Justifying having guns

Honest question Jow Forums I'm not anti gun at all but as a britbong I'm not sure how you can justify owning an arsenal of deadly weapons. In what ways do you justify it to yourselves? From an outsider looking in it seems tremendously unnecessary to own one gun let alone 20 guns. Even if you are an avid outdoorsman would a crossbow not accomplish the same job?

Attached: download (13).jpg (275x183, 12K)

Because I can.

Because I can

I just like having em and that is a good enough reason

>as a britbong
My country was founded because we had guns. You would understand if you weren't the property of a monarch.

lol

Attached: 1520877816140.png (800x2048, 357K)

this is why, asshole , this is why

Attached: 1541428945519s.jpg (168x250, 7K)

Guns are cool and fuck anyone who tries to take them from me.

because they're fun and loud and fuck you. if the Canadians ever invade I'm right across the border bitch.

Fair enough but is that really enough reason to have a stockpile of weapons? It's just mind boggling to me that any bloke off the street can walk in to a shop and within 5 minutes walk out with a deadly weapon to carry with them wherever they go.

Attached: 1520876332040.png (613x832, 245K)

Not the case. Also because I can. You aren't the world and you certainly dont get a say on what the world does

Attached: 1520885881887.jpg (1024x704, 103K)

tl;dr - I'm a "citizen", not a "subject" like you. A free man in the truest sense. My rights are inalienable.

Enjoy your subjugation.

>not the case
But it is mate, it's tremendously quick and easy to purchase a gun in the United States. From what I have seen it is no different than popping in to a shop for some fizzy drink.

ITT: bong can't comprehend why the Founding Burgers enshrined the right of citizens to own redcoat-slayers
>nothing new under the sun

Attached: Poor-Thieves.jpg (620x679, 411K)

How do you justify owning a deadly car, deadly baseball bat, deadly substances including alcohol, or deadly kitchen knives?

Attached: 5601.jpg (749x1219, 108K)

In the interest of being kind and providing you a genuine answer: The right to bear arms was instated with the purpose of holding off threats. Being equally as dangerous as criminals and the government itself is vital to the defense of liberty. As the saying goes, crooks love unarmed victims, and as far as I'm concerned, everyone but me's a crook, whether they be my senator or my neighbor. That's my justification.

You need a federal background check for fizzy drink in the UK? jesus.

Attached: VhVQqQB.jpg (876x1920, 134K)

Oh haha you card I get it. Nice thread, hoho!

No, it isn't. By god it should be, but it isn't.

A car has a purpose of transportation, a bat has a purpose of sporting, alcohol can bring people together through social situations, and kitchen knives have a purpose of helping create meals.

Guns have one purpose and that is to take life away from someone or something.

ITT, we explain the difference between freedom and subjugation to our bong colleagues

Attached: DGoJX_9W0AAqcW2.jpg (655x890, 71K)

Not as such, but you have to get one for your Fizzy Beverage Loicence which must be renewed biquarterly.

Literally all those implements have ties to military use.

Surgery is only a thing because of battlefield medicine

>Implying this is a bait thread
Rude! Modern brits are a very retarded people

>a bat has a purpose of sporting
So do my firearms.

>you don't NEED a gun
how the hell did you people conquer half the world?

Military use of weapons is to be expected and is a fully justifiable use of weapons to ensure the security of a nation and it's people. I just don't see the reason for civilian possession of deadly weapons.

I own multiple firearms because the constitution says I can. I carry a pistol every where I go because my state gave me a piece of paper so I legally can.

I don't have to justify shit to anyone. Why do people have 20 pairs of Jordan's? Because they can.

For one, an armed populace is necessary to prevent government tyranny. I'm sure your butter knife licenses and anti-speech laws aren't tyrannical in your eyes tho :^)
Secondly, even a couple minutes for the cops to show up is too long to wait during a home invasion, and it's even worse for us rural folks
Thirdly, I like guns and that's reason enough on its own.

Si vis pacum, para bellum, nemo provocare, nemo audet offendere quem intellegit superiorem esse, si pugnet.

>tfw you forget shit that the Romans who conquered your shitty barbarian lands taught you

Attached: oi.png (318x240, 150K)

>Guns have one purpose and that is to take life away from someone or something.

