/meg/ - Military Enlistment General

Baby's road to becoming Jow Forumsommando edition

previous thread LYING ABOUT MEDICAL HISTORY = GOOD
LYING ABOUT CRIMINAL HISTORY = THEY KNOW
>Do your own research to start, then come here for clarification.
>No vague questions, like "What job is best?"

pastebin.com/0K6MFcUZ
Guides to prepare for high-speed shit. (SEAL, Ranger etc.)

Resources:
Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff.

uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

airwarriors.com/community/
>Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/prerequ/woft.shtml
US Army High school to Flight school

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
>pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke?
No.
i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png
tl;dr: Long hard school, to do shitty work, and the job prospects are a lie.

CG info
gocoastguard.com/family-and-friends/the-helmsman/required-knowledge

ASVAB for Dummys
mega.nz/#!XuhSWQgb!ycwEyBz1J-DZx_GOsAxmSQCduAImNuzTRswqfRb-x-w

READ THIS BEFORE ASKING CLEARANCE QUESTIONS
opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF86.pdf

Attached: CottonandGH.png (500x376, 245K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mtntactical.com/research/ruck-deep-dive-study-update-ii-uccs-rotc/
mtntactical.com/research/ruck-deep-dive-study-2-best-ways-to-improve-rucking/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

blah blah blah Israeli foreign legion
blah blah blah you are fighting for israel good goy blah blah blah
Jow Forums niggers out

I'm going to Air Force which of these job should I go for?

>Bomber/special integrated instruments
>Bomber/special Electronics and rader
>Aircraft Loadmaster
>RPA sensor
>Nuclear weapons technician

I would like to fly in one of those B-2 bombers but I don't know which job is the best out there. Anyone know how these jobs are or do you know anybody who has these types of jobs?

Attached: QqREP9B.png (1000x764, 461K)

Loadmaster is apparently one of the best jobs in the air force.
>I'm just a weather forecaster so I wouldn't actually know.

>Nuclear weapons technician
Might have a good job lined up for when you get out

yeah but he's gonna have a great time living out in the middle of nowhere for his entire carreer

Combat Controller is pretty badass, and gets you a high paying job in the civilian world after

Attached: h945_q60_v1453780086_w1680.jpg (1680x945, 116K)

Just a reminder going infantry will wreck your body, give you no skills, you'll end up a janitor and will probably never see combat

Attached: lol.webm (720x304, 2.33M)

What is even happening in this webm? also of course you get nothing (besides muh leadership skills) in infantry, but it's better than being a grease monkey.

The cuck becomes the bull :^)

>but it's better than being a grease monkey
Not that I'd recommend being a mechanic, but you'll make more than flipping thickburgers or being a security guard, which is all infantry qualifies you for

Why not avoid both of those routes then?

But I don't get why though? Why is it one of the best jobs out there

You get to go on the big planes.

But what about the bombers, are they decent aircraft jobs, do I get to fly in a b-2 bomber?

...what is this?

Anyone have experience with pararescue? Have you met any or worked with any?

what should I do to maximize my chances of getting into USN officer school? already have a useless liberal arts degree.

You get to travel all over the world on the AFs dime. And sometimes the planes "breakdown" in nice locales. Such as Spain, Italy, Japan, Hawaii, etc... you get overseas pay and the flightcrews are a tight knit group. I would do Loadmaster, then RPA sensor operator, then Radar, Instruments and lastly Nuke Tech. The last one is shit.
You cannot fly any airframe as enlisted. They JUST started doing enlisted drone pilots but you have to be a staff or above.

Should I enlist in the Marines to become a sniper or should I enlist in the Marines to specialize in specific job like electrician work?

>loadmaster
Do they need a lot of those kinds of people? I've been thinking about joining and it sounds like fun.

Well it depends on if it is undermanned or not
Special forces are always in demand, but you might have to check with the recruiter

yea, don't really want to do special forces. could you redpill me on these jobs?
>Water & Fuel Systems Maintenance
>Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration
>Weather
>Munitions Systems
Thanks in advance.

