Guys, I got a new Aero stripped upper and rested it down on a surface plate and could see light everywhere...

Guys, I got a new Aero stripped upper and rested it down on a surface plate and could see light everywhere. . Is this in spec or am I being autistic?

3 thou feeler gauge in pic.

Attached: IMG_5871.jpg (4032x3024, 1.48M)

You have an Anderson lower. Why do you care?

Autism strikes again. Look up the actual tolerances on pic rails sometimes you faggot.

.004 like a hotdog down a hallway under some of the rails.

Attached: IMG_5877.jpg (4032x3024, 1.4M)

>faggot buys the bottom of the barrel cheapest shit and then expects top tier quality
shove those feeler gauges up your ass, fag.

Which upper should I be looking at so that i don't see light between the plate and the rails? I want a flat rail so it doesn't tweak whatever scope I put on it.

Attached: IMG_5881.jpg (4032x3024, 1.46M)

Jesus fucking Christ what a raging faggot.

Attached: Picantinny-recoilgroove-diagram.gif (523x404, 12K)

I'm sending this one back to Brownells btw.

If this is such a big deal to you, lap the top of the rails until they are even.

Do you own uppers that pass your autism?

how do you know your surface is level

>being this stupid

Attached: 5a2faaedf2aa19df45a7bce2ef759af2e8708fd58f168882947dceb5ebbfae87.png (446x377, 52K)

this
>demands tight as hell machining
>lacks the proper tools to measure it
and as an added bonus:
>it's the side of the rails that actually matter

holy shit the meme is real

Attached: e534fe8e1af8de299f3bbb708614122fda81652ff993a7b8af9e15cdbabe250a.jpg (491x491, 39K)

I don't have tools with enough resolution to measure the true flatness of my surface plate but I can verify it's within a ten thousandth in a 5" radius in the center of the stone. It's just a toolroom "B" grade stone which is calibrated to ten thousandth flatness.

Attached: IMG_5892.jpg (4032x3024, 1.56M)

It's in spec and you are being autistic.

user it does not matter.
As long as sights fit and the barrel is tightly attatched it'll be as accurate as any other upper receiver.

Attached: 1538331607626.jpg (240x240, 14K)

Please continue this thread.
It's the kind of self determined autism I can get behind.

Attached: 1541082501489.gif (480x270, 495K)

Attached: Fresh_77cf78_6650341.jpg (1200x800, 123K)

You bought a pretty decent value upper and a dogshit lower. Get any lower that isn't poverty pony and you should have much less of a gap.

Do you expect a clapped out 87' Datsun to have the same specs and build quality as a 2018 BMW M5?

You do know you're going to have to dial in your sights or scope anyway, right?

There is unironically nothing wrong with poverty pony lowers. They are dimensionally accurate, they are the same 7075T6 aluminum coming out of all the other forged, and they do a good job with their anodizing. Christ what more do you really need?

How high on the spectrum are you, really?

>in which Jow Forums can't talk about a gun without calling someone an autistic NPC in every post
nu Jow Forums

It's fine. First of all, 3 thou is nothing (literally a hair's width). Secondly, inconsistency of the trails from place to place is one of the reasons why you zero your sight in one specific spot and unless you use a qd mount, you must re zero every time your remove it. Even with a qd mount it is only going to keep the zero in that one slot you zeroed it at. You have to remember they sandblast receivers, and then anodize them (which causes some dimensional change as well). Your rifle is designed for being taken into the wilderness. It is not precision fixturing. You're going to put bigger inconsistencies into it by accidentally banging the rail into a rock. Also

That is not how you check flatness. You can't use the same rock you are checking as a reference to check itself. That is just nonsense. The easiest way is to get a known good rock and check it with a dial test indicator. Or Prussian blue it and rub the two together.

OP is the one calling people NPCs, fag

>Buy a shit tier lower
>Obsess over variations within tolerance
OP, you're a fucking faggot

Actually, just setting the dial indicator on the surface you should be able to register high and low spots on the indicator. Not well for something as flat as a surface plate but good enough.

Professionals calibrate surface plates by laying special instruments on the surface and moving them around. The concept is easy enough to understand. If you lay a flat block with a laser on top shining parallel to the surface of the block, and you move the block around on a supposedly flat surface, you can measure the parallelism of the laser relative to the surface being calibrated while the instrument is being moved around. The laser doesn’t even need to be perfectly parallel to the block itself for this to work.

I love this thread, it's a storm of 'tism

Attached: spaceforce_lower.jpg (631x328, 29K)

>they are dimensionally accurate
Theyre close
I use aero uppers almost exclusively but lowers vary. With PSA there is a noticeable amount of wobble between the upper and lower, does this really effect performance outside of precision builds? No
But its there.
Spikes lowers ive seen do it just slightly
Ruger complete rifle was practically rattling
LMT MARS lower it barely wobbles at all
Same with a couple DD lowers

Just use an accu wedge