You're telling us biathlon guns are meant to murder people?

It's unnecessary to drink alcohol and browse the internet too.

You unintentionally summarized it here:
>ensure the security of a nation and it's people

Remember that Baby Alfie case you Britbongs had? Imagine how that would have gone if the parents had guns. Picture related.

Attached: Screenshot_20181106-005536.jpg (1080x1920, 638K)

Mate, you have to admit that owning several pairs of trainers is not the same as owning several deadly weapons...

You have no idea what the firearm laws are in the US. You have no idea what even happens during the purchasing process.

>Guns kill
Yeah not shit motherfucker, and water is wet. I have the legal right in my state to kill somebody threatening my physical well being or property, you don't, therefore Its fine you aren't allowed to own a firearm as I am. Who gives a shit about your has been nation thats slowly turning into an Islamic republic.

Attached: Son-this-is-bait.jpg (620x625, 20K)

>Guns have one purpose and that is to take life away from someone or something.
Funny because I've been using my guns several times a month for five years and I never hurt anyone.

>Mate, you have to admit that owning several pairs of trainers is not the same as owning several deadly weapons...

True. Trainers aren't nearly as useful for driving off subjects who have been commanded to take away your freedom.

Attached: unarmed_slaves.jpg (500x739, 59K)

You only fear firearms because you don't understand them.

>not anti gun
>I'm not sure how you can justify owning an arsenal of deadly weapons
>unnecessary to own one gun
Jow Forums really is the easiest board to bait

I own them because I hunt and train my marksmanship and practical shooting skills with them. They're mine, I've bought them with my own hard earned money. If the russki comes over for a visit I will need both my skills and my guns because first I will have to fight a war, and then I might need to be part of resistance. The more firearms, ammunition, will and skill to fight and similarly minded able, free men we have the safer me, my community and my country are.

You dont need have guns but dont you dare to assume everyone else is also okay in being just a subject.

Look up the Battle of New Athens; best demonstration of of why we have the 2nd Amendment post-wwii.

The simple fact is that in the end political power can only exist if one has the will and ability to inflict violence to enforce it. The 2nd Amendment was designed to spread this power more evenly throughout the population.

Attached: 1447468821871.jpg (1087x1070, 169K)

I'm genuinely not anti gun. I don't disagree that you should be able to have them as your constitution explicitly protects your right to do so but I do not understand how the individual can justify owning them outside of extreme circumstances. I have no problem with anybody who has the right to own firearms exercising that right and owning firearms but it just seems incredibly unnecessary to me.

so that when the Liberal faggots try to sick an Antifa Nigger Communist mob on me, I have the option of gunning them down, and arming several friends at the same time.

You were supposed to use them to prevent this but you done fucked that up.

Attached: CE789672-A884-4D61-8009-D584A8BBF852.jpg (829x499, 45K)

The problem you are having stems from approaching the subject improperly. You are assuming that we need to justify owning a firearm at all. The short answer is that we don't. You could easily assume the need to justify owning plenty of things and the same logic would apply. If the issue you have is that "guns are only designed to kill things" I would say that, like with anything else, If I'm not in the process of or attempting to break the law, what I own is my business and mine alone. When I say that a lot of times I hear back something like "but you could do(insert awful thing here)" and that's true but the fact is I'm not. When someone crosses that line they can get what's coming to them but I don't want lawmakers to start writing up laws based on hypotheticals.

You're in the wrong place here m80

Attached: 20181030_224104.jpg (3974x2236, 2.52M)

A right by definition needs no justification.

This.

If you use the “it’s possible someone could get hurt” argument, where do you stop? Many knives are made only to kill, so you ban blades weapons. If you ban bladed weapons you’ve got to ban cooking knives because the only major difference is the intended use. And it goes on from there. I mean shit I can’t imagine people are really happy that everything in the Uk either requires a license or is out right banned.

because its a hobby

I own deadly weapons so that if someone tries to kill me I can kill him first. Also they're pretty fun to shoot.

That's like asking why you need more than one wrench. A person might need several guns just for hunting alone. A shotgun for birds, a rifle for deer, a shorter rifle for hogs, and another small caliber rifle or high powered airgun for small game. Then you need one or two more guns for home and personal defense. And of course, an AK-15 for taking on the gubmint.