Weather is a long tech school but a comfy job when you're out. Munitions is decent depending on your shred. The munitions guys at my base just load flares onto cargo planes and keep stock of all the explosives for base EOD and SecFo. Rest of the time is spent playing cards and xbox at their shop which is a good 2 miles from the flightline. HVAC will be garbage but a good way to get experience for the civilian world. Water+Fuel systems maintenance could also translate well to the civvie side. But i wouldnt do it.

If you want to travel, see the world and sit on the back of a cargo plane and watch the world go by. Go Loadmaster. Its hard and challenging at times, but every LM I've talked to said its so fucking rewarding in all sorts of ways.

Do what you think will be fun.

Anyone have experience with or info on Navy EOD? I'd be going the officer route so I guess it's slightly off topic, but I dunno anywhere better to ask. How difficult is it to get in if I'm in good shape, not retarded, with a clean record? What's the day-to-day like?

Attached: il_570xN.1397029002_2osp.jpg (570x454, 55K)

>check tinder near Benning
>nearly all fats or blacks
f u c c

Could use some help on a question I have.
So if my EOS is a few months after the start of a deployment in the nat guard can my unit still stop loss me if I don't want to re-up?

Hi /meg/ .French bloke here.Assuming I get my green card , is there any way that military service can fasten my demand for citizenship?I'm really interested in the 17C program.Thanks in advance!

Attached: hkoouttanowhere.png (600x600, 392K)

interested in the CG, what exactly do you do as a BM if you're not qualified to drive boats yet? and do you find it any fun?

Join the discord, you will join the coast guard.

Anyone know what the role of Marksman is like? I am joining Australian army but all info is good

Can the doctors at meps really see my emergency room visits?

Attached: 1541430251468.jpg (1024x576, 80K)

No. Burden of proof is on you.

What happens if I get an option 4 but fail Airborne school. A lot of people online say I end up needs of Army, is that true?

I've lost a lot of weight recently, but I still have some to lose. Should I just talk to an army recruiter now, or wait until I'm at the right weight?

Depends how far off you are, it can show some motivation if you're losing weight, and if you lose it between meetings they will be able to notice it if they are measuring it.
Make sure you lose the weight before training starts though by a week or 2 and use that time to gain back some muscle and improve your strength with a stable weight, it will help.

Probably not.

From the last thread, SNA guy . Sorry to hear you got attrited due to night vision. What happened? What are you re-desing to?

My question was: I'm in IFS right now with a couple weeks to go if weather cooperates, what kind of schedule am I looking at getting to API, getting through API, and then going to Primary (I've requested Milton)? What recommendations you would give based upon your experience? If you went to Milton is there anywhere you would say is a good place to live? Whiting Field seems like it's in the middle of bumfuck nowhere and all the housing that's decent is actually west of the I-10 bridge physically in Northeast Pcola. That would put me at a 30 minute drive but that is still better than the 1 hour drive I would have if I stayed at the back gate of NASP. Plus living by that I-10 bridge I would have quicker access to Pcola which, I'm told, is like fucking New York compared to Milton.

I should have worked out more

Attached: 7d09b2d556629634aa9efbe8375d0882--meme-party-dankest-memes.jpg (236x215, 7K)

Is going infantry a bad idea if I actually want to pursue a good career after getting out?

Do you want your only education in the military to be training on weapons, individual and group tactics, and mental fortitude? You could probably get a career in law enforcement afterwards but that training isn't highly applicable to most civilian jobs.

Next to impossible unless you are prior enlisted EOD or Navy Diver.

This. I've met exactly one EOD officer. She was a prior EOD Chief and could probably kick my ass.

