USS RONALD REAGAN NUKE DEPARTMENT ALL ON LSD

navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2018/11/06/officials-ronald-reagan-lsd-probe-bigger-than-you-think-14-nuke-sailors-snagged/
Fourteen sailors from the nuclear reactor department of the aircraft carrier Ronald Reagan face disciplinary action in connection to LSD abuse, Navy officials confirmed this week.

Two sailors are already heading to court-martial for using, possessing and distributing the hallucinogenic drug, while three are waiting to see whether they will be charged as well, according to 7th Fleet spokesman Lt. Joe Keiley.

Another 10 sailors with the Japan-based ship were administratively disciplined on LSD-related charges, Keiley said.

A 15th sailor was also disciplined, but that person was not assigned to the carrier’s reactor department.

Keiley said the 14 reactor sailors charged or facing potential charges came from a department with more than 400 personnel.

Accused sailors were removed from all duties pending the findings of the Naval Criminal Investigative Service probe, he said in an email.

“Out of an abundance of caution, Ronald Reagan leadership reviewed the work previously performed by the accused sailors and no improper work was identified,” Keiley said in an email to Navy Times.

Keiley declined to detail the ranks, ratings or charges that the administratively disciplined personnel faced but said “propulsion plant operations and maintenance are supervised by senior personnel.”

“Due to the defense in depth of the design and operation of the propulsion plants, the reactors aboard (the Reagan) remain safe,” he said.

Two sailors are awaiting court-martial in connection to allegations they used and distributed LSD.

Machinist’s Mate Nuclear 2nd Class Andrew W. Miller faces charges for using, possessing and trafficking the drug from January to February of this year, according to charge sheets.

Attached: Capture.png (792x709, 849K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarnak_Farm_incident
clyp.it/l0pro1r2
www()rollingstone()com/politics/politics-news/fear-and-loathing-in-las-vegas-204655/?print=true
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Navy's the fucking worst.

Attached: 1521433349224.jpg (662x640, 81K)

>working in nuclear reactor
>alex shows up with a grin on his face
>wana try some el es DEEEEEEEEEEEEE?
>his question reverberated in my mind. The earth shattering boredom around this place is really getting to me
>he produces from his pocket a strip of paper and I take a ticket
>suddenly, I was in the middle of a fucking reptile zoo
>and someone was feeding radiation to these goddamn things.
>look down
>not only is the metal flooring of the carrier getting moist and gooey, but my skin is starting to slide off
>must be all the radiation in here
>ted is splashing around in the waste drums
>full speed ahead captian
>its widowmaker part 2 and were all gonna enjoy the ocean floor

Attached: 32289ECA-2B10-4B8D-9038-AC9EB89C9BE6.jpg (4032x3024, 2.45M)

Muh gobment can't tell me what I can and can't do in my free time.

>no improper work was identified
So what's the problem, again?

>The reactor James, the reactor
>-the electric ghost

Honestly, after reading from You guys, I am not surprised at all.

Payback for the opium wars, gwailo

Attached: download.png (269x187, 15K)

LSD is popular in the military, because like cocaine, it is out of your system very quickly. It isn't detectable without going into a spinal tap.

But should pay back be against the British

Shame they couldn't use it in off hours

While pilots feel the need for speed, it is all about acid in lower decks.

Attached: tumblr_mh724qywJT1qhoafgo1_500.gif (500x352, 495K)

I just came from Reagan's reactor department. This is all old news. Started in February. Only 5 people actually admitted to any drug use. One was caught with pot in his system by a piss test. The others are in legal limbo because the command is dragging their dicks. They didn't do illegal drugs. They're only involved because one guy threw out as many names as he could in a plea bargain. 3 guys are already going to Leavenworth for drug possession and use. 4 guys are currently waiting court martial (two of them were already masted and found guilty because the CO couldn't prove they weren't going out), and the rest are stuck on board under a liberty risk program. Everyone involved has been on lib risk since February.

