Battle Rifle General /brg/

Deciding between FAL, G3, and ace. Use will be target in extreme conditions 400-500 meters. Extreme as in sandy wind, heat, rain, humidity. Money is no issue, I was just about to get a Galil but when the moment came I remembered to confer with Jow Forums first.

Attached: F663472D-E8E5-43E5-A77A-E3613BA84546.jpg (1024x768, 233K)

Other urls found in this thread:

atlanticfirearms.com/products/ptr-gi-308-rifle-w-o-rail
classicfirearms.com/ptr-91-g1-308-caliber-semi-auto-rifle-gi-ptr-101/
budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/2084_2108/products_id/75794/DPMS 60560 PTHR Oracle 20+1 308WIN/7.62NATO 16
maglatchusa.com
palmettostatearmory.com/psa-gen2-pa10-18-mid-length-308-win-stainless-steel-classic-rifle.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

FAL or G3, they both make me feel funny in my genital area.

Why not both?

G3 runs better than those in adverse conditions.

>Money is no issue
If that was true, we all know you would be buying a SCAR.

Attached: 2dmk14.jpg (540x264, 27K)

Does DSA make their rifles in batches or to-order?

>scar
NOT, I already debated with myself between a scar or ace, those were my first original choices. I decided against it because it’s a peacock’s rifles that doesn’t give more back than the ace, and even now I reconsider the ace.

SF still use G3s; SF don't use FALs.

Attached: HK_G3_MOHW.png (512x308, 49K)

>it’s a peacock’s rifles that doesn’t give more back than the ace
I would also like the ACE someday, but the SCAR is a 1moa to sub-moa rifle, whereas the ACE is probably 1.5moa at best. The SCAR is also two pounds lighter.

>the ACE is probably 1.5moa at best
bullshiggy
>SCAR is also two pounds lighter
that’s a nonissue though as I don’t plan on bugging out with it and i like heavy funs

akg sucks now can I hang out here?

>bullshiggy
That's what the Internet claims.
>that’s a nonissue though as I don’t plan on bugging out with it and i like heavy funs
You just said that you'll be using the rifle in "sandy wind, heat, rain, humidity" conditions, so I assumed you'd be carrying it around outdoors. Between the G3 and the FAL, I would probably pick the G3, since the FAL was known for not performing well in certain environments. It's why the Israelis implemented sand cuts into the bolt before eventually switching over to the original Galil.

fal because i like crisp triggers

atlanticfirearms.com/products/ptr-gi-308-rifle-w-o-rail
is this a good deal, are there better? also why does their display rifle have three fire modes.

i will be carrying it but that doesn’t mean 2 ibs will break my back, I am stronk. I really do appreciate the input though, it’s why I’m asking here. G3 it is then, thanks Jow Forums

FAL.

Attached: Tread off.jpg (1500x1125, 402K)

I would rather have a railed version, since it would allow you to mount an optic lower than a claw mount, and I would definitely want an optic on a .308 rifle.

classicfirearms.com/ptr-91-g1-308-caliber-semi-auto-rifle-gi-ptr-101/
how about that?

So, does anyone know what to look for in a tanker .308 M1? I've heard some of them remilitarized cut-up recievers and have incorrect lugs to handle the more modern .308 ammo.

Yes, yes HERESY, but, they're all force-matched, poorly matching garbage - not your grandpappy's gun that stormed Iwo. I'm just looking for a 16.25" carbine that can pack a whallop for

Yall votin today?

Attached: 20181106_130704.jpg (4032x1960, 2.21M)

already did. Voted (R) down the whole ticket, but, deep in liberal country so it doesn't matter.

I would go for it as long as you plan on using an optic.

I did the same. Straight ticket R. I only genuinely liked one of the candidates I voted for, my state representative. I'm mostly a centrist but gun rights is my main concern so it's what I voted for. I still disliked a lot of what my candidates stood for, and even a few of them really aren't pro-gun: they're just slightly better than the (D) opponent who is rabidly anti-gun.

Bipartisan politics suck.

Attached: 1537910258143.jpg (651x655, 58K)

l o n g b o y e

Take the singleissue pill. Fuck politics. I only care about gun rights and base voting entirely on that one issue.

Who makes a .308 muzzle break that doesnt have really bad concussion?
The recoil on the MDR is pretty harsh when you want to used magnified optics.

Im sure it is with good ammo, but I doubt sub moa with ball ammo.