If you think average people get to be superstar officers then you're not gonna make it anywhere as an officer

I genuinely didn't know that, damn. Is it a recent change? The reason I asked in the first place is because my dad was an EOD officer in the 80s and early 90s, went to the Gulf War. He went straight to OCS then EOD diving out of college, eventually Marine Mammal Program.
Also never thought it was a "superstar" position, of all things. He made it sound pretty miserable, he had to fish dead friends out of the water from training exercises alone. I thought it'd be high demand, seeing as most people generally prefer not exploding.

Youre completely lying

it might be a recent change. it might not. ask your recruiter he might know. i'm just telling you one anecdote.

Are you sure your father was in the Navy?

I completely have no reason to lie to you. She's an ENS now doing whatever EOD officers do.

EOD in the navy is SOF theres no way a woman could make it. Youre lying.

Oh wait no, I remember now, he was an EOD diver for the Red Sox.
I will. Thanks for the answer either way.

>Oh wait no, I remember now, he was an EOD diver for the Red Sox.
I asked you smartass cause if he was an EOD in the army they dont have SOF status the way they do in the Navy faggot.

Just got confirmation from my recruiters that I have 11x option 40. Got 8 months to get into great shape. Wish me luck boys.

I obviously can't prove anything to you but it's the truth. She had bigger shoulders than you do.

Haha, you're a funny guy user. Yea you're welcome dude. Any recruiter would be able to help more than me.

Is becoming a tanker as bad of a choice as infantry during peacetime?

Attached: 1541271384738.png (1920x1080, 1.34M)

>She had bigger shoulders than you do.
she doesnt cause im one of the few people here who lift and even a woman on roids isnt stronger than I am in the upper body. Now if she was on gear than its possible I suppose but I still dont believe you.
Good for you. 8 months s plenty of time.

She might have been on gear dude I don't fucking know, I only met her once but she was an Olympic-tier swimmer. Literally.

Worse, I'd reckon. I was in the army for eight years and can count on one hand the number of times I saw tanks outside of a motor pool.

I think I fucked up.

Attached: 3CE99E3EA528403A83A4DEC204470734.gif (300x300, 1012K)

Thanks m8. I'm in decent shape now but I need to build my legs and core a little more. Just did a ruck march with an old alice pack the other day. Roughly 35-40 lbs for 3 miles. Made it in roughly 30 minutes. Was suprisingly easy but I may have bruised my shoulders.

I posted this earlier but again youre pretty much wasting your time rucking. Its one of those things you get better at by doing other things. You need to be lifting weights. Ill gladly post some studies if you dont believe me.

GPA and OAR scores should be high (ASTB-E if you want to fly)

For GPA, at least a 3.0 will qualify you for a few positions, but it sounds like you'll have to pick between Surface Warfare, Naval Aviator, Naval Flight Officer, Intel, or SEALs.

>SWO
If you have the GPA, this is the one you'll put in, even if you don't care much. Guys that fail officer training pipelines end up as SWOs. It's a rough job at the start due to a lack of classroom training, it's a very OTJ position, but you are doing the saltiest officer job there can be. Responsibility will scale with rank or severity of undermanning on a ship. You won't sleep much underway, but as an officer, you have to be prepared to put your own needs and wants aside for the sake of the mission. Plenty of places to be stationed, and your experience will be unique.

>Naval Aviator
You want to fly? Don't mind landing on a ship in rough seas during a tropical storm? Fine, would you do it if you were guaranteed a mountain of pussy and all the topless beach volleyball a man could ask for? Long training pipeline depending on airframe chosen (jets and EW are the longest), longest commitment at 8 years AFTER finishing training, and you're still going to have officer responsibilities that will detract from your flying time. After your first few years as a pilot, you might not ever fly again, but you'll be well-respected by the new students that you're training, and if you decide to stick around, you'll fly a desk and have no problem moving up the senior officer ladder.

