G26 Gen 3: Safe barrel mod?

Picked this up from a friend of a friend. Bevel seems a bit extreme - safe to shoot?

Attached: IMG_20181105_113857.jpg (4048x3036, 1.94M)

Attached: IMG_20181105_113735.jpg (4048x3036, 2.14M)

load it with some +p ammo and go to town. get a lighter recoil spring too

Attached: IMG_20181105_113756.jpg (4048x3036, 1.98M)

I feel like that's... The opposite of what I should do. The locking shoulder on the barrel hood is severely reduced and then bevelled - p+ ammo wouldn't be safe I dont think?

What the fuck why would anyone do this

Attached: 20180614_074808.jpg (720x1280, 396K)

That's what I wanna know!

I thought Storm Lake was one of the better aftermarket glock barrels?

This. What is fucking wrong with people?

Yikes. What kind of bubba gunsmith got a hold of that pistol? Gotta love the radius on the front of the ejection port. What issue was he trying to solve, one wonders.

The modification was made after-the-fact, not by Storm Lake.

nah, lockup is mostly a myth. that bevel allows you to run really hot ammo better without much damage to the gun. make sure you get your face really close to the chamber too.

I can answer that one! It was rounded to prevent snagging in a pocket (so I'm told)

So concensus is that it's entirety UNSAFE to fire. Understood.

Would this theoretically be "safer" with light ammo?

No. The pressure difference isn't that large, it's likely unsafe to fire with any ammunition.

I don't understand what the fucking deal is with Glocks, but they draw retards like flies to honey. Remember back when milsurp was affordable and people would buy rifles just to modify them just for the sake of modifying them because it made them feel like they improved it and had a "custom" gun even though they made it basically worthless? Glocks are that now.

No, but it would likely cycle very light loads more reliably.

This gun is quite nearly a straight blowback, now. I'd be wary of running even .380 ACP pressures in it.

Get a new barrel. That bevel is going to cause early unlocking. If the casing doesn't explode, you'll probably find your shots going high.

Don't G43's have an aggressive bevel?

Isn't that basically like the G25/28 doublestack .380? But with a 9mm barrel?
Smells more like a deliberate conversion to run very low power ammo... actually, this is basically a 9mm Glisenti conversion.

>I'd be wary of running even .380 ACP pressures in it.
The standard-frame .380 glocks actually operate as straight blowback using a bevel on the barrel just like that, but without even the tiny step at the front. So actual .380 levels should be okay.

Do they use the same spring tension, though? That's the question.

I believe so

Did some research a couple years back and couldn't find a definitive answer, but it seemed like "probably". Sucks about them not being LEO-only in the US, I kinda want one just for novelty sake. But at the time, I couldn't find enough information to feel confident making my own clone -- at best it would just be "inspired by".

It still has some semblance of a ledge

Attached: glock-43-barrel.jpg (600x600, 28K)

This seems like a really good way to get the gun to fire out of battery and blow up your hand.

ive never held a glock before, can someone explain whats wrong with this?

Basically that beveled edge on the barrel causes the gun not to fully lock while in battery. Imagine someone filed off half of a locking lug on a rifle.

Somebody filed down the part keeping the pew gas from escaping the bang prison backwards.

that is what it should look like

Attached: why.jpg (1310x901, 94K)

Maybe he was having failures to fully cycle and thought it might help loosen things up enough

Some elbow grease and a file > lubricating his gun properly. That or he plans to load it with match head reloads. Doubt ammo will get that scarce for a good while.

Is this a blank gun?

Does that brand use polygonal rifling?

sell that shit back
t. Armorer

The sad part is: This isn't the most ridiculous "mod" I've seen over the years... Some people are nuts.

Now that’s what I call a glass cannon.

>9mm
I don't think you understand what that phrase means.

>you fire
>the slide goes back immediately resulting in what is essentially an out of battery discharge
I dont think you understood his joke

No.
Is it a 27 with a 26 barrel? Did you get a factory barrel too? Aftermarket barrels are dirt cheap, I'd be more worried about the little melting job he did...

>Glock perfection
>hurr ima take an aftermarket barrel and then file it down
God damn why does Glock draw so many fucking idiots to it?

You can see the tab on the back of the barrel matches the boltface in the slide pretty well -- a 9mm barrel in a .40 slide would have an extra 0.016" gap on each side (or some combination adding up to 0.033" if it's off-center/twisted).

This was out of my old CC gun, Glock 27, it's from Stormlake before they went downhill. Mine has wear sort of all over but not there. Not sure why they did that.

Attached: IMG_0777.jpg (4032x3024, 2.08M)