Arr round eye rook same

>>suddenly
Guess how I can tell that you've never tried it?

Even the spinal tap is bullshit.

this doesn't surprise me at all

>this is what hippies actually believe

Thanks for the facts user, shit is never straightforward in the military.

>being a nuke is such a shit job that sailors have to drug themselves to cope
>no the system is blameless, sailors are at fault here
>what? Yeah they performed their duties flawlessly but we don't like that they're having fun at the job
Navy a shit.

Idk, not like LSD interferes with work or affects them unless they’re doing it during work hours

I smoke cannabis before every shift and work circles around my potato coworkers.

Wow you must be the exception at your shit work place right.

I'm surprised the military has such a harsh stance against amphetamines, considering how useful they are.

I just feel like doing psychs on a boat would be a terrible idea, if you start having a bad time you're stuck there.

>harsh stance against amphetamines
>literally give them out like candy to pilots
nigga go pills are so widespread do you even

>Make Nuke jobs the absolute worst with little to no downtime
>wonder why they start doing drugs

What a shock.

There are LOTS of jobs where a little drink or smoke won't hurt your productivity, and I have no problem with that. I'd still like the people running a nuclear reactor to remain stone cold sober. Is that so much to ask?

Attached: c5a73982776e59a450ddbb6fdfebc938.jpg (460x642, 57K)

>Watch out Canadians
Who exactly made this, and why?

People in the Military are using acid like crazy because apparently they don't test for it
(mostly concerned with coke, opioids, and lmaodudeweed)
Guess that shit is going to be mandatory now

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarnak_Farm_incident

Attached: Tarnak_Farms_pilot.jpg (1632x1442, 230K)

You lads need to step up your debauchery game or we might have to reconsider this 'special relationship'.
Honestly, LSD??
Your not in fucking 'nam, lads.

Attached: HMSsexandcocaine.jpg (521x972, 239K)

But did you lads do it on the boat?

Oh for fucks sake, this is why we don't help you.

You can't reasonably test for it.
They're taking LSD because it is only in your system a few hours (less time than the high), whereas most others (opiates, marijuana) are detectable for weeks.

Lsd lasts for 12 hours and it's like a fucking bell curve.

The bio half life is like 5 hours, so it's going to be detectable for a few days at least.
I mean it's detectable in hair tests for a damn long time, but no one hair hair long enough due to the grooming standards

>tfw you surface in the Arctic because you thought the snow was coke.

Attached: HMS Trenchant Surfaces in Arctic.webm (1280x720, 2.36M)

He isn't a piece of shit?

this, kek

found the boomer

Attached: 1540934852849.jpg (1024x789, 90K)

Attached: American_Victory.png (2560x1440, 1.03M)

kek.
A wild (((Alex Cohn))) appeared in only 3 minutes.

>Blacked

I'm not going to read the article, but I doubt all 14 of them were actually using LSD. Just the way the Navy punishing people, very collective, so its probably people he worked with and the immediate chain of command.

>hasn't read Fear and Loathing
reference
-------------
your head

Yeah it can only be detected in blood tests shortly afterwards.

Nearly sank?
That’s like saying your nearly a man.
>Do, or do not, there is no try.

Attached: 1661538B-74A2-40B7-B7DE-F6CDFF553EBD.jpg (500x473, 35K)

Lotta nuke techs are kind of ~out there~, though I know the non-military ones. When you have a certain understanding of the low level particle interaction of the universe, it makes you think a lot. Sitting in a steel control room watching reactor readouts on a light dose of LSD sounds like a hell of an interesting time.

I would imagine a number of them don't even take it to trip and just microdose.

It was Dajjjeeewwwsss just like the liberty, wasn’t it?

Any job requiring much technical knowledge or memory is a bad idea to trip on. Your short term memory gets shot because you often will get super absorbed into the trip, and pulling up older memories becomes harder as well. I doubt anyone in their right mind would try it before work.