>Naval Flight Officer
Less commitment time, less pussy, less flying, more technical training, more compensating. NFO also stands for "No Future Outside" but I think defense contractors would disagree. You'll still get your fair share of rain up in Washington State, and you and your pilot will become best bros if you can accept your spot as #2 by realizing that he needs you as much as you need him. You won't take credit for the cool stuff, usually

>NFO also stands for "No Future Outside" but I think defense contractors would disagree.
If you were a Marine it would mean "No Future Occupation"! Every Marine NFO that hadn't gotten their wings yet got axed about a month ago. Either redesignated to SNA if they were good to go or kicked into another designator.

>Intel
Somewhere in a dark basement, you're going to be coordinating with guys that you'll never meet to make missions happen. Secret squirrel stuff, but you'll get real comfy in that desk chair if you aren't smart enough to leave after your 4 year commitment and work for the government. Pilots have Top Gun, you have GI Jane. Don't like water or sunlight? Go intel, you'll earn more than enough for the chiropractor and ophthalmologist work you'll need to fix your pale, sedentary fatbody

>SEAL officer
You don't have what it takes, don't waste anyone's time trying to apply.

So, for your OAR, 50 is the average, you're going to want to shoot for 60 or higher to guarantee a slot at OCS. For flying, ASTB-E should be 7's or higher, but if you get a stray 6 you'll be fine. Start worrying if you did the test for a second time and you still have 4's and 5's. Letters of recommendation from retired or current OFFICERS will help, senators and representatives will help, positions of high authority help. Your E2 buddy won't help, your friendly neighbor won't help, your middle school teacher won't help, but if that's all you've got, then that's what you've got. The motivational letter should be brief but effective, the board takes a few minutes per application. Medical waivers could hurt, criminal waivers will, tattoos not so much anymore. Be in good physical and mental form and be ready at any time once you pass the board. Be professional with your officer recruiter, don't brag until you get a warfare device, and start learning how to be an adult if mommy and daddy have been doing your laundry and handling taxes.

Good luck.

Not that I don't believe you user but could you post those studies? Also what exercises should I do in place of marching?

That's rough to hear for the guys getting redesignated, but the Corps doesn't guarantee anything anyways. It's a shame, your NFOs are diligent dudes

I'm flattered, but I'm not a devil dog. I just know it happened. Scuttlebutt is that the USMC is going to be F-35 oriented by 2020 so all Marine Naval Aviator training is going to be SNAs only from now on.

Gladly
mtntactical.com/research/ruck-deep-dive-study-update-ii-uccs-rotc/
mtntactical.com/research/ruck-deep-dive-study-2-best-ways-to-improve-rucking/
Read both.

Few questions...

Anyone familiar with Marine MOS 0861? This sounds like the most interesting job to me and I would like to hear more about what it’s like, or what exactly the process from civilian -> that exact job is like.

Is it true if I go to a recruiter by myself he will fuck me over and send me to some shit hole to get himself a bonus?

No worries, interesting info nonetheless

I had some dealing with then in the 'stan
Very professional
to the anal degree
But i liked them better then the the Seals
which is who they were attached to

After interacting with Saudi soldiers I now realize why Arabs are not good at war. They're all arrogant with massive chips on their shoulders, don't understand rank structure, and talk shit about literally everybody else so badly that they get blindsided when somebody else does better than they do.

My goal after college is to go to NOCS to go Cyber Warfare, but I haven't transferred yet. My current congressman is under indictment, do you fags think I should try to get a recommendation from him anyways?

So I do actually have a question

I want to join the Navy to actually see the world
but, I have no idea what job i should try for
any sailors here that can kind of give me some pointers on what to try for
with an emphasis on travel abroad

It's just "OCS". Yea sure why not. I worked in recruiting for a while and anyone who gets a letter in their package from a government official with any reasonable amount of power gets looked at more closely than someone without.