Fire extinguisher for 2 legged fires. You don't run and buy an extinguisher when your house is burning down, you keep one so you can stop the fire before it spreads.

People just ignore the laws, which is where the real problem lies. If you don't come to the attention of the state or anyone with influence you'll be able to do whatever you like without punishment, if you piss anyone off all of these laws will be suddenly enforced and you'll go to prison for 20 years.

Have you ever gotten into an argument with a girl and noticed that after she's done slandering you, if you dare to say anything back she suddenly becomes the victim and 5 guys jump in to defend her? The same thing happens, but the girl is your right to defend yourself and the guys are the state.

The British man is a subject who willingly gives up god given rights to stay comfortable and out of harms way, while the American man is willing to face danger for his principles.

> It's just mind boggling to me that any bloke off the street can walk in to a shop and within 5 minutes walk out with a deadly weapon to carry with them wherever they go.
Now how it works. That statement not only is flawed it also is teeming with social engineering.
And that's where you're done. If you aren't going to take the time to research the subject properly people should not take the time to answer you or entertain your feelings derived question of "WHYYYYYY?????".
But, food for thought: Firearms, yes even in the the US are used in a fraction of assaults and murders compared to things that any bloke in the UK can also buy and carry around. Whoops, interesting how people forget about that.
Go watch your coronation street and stop engaging in dangerous thinking. That's not befitting of a good subject.

>any bloke off the street can walk in to a shop and within 5 minutes walk out with a deadly weapon
#FakeNews

>5 minutes
I fucking wish, in the shithole state I live in it takes 3 fucking days

Is this really what the British see it as? I live in Georgia, a place with some of the best gun laws in the whole of Western Civilization, and I have to have a loicense if I want to just walk into a gun store and buy whatever I want without the chance of a waiting period. And it takes longer than 5 minutes to inspect a firearm and deem it worthy for purchase of course.

>Englishman askin Amerimuts why do they need guns.
You need to read more Abdula

Because normal people do not randomly decide to kill others

Also the thing about owning guns is you usually get brought down to earth about what a gun is. Meaning they dont see it as much of a deadly weapon as it is a tool that they may or may not remember how to use when the time comes.

Basically, every fuckin' nogunz always thinks that people with guns are absolutely SURGING with power as long as they are holding a gun. this cannot be further than the truth.
The truth is is that it feels about as good as sitting inside a nice car. Thats it. And the only people that are mirin' are other gun nuts. Does it feel bad when nogunz look at your gun and immediately make a sour face? Of course it does. Guns are beautiful, every gun owner wants others to appreciate that. Guns are testament to human ingenuity, figuring out how to perfect the ol' sling n spear.

im rambling.

God I hate my fellow bongs whenever they talk about guns, go out and get yourself a firearms license, then maybe you'll get why. The only reason you don't get it is because we've been stripped of such a basic right for so long and don't have any chance of getting it back. Some people want to be able to defend themselves instead of relying on an ever dwindling police force that only punishes 'hate crimes', drug possession and functions as a crime number dispensary. If insurers could issue their own crime numbers we might as well not even have police. Some people don't just swallow government fear mongering.

It's a tool for survival
People are crazy and I want to be able to defend myself
Your country shouldn't be able to take that away from you
And since it can't protect you effectively enough
It is a right

The absolute Orwellian state of things in the UK

Oh and to answer your point

What's stopping me from shooting others? Well what's stopping me from randomly veering into pedestrians when I'm going 45mph? What's stopping me from getting my compressed air boltgun and going anton chigur on people? What's stopping me from pushing people into train tracks?

There are deadly shit all around you mother fucker, you answered your own question, normal people have an instinct to preserve their own kind. Even if I was handed Zeus' lightning bolts I wouldn't go around murdering everyone. This isn't GTA. And if you ban guns those crazies will always find a way to fuck over other peoples innocent lives.

I'd assume they're trolling had I not worked with some real life bongs who were shocked -- SHOCKED! -- that I routinely carry a folding knife with about a 1.5 inch blade.

>stockpile of weapons
Why do brits also overindex on quantity? It doesn't matter whether someone has 1 gun or 20.