Not too sure how you got Fear and Loathing out of that

thats fucking bs and you know it.

yeah this. at the peak of my trip i forgot what my friend next to me said the instant he said it. you'll have to do so little the effects aren't going to be much more than an improved mood to be able to do a job that isn't menial as fuck.

IMPRESSIVE

With a single stroke of hallucinogenics fate has marked the decline of the West and spelled and spelled a new era of disaster and internal collapse for the American scooter
which promises to firmly stand in sharp contrast to the historically decency of western culture and the blessing it brought to the hunger nations of the world
The brewing of crystalline compound, quantum lysergic acid hyper diethylamide will be the instrument with which Amerrica affirms its stepdown from 21st century world politics and offers the non-western world no option but to abondon it; an depredation of Western leadership and the missed opportunity for a more equitable and dignified multilateralism.

It's not a shit job. It's tough but satisfying. The drawback is all those senior supervisors with no people skills which is why those lifer diggits stayed in.

WTF USA. This could've ended in a disaster.

The tests cost like 700 bucks and only work for 3 days max..only high level DOD fuckers get tested

It could even be helpful for extremely repetitive jobs, but doing repetitive things can also cause thought loops which can make for a scary trip. Overall tripping at any time other than free time is a horrible idea.

It's not anybody in the chain of command. Literally just 3 people who confessed, 1 other who was caught with weed in his system, and people named by one of the guys who confessed to get a lighter sentence.

Only 2 people involved with the investigation are ETs. Every other sailor is a machinist's mate who works with steam systems.

The first post quoted was adapted directly from the book.

Sometimes the deployments can be a bit rough, but it's 100% true about the senior supervisors. There's a couple exceptions, but you can always tell which fuckers will stay in and which fuckers will move on to better things.

Cite it nigger

Same thing happened to the photographers mates uss Nimitz 1988, lost the cruise book staff

I can't imagine what would possess someone to do LSD below decks but chilling on the runway watching planes fly off sounds amazing.

I wonder how many
>crashes destroyer into oil tanker
>crashes destroyer into reef
>crashes destroyer into port
>crashes F-XX into the sea
>crashes Seahound into sea
>crashes Osprey into the sea
are releated to that

No, it was that one guy, on amphetamines. I don't think the guy is member of the (((tribe))). Basically after the event happened USAF investigated it, initially both pilots were charged with multiple counts of negligent manslaughter and aggravated assault and dereliction of duty. Guy who dropped the bombs was the wingman, major Schmidt. Charges on lead pilot were later dropped entirely. All charges except dereliction of duty were dropped for Schmidt and he was NJP'd with 5700 dollar fine (monthly paycheck for major?) and he got letter of reprimand, basically angry letter from his commanding officer that stays on his service record. Canadians published the results of investigation and letter of reprimand as they lost 4 soldiers and 8 more were injured, kinda public matter for Canadians.

Couple years later major Schmidt sued USAF for violating his privacy and defamation as letter of reprimand had damaged his reputation. He had substantial damages claim in that lawsuit. Case was dismissed.

Basically the course of events was following:
>Two F-16's were returning from a 10 hour mission, powered by go-pills.
>Maj Schmidt detected fire on the ground and requested permission strafe the site with 20mm cannon fire.
>Told fuck no by lead pilot and to make sure that it isn't friendlies.
>Then he was told to mark coordinates and hold fire by AWACS until they can figure out is there any friendly forces in area.
>Maj Schmidt then detected some more fire on the ground.
>39 seconds after being told to hold fire by AWACS he dropped 500 pound laser guided bomb on Canucks that were conducting night fighting exercise in "secure" area.

In that letter of reprimand general who was in charge of investigation pointed out that Schmidt showed absolutely no remorse over events, was generally arrogant and dismissive to investigators, he blamed drugs, he blamed everyone in chain command, considered himself to be the victim and lied to investigators on multiple occasions.

They don't. The USAF is on record, in multiple accounts, as to admitting mandatory amphetamine use.

