youtube.com/watch?v=IzUoe-9bKa0
Would this be viable for home defense?
>wake up to shady characters breaking in
>put on the laser google welding mask
>point it at the intruders eyes
>33.000.000 times more intense than staring into the sun
>he instantly goes blind
if you want to you can also just set his clothes on fire
Any reason why this wouldn't work? I'm pretty sure even if you didn't manage to get a direct hit to his eyes, he couldn't open them or see anything, he'd have no idea what was going on

Attached: LaserBazooka_FEAT.png (970x545, 425K)

why has no one done this, i can see the headlines

>tfw the faggots of Jow Forums are scared of laser beams

is there a guide or we just piece together his info

probably not a guide, this is a really interesting machine, do you reckon if i shit it across a busy highway at night, couldn't i just instantly blind every single person looking? the future is now Jow Forums

you could, and you’d be a very bad person. But imagine it

The only problem with that is that everyone could see you too. You wouldn't get away with it.

>just instantly blind every single person looking
>everyone could see you too
???

What are traffic cameras and people far enough away to not be affected yet close enough to see the 2nd sun opening next to the interstate

blinded/not useful witnesses

And what are they gonna do, arrest me? Kinda hard to do that if you're blind
Have we just found the perfect weapon?

>everyone starts wearing 80s cyberpunk glasses due to the threat of laser damage

What about the battery supply? I would assume itd chew through power like crazy, and I think your underestimating how quickly we can track people in todays day and age without you even realizing, not just anyone could build something like that from scratch not to mention using it would make you noticeable from space most likely

Ok retard let me put it to you in a way you could understand. Imagine driving with 4 or 5 cars infront of you. Some retard inna bush somewhere shines his dyndunuffin light at cars 1-4 and they all suddenly decide to slow down and stop. You're going to pull over to assess what the fuck just happened. Anyone in that situation will know 1. where it came from. 2. call the police. 3. You'll be ass fucked in jail but not in the good way.

this is you assuming they can ID me in the dark

Also on the note of the perfect weapon, due to the intensity (I'm not a science nigger by any means) but could their be a way to "ionize" something radioactive (like putting a peice of uranium where the laser emits from) and cause the laser to become a bright ass blinding ray that also makes you succumb to radiation poisoning?

All you really need is a quick flash probably, to blind anyone watching. Even if they were to drone strike you, you'd still have possibly blinded thousands of people

What if the retard innabush is actually on an overpass and can blast your face and everyone in the next 5 miles with his blinding light? Sure you can call the cops, but he could be gone the hell away from there within a minute
i don't know anything about this stuff but that sounds pretty rad

I like the subtle pun, does Jow Forums have any nuclear engineers aside from Oppenheimer who can confirm my theory of ionizing radiation with bright ass lasers? Or atleast someone who has a basic understanding of it

The battery supply though, I couldn't imagine getting more than a few minutes use out of it and once people realize some asshole with a blinding beam is going around theyd probably cover their eyes or if they see you from behind they'll tackle you to the ground

>What about the battery supply?
Plug it into a cheap uninterruptible power supply?

all you need is 10 seconds, a few minutes takes out the news copter. Also, instinct in normies tells them to look AT shiny, not away.

Then you kill your mobility and increase your chance at being discovered

Please don't be a nigger and blast someone's eyes to the point where they have to live off of benefits for the rest of their lives.

you’ve never plugged anything into a street light before?

Not everyone in society is a normie, maybe in northern parts (assuming America) but down south people tend to be a little more vigilant about niggery things

Were I grew up screw lights dont have anything to plug into? And also now I live in the country so only intersections have a wooden pole with a light and that's it for miles

Good, take out the normies, it’s time to rise up! this is of course a joke Mr Lawman

Gamers...

Attached: epicgameryespapaslonkinggangweedyespaparisinguppyespapaopenyourmouth4Gfmy.jpg (640x983, 58K)

I'm hoping all this discussion is purely hypothetical and a discussion of science

you could still theoretically blind a hundred people from an overpass or some high point and then just leave, if you don't live in CSI land you'd probably easily get away with it, and if anyone comes for you, just blind them too and set them on fire

How does what I say make me a "gamer" it's the truth, I grew up in Houston but have travelled all over the country and people in northern cities are miles more unaware of their surroundings than southern cities

It's just a shit meme
This would be good for wrecking innocent heli pilots

Attached: hueh.gif (227x221, 980K)

Suddenly, you realize that having weird face-hugging W I D E 80's cyberpunk sunglasses are actually to prevent blindness due to laser exposure and not just aesthetic.

