Buy steel mags

>buy steel mags
>they rust

>put oil on steel mags
>now they're dirt magnets that feed poorly
>and my fingers get greasy just loading them
>which then gets on my clothes

Is there no solution?

Attached: 1520063314958.jpg (640x480, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/G-PtnwtOR24
amazon.com/White-Lightning-Clean-Ride-Squeeze/dp/B014J6VNK6
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Have you tried reblueing or ceracoating them?
>oil
>dirt magnet
How much fucking oil are you putting on?

Tried Ren Waxing them?

clean them with a scouring pad, let them dry, paint them something durable like caliper paint

You didn’t paint them? Are you retarded?

I thought more oil on the inside would help the keep follower from sticking. I certainly used too much. But regardless, even once wiped it still gets covered in dust and gets all over your hands and then on everything you touch.

I was reading about renaissance wax and people seem pretty split on it. Is it only for the exterior?

Likewise, I figured paining the interior would cause feeding issues. Also the factory mags aren't produced anymore so I want to be careful.

Wear gloves?

>Is it only for the exterior
Should be able to do everything including the spring. Just don't go overboard, a little bit goes a long way.
You could give it a test run with high-quality car wax if you have some handy.

where do you live? Are you storing these things in a damp place?

I can leave my steel shit out 11 months out of the year but come august I coat everything in a glob of CLP to keep the rust away

>>they rust
I don't know, man. Did you try just not storing your gun in a fish tank?

I have blued Colt and FN magazines that were made 70+ years ago which still have the original bluing and barely had any rust on them when I got them.

East coast NC, 100 miles from the sea. My eyes feel dry all the time and humidity is between 50 and 60% according to the dehumidifier.

The mags I bought from various sellers all came from florida and georgia. Perhaps they were already covered in salts.

Yeah you're gonna have to deal with rust and oxidation like crazy.
Lived in Wilmington and would have to keep my guns with silica packets to prevent it.

F
>TN user who rarely deals with rust

Drying lube?

Silicone lube and wipe off the excess. Lasts for ages
Plumbers stuff in spray cans is good.

Wrap it in tape?

Buy polymer mags?

if they're not rare/collectible, consider nickel plating them.
see this as a reference for how insanely easy this is: youtu.be/G-PtnwtOR24
then use this product: amazon.com/White-Lightning-Clean-Ride-Squeeze/dp/B014J6VNK6
it's a wax carried in solvent. so you can spray/wipe it on and then the solvent evaporates leaving a thin wax coating that is clean and dry to the touch. note that this is not gun lube and should only be used as an exterior rust preventative, not as lubrication for moving parts.

Like said, blues mags are the way to go. I'll only run blues, parkerized,or nickel coated mags

Get polymer mags.

You're using too much oil.

There are no suomi poly mags.

By polymer.
I know pic related is some nigger-tier shit that doesnt make polymer mags.
Sucks to be you.

Stop being a snowflake, or use hoppes #9 that smells so damn good