They did that with the entire Navy, stripping everything down to the bone, and getting rid of all the guys that did basic maintenance with Miscelaneous as their MOS. Among other things. This means 10 hr workdays, every day solid. All because of severe manpower issues. The US Navy is at the cracking point.

where?

Imagine how fucking terrible of a trip they all must of been having. I’ve done LSD in public, and even that shit was too much for me. Now imagine tripping while being self aware you’re in the middle of the ocean in a steel coffin with a nuclear reactor inside of it, surrounded by people that want to catch you fucking up.

i guess that's why they were caught i'd be so nervous you'd instantly know what i'm on

>but we don't like that they're having fun at the job
They are maintaining fucking nuclear reactors, on an asset of strategic importance, no scratch that, on an asset that rivals the military power of entire countries. And that asset is extremely expensive and carries over 5000 souls, I sure as shit would not have liked to have degenerates work with the very heart of said asset, a heart that is kept mechanically under control so it doesn't melt straight trough the hull of the craft and kill of everyone aboard.

>Idk, not like LSD interferes with work or affects them unless they’re doing it during work hours
It's not like nuclear reactors could potentially require emergency maintenance or repairs

Imagine being tasked with making sure the hot nuclear egg everybody is sitting on doesn't melt open, then deciding that your desire to induce brain malfunctions with toxic chemicals overrides all your duties.

I'd have poked them with a bayonet off a plank right then and there.

In wikipedia. Previous poster I assume edited result from American friendly fire incident to American Victory. (((Alex Cohn))) reversed the edit in 3 minutes. That wikipedophile had tagged his edit with a plugin that used to detect changes to controversial topics like wars, war crimes and friendly fire incidents.

lol, I remember when I used to drop acid on base while in the RAN back in 2010, never did it whilst deployed though, that's pretty fucking stupid.

Nuke shit so mind numbing you've gotta do something to keep it interesting.

>That's why I deserted

Until we start killing you worthless faggots for sober incompetence get off our asses for inebriated competence.

t. I'm so much fucking better than you, I can do whatever you're best at, after five beers, better than you.

Shit lasts for 10-12 hours. Sometimes longer depending on the blotter.

>LSD
>Not Datura
Navy are u even trying lmao

I just left Reagan's reactor department.

That's not really how it works. With the design of the system, it's practically impossible to cause a meltdown in a naval nuclear reactor.

I meant cite the F&L quote you illiterate kumquat

>Alex

Was this on the Bush?

>Stone cold sober
>Naval Nuclear Power Program

I have bad news for you user...

Drinking on the job and doing coke was so common when I was in, it was fucking unbelievable. My first day on a carrier, I was told by my LPO that it was cool if I drank, as long as I was still cool to operate. It got better as some of the old hands filtered out, but it was definitely always an issue.

I remember having to hold bottles in my rack during underways so that my LPO and some of the other first classes didn't get the DTs while we were out to sea.

>has never done LSD

Woah. Big.

WASTED

all hail satan get

Bruh it's from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

No it isn't you retard

digits of pure truth

>suddenly, I was in the middle of a fucking reptile zoo
>and someone was feeding radiation to these goddamn things.
Nice thompsonpost

It's at least from the movie, I don't remember if the book had that or not.

>I remember having to hold bottles in my rack during underways so that my LPO and some of the other first classes didn't get the DTs while we were out to sea.
Jesus. You'd think they'd see a doc and get on some benzos.

>t. degenerate

Surely you've got a scene?

This man just called someone a kumquat

Attached: hit_or_missu.png (928x960, 519K)

clyp.it/l0pro1r2

Attached: 1456971414968.png (1064x1163, 767K)

Jesus fuck, you must be fucking retarded. How many times did the doctor drop you after you were born? It's multiple parts, but here's one original: We're right in the middle of a fucking reptile zoo! And somebody's giving booze to these goddamn things!
Anyway, the whole original novel is on Rolling Stones website: www()rollingstone()com/politics/politics-news/fear-and-loathing-in-las-vegas-204655/?print=true