The worst part is, providing its not one of those locking knives her majesty has condemned, that's even legal in the UK, bit people are too afraid of them. They literally can't process the idea of carrying a knife of any shape or size.

and to END my tirade

the only reason you are so scared is from listening to the big M word. MEDIA. its the same reason people freaked out when trump won and think its okay to talk about killing the president or how people in brazil are convulsing in fear because of bolsonaro. Nothings fucking happening, its just that they get their whole picture from the media.

Now maybe we should do something about freedom of press rather than right to bear arms....................

Do you also live in Illinois?

>cant own AR or AK style rifles where I live

Could be worse, I live in California where it takes 10 days (or more) to get your gun. Recently bought a cz75 and because the shop had to order it I had to pay up front for it, wait 4 days for it to come in, drive 30 minutes back to the store, fill out all the paperwork, and wait an additional 10 days to be able to pick it up.

Attached: 584-jwQCZ.AuSt_.55.jpg (640x471, 59K)

Yeah.

Don't worry, depending on how this election goes we might be right there with you in the cuckshed.

Gun ownership can mean many different things to many different people. Many justifications are purely cultural while others are more practical. I personally own firearms to protect myself and my fellow citizens from violent threats should they arise. I strongly believe in the concept of collective self-defense and I really believe that every honest American should own a firearm to defend their homes and fellow countrymen. However, many gun owners do not share my same level of respect for their weapons and view them as their God-given right, which is total far-right bullshit. The Second Amendment has been twisted, contorted, and reinterpreted many different times over the years to achieve certain political goals, but I still believe in the soul of the document and what it stands for before I accept any political reinterpretation of it.

Attached: 1375518370270.gif (293x222, 412K)

It hurts to live. I hope California votes red tomorrow so we can repeal these unconstitutional laws.

It's asking a lot though because of the libs on the coast. State of Jefferson needs to happen now.

>I'm not anti gun at all but [...]
Silly anti-gunner.

Attached: you.png (333x260, 23K)

How can you justify owning a performance car when a shitbox sedan will do?

I don't think either of those things are going to happen any time soon, if you want gun rights you should probably start working on moving.

All the more reason to reduce the size of the state and take back your rights. I don’t want to get too political here, but britbongs keep falling for the same tricks every time. Media starts a big panic, they falsifie some big push from the “public” to ban “x”, “x” gets banned and the citizens just sit there and take it like vapid husks.

Moving back to oregon next year if my place of work goes under like I think it's going to.

Attached: 1541323246803.jpg (653x490, 41K)

I live in a diverse neighbourhood
The Urban Market has a strong presence, the Urban Market once stole my TV

Attached: 1524600898090.png (383x412, 232K)

Not just britbongs I know, same argument applies.

Because I feel honored to own one of man's most important and controversial inventions. Additionally, I feel it proper to own a device that levels the playing field with those who wish harm or suffering upon me and my loved ones. No government should be allowed to deny me the right to protect myself.

To kill enemies both foreign (see 1776 you tea drinking cunt) and domestic (see The Burea of Alchohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives)

>Remember that Baby Alfie case you Britbongs had? Imagine how that would have gone if the parents had guns.
Pretty sure Alfie would still be brain dead, with or without guns.

I own 130 different guns because I fucking can you tea drinking cunt. Quit trying to dabble in our politics that you know nothing about. Enjoy your fucking knife ban you cunt.

What is telling is that we believe in having these weapons is to protect ourselves from an unjust government. Would you rather be a tyrant in a nation where only your goons can have a weapon or one where every citizen can legally own the means to take on said goons?

>I own 130 different guns

Attached: 1520470775585.png (480x480, 223K)

oregon is doomed, go somewhere else

We'll see how it goes tomorrow. If it gets cucked I'm going to be looking at property in Sparks, NV

>Even if you are an avid outdoorsman would a crossbow not accomplish the same job?
How about you try to kill a charging grizzly with a fucking crossbow and then tell us how well things are going for you?

Attached: (((Gun Control))).jpg (500x628, 79K)

It would kill the bear just the same

Nice b8.

Pray that we dont. I dont want to be restricted to 10 round or less pistols. Man I hate this state how are we in the midwest yet our politics are of that of the east and west