My PTR run's like a champ, no matter the weather, how full of crud or bad the ammo is it feeds and goes bang.

But it's not an accurate rifle, at 200m i get 5-6" groups with decent factory ammo

I thought PTRs were generally fairly accurate, 3moa with good ammo doesnt sound very good.

Why do I get a chubby every time I shoot my Scar?

>Use will be target in extreme conditions 400-500 meters.
Buy a bolt action. Both the G3 and FAL are gonna shoot 12in groups at that range, especially in harsh temperatures.

Because you were molested

3MOA with a G3 is good. They're battle rifles, not precision rifles.

Well I was touched by my big tittied babby sitter when I was 10. Guess that explains it.

What's a good cheap battle rifle that is preferably on budsgunsshop (only online store that ships to my local dealer)?
Should I just get a kit?

define good and cheap

>good and cheap
SKS

Otherwise you're going to need to choose between good or cheap

Read that as "big tittied babby sister" at first, and also got a chubby.

>I'm still living in the 90s
The AR platform is now cheaper then the SKS platform. Grow up.

The AR15 is not a battle rifle and a decent AR10 is gonna cost a little more than an SKS, but not a bad suggestion.

700$ limit and something good for hunting

M1A or AR10

>platform

Attached: 1541375293825.jpg (500x500, 31K)

budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/2084_2108/products_id/75794/DPMS 60560 PTHR Oracle 20+1 308WIN/7.62NATO 16

What about the same requirements but in a ban state?

I looked at M1s, Remington 74Xs, SKSes are fine/not preferred, but, any other solutions out there?

chrome to the dome

M1A or a cucked AR10. $700 doesn't leave you with many options. Scrape together another $200 and Atlantic will sell you a PTR with a grip fin.

wouldnt' that be lead to the head?

M1As/BM-59s are the most popular firearms around here, but, they're easily 1k+. Honestly the cheapest seems to be a rack grade M1 and just shoot 30-06

sounds like a case of steel to the peel

a pop pop to your top?

You're option is building an AR10 with a "compliance device" like such
maglatchusa.com

Really not a bad option

Unfortunately, ARs/AKs and all associated actions (DI and long-stoke pistons) are banned by name regardless of compliance shenanigans.

M1As, Scars, BM-59s, PTRs are all 100% okay though.

a tap to the cap

a round to your crown?

if you want a good grouping .308 semi at long range you want an AR10, it's the bland anwser but the correct one and also the cheapest option too

G3: built cheaply for dumb conscripts - rough around the edges but very durable.
FAL: made for trained troops with certain standards in mind - needs sensible attention but of much great finesse.

What about people that have just find the ergos of the G3 impossible to use?

Lotta people hyping they're favorite rifle. The ace is the superior rifle. Rotating bolt accuracy, AK gas system means its overgassed and works in some of the worst possible conditions, better ergos than a normal AK, probably not as ridiculously long as an HK91 or FAL, and better optic mounting options.

Oh bummer. What state is that? I figured you were Californian.

NO.

Is battle rifle relegated to certain rifles, or can you build an AR10 and it's a battle rifle?

>Unfortunately, ARs/AKs and all associated actions (DI and long-stoke pistons) are banned by name regardless of compliance shenanigans.
That's why you break the law.

Anyone?

>AR10 and it's a battle rifle?
Yes AR10 is a battle rifle. HK91 clones and FALs have just taken over this general because everyone bought them because they're cheap (used to be) and iconic. Welcome AR10 fren.

That bottom rifle is aesthetic af, what is that? Is that custom furniture?

see mega Stan

Mass....

Imagine if the clinton era ban never ended - Id say in some things we're worse than CA or NYC, but, in others I think we're actually better. I'd rather not move there than stay here.

Cool, so where are you going to import an AR from because it's banned at the dealer level, and no dealer will even attempt to import it. Can't drive to NH and get one there - the local ones know the law and the distant ones don't sell it. You can try to buy an AR face-to-face in NH, but, then the seller's retarded too.

Also, AR =/= Battle Rifle, but, aside from the point.

stop being a handlet

stop being a dicklet

I was gonna buy a BR today, but decided to wait until black friday. gonna try to snag a C308 for around $500

but...

I DID buy a cheapie stevens 12 gauge from wal-mart. gonna cut the barrel to 19 or so inches and never clean the thing.

