Is milsurp in public autism signaling

Hey Jow Forums fashion advisors, come January I'll be moving to Ottawa for a couple months as that's where the valuable internships are at. As a lifetime Vancouverite, I have never had to dress for winters colder than -5 C (23 F for those of you living in 1741). My current plan is to use my British Milsurp DPM windproof smock (which I bought for shits and hunting), layering it with a fleece sweater and a down vest that I have. This should keep me plenty warm paired with proper toque, gloves ect. But my question is, will I look like a complete autist walking the streets dressed like im ready to retake them Falklands? I'm pretty tight for cash so it would be nice not have to drop $150 plus on another jacket, but if it keeps me from looking like the unibombers Canadian spinoff, it might be worth it. Pic related

Attached: 29501.jpg (523x600, 273K)

You already know they answer: yes. Milsperg gear is completely unacceptable to wear in public as of the current year. Forget about the 1 camo item rule: it's solid colors, no (0, ZERO) insignia and even then that's barely tolerated by normies. The stakes are higher than ever: hide your powerlevel.

youll look fine, as long as your pants and body type support the look.

I wear vintage vietnam jump boots with the standard issue OD green pants, then a tank top/hoodie/streetwear jacket on top.

its all about finding the balance, if you dress full milsurp youll look insane. but if you 50/50 it with contemporary fashion youll be badass, its really popular in some places. Hell, black dudes are really into flecktarn right now, but they wear a flecktarn camo jacket with skinny jeans and basketball shoes and it sorta works.

2014 called. They want their hipters back.

Where do you all live that normies hate you for wearing camo? I got a compliment from a fast food worker about my DPM jacket the other day, so it works fine for me. Please stop with these retarded threads.

He wasn't complimenting you. He was mocking you.
I live in the Current Year + 3, 2018. Before normie npcs would simply laugh at worst. But now given how polarized everything is they would believe you are an existential threat and could sick the police onto you.

Think of it this way: If there were a game where you have:
10% chance of winning $5
30% chance of getting shot (along with your dog)
60% chance of nothing happening
and the option of walking away, would you still play?

Yes I would, because anyone retarded enough to kill me and my pets over camouflage will rightfully become bubba's bitch in prison

I'll be going to work at a government-related office, so I don't think that this will necessarily be helping my odds in regards to stirring shit

Hell, I even wore my woodland MARPAT pants with a folk metal t-shirt and Thor's hammer pendant to my retail job and my boss didn't give a shit. Fashion is fashion, stop being such an asshole trying to tell others how to dress.

>hide your powerlevel
fucking kek. the only thing people will think is that this guy is too much of a pussy to join the military so he wears camo in public to look tough. that's all it is.
if you wear a uniform and impersonate a soldier, you'll gain (false) respect. if you're an actual soldier in uniform, good for you, you've earned the recognition for doing a shit job no sane person would do.

>I even wore my woodland MARPAT pants with a folk metal t-shirt and Thor's hammer pendant to my retail job and my boss didn't give a shit.
Jesus Christ, of course he didn't give a shit, hes already written you off. Nobody bothers chrischan for wearing ugly polos and a modelling clay sonichu necklace, because its fucking chrischan and everyone assumes he'll dress like shit anyway.

This. At best you come off as a hipster, at worst you're just showing everybody your power level. I only wear plain black T's and jeans in public unless more formal dress is required.

imo only with flecktarn.

why the fuck are you wearing flecktarn faggot?

You should be fine, this thread is filled with insane reddirt/phoneposters

>wore my woodland MARPAT pants with a folk metal t-shirt and Thor's hammer pendant
>fashion

Today it's multicam pants and a generic viking-themed shirt ;D
And yes this is what I'll be wearing to the polls when I vote (I'm writing in Vermin Supreme as local treasurer since there's only one candidate running unopposed)

The CS95 smock is pretty nice, good for keeping out wind, a bit of rain, and containing all your pocket crap. You might be better off with something like a Swedish M90 for actual warmth though.

Na you'll be fine. It's a little autistic but well within normal levels.
Lot of WT running around in realcamo or whatever that hunting shit is.

t Ottawa

Wait I just looked it up and that's just a rain jacket. You're going to be cold, man. You need a winter coat here, a decent toque, gloves.

It's been around 0-5C lately here ATM and most people are in sweaters or spring and falls, but the winter coats are starting to come out.
In a couple months we're going to have days that are -30-35C including windchill. A rain jacket is NOT sufficient.

Dude go outside and take a break from Jow Forums for a bit, people don't care and nor should you.

the only acceptable milsurp is an m65 jacket in single colour.

Going outside is where I got the info. I think (you) need to spend more time outside with other people: your sense of normal is all fucked up.

It's not unheard in Funland to actually wear camo. My school alone has like 5 people who wear camo jaggets, even girls. It's still kinda hipster.
I wouldn't recommend it, wear something that has one color.

Browsing this thread in my college dining hall and literally just saw a dude in Doc Martin's wearing M81 woodland pants with like a cardigan a scarf and a Carhartt beanie. Take that as you will.