Most jobs will allow you to travel, but don't take a shitty job like BM or nuke or any sub job if you want to travel and enjoy it. Corpsmen apparently get some cushy spots, I had a buddy who got to stay in Spain, Italy, Cyprus, and Japan on deployments, but he also is currently stuck in Honduras so it's not always perfect. Aviation rates travel with the squadron, so do the saltier rates, but if you want to hit a lot of cool ports, you want to focus on getting in 7th fleet.

thanks for the tip user
Im really new to the idea of all this so don't mind my retardation
I get claustrophobic thinking about subs so ill avoid that no problem

You don't want to hot rack? For shame.

I'm sure some guys will give positive info on sub life, and I have a bias against it for a similar reason, but the objective truth is that subs don't hit the fun ports. They get Guam lol

Everyone's new to this and a lot of us had shitty recruiters so it's much better to ask people that are in. Check out Navy channels on YouTube, there are a few guys that give some input on questions you didn't even know to ask

cool user thanks
yeah I watched this one about the
Seabee's
i had an uncle who was a seabee but hes dead no so no asking him

Don't know much about Seabees but it sounds like a cool rate

What the Navy has going for it is the technical training and civilian world transitioning towards a successful career path. Very few of our rates are "useless", and even then you're still a veteran and can flex that. However, I would personally advise you avoid going nuke because of the insane work hours, stress, and lack of free time even when you're at port. Also, MP isn't worth it and PACT (undesignated) is a trap for retards and SEAL dropouts. The Navy doesn't have a janitor rate but PACT is pretty much the closest thing, though junior enlisted will still do cleaning underway.

Also, try to rank up in basic, you can walk out with E3 and get into the E4 mafia quickly

My grandpa was a Seabee who claimed to have built the runway that the Enola Gay used to take off on its big run. Died before I got to meet him, but I wear his watch.

This
how do rank up in basic?

does it keep atomic time user?

I swore into the marines I think two Saturdays ago I called my recruiter asking when I get to pick my job he said he already picked infantry(which is what I wanted)for me, I go back to the recruiter on Thursday because I asked for a paper copy of that I was guaranteed 03 field does this happen a lot?

choose a rate youll enjoy
Try to get stationed in either SD or Hawaii

I didn't go to Great Lakes so I'm sure there's more to it, but you need to get in great physical and academic shape and crush the initial physical fitness test and their academic test, that's a guaranteed E2. Then, take some of the leadership roles they offer to your class and actually do them instead of using them as an excuse to sleep in a closet or avoid beatings. The RDC can promote a portion of their class, so be one of the best (won't be as hard as you think)! There's more info out there about this, check out reddit and YouTube and wherever else on the internet. Google is your friend. Check out the pay charts and you'll see exactly why getting to E3 in basic is worth the effort.

>SD or Hawaii
And overseas. Don't get frustrated if you get stationed in Norfolk or Jacksonville, Navy still has the best base locations and you'll be able to PCS to another base when you've put your dues in. However, if you're from Hawaii or San Diego and list it, your detailer will laugh and immediate disregard your choice. You didn't join the Navy to go back home

>However, if you're from Hawaii or San Diego and list it, your detailer will laugh and immediate disregard your choice. You didn't join the Navy to go back home
This is completely 100% not true at all. Not even a little bit.

will do user
thanks bro

i'm from Texas
literal desert in the SW
any place with water will be welcome
I expect the same number of mexicans

Really? I've heard it from multiple sailors, if they're just the exception then belay my last

Theyre lying to you or arent really in the navy dude. Youre making the false assumption the gov cares. Detailers are a bunch of fat lazy idiots they couldnt care less. It would be a complete dick move to screw someone over like that. I was in SD and loads of dudes were from SD or Cali and got SD for their first duty station.

Don't go CTN. They don't really see the world much.
All I got sorry

They're all junior sailors, so who the hell knows. That's good to know though, thanks for the correction!

I mean let me be clear, if you did have family in SD doesnt mean youll get it either. Im just saying no detailer would see "oh he has family in SD, well fuck him hes going to norfolk."

And you do not want to go to norfolk

Don’t join the military it fucking sucks. Source: in the military.

What do you do