Based. This is actually at my local fun store, it's 9 and some change at that link and 11 and some change at the store. Probably evens out if I factor in the shipping costs/FFL fee. My outdoor gun club is fuddy and they're still getting over my beretta, might not be wise to show up next month with this but it might get a pass for looking old.

Wait will a gun store really do a black Friday deal? Holy shit I'm gonna hold what I got then

Where can I get a G3 like in the OP and how much would it cost me?

megastan

930 doesn't seem to bad, but then again I don't know shit about battle rifles and PTR. Is that a fair price?

About a thousand bucks, plus a few more for the metal lower.

It's called a PTR-91.

Yes, 900-1k is about the going rate depending which model you're looking at.

PTR is a solid company and G3s are very solid rifles. They're still G3s, which have klunky ergonomics so I recommend checking one out in person before buying.

>metal lower
the lower receiver? Sorry if I'm being dumb

Ok, cool to know. Is there any "essential" starter battle rifle; an equivalent to a PSA AR or WASR? I'm just trying to get a feel for this, I'm brand new to the battle rifle scene.

essential? no, but there are the most common: FAL, G3, AR-10, Galil

sup /brg/

Attached: 20181105_103442-1612x907.jpg (1612x907, 650K)

>x39
get this lovely toy out of here

I would argue the best starter for your money is either the PTR-91 GI (basic bitch PTR with no rail) or the GI-R (has a rail on the top). Some like it without the rail so they can use older attachments that add a removable rail, or just for the aesthetics. Its also roughly 50 to 100ish cheaper. You can find good deals on PTRs and get them for roughly 800ish.

What is a good beginners battle rifle boys? Money is an issue

if money is a concern, get an AR-10, here is absolute cheapest yet acceptable:
palmettostatearmory.com/psa-gen2-pa10-18-mid-length-308-win-stainless-steel-classic-rifle.html

Zastava
You goofed

If you have a paddle mag release the frees up 95% of the issues with ergonomics, the rest is just practicing the drill. I do wish extended safety selectors weren't fucking $150 but that's only a minor quibble with my rifle.

Be sure to inspect the C308 and KNOW WHAT THE FUCK to look for. Between surplus parts and the drunk monkeys at Century you could be buying a perfectly serviceable CETME or a fucking bomb waiting to be triggered.

C308 is cheaper

Attached: 31421706_1.jpg (400x250, 7K)

PTR is a good starter because they're solidly built and basically idiot-proof.
AR-10s can be cheap pretty good if you build them right and share some parts with AR-15s which is great. They are liable to be finnicky if built wrong though.
FALs are generally pretty solid, but don't have as much availability as they used to. It's mostly just DSA now.
M14s are comfy if you like traditional rifle ergonomics, but pretty expensive for what you get. Mostly dominated by Springfield but JRA is a good alternative.

Just droppin in to say howdy

Attached: 20180106_100336.jpg (2576x1932, 1.25M)

people dont?

Attached: 2018-10-15 13.50.32.jpg (4032x3024, 1.81M)

Is there a general agreement on ptr91 telescoping stocks? The shoulder rest seems fairly small but it felt surprisingly comfortable when i held it at my LGS.

Ah, I see you are a man of exquisite tastes as well

Attached: 14563529865798764.jpg (3264x2448, 1.46M)

That's a damn nice collection amigo. How do you like the Brownell's Retro AR-10 and is the muzzle brake on that AR pistol there to clear the adjacent shooting lanes of fudds at the range?

what’s that thin gripped pistola

Should I expect a decent FAL in the $1k range or do I need to spend a little more?

Steyr M9, and by the way I thoroughly fucking recommend it if you are in the market for tactical tupperware. That is the best striker fired pistol I have ever shot, and I've shot a lot of striker fired pistols. Excellent ergonomics, the trapezoidal sights are so good I'm shocked people aren't copying them, altogether an accurate, reliable gun with a futuristic aesthetic. Please buy one so the aftermarket expands.

Attached: 18993217473214.png (789x600, 401K)

1k is perfect for basic DSA FAL, their carbine is going for 999 and the 21” is at 1029

I've seen some old Steyr Stg. 58 DSA builds floating around that price, Imbels for slightly cheaper. You will have to look around and it might be well seasoned, but it's definitely possible. I was shocked the last gun show I was at had tons of FALs and AR-18s at really good prices. Too bad I didn't sell my guns or I would have probably left with as many guns as I came with.

looks sort of spacey, and only 436. you’re shilling just enough to make me consider.