I just copped a Dutch DPM parka for like 12 buckaroos at a fun show and it's comfy as frick. I been wearing it publically for quite a bit. It doesnt have any insignias on it except the pre-stitched Netherlands flag on the side.
Did i do a bad, fellas?

I wear a surplus Czech army field jacket everywhere I go. I like the pockets, they hold all my stuff. Fuck normies, wear what you want.

yes. holy fuck what's wrong with you dress like a normal person. those smocks aren't even good, they're just a cotton windbreaker.

why the fuck would you want to dress like that in the first place? hey everybody i read books on the military let me tell you about my raifu. fucking faggot.

>boomer neocon

DOG BLESS AMERIGA

Milsurp in public isn't the real question here. In your case the situation boils down to the choice to not dress as best as you can and risk losing opportunities in your career.

you look like a fucking tool. everyone is laughing at you. jesus fuck.

remember

Attached: m65 jacket.png (5052x1168, 3.61M)

>rain jacket
not even. as someone who was issued one they're shower proof and that's it. generally when you're in the field you wear a fuck load of wool underneath, all the way down to your nuts. it's meant to keep the wind out (wind chill will kill you) and provide camoflauge. that's it. serious weather gets goretex.

WTF, WHERE IS THE HEAD?

This user asking the real questions desu

It's fine. People wear camo all the time. If anybody asks (they probably won't, aside from thinking it's cool and asking what kind it is) you have a perfectly legitimate reason.

I wore an M81 jacket in San Francisco for several hours because some faggot on here said it would surely get me beat up/arrested. Nothing of the sort happened, in fact I blended into the crowd perfectly well because dozens of other people were wearing the same thing.

speaking of faggots...
This is complete horseshit. You post in every camo thread and you have your head completely up your ass. Then you samefag hard when people call you out on your retardation.

Stop being a complete coward and go outside once in a while. Nobody cares about you enough to be out to get you. Nobody gives a fuck about people wearing camo in public. It has been a normie-tier fashion trend since literally the 1990s. It is completely socially acceptable and people do it all the time.

If you subjectively think it looks autistic, whatever. But this doomer shit is retarded chicken little nonsense. The sky isn't falling and nobody is getting shot over just wearing camo in public. If you think that's how bad it's gotten you are probably a paranoid schizophrenic and genuinely need help.

Attached: NYET.jpg (479x680, 114K)

Yes public milsurp clothing is autism signaling

I’d just assume you were a retarded neonazi and leave you alone

Yes, the only people who say otherwise are autists

>implying autism isn't a good thing

Attached: 1529546611924.jpg (640x640, 70K)

not american but yeah fair enough

Literally no one cares, I see people wearing milsurp every day. Especially college students and especially with a capital especial asians.
asians love camo, gooks in particular
and with patterns like this, can you blame them?

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1600x1200, 236K)

Thank you for being a voice of reason. There is literally nothing wrong or dangerous about wearing a milsurp camo jacket in public. In temperate weather I love wearing a BDU jacket with rolled sleeves in either 'Nam tiger stripe or M81 Woodland. Combined with nice fitting jeans, a tshirt, and some sneakers or boots, it's a perfect low key look. The only comments I get are the dad jokes about why people can't see me. We all chuckle, it's a good time.

i wear surplus pants while doing landscaping. theyre fire retardant and have insect repellent in them. havent gotten a tick all summer wearing them. they have ripstop pockets so my stuff doesnt fall out while moving around on the mower.
plus got them for 9$
16yr old girls and city faggots who dont do real work care what other people wear

>speaking of faggots...
there are like five different guys you're quoting there. i know you thought that when you came to Jow Forums you'd be in a circle jerk of lifeless reject faggots like yourself, but Jow Forums has never really been like that. i would suggest moving over to Jow Forums. and then killing yourself, because you're laughably pathetic.

>Stop being a complete coward and go outside once in a while.

nigger, i go out more than you do, which is why i know how shit military issue gear is and how much of a useless retard you look for wearing it.

>nobody is getting shot over just wearing camo in public

who the fuck said they were. what kind of a fucking retard are you? oh wait
>tripfag
never mind.

>cheap
>better quality than commercial sweatshop stuff in the same price bracket
>comfy
>utility
>recycles old clothing
>fun to collect
Stop being a faggot

Completely autistic and retarded. Civilian clothing is always superior to cheap military crap. idk where the perception comes from that leads people to think otherwise.

>Are you using it to get attention?
If yes then off yourself

If you have money for autism milsurp then you have money to buy regular clothes.

Attached: 713c9b06a1b323ff7bb1b748a026d8fc254ef2efd69547df533886f29d669121.jpg (476x640, 34K)

Literally everything that comes from these threads:
>lmao attracting attention
>lmao not attracting attention
>>caring what others think
>hide your powerlevel
>be a gray man
What the fuck am I supposed to say OP. I don't even know anymore

Attached: 1530281739001.png (187x247, 58K)

Why do you niggers care? Wear what you want. If you're not on the job it's nobodies goddamn business.