Best of .40

I was thinking of picking of a new .40 for my security job wanted go with the Sig Sauer P229. What other good .40 options are there Jow Forums?

Attached: fewefwef.jpg (2464x1632, 227K)

>Sig

Attached: Laughing Judges.jpg (998x1018, 603K)

GLAWK FORTAY

I have a Glock 23 that I am very happy with

>Not Baretta

Attached: 1536117808395.jpg (400x462, 48K)

>the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best
>of youuuuuuuuuuuuu

Attached: USP 40 LEM.jpg (2000x1498, 1.86M)

A short list of pistols that handle .40 very well:
Beretta 96
PX4
SR40
P226
USP
Glock 27
Hi Power
CZ sp-01 / p-07
FNX

I'm sure there are a few more now. None of them are bad options except maybe the High Powers.

USP, USPc, P30L, P2000, P2000sk, G23, VP40

glawks are a bit snappy but theyre glawks so you can get them anywhere for relatively cheap

the M@P, the USP the walther ppq handle it the best IMO. never shot a .40 sig but theyre tanks so Ill give them the benefit of the doubt

I have a PX4 and it feels nice in my hands, shoots well, and isn't nearly as snappy as other polymer framed pistols in .40 that I have shot. Namely my Walther P99 that enjoys looking skyward after every shot.

i have an M&P40 and recoils about the same as my friends M&P9.

ive put about 700 rounds through it without any issues

I have this exact gun in that caliber and it is my favorite handgun hands down. The heavy stainless steel slide sops up the recoil of the .40 S&W pretty well and you can convert to the .357 SIG for fun. I personally don’t like striker fired guns as much

I own and fire both the 96 brigadier and PX4 in .40 and though I like both, the PX4 is especially sweet. I plan on getting another in 9mm. Good gun.

Seething

At least I can have a multiple story house without getting Waco'd for constructive intent

wat

HK USP
Beretta PX4
CZ 75B/P01/P09
S&W 4006

These guns handle .40 well, feel great to hold and shoot.. There are other options for .40, but the guns I listed have class. A Glock fowtay or a M&P is a soulless, functional tool that's "good enough".

Don't buy sig. Just no

S&W 4000 series of pistols used is a damn good deal on a great pistol.

Just buy a 10mm dude

None.

XDM

Attached: 9606-DEFAULT-l.jpg (900x573, 69K)

G20
.40 conv barrel

Handgun recoil is a complex impulse. Some guns have more of a straight back punch into your hand that dissipates through your arm. Other guns have more upward flip that dissipates through you wrist. Most guns do both, but to different degrees.

The P229 is one of the more flippy .40 caliber handguns out there. It's not unshootable, but shooting it side-by-side with a Glock 23, you really notice the flippiness.

I can personally confirm that Berettas tend to have a below average recoil impulse and little relative muzzle flip. They are soft recoiling pistols all-around, although there's not a single Beretta design that I personally would own.

HK's have a very soft recoil impulse and average muzzle flip. I find all their pistols aside from the full size USP's to be very easy to control, and the full size USP's are fine shooters, just not my preference.

Glocks are very good. I think the Gen 4's have a slight edge in recoil control, but I might be imagining it. The recoil impulse is about average, but muzzle flip is below average.

Sigs just suck all around. Lots of recoil impulse and lots of muzzle flip. I don't know why anyone buys this design outside of 9mm.

Those are the only brands I've shot in .40; however, I would add a few things from extrapolation with the 9mm versions. From my experience shooting the 5906, I am very skeptical that the S&W 4006 has good recoil control. For an all steel pistol, the 9mm has an abnormal amount of recoil. Also, while every CZ 75 I've shot was soft-shooting, they are also heavy guns. I am skeptical that the design would be very efficient at recoil mitigation when ported to a polymer frame. Finally, someone mentioned the Hi Power. I second this recommendation. Although I've only shot Hi Powers in 9mm, they have some really soft and easy-to-control recoil. I'd love to own one in .40, and I believe they command a premium on the used market in this caliber for a good reason.

How many .40 P226s do you think are out there vs the P229? I've read countless times about how the P229 was designed around the .40 and therefore is somehow preferable in that caliber, but it's essentially just a chopped 226 so what the fuck. Both .40 and .357 SIG are calibers that would benefit from longer barrels, so...