Hello Jow Forums, I've decided to go mad max and get saw off a shotgun (legally). However...

Hello Jow Forums, I've decided to go mad max and get saw off a shotgun (legally). However, before I did so I wanted some input from y'all.
Here or the options to choose from:
>O/U or SxS
>12ga or 20 ga
>blued or stainless
so far I'm liking the idea of a blued O/U in 20ga. but I wanted some reasons on why you may think that that is retarded. Thanks.

Attached: meme627.jpg (1280x720, 330K)

Other urls found in this thread:

budsgunshop.com/catalog/mobile/product/70781/redirect
paladinarmory.com/SBSAOW.htm
paladinarmory.com/newpage11.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

selfbump

I'd go blued SxS in 20, personally. I just can't get behind the cut down O/U look.

budsgunshop.com/catalog/mobile/product/70781/redirect
How about this

I was thinking O/U because say I wanted to keep it in my car, I could tuck it between the passenger seat and center console easier

Makes sense, but the bluing will get all scratched up, so maybe go matte stainless.

Sxs just for the aesthetics. Also is 10 gauge a possibility?

Are you in the US?

I think keeping an NFA gun in your car is a really bad idea

I think 10ga is not something I want to attempt without a stock, also I'd probably have to order all of my ammo online (not really a bad thing, just less convenient if I suddenly want to have a range trip and am running low).

with it being an NFA item (and a cheap one at that) would I face any penalties in the instance it was stolen?

The gun is already going to suck to shoot and be more of a hanger. Might as well go full tard and satisfy any future tism you might have in one purchase.

Then buy a psa pistol and throw that in your car. So you get two guns.

I was thinking 20ga would be pretty tolerable but I can't say for certain. Would you have any experience with something like this?

Matte stainless sounds pretty good, but should I keep wood furniture on it or replace it with a black polymer?

>O/U or SxS
>blued or stainless
Aesthetics are your call, get what you like.
>12ga or 20 ga
This I would advise against.
There is nothing stopping you from getting light enough loads in 12 to make 20 redundant.
20 would just be limiting your already limited use gun.

What would be the 12ga equivilent of 20ga #4 buckshot?

I mean, stick with wood if it has it, I think it would look better. Black polymer will show scratches just the same as bluing. Wood's also far easier to cut down if that's your thing.

12ga #4 buckshot, there's just more of it (and more powder) in the cartridge.

For the record I disagree with ; 20ga is still quite a powerful load, having a bit more than twice the muzzle energy of a .44 magnum. At the ranges you'd use a sawed-off, it allows you to control recoil a lot better with really a quite minimal loss of killing power. The real downside is that there's less shot, so you have a much smaller chance of inflicting a predictable wound pattern at longer than ~15yds.

I'm not a shotgun expert here, but I would recommend going with a side by side. There's probably a reason you barely hear of O/U sawed-offs.

I was more so wondering the recoil equivilant but it doesn't really matter as I plan on sticking with 20ga anyways

>legally

Attached: 1520470775585.png (480x480, 223K)

Sorry to ruin your fun Mr.ATF man

paladinarmory.com/SBSAOW.htm

12ga is fine. used to drive-by pigs and kangaroos from a bike back in the old days.

>There's probably a reason you barely hear of O/U sawed-offs.
Because they're generally too expensive to take a hacksaw to.

Attached: Eraser12-OU-4.jpg (1280x534, 88K)

Blued SxS in 12 you fucking degenerate

>sawn off O/U
>unironically trying to be carl

Attached: 20181106_022633.jpg (292x161, 31K)

There is a reason you dont use an over under.
Every one has a safety feature, that automatically clicks the safety on every time you close the gun.
Some side by sides have that. But its rare.
And from trap/skeet shooting. I hate dealing with it if you're doing anything under pressure.

Legally getting a sawn off for mad maxery is unnecessary. If the world does indeed go mad, then you won't have to worry about the ATF. You can freely saw off the barrel of any gun you like in such an anarchic world.

SXS
BLUE
FAGGOT.

paladinarmory.com/newpage11.htm

I'd go blued 12 sxs and use 20 sleeves. I mean it's a sbs so its not like you're going get a tight pattern to begin with and if you are going through all that paper work why not keep your options as open as possible?

>none a' dis mattas

16 g sxs for a sawed . No other build is worth the effort

>Every one has a safety feature, that automatically clicks the safety on every time you close the gun.
wtf are you smoking nigger