Is the sig m17 a good pistol?

is the sig m17 a good pistol?
i heard that it performed better at the trials than the glock but i also heard that it could fire when dropped or when hit on the back and it has a tendency to eject two rounds one of them unfired. whats your opinion Jow Forums

Attached: sig-sauer-m17.jpg (630x536, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amp.businessinsider.com/army-trying-to-fix-problems-with-new-handgun-2018-2
youtu.be/v0LUbLu6TqA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They fixed the drop fire issue real fast. Sig is on par with HK and actually fights for 2A freedoms. They gave us the Sig Brace.

I have fired the compact and enjoyed it. I'm going to get a Sig P320 RX as a designated suppressor host. They really fire smooth. Also the serialized part is the trigger housing which allows it to be swapped out and put into different frames and slides.

Attached: sig 320 rx compact.jpg (500x423, 28K)

I think the P320 is a great pistol. I’ve had a few and shoot them really well. Never had any issues with them. I like them better than Glock but not as much as HK when it comes to preference.

that sounds great but did they fix the double eject issue?

Army guns never had the drop isssue

They did

can someone give me a quick rundown on why the m17 won the contract? i heard its because they were the only ones to show up with an actual modular handgun.

The trigger used in Army guns never had the issue.

the only other competitor was glock but i'd say the glock is heckin modular. but the cospiracy theorists say that the sig won bc of polititcs and not bc it was the better pistol. this is reinforced by the problems it had shortly after it was adopted which shows that they didn't test it properly which in turn could mean some kind of bias i guess?

They performed on par with the Glock while costing ~$100 less per gun.

strange i heard it did malfunction on the army guns. i'll have to look that one up

>this is reinforced by the problems it had shortly after it was adopted

soldiers thumbing the slide release because they aren't being taught a proper grip is not an issue with the pistol

i'm not sure if sig payed for fixing the guns or if the army had to pay but if the latter one is true i'd say glock would have been cheaper

i military adopted gun shouldn't have a problem like this even if they thumb it

Neither Sig or the Army had to pay to fix the M17, it never had the drop safety issue.

No pistol will lock back on an empty mag if you are holding down the slide release.

no shit? i thought you meant using the slide release over and over instead of pulling the slide back

just search for "army has problems with m17"
you'll see the truth siggie

Notice how you couldn't specify an issue that Sig or the Army had to pay to fix.

I've shot at least 25k rounds through one of the full 320s. I've never seen this happen.

I like Sig and all, but stop lying to yourself. You’re no better than a Glocktard.

amp.businessinsider.com/army-trying-to-fix-problems-with-new-handgun-2018-2

Ptes. Downie and Brownie here are on the case, nothing to worry about.

Attached: m17 handgun soldiers.jpg (605x515, 69K)

it lists the issues in every fucking article you sig fan boy i just thought that you had the mental capacity to look it up yourself. it specifically states the issue with the gun firing when dropped

Is Downie also Brownie? She looks a little bit fucked to be honest

youtu.be/v0LUbLu6TqA

Chris Bartocci has a good video on this

Attached: chris_bartocci_xm17_program_failure.jpg (700x500, 109K)

>Sig is on par with HK
you mean bankrupt with a history of corporate malfeasance?

>heckin modular
modular in this case refers to the removable fire control module, which is the serial numbered part of the gun inside the frame. it can be removed and put into any other frame legally, no paperwork required. glock does not make pistols like this, so they basically didn't meet the requirements of the program.

the army wanted it for logistical reasons. while being able to switch frames and calibers at will is nice, more importantly it's the only a-class store part of the firearm. everything else can literally be thrown in the trash if it gets damaged/worn out. previously if the frame was damaged you had to discard it and go through all the bullshit of discarding the weapon, because it was the 'weapon'. now you just get another frame off the shelf and swap over. makes things really easy for logistics.

I like it, as well as the 320s. The Glock guys are pretty upset about them, though.

>DAT HIGH BORE AXIS
SIG is shit for more reasons than one. Also, look into how P320 melts around the frame.

Attached: 1518923741393.jpg (815x333, 34K)

is she retarded? god damn that look.
>buttmad boomer yells at clouds
every video of his is the same.

they had the same trigger with the same weight as the Pre-recall 320s. Without the manual safety engaged the trigger can still swing due to inertia. The only ones without the issue had the flat bow trigger that weighed less and wouldn't engage.