Attached: 1432203516169.png (960x720, 782K)

Not a sci fag either but im pretty sure it wouldnt work

That's unfortunate, I was thinking making the radiation would get excited due to the laser passing through the uranium causing it to ride the light waves like a radiation emitter

sunglasses wouldn't really help you though

>defeats your dumbass flashlight

Nothing personal.

Attached: autodarkeningweldinghelmet.jpg (1125x1125, 181K)

>actually decreasing your reflective index
hope you enjoy melted plastic and glass on your face

You could blind quite a lot of people until someone gets a welders mask and a gun, I've been thinking what'd happen if someone did a Paddock with a device like this, I don't like to post about it because I feel it'd give ideas.
physicsfag, it dont work that way

just walk into the beam and do a 360 to counter it

Not if you use near infrared.

>power is out
>some chuckle fuck takes that as a good time to break into your house
>your megalazor9000 is useless
yeah no thanks

>not rucking 12 car batteries at all times
Do you really want to be raped that badly?

>hear bang bang crash over at anons house
>oh jeeze hope everything is okay
>look out window
>door kicked in
>can't hear anything
>suddenly every opening out of the house glows bright blue for just a moment
>and then again
>and again
>user drags some smoking charred corpse out onto his lawn
>he's wearing a welding mask and carrying some kind of brick gun
>waves at me

He's a good boy.

>the cities power has been flickering often lately
>on the bright side, crime has been plummeting
>the air reeks of o-zone and jerky

Pic related is around 100 watts. Batteries have come a long way.

Attached: Nitecore-TM10K-Flashlight-3.jpg (1087x725, 203K)

They haven’t come far enough if you use this supreme pointer as it’s intended.

>some teenager has been running around in a bright white trenchcoat and 80's glasses
>with a toy laser rifle

>no one knows where he came from
>we all know where he’s going

XENOS GET OUT OF MY BUNKER! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 9d3148faa44619e4ef287e7149e5a54a.jpg (1536x2048, 337K)

>be 2028
>be me
>walking home after work
>some nog tries to rob me
>whip out my self defence laser gun
>activate it
>blind me, the nigger, and 12 other people with one tap

Made me laugh out loud.

I have a 200mw red laser which can pop balloons, cut plastic trash bags and light matches. It is my most credible defense against an armored shooter such as what happened in the Aurora, CO movie theater. A perp can't so easily shoot when he can't see.

ADVANCED CRYSTALLINE MATRIX.
MINI MIRRORS!

Ah yes an early machination of the humble lasrifle, praise be the Omnissiah for this look into such venerable tech

Attached: binaric_praise.jpg (220x230, 7K)

Welding masks wouldn't do shit against a laser, they're broadband. You need a filter specifically designed to block the wavelength of the laser.

why all the 0s after the 33

i think he meant it in millions, as in the light is 33 million times more intense than looking into the sun which is basically breaking the geneva convention as you aren’t allowed to develop a laser weapon that blinds people. along with the flash frying of said poor fool.

sorry made an error. its countries that follow the geneva convention aka use it in war

Could you as a citizen be tried for war crimes (such as using this for self defense) if it was a truly self defense situation where you used any means necessary to protect you or those around you? And if so could a soldier if no other option was available be tried for war crimes if the alternative was him and his squad dying? (Such as using a handgun that just happened to be loaded with hollow points for some reason)

we need this to be mass produced for civil war 2.0
you could neutralize a force 10x your size with just one of these.
also helicopters.
also mraps.

Attached: thrillho.jpg (251x240, 6K)

a couple notes:
batteries have come a long way. and when in doubt just bring a backpack full of lipos.
the laser uses highly focused light, not fucktons of energy going in the general direction.

also imagine replacing the laser with xrays. a directed beam of xrays could be soooo much worse.
>cancer
>radiation burns
>penetrates, difficult to shield
>fucks camera sensors and sensitive electronics
>completely invisible to humans. only noticed once damage is done
does not need to be focused into a precise point, easier to use at range

i could see guerillia nutjobs roasting infanty collums with caner rays once queen hillary deletes the second ammendment.
also i think this would be fairly easy to ghetto rig in your kitchen if you understand electronics and have wikipedia

Attached: 1541293759700.jpg (686x686, 92K)

Would it have the same result as the idea I suggested earlier? A blinding ray of light that dumps radiation into your body making you succumb to radiation poisoning? Truly a weapon go surpass metal gear

All these laser threads make me want to spend $150 on some fuck you light things on fire monster. Who makes the best ones?