1970-1990 beer bellied police officer it's pretty autistic

They're a-ok if they're vertical shoulder holsters.

GAF

I bought a Galco for my Khar, it works well, but after a couple of hours it gets really uncomfortable. I'm still trying to get the settings right. But overall, I just went back to belt based holders.

I love mine. Carry my g20 in a galco

They work, especially if you intend to carry something that's larger than an average service pistol.

Tru.

I don't own one, but have thought about getting one since it'd be easier to draw from in the car. Saves some hassle of stuffing my current holster between the seat and trans tunnel.

not my thing, but to each their own.

>but have thought about getting one since it'd be easier to draw from in the car
They absolutely are.
If you're say, driving an armored car and gotta wear a gun on you, you'll want a shoulder holster, because you'll sit FAR more comfortably, and you'll be able to actually draw while still sitting in your car.

Practically speaking, only effective for helicopter pilots who are sitting in a cramped cockpit. Realistically speaking, they're Slow and unwieldy on the draw, they serve no purpose but to be worn by military Officers and support personnel as a "haha I'm above you" status symbol around large bases so they do not have to carry a rifle around to go get food. Typically known as a "Fob bra" it is also an indicator that the wearer has little training or idea how to safely and effectively employ the weapon it houses.

Attached: I dont belong in the uniform.jpg (461x800, 47K)

I like them when I'm driving long distances

Unless your name is Martin Rigs or Paul Harrel stay the fuck away from them.

> only valid reason for one.

Horizontal is faster to draw from but print horribly. Vertical is better for concealment. Like 90% of people wearing shoulder holsters are doing it wrong or its not adjusted. What you want is it as highup as possible without being annoying or interfering with the draw. All cheap shoulderholsters are garbage. If its not over 100 and for a specific gun its not worth buying.
They do not mix well with slings give up any idea of carrying a slung rifle at the same time. Backpacks are possible if theres a coat between the guns and the backpack but its fucking annoying. This makes shoulderholster a shit choice for hiking or woods stuff. Unless the only thing you are carry is the gun and holster.

Is this model literally Nathan Drake?

Attached: uncharted-4-drake-model-highly-detailed.jpg (2000x3045, 972K)

I use them on road trips mostly, but sometimes just because I can. I find them incredibly comfortable but if it’s windy outside you’ll suddenly get really self-conscious about your over-shirt if it’s not thick/stiff

I’m pretty sure suits and blazers are required for civilian shoulder holster use.
If you wear either of those it might be a good way to carry.

Attached: E839A262-BA2A-41D4-A5EA-BD93FCDE7042.jpg (736x490, 58K)

>shoulder holster
cool
>glock in shoulder holster
not cool

>muh flagging

They’re ideal for traveling - car, train, bus... or when you have to sit over long periods of time. Shoulder holsters are very comfortable in every position. Also, they’re very easy to wear and many provide mag pouches. Just slip it on and you have your handgun plus one or two extra mags.

Their major drawback is that you pretty much require a cover garnment (jacket, shirt...) all the time. Drawing from a shoulder holster is slower than from a hip holster, but not by as much as some people think.

If you’re goin shoulder holster, might as well go all out

Attached: 49B6AD7E-33EA-42FF-B5B0-04A0AE48E0ED.jpg (1630x1272, 198K)

I was thinking the same thing.
If youre gonna do it at least do it right.
Cant go wrong with a 1911 or a Beretta 92

sexy

>no mag

I can't tell if the hat it the sunglasses are the worst part of that photo

They look awesome!

Black leather or brown leather?

But where do I put my arms when I'm just casually standing?

Do all shoulder holsterers stand like this

Attached: Dorian-Yates-Pose-360.jpg (360x585, 88K)

They're pretty comfy.

Attached: IMAG1663.jpg (3024x5376, 3.27M)

what are some of the best brands?

Ive been looking at galco and cant decide between the Miami classic, the jackass or the lite. It would be for a 1911 but I want to swap holsters out for other pistols

Attached: 1541203069059.png (655x501, 549K)

They are my favorite, but its because I wear a suit 5-6 days a week to a professional job and fit perfectly for me with it.

sig as well

really any full sized pistol because thats the real advantage. I wanted one for my .38 snubbie but I realized how extra retarded it was

>not liking Bullit carry

Attached: 300px-Bullitt.jpg (300x407, 49K)

If you're in shape and period larping they are kinda hot but otherwise they are just dumb.

Excellent, in other news how is your noir detective film going?

Not a huge fan of sweeping myself or the person beside me during the draw.

They are nice multi-use suspenders.
Sometimes i just wear one just because regular suspenders are uncomfortable.

This is a specific request, but what are some recommendations for vertical shoulder holsters for N-frame revolvers? Either specific models or the holster manufacturer themselves. Thanks in advance for anyone that can help.

Attached: Mod 28.jpg (1024x641, 274K)

What about upside-down vertical holsters?

Attached: McQueen.jpg (674x960, 67K)

The empty magazine wells are the worst part.

Attached: moredakka.jpg (225x434, 24K)

he used a colt diamond back, hardly a snubbie

I have to drive several hours for work would a shoulder holster be good for this?

Attached: d73e7475fde15656596c943b51c896bd9540453502add9744e5fc289b0b523f4.jpg (255x255, 18K)

I dont understand this?

A car might work better

comfy AF.

Attached: Mak shoulder.jpg (3120x4160, 3.73M)

I want something like from Leon the professional.

Primo aesthetics. I plan on making my own.

