Explain to me how a speedboat navy poses a threat to a bluewater navy

Explain to me how a speedboat navy poses a threat to a bluewater navy.

Attached: 1499917976257.jpg (1280x538, 98K)

The US decided to not chimp out for once. Reminder that it can and has raped the Iranian navy.

Maneuverability and speed.
Big, bulky and slow vs. Small, slim, and fast. It can go either way based on the weaponry on board. Speedboat comes up to your hull and blows a hole at/under the waterline, you'll have a bad day.

But with what weapons? They should at least have some ATGMs or maybe even torpedoes, not Somali pirate tier RPGs

it was good day for iran

Attached: 694940094001_4750103416001_f237f7a1-3097-4b05-aa93-46d9363399c3.jpg (1273x716, 89K)

>explain to me how a guy with a knife poses a threat to a guy with an AR15

>Onigger
>cuck out, give money to the Iranians
>Trump
>lob 50+ cruise missiles, B2 and F-35 strikes against Iranian shipyards and naval bases
If fucking only.

If millennium challenge 2001 is to be believed, the Iranians have mastered the creation of Einstein-Rosen bridges to transport their speedboats and messenger bikes.

same way how a small viking sub BTFO'd a giant american CV.

>Explain to me how a speedboat navy poses a threat to a bluewater navy.

The speedboat navy is full of men and the blue water navy is americans

Imagine for a moment, you are an Arnold Schwarzenegger circa 1985 looking mother fucker walking down the street, when a retarded midget starts throwing rocks at you.

Now, you could easily rip the midget a new one, possibly even kill him in a single punch, however this is a public place, and people will see you do this. So, you become the better man and let the midget throw rocks at you for a moment so that you don't get thrown in prison for murdering a retard.

This is the situation the US is in, and has been for decades.

t. bootlicker

Attached: arnie laughing you.png (633x464, 286K)

Nothing about that fiasco was caused by the size of the navy. The naval training is obviously a joke though.

This. Kill the cops too if they take issue but something assures me they won't.

The element of surprise and the speed at which the attack can be done

I get what you guys mean, and yeah, I'd love to see the US either become bong empire 2.0 or tell everyone to fuck off and become swizerland 2.0, but current politics is a strange beast indeed, and I'm sure we could get away with murdering the retarded midget, but it probably wouldn't be worth it.

>Explain to me how a speedboat navy poses a threat to a bluewater navy.
It doesn't.

Attached: Bild-Prayingmantis5sahand.jpg (2561x1869, 1.08M)

Realistically speaking what could the US have done differently if they refused to be boarded? They were in speedboats too, one with engine problems, and they'd fucked up by sailing right into Iranian water. Not like that could shoot their way out of it and survive.

>survive
You go down with the ship

Attached: referee-smiles-girl-beats-boy-wrestling.jpg (800x568, 97K)

that's what every proper warship if any decent military has mashineguns and remktr controlled or even manually controlled 20-30mm autocannons for.
they make ground beef of any small, quick boats.

Subs are a shit ton dif than boats.

One of the two has women. Guess why those guys surrendered that day? Unwilling to risk the life of a woman.

French just tested ATGM MMP launched from a Rhib to land on a dual launcher.

Israel has also put ATGMs on their little patrol boats.

Has anyone other than Iran started making GEV's lately?

Attached: Iran GEV.jpg (480x360, 14K)

Doubt it. They aren't that useful. Radar/camera is subject to excessive shock and vibration, plus too low to surface to provide much info.
Single person operator would also make it difficult to fire an ATGM or rocket from it. More likely to get BTFO by a 40mm/76mm ship main gun or manually targeted CIWS.

If their goal is to bleed coalition forces of dollars by making them expend missiles on multiple little threats then I think it will work.

It's what the Taliban did to America, they new they could never win so they just bled America of as much money as possible.

Through a combination of cheating and metagaming in a single wargame.

i don't think it's fair to call the US a retarded midget.

After seeing those pictures, our first contact with them should have been a formal letter threatening immediate Gulf War II if the military members weren't immediately returned to the country.

>Gulf War II
You mean Iraq II: Now With a Fuckton of Mountains.

Just because they're a bunch of boy fucking sand monkeys doesn't mean they're an insurgency. Iran has distinct military targets that can be bombed into oblivion. Maybe they won't want to show how tough their military is if it means they won't have a military.

I think that’s called Afghanistan

Insurgency is literally part of their doctrine.

There are two options for a war against Iran; ground invasion or symbolic air strikes. A ground invasion means a full scale commitment against Iran and a long occupation. Redressing a minor slight is not worth such expense. The other option is symbolic air strikes. That could easily wipe out a large part of conventional Iranian strength but then Iranian leadership would be forced to retaliate in some manner least they lose face domestically. Suddenly people we don't like in Afghanistan, Lebanon and other locations start receiving new Iranian made TOW kockoffs and other nice goodies to go with their new marching order. Also not a good outcome.

The US response was the correct one. Get the sailors back quickly and quietly and then demote the moron who let his boat breakdown next to an IRGC naval base when he was supposed to be on the other side of the Gulf.