I'm getting one but only because I'm a pilot. Need something I can easily get to while sitting down all the time

Hands off.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 75K)

Just get a regular holster and clip it off when you start driving

she's inside the FOB, no mags loaded into weapons pemited, lest some female or some FOBBIT have a ND

Top tier aesthetic and also very comfy.

Attached: taxi-driver-de-niro-gun.jpg (450x290, 50K)

Based and redpilled for vehicle carry

Cringe and bluepilled for public carry

Ayyy I got that flashlight too. Fenix LD22, right? Nice holster

unless you're a fat tard there's space between the arms and chest for a gun.

and if you are a fat tard you really shouldn't be considering a shoulder holster.

Attached: AFA97C89-D55C-493E-859D-C84E53AEFA59.jpg (640x503, 65K)

what about those that point the pistol at an angle? or upside down?

>Unless your name is Martin Rigs or Paul Harrel stay the fuck away from them.
Rigs never used a shoulder rig, he Mexican carried his shit.

anyone have the jackass rig from galco? Im debating between that and the miami classic.
Originally I didnt want one pointing up into my armpit like but somebody mentioned how the horizontal holsters have a problem with the barrel sticking out of your back if this pistol is big enough

Attached: 1530010991584.png (436x361, 177K)

aside from galco, who else makes quality shoulder holsters? All I ever hear about is galco

also, why would anyone carry a horizontal over a vertical? Genuinely curious as I feel like the former is more risky, both in muzzle sweeping and having the barrel poke through your jacket when sitting

Attached: 1459431105234.gif (321x322, 219K)

lonestarholsters.com/shoulder-rigs

There are requirements.
>long barreled gun you could not effectively CC any other way
>10mm+ in muzzle energy on said gun
>vertical draw
>leather

Missing any one of these is gay and stupid.

I'm thinking a Match Champion could fit snugly under my arm, as a backup.

Attached: match champion.jpg (1000x700, 93K)

You'd be impressed what you can fit under your arm.

Attached: 460.jpg (2370x1064, 492K)

Shit unless vertical, you're constantly flagging people and any kind of draw that doesn't involve a game of impromptu twister means flagging yourself and a considerable portion of your surroundings. Vertical ones are ok if you know how to draw properly from them. If you spend a lot of time in vehicles or wearing a jacket then they make for an alright if expensive option.

Correct an LD22, need a replacement cap for it

Well, maybe a 4" .44 Blackhawk would be in order.

I carry a 6" .454 Raging Bull so anything's possible.

Id imagine a glock 19 sized gun would be pretty comfy under my arm like that

I need it

Well it's no better than a hip holster but it is also classy as fuck. You get the Noire look or vietnam pilot aesthetic

Attached: conansmug.jpg (2048x1024, 183K)

You have no idea. I'm usually pretty self-conscious about carrying IWB. I feel like an arm brushing against my side is an attempt at my life and leaning too far is going to make it fall out, but nothing beats having your carry gun tucked under your arm all warm and safe.

So Jow Forumss verdict is they are indeed comfy,
Aesthetic as fuck,
Useful for carrying something larger than what we normally carry IWB.

But how practical are they really?
If a situation arose, would you be able to reliably get your gun out and focus?

No, but that's what happens. You must suffer for fashion

You can get it out, but generally not as fast as IWB.

Bingo!

Fuk-off edge lord

The real PPL put glitter on a fake person's shirt?
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUk

Natural oil tanned, dyes will rub-off on your clothes

Does anyone know of a decent vertical shoulder rig for N frame revolvers that isn't $300? Want something to carry my model 29 with while i ride my motorcycle or in the winter just for the memes.

Attached: VHS_Silo_OL_1500_b.jpg (1500x1500, 518K)

I used a Safari-land for my M-29 6.5"
Bulky as hell

Would a shoulder holster be good for innawoods carry?

Not if you wear a pack

Galco VHS. All told its $300 or so, though.
I'm , so in the same boat.

say again turkey, you want my what?

Unless you’re a fat JewYork city back in the year 1979, and you spend 80% of your time behind a desk, you don’t need one.

>also, why would anyone carry a horizontal over a vertical? Genuinely curious as I feel like the former is more risky, both in muzzle sweeping and having the barrel poke through your jacket when sitting
Horizontal is faster and printing may or may not be important. If you were open carrying who cares if the gun sticks out?
As for flaging yourself and others people have different standards for safety. Theres fuck everyone whose not me, i dont want to flag others cause thats bad, and guns are dangerous you shouldnt carry a gun at all. You could kill yourself or others. Everyone would be safe if we had no guns.

If they don't have a D ring they're shit.

What's a good holster for a raging judge? If I'm getting the ultimate meme gun I'll go all the way

its a longer draw for sure, grabbing your hip is faster then reach across your torso and sweeping your arm to a ready position. Its a flat out disadvantage and you wont be as fast as OWB or IWB.
But its still manageable, its not like your gun is buried under layers of clothing. You just have to weigh your pros and cons
>slower draw
>cant take off jacket
>more obvious if you need to reach for it
vs
>can carry heavier or bigger pistols without pulling down your pants
>great for sitting in extended period, probably faster then hip carry in this case
>comfy, especially if you dont want/cant have weight on your lower back

I have a few, and while I do IWB carry 90% of the time, sometimes I make a special occasions out of carrying a special snowflake gun in a shoulder rig

vertical, horizontal or canted?

what do you prefer and why

Attached: im ready.jpg (800x1263, 81K)

I see you are a man of culture as well. There is literally one option.

craftholsters.com/vertical-roto-shoulder-holster-w-double-mag-pouch-p163

It's handmade in a former soviet country so it takes a little over a month to get to you.

holy fuck faggot

Fuckin' swag.

Aesthetic as fuck